AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 01:44   Link #81
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Win7 ver was released last month.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 01:55   Link #82
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Win7 ver was released last month.
Damn. I didn't notice it, any idea where the Limited Edition would still be available?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 01:58   Link #83
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

No idea if there was an limited ed. The main webpage didn't mention it at all, unlike the xbox limited ed.
Old 2012-07-03, 02:01   Link #84
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Hmm you're right. Searched all the usual suspects and didn't get a bite.

Might continue to pre-order the PS3 version.

Old 2012-07-03, 02:42   Link #85
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Going to stop posting on the TE thread for now until there is something i can respond to without being a spoiler... Ep1 reviews are over-saturated.
Going to stop as well, especially since some can see eps a lot faster then me i don't want to be spoiled .
Old 2012-07-03, 04:28   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Question: Were the TSFs developed at a time way before the BETAs' first landing on Earth? I can't believe that these TSFs should be capable of fighting equally against a BETA because the technology appears to be too down-to-earth.

Also, have you considered the BETAs to be created too overpowered by the creators?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 04:34   Link #87
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Question: Were the TSFs developed at a time way before the BETAs' first landing on Earth? I can't believe that these TSFs should be capable of fighting equally against a BETA because the technology appears to be too down-to-earth.
Spoiler for Answer:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 04:43   Link #88
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So the TSFs were simply poorly equipped, even decades after the first landing.

Humanity is truly screwed, unless we get technology that can compare to Gurren Lagann's power.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-07-03, 05:10   Link #89
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
So the TSFs were simply poorly equipped, even decades after the first landing.
The TSFs are modeled (and named) after modern aircraft so you have sort of think of them exactly like airplanes in terms of development and how they evolve.

You have the original "First Generation" Tactical Surface Fighters deployed to fight the BETA. The original tactics saw TSFs employed as heavily armoured weapons platforms that were part of the defensive lines.

They relied upon their armour for survival but this thinking was inherently flawed with the constant shifting of battle lines and casualties mounted as TSFs were cut off due to low maneuverability and initially poor control systems.

The "Second Generation" like aircraft development took the lessons learned from the first generation and improved them. Improvements like avionics and similiar systems but also saw a change in tactics.

"Second Generation" TSFs focused on reducing the weight by using more modern composite armours and improved power to weight ratios with better engines. They were able to move faster and respond and are very successful.

Although the Third Generation units are appearing across the battlefields of Earth, the majority of those units still fighting are Second Generation machines that like real aircraft, are being continuously upgraded and retrofitted with more advanced technology as it becomes available.

Third Generation Units are the epitome of TSF development to that point. A major feature was the use of fibre optic cabling to reduce lag in controls unlike conventional Fly-By-Wire in use with the Second Generation and before. The Third Gen include but not limited to the fearsome F-22A Raptor which focuses on anti-TSF combat ability, the Euro F-2000 Typhoon acting as the sword that defends Europe, the Japanese Type-04 Shiranui the world's first Third Gen TSF and my favourite, the Type-00 Takemikazuchi used by the Imperial Guard.

Each country has their own tactics and outfits their TSFs accordingly. The US forces' TSFs only carry short blades as their CQB weapons as they loathe close combat against the BETA.

Europe is similar but their Typhoon is equipped with blades on it's forearms and the angular nature of it's armour could very well be used as a weapon.

Japan's forces adhering to their Samuari roots are quite proficient with the use of large blades in combat and are very much a part of the Japanese military doctrine. Even the UN Forces like A-01 famed Valkyries, particularly their Storm Vanguard unit.

My favourite weapon system has to be how the knives are deployed from the F-22A Raptor, damn I wish Kotobukiya would release a Raptor kit so I can mimic the pose in the Integral Arts...

Old 2012-07-03, 05:11   Link #90
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:

Also, have you considered the BETAs to be created too overpowered by the creators?
Spoiler for TSF development:
Old 2012-07-03, 05:37   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
if they had the right pilot...
That's the problem. Total Eclipse explores the scenario wherein the entirety of the world's armed forces are only increased in number through conscripting, and we all know how much conscripts contribute to the casualties in the Second World War due to insufficient training and little to no exposure to practical training. Of course, we can't just rely on "the right pilot" due to the sheer number of BETAs.

That makes me think that these BETAs are too powerful — or that the creator of the story wants to maximize the despair especially since

Spoiler for end of the series:

Old 2012-07-03, 05:48   Link #92
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
That's the problem. Total Eclipse explores the scenario wherein the entirety of the world's armed forces are only increased in number through conscripting, and we all know how much conscripts contribute to the casualties in the Second World War due to insufficient training and little to no exposure to practical training. Of course, we can't just rely on "the right pilot" due to the sheer number of BETAs.

That makes me think that these BETAs are too powerful — or that the creator of the story wants to maximize the despair especially since

Spoiler for end of the series:
Conscripts still won them the war... The survivors are instant veterans. Not sure if you got the point of mla, hope in despair..
Spoiler for mla aftermath:

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-03 at 05:58.
Old 2012-07-03, 06:06   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Not sure if you got the point of mla, hope in despair..
I get what Muv-Luv tries to say, but I was never a fan of series which dwell on "hope in despair" because I don't like to see characters who are constantly in despair. I hoped that the resistance were just as capable as a named character as some of the characters in Gundam 00, because there you'd see that the fight isn't that one-sided to begin with. This is just despair at gen Urobuchi levels.

Old 2012-07-03, 07:02   Link #94
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
I get what Muv-Luv tries to say, but I was never a fan of series which dwell on "hope in despair" because I don't like to see characters who are constantly in despair. I hoped that the resistance were just as capable as a named character as some of the characters in Gundam 00, because there you'd see that the fight isn't that one-sided to begin with. This is just despair at gen Urobuchi levels.
Fair enough, i guess its painful for you to empathize with characters who are constantly in dire status.

After all, in the Grim Darkness that is MuvLuvAlternative, there is only NOM NOM NOM!

Spoiler for tag:

At the very least, the Singularity object would have serve as an inspiration for the next batch of warriors, especially those that would have known him.
Spoiler for MLA:

I always saw MLA to be a gritty realistic mecha alternate world story. Unlike other mecha shows nowadays...
Old 2012-07-03, 07:27   Link #95
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ The closest dream for that is a more serious adaptation of Full Metal Panic!. And is that Rinne no Lagrange you're talking about?

Old 2012-07-03, 07:39   Link #96
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
^ The closest dream for that is a more serious adaptation of Full Metal Panic!. And is that Rinne no Lagrange you're talking about?
More like every single mecha show after Stellvia of the Universe and Blue Gender. FMP is still too super real for me.
Old 2012-07-03, 09:15   Link #97
gbatemper

Guys, I'm having trouble on GET RAPED BY BETA 2.0 on Haruko Maniax.
I'm on mission 3 on VERY EASY. Any tips?

Apparently in later missions you encounter upwards of 100+ BETA Units while you have under 20 TSF+Tank units.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 19:35   Link #98
Belgaesh

I think this image will go well here, but I don't know about it in the anime thread.

Spoiler for Muv-Luv Games Description:

P.S: It's only missing Muv-Luv Chronicles 3.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:05   Link #99
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just wanted to check, anyone here read the John Ringo Posleen War series?

Its like Starship troopers, with more war and machines. And its most like the situation in MLA as well. Again, humanity is almost at despair status, when human tech and ingenuity overcomes.
Old 2012-07-03, 21:13   Link #100
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Conscripts still won them the war... The survivors are instant veterans. Not sure if you got the point of mla, hope in despair..
Spoiler for mla aftermath:
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto