AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-08, 19:06   Link #141
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If she took the effort to come from the future, why not?
Old 2010-04-08, 21:17   Link #142
kitten320

-shrugs- I still think that she is not needed in that ending. Looks a bit too random for my taste. She even acts slightly differently.
Old 2010-04-08, 21:19   Link #143
Midonin
Last Engage

That's the spirit of music videos (or music video like endings.) This Mio inside the cake is no different from the half-naked ESPer man that Yoshino Nanjou carries in her duffel bag for reasons unknown to man.
Old 2010-04-08, 22:28   Link #144
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

It was a good episode but I wish they showed the concert and played that one song about strawberries. haha ^_^
Old 2010-04-09, 06:52   Link #145
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

When will these girls learn that those animal suits have the opposite effect?

The season has been set up well. Now to see where the show will take us in the pursuit of keeping the music club alive for Azusa.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2010-04-09, 09:37   Link #146
Bombo
TSF Fans

My mio is back again <3
well about this episode...not bad
Old 2010-04-09, 11:10   Link #147
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
When will these girls learn that those animal suits have the opposite effect?
I'd say Jun was right when she said the club could be seen as a bunch of weirdos hanging out together. They sure don't seem to do much effort to prove otherwise. It's as if they don't even understand that what they're doing only works against them. And you'd think Mio would get that more than anyone else, considering she's usually the most level-headed of them all, Azusa aside.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:10   Link #148
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Light and fluffy triumphs again... A nice lead in to the second season. The girls are excited to be seniors, but mildly concerned about their legacy and ability to support the next generation of club members, namely: Azusa. All come to the same conclusion... Let's just play and enjoy our time together and let the future handle itself. A very HTT decision.
Old 2010-04-09, 12:20   Link #149
James2705

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Spoiler much, ive seen it anyway >.>

i think it was good and cant wait until episode 2
Old 2010-04-09, 20:27   Link #150
OkamiNoKaze

Yay, K-On is back. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the animation quality had gone up, also I wasn't the only one to think of Chipmunks for the new opening song, though the animation for it was quite impressive, as well as Yui's playing at the beginning. I'm also glad to be starting this season with everyone else, since I started the first season after it was already through. and watched it in about a week and half. As far as the ending goes, pretty good song, It's not "Don't Say Lazy" though. The animation for it is interesting, I'm not sure why but had the sudden image of them, solving mysteries, like Josie and the Pussycats. Just like the first ending, I take these endings, as "Music Videos" that they make after they hit it big. Anyone else get that feeling?
Old 2010-04-10, 03:07   Link #151
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Yay, K-On is back. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the animation quality had gone up, also I wasn't the only one to think of Chipmunks for the new opening song, though the animation for it was quite impressive, as well as Yui's playing at the beginning. I'm also glad to be starting this season with everyone else, since I started the first season after it was already through. and watched it in about a week and half. As far as the ending goes, pretty good song, It's not "Don't Say Lazy" though. The animation for it is interesting, I'm not sure why but had the sudden image of them, solving mysteries, like Josie and the Pussycats. Just like the first ending, I take these endings, as "Music Videos" that they make after they hit it big. Anyone else get that feeling?
Hehe you got me at Josie & the Pussycats =D

And I agree, the ED didn't have the same impact as "Don't Say Lazy", but it was pretty enough imo.
Old 2010-04-10, 03:42   Link #152
Pachael
原作通り

Soft humming + Yui solo at start was great
Old 2010-04-10, 06:49   Link #153
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah K-on was back.

A bit disappointed with the ED through. Maybe because "Don't say Lazy" set the bar too high?
Then I bet it would be rated much higher if Mio wear another gothic lolita dress instead ^^
Old 2010-04-10, 07:13   Link #154
Ultra Violet
Not a color

The vocals in the OP is a bit creepy... but there's some animations in it that could be a great gif
Ending isn't that bad.... the opening scene was great... I'm actually excited for the second episode.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:39   Link #155
RedWing

OP was horrendous. ED was beautiful. Episode was as usual. Hopefully we will hear some new songs.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:29   Link #156
OkamiNoKaze

Hmm, it seems something about my statement, upset someone, I got a neg rep point. I was just stating my opinion on things, if you disagree, say so. Instead of anonymously giving negative points.
Old 2010-04-10, 14:19   Link #157
The_LaughingMan

I had just finished watching K-On! season one not long ago and I'm glad to already be able to see season 2. I felt that this episode was more of the same from season one, although this episode seemed to be lacking a main theme or focus that many of the first season ones had. I mean the whole get a new member problem resolved itself without much effort hehe. But I guess we're not watching this show for its complex, intriguing storyline

In terms of the OP and ED I have to admit that I kind of like them. At first the OP seemed wierd to me but after listening to it a few times I'm starting to enjoy it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. It was the same moe stuff that got me into the first season. I also noticed that the animation quality has changed a bit; it seems more clear and polished.

I am disapoint that Mio didn't get a lot of screen time so far, I hope she'll be a bigger part of the next episode...
Old 2010-04-10, 14:30   Link #158
yakumo-chan

am I the only one that feels kinda sad that Asuza will be left alone when the original four graduate???
Old 2010-04-10, 15:29   Link #159
Dr. Casey

It's okay, yakumo. She'll probably kill herself when the others graduate, so she won't need to go her Senior year alone after all.
Old 2010-04-10, 21:00   Link #160
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's okay, yakumo. She'll probably kill herself when the others graduate, so she won't need to go her Senior year alone after all.
Haha....

But I do believe that we're going to meet new faces in this season thought.