AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 22:19   Link #4001
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I'm starting to dislike GoL. First, they cut all of Une's badass scenes and now that Heero is responsible for Darlian's death, they've also screwed half the plot over. Relena haters will have a field day when she starts following Heero around because then she'll really come off as a lunatic stalker with a crush. -__-
Otto's death also looks rather pointless compared to the series and that Onegell dude can't aim worth crap it seems. Or maybe he just hates Zechs' hair? And even though it's not supposed to be amusing, Darlian looks like he's been tugged in with that wall on him.
GoL is still awesome. No, Une doesn't kill Septem or Darlian any more, but there's still the colony arc, where she really shone in my opinion.

Personally, I like Darlian's "new" fate. It could adds another dynamic to Relena and Heero's relationship. There's no guarantee she sticks by him the way she did in the anime now. Even she did, her reasons could be different. And the Weridge connection(which was barely touched on in the anime) figures to be more important in the manga too.

It wasn't quite the same, but Otto still gave his life for Zechs and the Sanc Kingdom.

On another note, I loved the shot of Zechs looking at Daigo through the door was just beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
By the way, in the ch 16 and 17 of GoL, a flashback panel shows Katrina with her pilot suit, meaning that FT and GoL are interwined... I like that
There have been links to the novel for a while. Heero referred to Zechs' suit as a white Greif in one of the earlier chapters. And there were also cameos by Izuki and Solak.

Quote:
Also
Spoiler for Altron Concierge:
Nice. Now, if only they'd release better, full-shot images of these new suits.
Old 2012-03-18, 07:41   Link #4002
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
no way that this kazuki clone is doktor s
GAH

The wonders of modern plastic surgery. Or what can go wrong, rather...

GAH, no way, I'll spend my sunday trying to unsee this XD

Also, I do agree about Darlian, this could potentially add an interesting touch to the series... or it could make it worse, really depends on how much faith we have in GoL's storytelling.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:32   Link #4003
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I don't know what's more shocking. That this is supposed to be Doktor S (no. effin. way.) or that this is the first truly original character design we get.
Ah, wait. There was Vingt. Well, first truly original character design of a woman then.

As for GoL, I didn't say it was bad. I just said that there are a few things that displease me. For sure, Une is still pretty badass when she fights Wu Fei and luckily she hasn't gotten any "damsel-in-distress" or "incompetent officer" treatment yet (and I hope it stays that way). It's just, well, I miss the redundancy of shooting a person through the head to ensure he dies while he's falling out of an airplane.

And twisting the circumstances of Darlian's death will certainly result in different relationship dynamics 'cause otherwise it would be just dumb. It's just that with those changes, I don't see several things happening anymore. Or at least not happening in the same way that they did in the series. For instance, "Party Night" might as well get cut from the manga, since Une has no reason to kill a non-existent witness. Likewise, Relena has no reason (as of yet) to go to Moscow to kill Une. The only thing that gets killed is the scene in the last episode when Une offers Relena a gun to exact revenge.

Of course, this might all still be added. I'm just a little befuddled at this point because there's a decent amount of character development based around those "deleted scenes". If they'll twist it in a way that it all makes sense, excellent, I won't complain. I'm just afraid that this might go in a direction I don't want it to (like a certain novel >_>).
Perhaps my current dislike also stems from the impression I had that GoL would be a complete retelling with all the details that weren't added in the series (most notably EZ). But hey, different doesn't mean bad. It just means different.

EDIT: Oh, for the love of... Something nagged me, so I checked and what do you know, they left the "HEERO! I'M RIGHT OVER HERE SO COME AND KILL MEEEE!" thing in there. They cut exploding makeup but include that? Who decides that? Honestly, here you have a golden opportunity to get rid of all that weird crap and you go and freaking include it? In what culture does that scene make sense anyway???

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2012-03-18 at 17:01.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:55   Link #4004
iambettyful

hey guys.. why'd u stop the thread? im beggining to think that u ol gettin tired of the FT? im new here & ive been reading these threads for 2 days straight now.. literally.. wishing that FT will be as good as the series.. by the way is there a site where i can read the FT without downloading anything? coz u know dont know ho to upgrade on whatever..i just like reading not downloading.. dont know if there's a site for this.. pls help, looking forward to read the rest of FT.. thanks..
iambettyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:03   Link #4005
Eeni

Quote:
As for GoL, I didn't say it was bad. I just said that there are a few things that displease me. For sure, Une is still pretty badass when she fights Wu Fei and luckily she hasn't gotten any "damsel-in-distress" or "incompetent officer" treatment yet (and I hope it stays that way). It's just, well, I miss the redundancy of shooting a person through the head to ensure he dies while he's falling out of an airplane.
That's because the Lady is thorough in the series. Double-tapping is just that extra, reassuring step that allows you to sleep at night knowing that the job was done right the first time. Look at Trieze, he was pretty happy, napping away knowing the situation was well taken care of!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 06:50   Link #4006
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambettyful View Post
hey guys.. why'd u stop the thread? im beggining to think that u ol gettin tired of the FT? im new here & ive been reading these threads for 2 days straight now.. literally.. wishing that FT will be as good as the series.. by the way is there a site where i can read the FT without downloading anything? coz u know dont know ho to upgrade on whatever..i just like reading not downloading.. dont know if there's a site for this.. pls help, looking forward to read the rest of FT.. thanks..
Umm, I'm not sure if I understand you but, as has been said, only the translations of the prologue and chapter 1 of FT are currently available online. Here and here. (no worries, it's not a download link )

Anything else was never downloadable to begin with. Though perhaps you're confusing the manga Glory of Losers with the novel Frozen Teardrop? Because, you know, FT is nowhere near the series... Anyway, should that be the case, I'm sorry but the scans don't seem to be available in an online gallery as of yet. You'll either have to wait or download. I hope that answers your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
That's because the Lady is thorough in the series. Double-tapping is just that extra, reassuring step that allows you to sleep at night knowing that the job was done right the first time. Look at Treize, he was pretty happy, napping away knowing the situation was well taken care of!
That's Lady Une for you. If you want a job done, get Une. xD Prior to the meddling of the Gundams, her record was impeccable. Treize even says in episode 6 that "it is not like her to mess up." And even if she never managed to defeat the Gundams in battle, in the end she completed all the tasks given to her: she killed Darlian, she took care of Septem, she silenced the Gundams and she won over the colonies. All by herself. That lady is badass.

There's one scene I really love, one I hope won't get omitted in the manga. It's when she threatens the colonies and Noin forwards Treize's message to her. Noin's smug face is so awesome when she tells her that Treize says to "be more elegant. More elegant, Lady."

By the way, I just noticed that there's a lot of slapping going on in GW. Une slaps Noin, Noin slaps random recruits, Rashid whacks Quatre, Catherine punches Trowa and even Relena gets to slap some sense into Mariemaia. The only one who doesn't do anything is Sally.
...No wait, she gets into a fight with those stupid soldiers. Gee, what violent women!
Old 2012-03-20, 07:32   Link #4007
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
There's one scene I really love, one I hope won't get omitted in the manga. It's when she threatens the colonies and Noin forwards Treize's message to her. Noin's smug face is so awesome when she tells her that Treize says to "be more elegant. More elegant, Lady."
OH MY GOD. If they somehow manage to leave Une bitch slapping Noin out, I will cry :< Because it was awesome.

Because well... Noin, I'm happy for ya and imma let you finish. But Une has the best backhand of all time. Of ALL TIME. Yes.

(Runner up must be Catherine as Relena loses style points for having an opponent half her size- and Sally just doesn't count, silly woman should've knocked out Wufei for a chance to make history)
I am grading people on their slap-capability, because FT drives me crazy. This is how far we've come.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 16:24   Link #4008
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

And twisting the circumstances of Darlian's death will certainly result in different relationship dynamics 'cause otherwise it would be just dumb. It's just that with those changes, I don't see several things happening anymore. Or at least not happening in the same way that they did in the series. For instance, "Party Night" might as well get cut from the manga, since Une has no reason to kill a non-existent witness. Likewise, Relena has no reason (as of yet) to go to Moscow to kill Une. The only thing that gets killed is the scene in the last episode when Une offers Relena a gun to exact revenge.

Of course, this might all still be added. I'm just a little befuddled at this point because there's a decent amount of character development based around those "deleted scenes". If they'll twist it in a way that it all makes sense, excellent, I won't complain. I'm just afraid that this might go in a direction I don't want it to (like a certain novel >_>).
Perhaps my current dislike also stems from the impression I had that GoL would be a complete retelling with all the details that weren't added in the series (most notably EZ). But hey, different doesn't mean bad. It just means different.

EDIT: Oh, for the love of... Something nagged me, so I checked and what do you know, they left the "HEERO! I'M RIGHT OVER HERE SO COME AND KILL MEEEE!" thing in there. They cut exploding makeup but include that? Who decides that? Honestly, here you have a golden opportunity to get rid of all that weird crap and you go and freaking include it? In what culture does that scene make sense anyway???
I hear you on things being different. And I completely agree on the hilariousness of how Une took out Septem.

There was definitely a good amount of character development in "Party Night" and "The Whereabouts of Happiness". But there's still so much time for Relena's character development. Really, I have no idea where the story will go for her or even when she'll start rebuilding the Sanc Kingdom.

As for that scene on the cliff, I've always felt it was her simply wanting to get an opportunity to see Heero again. Just my two cents.

Regarding the slap from Ep.10, I hope it makes GoL too. It should. The Tauruses and Siberia were mentioned two or three volumes back.
Old 2012-03-20, 22:59   Link #4009
DuoRanger
Banned

speaking about character development:

- we never saw about how Quatre dealed with the family business or his sisters after he returned to space(maybe someone or even his sisters thinked that he's dead).

- we never saw Duo's Odd Jobs as a Merc, and the time that he stayed with Hilde(at least how she fell in love with him and how she started to live with him, she doesn't need to be that temporary action girl).

- thus how Trowa deals with the Circus or what happened to him during the time that he lost his memory(we saw only him going to the circus and being helped by Kat and later Duo speaks with him, and no more), or at least katherine's view about Trowa(she could tell him that she's is his sister and that he had a family, and how her version about the war changed).
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:31   Link #4010
susyia

yeah i agree with you quatre is the character that we know less about his life
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 07:40   Link #4011
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
read episode zero... then you'll get to know the spoiled, resented with life, natural mobile suit pilot that our middle east born blondie was before Operation Meteor
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 08:10   Link #4012
rereremo

Quote:
Actually many mysterious things about the pilots are mentioned in episode zero.
Spoiler for A hint:
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:52   Link #4013
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Uh, I think susyia is talking about FT, guys.

Quote:
speaking about character development:

- we never saw about how Quatre dealt with the family business or his sisters after he returned to space(maybe someone or even his sisters thought that he's dead).
You mean after EW or before? During the series he said that his sisters managed the assets while he was officially "missing." After that he simply resurfaced again and took over most if not all of the business. In BT he's referred to as the head of the Winner family, same in Preventer 5 (at least he's sitting at a desk looking every bit like it). How he ended up on Mars is a different story though.

Quote:
- we never saw Duo's Odd Jobs as a Merc, and the time that he stayed with Hilde(at least how she fell in love with him and how she started to live with him, she doesn't need to be that temporary action girl).
Again, you mean Mars or the series? Because the merc thing happened on Mars while their living together was going on the entire latter half of the series (which totally proved that Duo had the hots for Heero).

Quote:
- thus how Trowa deals with the Circus or what happened to him during the time that he lost his memory(we saw only him going to the circus and being helped by Kat and later Duo speaks with him, and no more), or at least katherine's view about Trowa(she could tell him that she's is his sister and that he had a family, and how her version about the war changed).
While this would be very interesting indeed, I'm more eager to know what happened after the amnesia when she had to explain to him why she told him he was her little bro. That must've been awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
As for that scene on the cliff, I've always felt it was her simply wanting to get an opportunity to see Heero again. Just my two cents.
For sure, but they could've portrayed that wish in a manner that was a bit more... sane.

By the way, I remember people wanting for a full shot of Tallgeese. You know, there was one. Haven't you guys seen this concierge pic yet?

Spoiler for Tallgeese:

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2012-05-27 at 08:10.
Old 2012-03-21, 13:24   Link #4014
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Uh, I think susyia is talking about FT, guys.

Again, you mean Mars or the series? Because the merc thing happened on Mars while their living together was going on the entire latter half of the series (which totally proved that Duo had the hots for Heero).
Im talking about GoL, i mean, we don't know how hilde fell in love with him after he went to moon base, thus we never know how he started to like her, remember that when she was injured he freak out! and defeated a vayeate and mercurius with Trowa and Heero's AI.

And before trent find him with Zero, we saw only him living with her, but not how their relationship started, i mean maybe he saw hilde as a new chance to forget that he attracts death and destruction to everyone who likes him, and in FT when she died All of that "everyone stay back, im death incarnate, i attract only death and and destruction, leave me alone" returned.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:34   Link #4015
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Because well... Noin, I'm happy for ya and imma let you finish. But Une has the best backhand of all time. Of ALL TIME. Yes.
But the best backhand in any Gundam series has to go to Noah Bright. That was one authoritative bitch smacking!

Quote:
Again, you mean Mars or the series? Because the merc thing happened on Mars while their (Hilde & Duo) are living together was going on the entire latter half of the series (which totally proved that Duo had the hots for Heero).
You know, everyone always saids that because they lived together they were in love, but I never saw that... Hilde seemed to have a crush on Duo, but it didn't look like Duo cared. Every time they were portrayed together, Duo just seemed to be taking care of her, nothing more. Then FT portrays him as a douche towards her. Continues to live with her, runs off, incurs a debt, marries her and immediately runs off again. Are those really the actions of a man who loves a chick he's known since he was 15?

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-03-21, 14:08   Link #4016
susyia

[QUOTE=IkuzeMinna;4064168]Uh, I think susyia is talking about FT, guys.

You mean after EW or before? During the series he said that his sisters managed the assets while he was officially "missing." After that he simply resurfaced again and took over most if not all of the business. In BT he's referred to as the head of the Winner family, same in Preventer 5 (at least he's sitting at a desk looking every bit like it). How he ended up on Mars is a different story though.

Is that i want to know what hell he's doing there????
Old 2012-03-21, 14:19   Link #4017
susyia

please duo is not gay get over it.... maybe in the begining he see her just as a friend ..but as we can see changed..... in battlefield of pacifist too we can see that there's something between those two....
and even if her was not in the anime .. duo cleary of all the gundam pilots is the ladys lover
Old 2012-03-21, 15:03   Link #4018
Eeni

Quote:
please duo is not gay get over it.... maybe in the begining he see her just as a friend ..but as we can see changed..... in battlefield of pacifist too we can see that there's something between those two....
and even if her was not in the anime .. duo cleary of all the gundam pilots is the ladys lover
I never said he was gay, nor do I think that any of the pilots ever were. I just said that a relationship with Hilde never showed itself with either the series and now with the events in FT.

Old 2012-03-21, 16:24   Link #4019
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Duo is supposed to be American so he plays the stereotype of an on-again-off-again relationship guy perfectly :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:36   Link #4020
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Im talking about GoL, i mean, we don't know how hilde fell in love with him after he went to moon base, thus we never know how he started to like her, remember that when she was injured he freak out! and defeated a vayeate and mercurius with Trowa and Heero's AI.

And before trent find him with Zero, we saw only him living with her, but not how their relationship started, i mean maybe he saw hilde as a new chance to forget that he attracts death and destruction to everyone who likes him, and in FT when she died All of that "everyone stay back, im death incarnate, i attract only death and and destruction, leave me alone" returned.
Not exactly, considering they broke up well before her supposed death. But dude, that's GW for you. Everything is fast-forwarded, from character development to plot. You'll sooner see pigs fly than the writers delving further into romantic relationships. Squeezing the plot into 49 episodes was hard enough as it was. If you recall, it took Hilde about ten minutes to forget everything she previously believed and stood for and to help Duo, a total stranger who she had met for said ten minutes.
Though true, now we have a chance to see how exactly it developed (if it did). Still, considering the show's genre I doubt we'll get much. Perhaps a throwaway reference toward the end (series-EW) to tie it in with FT but really, don't get your hopes up too high. Seeing as they're already cutting a lot of scenes from the series, additional stuff like this is unlikely to be incorporated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
You know, everyone always said that because they lived together they were in love, but I never saw that... Hilde seemed to have a crush on Duo, but it didn't look like Duo cared. Every time they were portrayed together, Duo just seemed to be taking care of her, nothing more. Then FT portrays him as a douche towards her. Continues to live with her, runs off, incurs a debt, marries her and immediately runs off again. Are those really the actions of a man who loves a chick he's known since he was 15?
As far as the series goes, it's safe to say that they were close. Duo worries immensely about Hilde; she's all to willing to throw her life away for him which in turn drives him up a wall because he's the one supposed to risk his life and "suffer as much as he did", not Hilde. The battle with MD Vayeate and Mercurius proves that. Then there's also this little joke here:

Spoiler for family portrait?:

Add a couple of years to Duo and Hilde and you can pass this off as a family outing.

In all seriousness though, there's definitely something there. But whether they are just friends, lovers or dunno, something like siblings is up to every viewer to decide. Personally, I felt a lot of their scenes were rushed and forced but the general idea is that Hilde is Duo's "home to return to," as he himself says at the end of EW. So yeah, for all it's worth he loves her. In what way is up to everyone's preference.

Now, FT gives us some very odd developments concerning their characters and their relationship. I've said before that I'm not a fan of it since Duo got turned into a total douche for no reason, what with him marrying Hilde just because he wanted the joined assets to buy a motorbike. Likewise, Hilde agreeing to marry him just because he cuts the braid is stupid beyond belief. Hence, I'm disinclined to use it as an argument for the nature of their relationship in the series.

Quote:
Is that i want to know what hell he's doing there????
Not much, actually. He finished the incomplete Gundams, trained his little sister and now he's chilling with Trowa and Catherine on the Shorfok 2. Aaaand he's angsting about his sister being evil and stuff.
As for his family, he isn't married if that's what you want to know. Thanks to FT he decided to be all emo and to "neither love nor marry anyone" because he totally killed his mother and father and a crapload of soldiers. Taking the blame for everything, that's Quatre alright.
EDIT: As for the family business, Quatrine is treated as the heir now (hence the middle name which apparently only heirs have).

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-02-15 at 07:04.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing