Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Spoiler for Episode 20:
Spoiler:
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 07:35   Link #1022
Fishbait

Hmmm....I got say, the only memorable part of this episode was the Yaya-Hikaru practicing part.

Made me go =[

At the end....I didnt really feel much from the Tamao thing for some reason....she's definitely a true friend and cares a great deal for Nagisa but for some reason her actions and words aren't leaving an impression on me somehow
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 10:23   Link #1023
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=155

In case you haven't heard, there's a online polling contest in Japan called the Anime Saimoe Tournament (Most "moe" tournament) 2006, to decide who's the most moe.

Three Strawberry Panic girls feature today, Chikaru, Kagome and Tsubomi. And the draw has been cruel to StoPani girls, today at least one from Chikaru or Kagome must get voted out, or both if they lose to ToHeart2's Lucy. (TH2 despite being a crap anime, manages to have a large fanbase in Japan thanks to the game it was based on, much bigger than StoPani's. )

If you're interested, go to the thread link above and follow Arimfe's instruction in the first page of the thread. As yuri fanatics, the least you guys could do is at least ensure the StoPani girls not lose too badly.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 19:09   Link #1024
Mii`ne

I'm only on episode 19. >u<
Mii`ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 19:30   Link #1025
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After the emotional journey through episode 18 & 19, 20 was a good episode to remind me just how fun this series can be. Was a great act from the five younger characters.. especially Kagome - i knew from seeing her the first time that she was something special.. but being able to see Nagisa's true feelings, she's something.

Its already been said a few times about just how cute Tamao was in this episode, and i have to agree. She was on true form for recovering Nagisa.. and her lil' story was also so god damn cute. Its true that Tamao is one hell of a strange character.. but no one wanting to be her room-mate.. that just melted my heart. ;_;

As for Shizuma, well i knew it was going to be like this.. and i'm not going to blame her at all. Love is one of those things we can't do without, Shizuma already knows that.. but she is one that shall never move on. I'm not to sure whats gonna happen in the next six episodes, but its gotta be something big to sort Shizuma back to her original self. & Kaori in the preview for next episode does get me thinknig a lil' bit.

& yes, seeing Kaori again in the preview made my heart break yet again.. so upsetting. ;_;
Old 2006-08-17, 20:24   Link #1026
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Its already been said a few times about just how cute Tamao was in this episode, and i have to agree. She was on true form for recovering Nagisa.. and her lil' story was also so god damn cute. Its true that Tamao is one hell of a strange character.. but no one wanting to be her room-mate.. that just melted my heart. ;_;
Possibly, if Kaori hadn't had her medical problem, she would have been Tamao's room-mate.

I had been wondering who was Tamao's room-mate before Nagisa came to Miator and why did she leave from her. Firstly I guessed it was Kaori. Shizuma said if Kaori had been alive, she would have been the same age as Nagisa. Also, Miyuki said Kaori entered Miator as a first-year student three years ago. These means that Tamao and Kaori were the same age and grade.

But as it was already told in episode 19, the school assigned a single room to Kaori as an exception because of her condition, and they had Miyuki and Shizuma take care of her. And Tamao had been always alone... Since transfer strudents are very rare in Miator, I think Tamao had given up hope long before Nagisa came. But things change. Now she has a room-mate.

By the way, Hikai was a transfer student, too. She is now Yaya's room-mate. But, obviously, she wasn't when she came to Spica. If they had been room-mates from the beginning, the story line of episode 14 "More than best friends" doesn't make sense. Chihaya said in episode 3 that once a room-mate pair is formed, the pair isn't changed unless they request it. In conclusion, Hikari and Yaya decided to be room-mates of their own will.

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-08-18 at 02:15.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 01:54   Link #1027
Kuro

Tamao-chan! After 20 episodes, things are finally looking at least semi-somewhat decent! Please whatever-studio-that-is-directing-strawberry-panic, let Tamao-chan hook up with Nagisa ;_;! (and Shizuma w/Miyuki) Let this be one of the very few times that a couple I want to get together, actually get together. T_T;;

So, assuming Tamao-chan and Nagisa do start building something, we still have a good 6 episodes for Nagisa to get over Shizuma and hook up officially w/Tamao-chan, Miyuki to finally admit her feelings for Shizuma, Shizuma to get over Kaori and for Hikari to notice Yaya-chan. Oh, and Chikaru doing whatever it is that she does to further prove her 1337ness. Is it doable? Hopefully. It'll have to be a really intense series of episodes, though.

My biggest regret was that things couldn't get this interesting, earlier.

Oh, and is anybody actually rooting for Amane and Hikari? I never really could get into that one. In any case, poor, poor Yaya...
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 07:18   Link #1028
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Oh, and is anybody actually rooting for Amane and Hikari? I never really could get into that one. In any case, poor, poor Yaya...
At the moment with Strawberry Panic, i'm not that concered about who's gonna end up with who.. though anyone can tell just how hard Yaya is taking all of this. Even though she's already gone for one try with Hikari, the anime is still showing us just how hard Yaya is taking it yet again - so i'm having a feeling that Yaya's gonna fo something big in the next few episodes. Maybe to Amane.. or even Hikaru.
Old 2006-08-18, 07:51   Link #1029
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro
Oh, and is anybody actually rooting for Amane and Hikari? I never really could get into that one.
I think what Amane is proving is that classical fairytale princes are about as interesting as a heap of bricks, even when they're attractive girls.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 10:11   Link #1030
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
I think what Amane is proving is that classical fairytale princes are about as interesting as a heap of bricks, even when they're attractive girls.
...and even if they own a white horse.
Old 2006-08-18, 14:25   Link #1031
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Hmm, Kagome-chan has good perception isn't she? She manage to pinpoint that Nagisa has problems (other than Tamao-chan at least). Oh! and I love Tamao-chan's story about herself and without getting a roommate before. It was sad...feel sorry for her. No wonder she stays on the infirmary for long at the beginning of ep. 1
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 07:52   Link #1032
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Hmm... Tamao's Tale was pretty good.. But my bet is still for ShizNag ending. I mean, they're the main character! They're the first pairing that we know! And their story was just so touching... *flashback to ep. 19 >.<*

Now I'm waiting for Spica's Story to rise and execute their plot!! Come on Hikari, Amane, and Yaya! Please satisfy my hunger for emotional (yet cliche) love story! And stop showing Amane riding horse. I want Amane riding girls >.<

Spoiler:
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 09:22   Link #1033
ati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Hmm... Tamao's Tale was pretty good.. But my bet is still for ShizNag ending. I mean, they're the main character! They're the first pairing that we know! And their story was just so touching... *flashback to ep. 19 >.<*

Now I'm waiting for Spica's Story to rise and execute their plot!! Come on Hikari, Amane, and Yaya! Please satisfy my hunger for emotional (yet cliche) love story! And stop showing Amane riding horse. I want Amane riding girls >.<

Spoiler:
About the novel vol. 2

Spoiler:
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 10:24   Link #1034
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Spoiler:
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 11:30   Link #1035
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
I'm rooting for them. But that's because I've read the manga, where Amane actually has a *GASP* personality. The anime has really done her character a disservice, in my estimation.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 14:21   Link #1036
onna-chan

Send a message via AIM to onna-chan
Talking strawberry panic ep 21 pics

2chan's pics are out http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3449299.htm
onna-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 21:40   Link #1037
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:50   Link #1038
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 21:

Last edited by htsuji; 2006-08-22 at 23:24.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 20:09   Link #1039
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hm, i have a question concerning this *class* thing for St.Miator, u know...for Chiyo, she's a flower class. and for Nagisa, shes a moon class. What's the significance of this class thingie?.

hm...seeing at how this goes, my bet goes to Shizuma x Nagisa. The focus of the series is on them, so why stop and not explain what will happen between them?. is 6 more eps to go, it'll get intense at 23-26 which i cant wait for it to be on air.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 20:15   Link #1040
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Shizuma x Nagisa for relationship, but Shizuma is not eligible for the Etoile selection since she will be leaving after the end of the school year.

Nagisa x Tamao for Etoile selection.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri