AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-15, 09:47   Link #21981
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It wasn't a serious statement...

I don't know how familiar you are with the Sarin gas terrorist attack,
but I'm willing to turn a blind eye to some barbaric sharia "eye for an eye" punishment in their case.
I'm obviously more than familiar. I just don't see the point in specifically using the gas chamber (since a new one would need to be built) short of putting the condemned into the ones used to kill dogs in pounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
You have never heard of Unit 731, have you? Not only they did that, they did something even worse.
And how is that related to judicial execution, particularly in post-war Japan? People should stop bringing up unrelated historical red herrings, really. It's tiresome, annoying, and distracting from the topic.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:51   Link #21982
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

President Fernandez Demands Falklands Talks:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18453372

I just hope this whole thing blows over as soon as possible. It's ridiculous as hell. On the other hand, it did get me interested in the Falkland War which I previously knew nothing about...
Old 2012-06-15, 09:51   Link #21983
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And how is that related to judicial execution, particularly in post-war Japan? People should stop bringing up unrelated historical red herrings, really. It's tiresome, annoying, and distracting from the topic.
Read your own statement.

Quote:
I don't think Japan ever used the gas chamber for human executions.
That is totally false. That's all I am saying here.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:53   Link #21984
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I just hope this whole thing blows over as soon as possible. It's ridiculous as hell. On the other hand, it did get me interested in the Falkland War which I previously knew nothing about...
So she's basically saying "F**K YOU" to the referendum to be held next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Read your own statement.

That is totally false. That's all I am saying here.
You're giving Ishii a lot of credit for considering cold-blooded murder as an "execution". Really, so just about any killing is now an execution?
Old 2012-06-15, 10:11   Link #21985
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I think President Fernandez just better give up. She using the Falklands as an excuse to boost her popularity after falling to get support to tax rich farmers in the past. Despite her talk of saying the Falkland Islands(or Islas Malvinas to some) belong to Argentina, she has never considers the opinions of the people who lived on the islands. The people of the Falkland Islands prefer to be under the UK government and most of them don't like Fernandez due to her aggressive talks of wanting the islands and ignoring their opinions like they don't exist. In fact, in that article, her staff ignore two Falkland Islands legislators who wanted to have talk with her about the islands.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:59   Link #21986
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
It is self-evidently Sharia-inspired

Usually I would immediately stomp this kind of remarks with ironic snarks, but ignorance can certainly be innocent.

People often confuse the entire concept with sharia with "hudduud" a part of it that has been quite frequently ignored by muslims. "Hudduud" is what people typically thinks of Sharia. That is, hand amputation for stealing, killing a murderer, that kind of stuff, since the proponents of it has been the loudest among muslims for the last 100 years. In reality, as I said this part has been often ignored, or at least re-interpreted, to suit the needs and interests in times and places. Islam wouldn't have spread far and wide otherwise.

Sharia actually means "guide to live", including in judicial matters, and it operates on the same basis of `precedent` that Common Law does. Well it is pretty much common law, and the western common law owes a bit from its influence. Therefore, it's actually not at all impossible to reconcile it with civil secularism, which was what the Ottomans, the last Caliphate, attempted, and succeeded at. If not for the empire's violent and tragic demise, it would've sticked and emulated by the rest of muslim world.
Out of curiousty, educate me, which part is incorrect?
That "eye for an eye" punishment is part of sharia law, or eye for an eye is barbaric, or eye for an eye is not literally eye for an eye?
Whatever the case is, I'm refering to the "eye for an eye" mentioned in wiki as "In some countries that use Islamic law (sharia), the "eye for an eye" rule is applied quite literally"

It was a JOKE anyways, and works just fine with or without the "sharia" word in front of it.
If someone makes fun of "kamikaze" or "seppuku", in context of kidding, I wouldn't make an lengthy explaining on inaccuracy of its useage... that'd just kill the humor.
No intention for insults, simply catered to the stereotype in favor for humor. Apologies.
But I'm curious in what manner the statement was inaccurate, for my own future reference.

Quote:
I'm obviously more than familiar. I just don't see the point in specifically using the gas chamber (since a new one would need to be built) short of putting the condemned into the ones used to kill dogs in pounds.
*bangs head*
Of course it's not practical.... IT'S A JOKE!
AN ATTEMPT AT MAKING LIGHT OF THE SITU... er, forget it. I'm just gonna give it up.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-06-15 at 13:32. Reason: forgot "literally" otherwise doens't make sense
Old 2012-06-15, 14:14   Link #21987
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Because real 12 yr olds are a hormone-raging crazy moody person of terror and chaos. The law is for your protection
Nah, more like their parents' protection and mitigation of parenting responsibility from them to the state.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:03   Link #21988
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No it has been pretty much determined by teachers for at least the last 40 years that between the ages of 11 and 14, most males and females are classified as "inhuman" due to their massive hormonal changes and their thought process going between being and adult and being a child.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:08   Link #21989
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No it has been pretty much determined by teachers for at least the last 40 years that between the ages of 11 and 14, most males and females are classified as "inhuman" due to their massive hormonal changes and their thought process going between being and adult and being a child.
I suggest passing legislation so that said hormonal changes are delayed until the age of 50 when said individuals have the maturity to cope with the changes (hey, it works for turtles).
Old 2012-06-15, 15:11   Link #21990
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would require some serious biochemical advancement.

But...Toys-R-Us kid until 50....
Old 2012-06-15, 17:06   Link #21991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah, more like their parents' protection and mitigation of parenting responsibility from them to the state.
You've never worked with junior high teens in academic or camp settings ... have you?

Basically what Ithekro says... boiling vats of hormonal mood swings and behavior that in an adult would be clinical insanity coupled with lack of experience in social interaction.
Old 2012-06-15, 18:01   Link #21992
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
*bangs head*
Of course it's not practical.... IT'S A JOKE!
AN ATTEMPT AT MAKING LIGHT OF THE SITU... er, forget it. I'm just gonna give it up.
I tend to be too serious at times
Old 2012-06-15, 18:29   Link #21993
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I tend to be too serious at times
I've NOTICED!

I do like the idea of using dog pound chambers for these monsters though.
Old 2012-06-15, 18:32   Link #21994
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I do like the idea of using dog pound chambers for these monsters though.
Now THAT'S inhuman torture
Old 2012-06-15, 18:46   Link #21995
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Because real 12 yr olds are a hormone-raging crazy moody person of terror and chaos. The law is for your protection
Quote:
You've never worked with junior high teens in academic or camp settings ... have you?

Basically what Ithekro says... boiling vats of hormonal mood swings and behavior that in an adult would be clinical insanity coupled with lack of experience in social interaction.
Oh, btw, that reminds me... and this would be OT here, since it really belongs in Sily/Odd news thread,
Some 16 years old girl in China (with absolutely georgeous body if I may add) got arrested for allegedly raping her grandfather over and over since the age of 12.

Raging hormones!
Old 2012-06-15, 19:31   Link #21996
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
No, I haven't.

Quote:
Because of irresponsible parenting promoted by laws that constantly increases the apparent age of adulthood.

On other news... Sweden... my favourite centre back, best underground music, large state, high taxes, and courts don't degrade children rights to ink on paper

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-06-15 at 20:25. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 2012-06-15, 20:44   Link #21997
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Some 16 years old girl in China (with absolutely georgeous body if I may add) got arrested for allegedly raping her grandfather over and over since the age of 12.
When her mother asked why she did it she answered "Why not? you banged my father, why shouldn't I bang yours"
Old 2012-06-15, 21:31   Link #21998
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have the same reaction to this story as I did to the scene in
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-15, 21:40   Link #21999
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

That might interest some:
Voyager space probe reaches edge of solar system
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85E0VU20120615
Old 2012-06-15, 22:52   Link #22000
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Oh, btw, that reminds me... and this would be OT here, since it really belongs in Sily/Odd news thread,

Raging hormones!
She's got some weird armpits.

Endless "Truth is stranger than fiction" Soul
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international