AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 08:12   Link #101
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 16 - 99% Power of Love

Kinda nice to have an episode that focuses on a side character, and not just any side character, but Mikeman Seki himself. I thought Saki might be Haruka in disguise, but it turns out she's just an ordinary person. The problem is simply that Seki came on too hard at the end there. Hijacking Kakeru's victory to turn it into his own confession isn't going to be something that always works, even in fiction. But if the end of the episode is any indication, he's already got another girl coming his way.

The series is entering a bit of an episodic spot right now, but I'll see what they do with these episodes. Next week looks kind of interesting, with a new girl joining Kakeru's class and an impending deathmatch. Take notes, Kakeru. The course of love never did run smooth. Especially when frogs are involved.

The OP has been slightly updated, with a single shot of Dolphine in the montage near the end. Looks cool.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 08:28   Link #102
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 17 - Enetan's Revenge

Nice little one off story this week, focusing on the class rep Rikako, and Kakeru's attempts at returning a large pair of underthings that, it turns out, belong to her dad... who's a pro wrestler. It's been a while since Kakeru's love of wrestling was this prominent. Good to see the writers keeping things constant. As the show pulls into its second cour, some of the enemy Gyrozetters are getting to be on the odd side. This week's features an army of frogs, and next week appears to have some sort of gopher. These must be the ones for the really small cars.

A friend of mine did bring up a good point - we know that Kakeru and friends can transform because the magical rock says they can, but what's allowing Xenon to be able to turn their cars into Gyrozetters? All signs point to genetic engineering, but "another rock" would also be a mostly acceptable answer.
Old 2013-01-31, 02:59   Link #103
chupiler

Didn't notice there was a thread for this show! I really think it's underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Gyrozetter 17 - Enetan's Revenge
This week's features an army of frogs, and next week appears to have some sort of gopher. These must be the ones for the really small cars.
Looks like they're capybaras, and the car it's based off of it a Mitsubishi ek Wagon. I enjoyed the March vs March matchup (Nissan March vs Cure March) :P Though that probably wasn't the intention. Toma's such a great character, and he sure must love that ramen joint, but the prices on the menu are 2-2.5 the average price of ramen! It's no wonder his underlings weren't eating off their own paychecks

Looking forward to the next ep, since last episode, having a similar theme, was so good. Also Valentine's Day means the operators will get a good amount of air time!

Oh, and not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know what's up with Zero Raws 'releases? It stopped last week, and I can't find any other raws...

This ep, last ep... This anime sure has a good amount of them scornful eyes. So good...
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 04:25   Link #104
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
by the way, any news on how the toys sold well? & compare it with Bandai's other toy brands?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 01:56   Link #105
chupiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
by the way, any news on how the toys sold well? & compare it with Bandai's other toy brands?
I don't have any solid data to say anything, but I hear the quality of the toys are very low. Poor painting, half-ass transforming, etc... I'm thinking the card game is the main seller here. Now if only Alter came out with a Rinne figure...
Old 2013-02-05, 08:26   Link #106
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 18 - Love, Dentists and Chocolate

A Valentine's Day episode with giant robots can only lead to one thing. Hijinks. So many hijinks. I like how they followed up on Mikeman Seki's last episode, with him flirting with the new newscaster. Most of the episode was Kakeru trying to get some of that sweet cocoa for himself, at the expense of anything else. The scene with Haruka and Shunsuke was too cute, even if it was taking place while they were controlling a car knight and a capybara. I thought it was a gopher at first, but apparently my skills at animal-discerning aren't up to par with this show. At least they're both rodents. It's less embarrassing than mistaking Anubis for a kangaroo. It was a sweet little one-off, and funny, too.

The ED changed. Dolphine is now among the five, and the dancing itself has changed too. Seeing Kong Loader strike that pose at the end wasn't what I thought I'd see, but it was hilarious. I noticed among the toyline that there were plans to release a Panda Gyrozetter, while main characters like Rinne and Satori only get mini releases. But at least next week, I'll have some context for the panda.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:30   Link #107
chupiler

Man, this week's ep was despairingly awesome!

Looks like Yuika and Rekka are going out. If you look closely, you see them here and there together throughout the episode (also, is it me, or was the Chie and Yosuke from Persona there in the background too?). The dead heat between Kakeru and Shunsuke was overly cool, and despite how stupid the topic of the argument was, Shunsuke's line about what teeth are for is one to remember.

Haruka sure started to sound like Inami from Working! there. I was wondering why she had such a big chocolate box, but when she gave it to Shunsuke, it all made sense.
Old 2013-02-12, 08:21   Link #108
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 19 - Agent P

In kids' shows, there's often going to be an episode about the real heroes. Policemen, firemen and hospital workers, and this episode introduces all three with new merchandi- Gyrozetters, as well as a way for them to bypass the whole "chosen driver" thing. It means our heroes themselves don't get to do much, but I can make an allowance for a giant panda/police car robot. Touma's new tiger was pretty cool for its one appearance, too. Leaving behind the trailer for Haruka to steal it was a bit of a dumb move, but fighting with it wouldn't have been very smart either. Kakeru helping out a kid by giving him a birds' eye view was also thoughtful, but be careful when dangling humans several feet off the ground. Kakeru better have good motor control.

But the thing I most took from this episode? The Arcadia City Panda Dancers. That bear got a lucky reception. That was a short scene, but it stood out. This episode ended up having a lot more to it than I was expecting, though some of the merchandise ploys were a little on the obvious side. Next week looks like a Michi episode.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:16   Link #109
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 20 - It's On Like Donkey Kong

A Michi episode, haven't had one of those in a while. I can't say that Kakeru and Michi are any better as a comedy group than GoPrecure, but they're better than Jake and Elwood at least. Being a comedy episode (in the most literal sense), a lot of bad puns to go around this week. Again, manzai is one of those things that's fascinating, or at least regular, if one lives in Japan, but to an outsider, it must come across as more than a little odd. I found the episode enjoyable, and a large part of it has to do with that shot of Satori, Rinne and Shunsuke looking bored at the start. Speaking of Shunsuke, next week looks to be an episode focused on him.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:20   Link #110
chupiler

The basic manzai setup isn't completely unfamiliar in the western world though. Abbot and Costello comes to mind.

Still, kinda surprising that Michi is the 2nd member to awaken, even though he was 4th to join. And boy, Arcadia sure needs to beef up their security!

I really think they need a Satori ep now. I think she has potential, but so far she's been nothing but useless. Even Zenon doesn't regard her as a problem.

It's hard to believe Haruka's 14. She looks so good in that suit.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I tell you, I can't get enough of Rinne's scornful eyes.
Images

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-27 at 17:23. Reason: placed images inside images tags
Old 2013-02-26, 08:14   Link #111
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 21 - A Demon on Wheels

This was the most Speed Racer-y thing I've seen in a while. There was still plenty of Gyrozetter action (and more than a cameo from Masahiko Kondo), but most of the episode had the cars spent as actual cars. Also, camels and bad Mexican stereotypes. The relationship between Kakeru and Shunsuke got brought to the front again, and I did like seeing Shunsuke steak Kakeru's catchphrase at the end. Now, about that fight scene. GT-R goes from swords to a new pair of twin guns that can combine into a crossbow (and are highly merchandisable no doubt), but that fight scene was... exciting. The camera angles, and the fluid motion, that weird otherscape that's used for fighting in the opening, it was all there. Not completely sure where the show is trying to go in its second half, but that should come to light soon enough. Next week - Satori episode! It's been a while since one of those.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:58   Link #112
chupiler

Quote:
Gyrozetter 21 - A Demon on Wheels
Next week - Satori episode! It's been a while since one of those.
There was one!? Heck, her introduction episode was pretty much a Haruka episode. I laughed at the preview though, as I think everyone has already labeled her as an airhead clumsy glasses-girl. Still, definitely can't wait for next week. I liked the very shonen-esque hot-blooded episode this week (loved Shunsuke's Final Burst), but I'm lacking in my dosage of Rinne-chan.

Match-san seemed to have gotten better at acting since his last appearance.

And, my obligatory race queen screenshot.
Images
No, panning shot of Kirari-chan, though...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-27 at 17:23. Reason: Placed image in images tag
Old 2013-03-05, 10:39   Link #113
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 22 - Anubia ~Flower on the Tree of Hope

For a Satori episode, at least half of it seemed to be about Rui. Not that I mind. Ms. Akana is immensely popular on pixiv, for... various reasons. Seeing how she operates was as important as getting more on Satori. The start of the episode was more than a little weird, with a human sized Anubia following Satori and Rui guest starring as Cleopatra. (Also, she's not just a race queen. She's a real driver. Rui rocks.) I knew what was coming with the makeup thing (Satori made herself look like a clown), and for most of the episode, she seemed to be a less proactive Reika from Smile. Though all of this was building up to something. Not everyone gets upgrades like Dolphine, but Satori's new Gosei Ultimate-esque finisher was kind of sweet. So far, halfway through, and the status quo has remained in a decent place... until next week when Eraser Army appears. Having a show like this to follow always provides a good balance to the other stuff I watch on Tuesdays.
Old 2013-03-05, 15:55   Link #114
chupiler

Disappointed this episode. I really wanted a pure Satori episode, as frankly, her existence has been pointless up to this point. At the very least, she should've dressed up as a race queen. Still, while I didn't expect her to become self-reliant all of a sudden, I felt her reason to awaken was weak. Plus, there just wasn't enough substance to back up her looking up to Akana Sensei; it was too sudden. She should've showed interest in Sensei in previous episodes.

Also, the composition was pretty poor IMO. Satori's reaction to her own makeup didn't make much sense, since she was originally putting on make up in front of a mirror. A lot of teleporting too... Satori's instant warp to the battlegrounds, Rui's forklift warping...

I wonder though, if this is this will be the last time Satori has a spot in the limelight. Ever since her first appearance, she has never shined, esp. in battle. Maybe she'd do better in team battles, which I have noticed are pretty rare in this anime.

This ep's service shots. They made up for not having a Kirari-chan pan last week.
Images

Last edited by chupiler; 2013-03-13 at 15:22. Reason: Hid the images
Old 2013-03-12, 07:21   Link #115
Midonin
Last Engage

Really need to do something about those large images. They're stretching the screen.

Gyrozetter 23 - No Small Parts, Only Small Actors

For an episode titled all about the Eraser Troops, they didn't appear until well into the episode. Most of it was spent on Kakeru's parents. Which isn't a bad thing. A show that has a large and developed supporting cast will have an edge over one without. Nanako continues to be ultra-understanding and calm, but even she was kinda suspicious about that love letter at the end. The Eraser troops do show that Zenon is willing to move ahead and use their technology on other people now, making them look a little more evil, though these three are less competent as a whole than Haruka and Touma individually. Easy enough that Raibird can deal with all of them - and it looks like Dolphine will do the same next week. Satori got a slightly more major role here, but she's really not doing all that much. Her interest in the occult and fortunes is consistent, though.
Old 2013-03-13, 15:21   Link #116
chupiler

Quote:
Really need to do something about those large images. They're stretching the screen.
Sorry, I'll hide any images from now on.

Man, this show really doesn't want kids to watch, despite being a kids show! All this talk of cheating... I was surprised that Nanako pouted over the "love letter". I assumed she would be the type to apply pressure through a smile. Not to say that she wasn't cute.

The Eraser team was... less powerful than I expected. Looking at the preview, they've become (sub)regulars. Wonder how that's going to affect the airtime of the other Xenon members.

Then there was Seki. Ohhhh, Seki. Martine turns out to be much more "black" inside then I first thought. I can't help but suspect she might be a spy for Xenon, but that may be reading into things too much for a kid's show.

Still, Shunsuke has been completely erased from this ep. He only had a few lines last time, too. I think this show needs to show everyone at once a little more often. Right now it's like a turn-based system.

Next week: Rinne-chan ep! I'm pretty sure we'll get to see her FB finally.
Old 2013-03-19, 07:28   Link #117
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 24 - The Gyrozetter Icecapades

Glad to see the Eraser storyline, which looks to be the main narrative thrust of the show, moving along. Satori's still not doing a whole lot on her own, rather being the person to push along other peoples' stories. In this case, Rinne. The relationship between her and her brother was central here, as well as a battle between Zenon's version of the Gyro Arc and the real thing. It didn't last very long, but it can be repaired, and may very well make a return. I know this week's enemy Gyrozetters are based on something - I've seen that giant horn before - but I can't place what kind of animal it is, exactly. Rinne got her Final Wa-, er Final Burst. Not quite as dynamic as the ones before it, but turning the ocean (a small portion of it) to ice and using the energy rings as water discs was pretty wicked. I see a time to come in the near future when all five Final Bursts will have to be used to stop something troublesome. Like the return of Eraser-01 to the field next week.
Old 2013-03-19, 21:13   Link #118
DangerMouse

Excellent job with the images chupiler

I need to catch up on the last couple of eps over one of these weekends.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 07:27   Link #119
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 25 - Get Off My Plane

Two Gyro Ark episodes in a row, though this one is clearly taking place in a different time frame from the last one. Also, there is a bomb involved. Satori looked like she was going to get a moment in the spotlight... but it didn't amount to much. The Ark (one of the two) was safely landed and nobody got hurt or blown up... but the episode did move along some plotlines. Shunsuke suspects that someone might be a spy, and also lost his own Engine. The villains have finally succeeded in getting what they want. From the preview for next episode, it looks like he might be upgrading, so this loss isn't as big as it seems, but Xenon has new technology now. Things will likely only get tougher from here on out. The atmosphere was nice and tense this week.
Old 2013-03-26, 09:40   Link #120
stagrider

Next week upgrade and Gattai!
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-1, square_enix