AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-11-25, 19:05   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mostly true.. I tend to use the word "Navel" as an umbrella for the animation company and staff --- when truly we can blame Picture Magic and the SL Media Project for the trainwrecks of Shuffle! and SoulLink. OTOH, Navel isn't entirely blameless. I assume they have *some* input into which animation company they partner with. We have to wonder about their selection criteria. The Asa arc in the game Shuffle! contained the lame motivation and poor continuity we saw in the series - the game and the manga seems to show Navel put the focus of their effort into Kaede, Sia, and Nerine.
I may have used the word "Navel" but I've always been pretty specific about it being the anime script teams, senior writer, and director as the source of annoyance.

I'll try to remember to point the finger properly in the future. Perhaps if some of these animation companies *bomb* enough times, they'll start thinking a bit harder on how to adapt stories. ... Perhaps not ...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-25 at 19:16.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 20:45   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
OTOH, Navel isn't entirely blameless. I assume they have *some* input into which animation company they partner with. We have to wonder about their selection criteria.
Actually, the evidence would tend to support what andiyar was saying. For both Shuffle and Soul Link, the anime was part of a larger plan: PS2 adapation, anime, manga, character and music CDs, etc. etc. Kadakowa, InterChannel, and so on... it's not as if they're small-time no-name publishers. When a large publisher approaches you with a multi-million dollar marketing plan and all you have to do is take the cheque (and royalties from there on out), what are you supposed to do? I mean, they don't exactly have the clout or bankroll to fund it all themselves, and if they say no, it's not as if there are hundreds of other willing offers and unlimited time before the property goes cold. So, yeah... blame Navel for the game plots (and, incidentally, I agree with your point about Asa's ending in the game - wasn't one of my favourites either), but I doubt they could have done much of anything about the anime productions. In the very best of cases, they might have represented one voice around a large boardroom table.

Edit: And I should also add... even laying blanket blame on companies like Picture Magic for Soul Link's adaptation isn't perfect, as they were also co-producers on Lamune, which a lot of people thought was a good adaptation of the game storyline. So, if you're going to lay blame, you really have to go past the company level and down to the key staff involved (who aren't necessarily tied to a specific company), and even then you don't know all the circumstances... this is why I don't really like the blame game to begin with.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-11-25 at 21:23.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 03:46   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

True dat.... we may never know which specific writers were involved and which key supervisors okayed things. But as da corporate machine likes to say, "each employee is a representative of the corporation" (at least until they do something embarrassing).
Old 2006-12-06, 10:22   Link #84
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I can't wait for this remake ... the last one was obnoxious to a degree.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 11:14   Link #85
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

The air times for Shuffle Memories just got announced. Here's the article from Visual-Novels.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual-Novels.net
The sequel to Shuffle!, "Shuffle! Memories" got air times announced today. The first airings will be Sundays at 24:00 on Chiba TV starting January 7th, 2007. That is not a usual time for R-15 rated animes so I'm very curious about the story now.
Oh and if you go on to their site, can you PM mutio saying that I referred you. Thanks.
bobmarleypeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 14:34   Link #86
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post
The air times for Shuffle Memories just got announced. Here's the article from Visual-Novels.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual-Novels.net
The sequel to Shuffle!, "Shuffle! Memories" got air times announced today. The first airings will be Sundays at 24:00 on Chiba TV starting January 7th, 2007. That is not a usual time for R-15 rated animes so I'm very curious about the story now.
Incidentally, that "R-15" speculation is sort of funny, considering the show originally aired on WOWOW at 24:30. We can only wait and see, though.
Old 2006-12-08, 15:02   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My recollection is that anytime after midnight til dawn is a-ok for explicit themes in Japan.
Old 2006-12-09, 08:52   Link #88
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Good Lord. I feel as if someone ripped out my guts after finishing the last episode...

But, it's not from thinking that the last episode was crap (being a semi-Asa fan, and prolly my low standards...), it's more like all the hype that I heard from everyone else has finally worn off... uguu~

I guess I'll start lining up for this new(?) one then. And maybe grab a few recruitment leaflets from the Defense Force threads...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 23:56   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... the "new" series (remake/recut/rehash?) starts up in a week or so... I suppose someone ought to ask Xris or Catgirls whether they're going to continue the thread inside this forum (Older) or start a new one in Current.
Old 2007-01-01, 00:11   Link #90
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... the "new" series (remake/recut/rehash?) starts up in a week or so... I suppose someone ought to ask Xris or Catgirls whether they're going to continue the thread inside this forum (Older) or start a new one in Current.
Well, what normally happens in these situations is that they'll just move this whole forum back to the "Current Series" section when the time comes. I guess they'll probably wait and see whether it warrants new by-episode threads, but who knows.
Old 2007-01-01, 15:49   Link #91
gralph!?!

shuffle! memories

well, i am glad that this is being made, i loved the first series.

Last edited by gralph!?!; 2007-01-01 at 16:11. Reason: wrong part of the forums, sorry.
gralph!?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 14:05   Link #92
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

so the countdown begins... it will start jan. 7 .....will there be new threads for episode discussions?
im excited wat kind of POV is this story now.
Old 2007-01-04, 22:45   Link #93
Tabris

I was all geared up for this, but I've lost the internet at my home. Good timing since I have exams, bad because I can't download Shuffle!

Oh dear
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:56   Link #94
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Haha same wif me.But at least i got mine till Chinese New Yaer.I like to DL it just after it on the air.I don't mind wheter it got sub-tittle or not.At long as it is Shuffle!,I will definetely watch it.
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 03:19   Link #95
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Has a fansubbing company said that they plan to sub it yet?
bobmarleypeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 03:34   Link #96
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know that anyone has mentioned subbing it yet.. but there were 3 major groups subbing it last time (and lots of discussion about the various translation styles).... so I suspect at least one of them might take it up.
Old 2007-01-07, 10:02   Link #97
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
*Link Deleted*
It's begins

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2007-01-07 at 14:32. Reason: Thanks Omniscient for your screencaps + Summary :=)
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:24   Link #98
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
looks like they are reusing some of the original scenes...but wth? i see keade crying? O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:28   Link #99
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Judging from the screepcaps so far, episode 1 seems to be a recap of the series by re-introducing each of the characters. Hmmm... I wonder if episode 2 will have new footages.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 11:31   Link #100
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Judging from the screepcaps so far, episode 1 seems to be a recap of the series by re-introducing each of the characters. Hmmm... I wonder if episode 2 will have new footages.
So that means that Shuffle Memories is going to be a sequel ?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote