AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 02:28   Link #61
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That said, I'd be fine if this some kind of SOL. Pure iyashikei would be divine in my opinion, but this might turn into something else so... no expectations!
Considering Kyoani's strenghts, they should make some great iyashikei. Especially Yamada, her directing seems very appropriate for this, K-On!! managed to be very soothing at times.

Come on, girl working on a market, there is a chicken, setting will probably (hopefully) be something interesting. It gives me major iyashikei vibes.
At any rate, I'll be fine with whatever it is since it's Yamada directing an original show for Kyoani.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:43   Link #62
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok...now almost every Kyoani release it reminds me of either Mio or Azusa.
Old 2012-11-29, 05:28   Link #63
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I've grown quite allergic to those designs. But who knows, this might be interesting.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:30   Link #64
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Wow, an original series from KyoAni. I wonder how it'll work though since part of KyoAni's perfectionism is in its very detailed adaptation. Well it doesn't look like they're branching out anyway since this is still all within KyoAni's sweet spot so I'm sure it won't be anywhere as bad as Munto TV.
Old 2012-11-29, 10:58   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Btw since this thread already has the "WHY NO MOAR HARUHI" rants, it needs the "WHY NO MAOR FMP" rants. Then we can really call it a real Kyoani announcement thread . "WHY NO LITTLE BUSTERS" is like Duke Nukem though... the meme has now died because both actually got made .

Seriously though, at least for me, I've given up on Kyoani doing sequels within a reasonable time period
I've given up all hope on a third season of FMP by Kyoani a long time ago. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As for Haruhi, I'm sure they'll make more but it's clearly not on their priority list.
Old 2012-11-29, 11:40   Link #66
Warm Mist

I don't think this could be a disaster, Reiko Yoshida is a good writer. She worked for Aria and Tamayura and is currently composing the very nice GuP. She and Yamada should also know each other pretty well after doing two seasons and a movie of K-On!, including a lot of original content.

All I'm waiting for now is some animation footage, it should come soon enough since they don't have much time until air.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:15   Link #67
tsunade666

In the preview the girl awfully reminds me of Mio and its a good one for character designs but story wise. I hope for more substance but if not then it will be a good past time anime to watch if there isn't anymore to watch or do.

Production wise. I hope for better.
Old 2012-11-30, 07:16   Link #68
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Story from Animax:

At a certain shopping district in a town, you'll find a rice cake shop owner's daughter, Tamako, a loveable first year student in high school pressing rice cakes. Tamako spends her time enjoying the badminton club with her friends Midori and Kanna at school and developing new rice cakes as well as helping the shop at home.

On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochizou. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochizou and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochizou has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochizou and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.

Tamako loves the other shopkeepers like they were her own family. She surrounds herself with a lot of people. Everyday is busy for the district, but the busiest time of the year is the end of the year. Oddly though, Tamako's birthday is New Years's Eve. Every year, the entire shopping district holds an event to congratulate her. The timing is awful for Mochizou, who wanted to give her a present up until now.

Mochizou is suddenly in high spirits. "This year I'll definitely do it!"
-At the same time that dazzling bird (cockatoo) suddenly appears in the shopping district. The shopping district is getting busier and busier for Tamako and pals. A different year than normal is about to begin.

Source (Thanks Ikari Gendo for pointing this out to me)

Edit: summary has been pulled from Animax's site. Yaraon and otaku.com have confirmation it was up.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-09 at 12:15.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:31   Link #69
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised by a solid plotline. I didn't want to assume from the just two pictures from the official site but they did gave off a K-On!-type story to me. Glad I didn't make that assumption.

With how well they made a lively school festival in Hyouka, I'm looking forward to what their busy shopping district is going to be.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:33   Link #70
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

That story sounds pretty shoujo-like, which is a surprise. At the same time, it also sounds like it has the potential for a huge supporting cast and very energetic scenes, which is really exciting! I hope KyoAni makes the town feel populated, homely, and lived-in.

Ahhh, I can't wait. Well, that's not completely true, since I have Chuunibyou in the meanwhile .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:37   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

So more Hanasaku Iroha than K-ON!. A part of me is mildly disappointed, but it's still KyoAni atmospheric stuff, so I'll end up watching it anyway. Just not commenting on it as much as I would've.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:12   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Story sounds good. Didn't expect it to have such a strong focus on romance, especially not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.
Yuri romance?! That kind of love triangle could be very interesting.
Old 2012-11-30, 10:25   Link #73
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Animax's summary is back up, but they also added their January schedule. Tamako Market premieres on Animax on January 30 (Wednesday) at 22:00 and re-airs at 27:00 that night. This is different from Chuunibyou, which airs at 22:00 on Thursdays.

To clarify, this does not mean it is the first airing (that's Tokyo MX as listed on the site), but it's when Animax will start airing it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:52   Link #74
leokiko

I'm honestly surprised here O.O
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:04   Link #75
Peanutbutter

May this be another Working!?

Since it's Kyoani, this show is automatically in. Lots of shows next season.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:21   Link #76
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That little bit in Animax's synopsis (when compared to ANN's) sure puts a different spin on things. So her friend is ALSO in love with Tamako? Yuri and Hetero, in my Kyo-Ani?
Old 2012-11-30, 11:30   Link #77
tsunade666

Love story? I didn't expect that.

Is Midori a girl or a boy? though it sounded like a girl. Yuri? win win win!?

Are there character designs yet?
Old 2012-11-30, 11:36   Link #78
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.
I'm sold.

Quote:
Mochikura is suddenly in high spirits. "This year I'll definitely do it!"
Good luck dude. Any guy who likes cute girls with pigtails is my bro.
Old 2012-11-30, 11:40   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sounds okay, I guess. Dropping it the minute they throw in something unnecessary like a culture festival.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-11-30 at 15:45.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 11:53   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sounds okay, I guess. Dropping it the minute they throw in something unnecessary like a culture festival.
I might enjoy a culture festival for this show, now that I think about it . I think a culture festival with this premise has the potential to be interesting because it seems like storetenders at the shopping district might be characters (even if they're just side characters). A culture festival with an increased focus on visitors instead of students sounds like it could be fun.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen