AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-11, 02:29   Link #41
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I don't read a lot of manga, but if you're looking for something hilarious, I'd recommend Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunso). It's about an advance team of frog-like aliens sent to scout out the Earth before their invasion fleet arrives, but they get captured by a girl and her brother and the invasion is called off, marooning them. Invading frogs that get hooked on building Gundam models and girls who beat the tar out of them when they don't do the housework--it's insane, but also very funny

This is Tokyopop's site, unfortunately only vol. 1 is out so far:

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...e=introduction
Old 2004-04-11, 05:12   Link #42
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

In not real specific order other than a loose progression of best to least best from 1 to 10:

1. Midori no Hibi

2. Black Cat

3. Pretty Face

4. Mahou Sensei Negima

5. Love Hina

6. Yakitate!! Japan

7. Kazan

8. Tsukihime

9. One Piece

10: Ranma 1/2
Old 2004-04-13, 12:20   Link #43
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Here's the top of my ladder!

1. Azumanga Daioh
2. Ranma 1/2
3. Love Hina
4. One Piece

Needless to say, I haven't read a lot of manga.

NOT recommended.

Pita-Ten
Old 2004-05-06, 16:09   Link #44
Sethi
StormRider

Nice thread to decide on new mangas to read, thanks to all of you who gave me the names of new mangas to read
By the way my Top 10 right now in no particular order is:

Air Gear - Oh! Great really deserves is name, Air Gear is just awesome. Me wants a pair of Air Treck
Tenjo Tenge - Another awesome by Oh! Great, the fighting as well as the story are a must.
20th Century Boys - This one can really mess a person head, Friend schemes are amazing, also i would prefer this one animated to monster.
Naruto - Manga about ninjas almost always cool and entertaining.
One Piece - Very original concept, Pirates rule, not to mention it's very funny and entertaning as well.
Bleach - Now this one has to be animated, Bleach is awesome with a damn original story a lot of comedy moments and some wicked fights.
Black Cat - Read above, i have pretty much the same tought's about this one as i do with Bleach.
Ichigo 100% - Nice romance manga with a lot of fanservice.
GANTZ - Brutal, real and original, what more does it need, the people in GANTZ act very much like reality.
Midori No Hibi - This one features the most weird relationship i saw ever, so wrong it's almost right.
Old 2004-05-06, 17:16   Link #45
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Nice thread to decide on new mangas to read, thanks to all of you who gave me the names of new mangas to read
By the way my Top 10 right now in no particular order is:

Air Gear - Oh! Great really deserves is name, Air Gear is just awesome. Me wants a pair of Air Treck
Tenjo Tenge - Another awesome by Oh! Great, the fighting as well as the story are a must.
20th Century Boys - This one can really mess a person head, Friend schemes are amazing, also i would prefer this one animated to monster.
Naruto - Manga about ninjas almost always cool and entertaining.
One Piece - Very original concept, Pirates rule, not to mention it's very funny and entertaning as well.
Bleach - Now this one has to be animated, Bleach is awesome with a damn original story a lot of comedy moments and some wicked fights.
Black Cat - Read above, i have pretty much the same tought's about this one as i do with Bleach.
Ichigo 100% - Nice romance manga with a lot of fanservice.
GANTZ - Brutal, real and original, what more does it need, the people in GANTZ act very much like reality.
Midori No Hibi - This one features the most weird relationship i saw ever, so wrong it's almost right.
I strongly strongly agree with 20th Century Boys. Bleach, Gantz, Black Cat, Naruto, and One Piece are also definitely worth checking out. I'd add Monster and Hunter X Hunter to the list, and Zombie Powder for that matter although it's short. The Fullmetal Alchemist manga is also good but the anime's a lot better.

I'm extremely excited about Monster animated, but I hope they wait to animate 20th Century Boys until it's finished
Old 2004-05-07, 02:29   Link #46
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

Midori no Hibi
Bleach
Naruto
Monster
Azumanga Daioh
Old 2004-05-07, 03:44   Link #47
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Here's my list...no specific order.

Peacemaker Kurogane - the anime in my opinion was pretty crap...all they had was good animation...but I assure you the manga is a different story.

Vagabond - this is the bomb. great action fabulous art...and i mean fabulous....i just don't know how this guy manages to draw like this. Well the story is based on a history novel about Miyamoto Musashi so i personally like it.

REAL - Great. Any of you who enjoyed Slam Dunk would love this. It is about handicapped people trying to fullfill their dreams and avoiding being discriminated. I think it's very touching.

Planetes - The art is not good...but the story is great. It isnt as nice as the anime but it's still one of the best.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Not as good as the anime.

Naruto - Was a great series until the 2nd saga ended...now, in my opinion, it is a very crappy series...but i'm hoping it would revive again.

One Piece - Also was a great series...but the recent Skypiea and the "Long" island thing....is just....not interesting.

Bleach - I personally think it is just an average series at the begining. But i was wrong, it started to get very interesting and exciting around Book 6-7.

Eyeshield 21 - Funny and great art.

Full Ahead Co-Co - This series is rejected by a lot of people because of its crap art and crap designs. I personally think it is a great series.

Well thats all the top ten manga that i love. Hunter X Hunter used to be the top but....the story got too boring when they entered the Greed Island arc. I think Gundam The ORIGIN is nice as well but if you've already seen the original Gundam it's not worth.
Old 2004-05-07, 11:50   Link #48
Jax

Send a message via AIM to Jax
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
HUNTER x HUNTER!!!!!!!! It's still going on now. A chapter comes out maybe every other week or each week. Very very good. You get easily hooked on the characters.
This man knows what he's talking about. You just can't not like it. As for other Manga: Love Hina is hella funny. Dragon Hunter is liscensed by Tokyopop but well worth the money. Full Metal Panic is also liscensed and also very good. But i emphisize it again HunterXHunter is the GREATEST!!!
Old 2004-05-07, 12:25   Link #49
ubb

I saw the cover for the first air gear volume and it's about...... rollerblading?
Old 2004-05-10, 05:43   Link #50
pbruiz

Maison Ikkoku
Bastard!!
Tenjo Tenge
Video Girl Ai
Marmalade Boy
Berserk
Kare Kano
Inuyasha
3x3 Eyes
I"s
Old 2004-05-10, 10:25   Link #51
eean

Well, I already see most of my suggestions (Planetes, Yakitate Japan) posted. One manga thats missing is Genshiken, a manga about a manga-anime-video-game college club ("Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture"). It has some fun characters, and for some reason there aren't that many mangas about college students, so thats another plus.

Also of note are the works by Azuma, Yotsubato and Azumanga Daioh. Good for their cute humor.
Old 2004-05-12, 12:47   Link #52
Integra_TypeR
Honda Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Integra_TypeR
love hina
magister magi negi
salad days
midori no hibi
fullmetal alchemist
ichigo 100%
slamdunk
girl saurus
evangelion
Old 2004-05-13, 13:16   Link #53
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
What do you guys think are the top ten best manga right now? I haven't had much of a chance to do manga lately and I'm just now starting to get into it again and I was wanting to find out some of the best ones to check out? I'm right now reading Naruto and Midori no Hibi and trying to get my hands on the Pita Ten manga to read if that gives you any clue to the kind of manga I like. Humorous or adventure anime are good, so is sci-fi. Enchii is not big on my list, but if it's in good taste I'm ok with that.

What would be the top 10 manga you'd suggest?
My personal favourites(NOT in order)

Bleach
Black cat
One piece
Naruto

DNA2
Devil&devil
King of bowling

I almost forgot

Shonen junai gumai
Hajime no Ippo
HUNTERXHUNTER
Old 2004-05-16, 00:57   Link #54
carolyng808

Here's my faves:

1. Legend of Basara
2. Kare Kano
3. Fruits Basket
4. Hana Kimi
5. Parfait Tic
6. Power!
7. Suki
8. Alice 19th
9. Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion
10. Azumanga Daioh
Old 2004-05-16, 09:52   Link #55
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Quote:
What do you guys think are the top ten best manga right now? I haven't had much of a chance to do manga lately and I'm just now starting to get into it again and I was wanting to find out some of the best ones to check out? I'm right now reading Naruto and Midori no Hibi and trying to get my hands on the Pita Ten manga to read if that gives you any clue to the kind of manga I like. Humorous or adventure anime are good, so is sci-fi. Enchii is not big on my list, but if it's in good taste I'm ok with that.

Etoh says: As librarian of Reading University Anime Society 2003, I can recommend the following:
1) Lady of Pharis vol. 2
2) Angel Sanctuary
3) Inu Yasha
4) Silent Mobius
5) Bastard!!
6) Warlands
7) Hellsing
8) Samurai Deeper Kyo
9) Fruits Basket
10) Personal recommendation: Azumanga Daioh
Old 2004-06-19, 20:54   Link #56
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Top ten in no specific order

1. Yotsubato
2. Gantz
3. Tenjo Tenge
4. Yakitate
5. Naruto
6. Hajime no Ippo
7. Maison Ikkoku
8. Ikkitousen
9. School Rumble
10. One Piece
10. Berserk
10. Majin hehe ok I'll stop now.

Actually one more. Chokotto Sister is a fairly new scanslation that I like. Slow story but beautiful art.
Old 2004-06-20, 05:10   Link #57
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
1. 20th Century Boys [Love it, love it, love it!]
2. Monster [Same as above; same author.]
3. Akira [Utterly phenomenal to behold.]
4. One Piece [Fun, fun, fun. And absolutely hysterical.]
5. Buddha [Brilliant in execution, by the godfather of anime and manga.]
6. Saiyuki [Entertaining action series with some very modern humor.]
7. Full Metal Alchemist [Wow. Funny one second, traumatizing the next.]
8. Azumanga Daioh [Incredibly cute and easy to read through.]
9. Yakitate Japan [Funny and odd.]
10. Hunter X Hunter [Great, great. Just read it. You'll see why.]
Old 2004-06-25, 07:32   Link #58
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
Current top ten series I'm following in no particular order although I am enjoying GantZ alot more than the others.

GantZ
Spoiler:

20th Century Boys
Berserk
Spoiler:

Death Note
Bleach
Yakitate!! Japan
Midori no Hibi
Naruto
Tenjou Tenge
PlanetES (also on my top ten anime series)
Old 2004-06-25, 09:13   Link #59
vio5555

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,

The best ten mangas right now would be imho:

1) Ichigo 100%
2) Open Sesame
3) Pastel
4) Midori no Hibi
5) Girls Saurus
6) Girls Bravo
7) Ah My Goddess
8) Gekkoh
9) Imouto Wa Shishunki
10) Inu Neko Jump

They're all shounen romance/ecchi which is my favorite genre.
STRAWBERRY PANTSU!!!!
Old 2004-06-25, 09:59   Link #60
Ri_
mangaworm

My top three are definitely:

-) 20th Century Boys
-) Monster
-) Blade of the Immortal

Otherwise:

Berserk
Maison Ikkoku
Subaru
One Piece
Happy!
HunterXHunter (although it's getting a bit dull where I'm reading now)
The Roses of Versailles
Domu
Closed Thread

Tags
top ten, manga