AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 10:44   Link #40821
Eratas123

Just wondering, but has anyone here actually updated a fic? It seems like all we do is talk nowadays about concepts then move to the next one without even a chapter to show for it.

I'm kinda afraid of this sub-forum getting shut down because all we do is talk about mostly random stuff, sometimes even repeating the same thing a few hundred pages later. I've seen you guys do drafts, so why not just upload them on fanfic.net? There's really no point not doing so since it's not like it hurts you.
Old 2013-03-14, 10:50   Link #40822
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Eh, I'm sending a chapter two days ago to blitz, hopefully updating this week.

And at the same time, I'll post mirror-verse.

Jak and Stratos don't talk a lot these days, but they constantly updating anyway. Coupled with you, the most prolific writer here, that should be enough to keep the fic thread alive.

(believe me, I've seen emptier forum with no sight of thread lock, unless there's massive flamewar, there will be nothing concerning us like that)
Old 2013-03-14, 10:50   Link #40823
demino_hellsin
That one guy

actually eras this forum was originally made to have fics updated/published here, so it's not really skewing the rules. Some of us have been here a long time and ofcourse we don't always write about IS, we write about other stuff too. But we like it here and we want to keep this thread alive so we banter back and forth about concepts, possible future projects and such. But ramble as much as we like I'm sure real life issues are keeping us from being productive fic writers these days.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 10:57   Link #40824
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Though Eras had a point, I'll bring BTRR from Spacebattles, ambitious project of grand scale, with 200 thread for ITSELF, more than 10 main writer.

it halted after 65 post, roughly 0.5 million words, and not even 20% done. it was the tech debate that kill it.

Eras want us to do more and less talk, and it's a legit concern.
Old 2013-03-14, 11:09   Link #40825
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That concern is duly noted but I stick to my points

Speaking of points. I am currently failing a subject again. This is tedious and may affect my already horrid fic productivity even more. And yet I still haven't even begun refocusing on my thesis yet. My God...
Old 2013-03-14, 11:14   Link #40826
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I failed my first thesis proposal too.

Oh, and I decided to pull a Kojima, put an ST spoiler in the new fic. Wonder what's the reaction
Old 2013-03-14, 11:24   Link #40827
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Possible moment of awesome... Definitely moment of awesome.

Ugh... My FSN binge hasn't stopped yet. 26 pages and I'm still going strong. Wth chapter 1!
Old 2013-03-14, 11:56   Link #40828
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Done

T-T-T-THAT'S FOLKS
Old 2013-03-14, 12:03   Link #40829
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, so you're talking about Israeli or some backward military junta
To be fair, some country isn't big enough (or have enough people) to have proper well-manned army without conscripting people.

In that case, National Service in that case is created out of necessity rather than being backward. Admittedly, during peace time, National Service is mostly for training male citizen so that in time of real war, at the very least they know how to use a rifle.

Quote:
Note that Chinese had zero case of draft since revolution, despite government policy. The recruits are THAT superflous, and money is not infinite.
Because China is quite large and with that number of people around, it is difficult if not impossible track and hunt down every single one who evade the draft (which could easily mounted to millions).

=

Question which I did not ask for quite some time:

First person or third person narration?

What do you think?
Old 2013-03-14, 12:07   Link #40830
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I was talking the government didn't execute that policy actually because the regular army already deemed oversized to begin with.

Already answered for quite sometime: third person allows more consistent unbiased narration and detailed prose, while firs person gave character depth and varied.
Old 2013-03-14, 13:15   Link #40831
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Eh, I'm sending a chapter two days ago to blitz, hopefully updating this week.

And at the same time, I'll post mirror-verse.

Jak and Stratos don't talk a lot these days, but they constantly updating anyway. Coupled with you, the most prolific writer here, that should be enough to keep the fic thread alive.

(believe me, I've seen emptier forum with no sight of thread lock, unless there's massive flamewar, there will be nothing concerning us like that)
Still working on it...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 13:27   Link #40832
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Take your time my lord o' darkness

EDIT: Mirrorverse is unexpectedly popular

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-14 at 22:32.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:55   Link #40833
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Done

T-T-T-THAT'S FOLKS
Lets see..
GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER!

Good story so far.

---------------------

Edit: could you people show me some examples of evil laugh? Like what words could be more...threatening

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2013-03-15 at 01:21.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:27   Link #40834
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Just wondering, but has anyone here actually updated a fic?.
- SCREAMCURSERAGE HITDELETEBUTTON ON FAILED FIC YET AGAIN AS HE IS DESPERATELY CONSIDERING PUTTING A SHOTGUN TO HIS HEAD AND BLOWING HIS BRAINS OUT

Short answer: no.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 04:13   Link #40835
DarkJak2050

New one in the archive.

The Orimura Detective Agency
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:33   Link #40836
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Slow day... with little to no update.

(actually I got lots of ideas for my other fic..... just too lazy to type them in)

On the other hand....

I might had to change the male lead again... (for god know how many time).

This time:
Male lead is poor (Cyril is technically rich even though he is a cooperate drone). Jobs are hard to come by for him.

Also he is nameless and nobody call him by his name. (Taking advantage of first person narration to make him nameless.... you don't usually call yourself by own name in your mind).
A/n: This is to point out certain unfairness in society where female's right is protected and male's right is non-existent (... as if male doesn't exist or considered as human... what is the fastest way to de-humanize a person? By not giving/removing his name.)

Nice guy who get put down by girls a lot (AKA: being ordered around).... but since he is a guy and he is nice, so long as the request isn't too overboard, he is a gentleman.
A/n: Again.... good guys get crap from radical feminist even if they are just genuinely nice.

He got a certain Drone from a friend. However, Machine is more focus on rescue than combat.
A/n: I think we got enough space/combat machine. So... we probably need other type of machines too.

=
Third person narration for females and other characters because that how the Novel is like.

Ichika use first person narration while other characters use third person.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:47   Link #40837
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Unit name: Celeste, AKA Stigma

Designated pilot: Clarissa Harfouch

Owned by: ISRI, formerly Dunois company

History: a unit that had taken years and billions of euros to complete, a major mistep that no pilot ever wanted to pilot it. The unit originates from a special IS core that seemed to be bleeding a sort of liquid computer. The Dunois took the core and analyzed the liquid it secreted and found the matter to be a highly sophisticated DNA based quantum computer. They set out to integrate this new computer into a frame and found even more amazingly is that the liquid acted as a highly powerful capacitor that could store energies up to / in excess of 1000MW. It appeared to be a complimentary secretion of the IS core so as to expand itself. The added processing power and memory of the computer allowed for more sophisticated integrated frame systems with less stress on the pilot and larger size for equalizer library.

Description: the unit takes a resemblance of angels much like the older units but is much bulkier than any of the past designs. A large back unit is present which acts as a reservoir unit that connects to the IS core suspended in the liquid computer. The armor is generally thick as the frame was built to be huge. It resembles a full armored knight than it does an angel and is a design which goes against most of the French concept of design in weaponry. Instead of being light and agile, emphasis was given to brute strength and performance. Despite the bulk and awkward placement of boosters that would generate wing like trails in full burn, the unit is still quite fast. Thanks to the increased response and simultaneous nerve tracer provided by the liquid computer's vast processing ability. The heavy frame can be recalled and switched with a regular light frame that resembles the original rafael series as one would an equalizer but with a more spread out set of wing boosters, less shields and smaller gauntlet units. The reservoir shrinks and the liquid CPU is distributed to the parts of the smaller IS frame. In both versions of the Stigma, the pilot is clad in a full body suit that fills with the liquid CPU. In heavy frame, the liquid CPU could also be redirected to other parts of the frame for reinforced power output. This leaves the pilot suit to become skintight and revert to it's more cumbersome direct nerve trace.

Flaw: the liquid CPU is the highlight of the unit and was even hailed at some point as the key to beginning the 4th generation IS. however the current design rendered the unit unwanted. Seeing as how the pilot would be immersed in the Liquid CPU, the pilot had to be naked in the control suit. That was something nobody wanted.

Weapons:
-Lyon: burst shotgun. Also includes full auto firing mode. Pair.
-Grizzly: .65 submachine gun. Focuses more on stopping power. Pair.
-Noire Cast: .4 PDW sub machine guns. Close-in armor piercing rounds. Pair.
-Long Bow: .7 marksman rifle. Features incredibly long range for an assault rifle but still packs a scope and full auto feature in one. Pair.
-Ashen Ciel: 80mm semi-automatic grenade launchers. Pair.
-Solaris: .6 substratic rifle. Incredibly long ranged rifle.
-Muerte: 1.0 magnum revolver
-Sinistra et Dextra: .5 dual pistols
-Bandido: 14 inch combat knife.
-Grand Faust: 160mm cannon. Four. Can be hand carried can be linked to hard points.
-Hive Cluster: 8x 30mm cluster rockets. Each 30mm rocket carries 6x 12.5mm pen missiles. Four. Link to hardpoints only.
-Hrunting: 4x 60mm guided missiles. Named after the legendary sword that does not stop until it hits its target. Four. Links to hardpoints only.
-Cadena: 10mm chain gun. Pair. Handheld or linked to hardpoints.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-17 at 03:33.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:10   Link #40838
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

“Push harder, Ichika~” ‘Ichika’ cheered softly in encouragement on her partner’s effort, as his hand worked his way in the exercise. The body heat is almost contagious and she’s drenched in sweat herself, despite her only task is… not doing anything

Panting heavily to get a spare breath so he could talk, he muttered “Could you stay silent? My spine is not unbreakable you know, and if you don’t stop talking. Ugh… I’m on my limit-“

“I can tell by how much your hand is shaking, it’s very uncomfortable here”

“I did the hard work, whose bright idea is having you on top? This is twice as hard!” “Besides, this position is embarrassing”

“Quit complaining, I’m embarrassed too but did you want to do this with other girl?”

“…no way in hell”

“We’re almost there… there! C’mon, just a little more…. The last push!”

“What in the Mordor are you two doing?”

The voice boomed rough inside the gym, like a howl of a warrior arranged alongside screaming march of an infantry platoon. Such voice is a bad premonition for those two.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:30   Link #40839
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For some reason I imagined push-ups at the end of the first paragraph.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:32   Link #40840
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

it is

Female Ichika sit on top of male Ichika as training weight

as how Chifuyu borderline freaking out, the reason is a different context altogether.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest