AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-05, 12:17   Link #41
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
^^^ the people who subbed the first ep was Bullet Speed Subs which you can figure out by the mane there pretty fast and good at it
We can't tell you where because we'll get banned. But a Goggle search can be slightly helpful.
Old 2007-07-05, 12:40   Link #42
berny

Quote:
^^^ the people who subbed the first ep was Bullet Speed Subs which you can figure out by the mane there pretty fast and good at it
thank you for the help ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
We can't tell you where because we'll get banned. But a Goggle search can be slightly helpful.
ok no problem im goin to search in google
berny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 13:43   Link #43
grunty

The 'style' feels out of place - it's almost as if it's a poor SHAFT wannabe. The colors change randomly and while tinned backgrounds are one thing if done right, purposely 'forgetting' backgrounds in some scenes to focus on action makes me go 'uh'.

Can't stand the main girls character design - why couldn't she look a bit more like the nurse? xD

Another annoying thing is (bi)Shounen A and B striking poses all the time, which is like... WUT? The 'action' scenes, if you can call them that, were laughable - couldn't help but shout MATERIALAIZ where Shounen A made his gun appear.

Having said that... I still enjoyed it and will probably watch more, lol. The question is, will this have any kind of plot (although emo main girl with family problems is already in motion) or just random zombie killing job of the week?

Edit: Ah right, music seems fitting so far and the comedy deformations are very peach-pit indeed.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:19   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I am very very tempted to mark this show as the worst of this month of July and I've only checked out three new series from this month. What a joke of a first episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:36   Link #45
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Wow, that bad? I'm almost tempted to check this out just to see how bad this is. And I need to fill my season quota somehow. I can't remember the last season that has had this few interesting looking titles from the outset (although, with that said, initial impressions are never a fair way to judge an anime).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:36   Link #46
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I am very very tempted to mark this show as the worst of this month of July and I've only checked out three new series from this month. What a joke of a first episode.
Yeah, but I need some new shows to follow. I am only watching El Cazador at the moment and I am bored to tears. It's not about El Cazador, just need some more shows to go on with life.
Old 2007-07-05, 21:46   Link #47
UPR

^^ wow only one then you must be really picky (not that is a bad thing it's just with so many out there) damn then maybe i should cut back because im watching 21 shows. Anyway back on topic the first ep was interesting enough to at least give it 2-3 more ep
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:50   Link #48
orion

I didn't think that the first ep. was bad at all. You have a shounen title that is made to be appealing to females also. The first ep. is part 1 of a 2-parter, so I would think that those not pleased should give it a few more ep. before judging.

Besides, that OP is pretty catchy imo.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:40   Link #49
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Yeah, but I need some new shows to follow. I am only watching El Cazador at the moment and I am bored to tears. It's not about El Cazador, just need some more shows to go on with life.
There were litterally about twenty shows that I have been following, or at least archiving, and at least ten more that I haven't had the time to check out. A couple of them have now ended (Sola, Darker than Black), but most are still going.

Here is a partial list of shows that started in spring or winter. There are not nearly that many starting for summer, so if none of them interest you, please check some of these out:

Bokurano (Mecha...but really a dark psychological drama)
Claymore (very popular, it seems)
Darker than Black (Produced by Bones)
El Cazador (Your already watching this)
Gurrenn Lagenn (Mecha comedy by Gainax...quite popular)
Hatete no Gotoku (extremily funny)
Heroic Age (I dropped after a couple episodes, but you might like)
Idolmaster (Moe Mecha show...not great, but cute
Lovely Complex (Shoujo)
Lucky Star (4 Coma Manga based - Not as good as I hoped, but still cute)
Nanoha Strikers (I dropped after six episodes, but some seem to like)
Reideen (remake #3...not bad, if you dont mind the CGI mecha designs)
Romeo X Juliet (On my "plan to watch" list once some of these other shows end)
SOLA (Well done fantasy-Romance kinda thingie)
Seta no Hanayome
Denou Coil (GITS for children)
Gigantic Formula (Yet another mecha show...Ive not tried this one yet)
Touka Gettan (First episode had me )
Toward Terra (Haven't tried this one...its a remake of a 70s anime as well)

These are all shows that started just this spring, or else in winter in the case of Reideen.

There are still the long runners going: Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan, One Piece.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 23:41   Link #50
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
Bokurano (Mecha...but really a dark psychological drama)
Claymore (very popular, it seems)
Darker than Black (Produced by Bones)
El Cazador (Your already watching this)
Gurrenn Lagenn (Mecha comedy by Gainax...quite popular)
Hatete no Gotoku (extremily funny)
Heroic Age (I dropped after a couple episodes, but you might like)
Idolmaster (Moe Mecha show...not great, but cute
Lovely Complex (Shoujo)
Lucky Star (4 Coma Manga based - Not as good as I hoped, but still cute)
Nanoha Strikers (I dropped after six episodes, but some seem to like)
Reideen (remake #3...not bad, if you dont mind the CGI mecha designs)
Romeo X Juliet (On my "plan to watch" list once some of these other shows end)
SOLA (Well done fantasy-Romance kinda thingie)
Seta no Hanayome
Denou Coil (GITS for children)
Gigantic Formula (Yet another mecha show...Ive not tried this one yet)
Touka Gettan (First episode had me )
Toward Terra (Haven't tried this one...its a remake of a 70s anime as well)
It is very kind of you to take your time and give me a list. So here we go:

Bokurano (Mecha.. don't like mecha.)
Claymore (watched ep1, too much gore --> dropped it. but I might try again.)
Darker than Black (This is the one I am filling my time with when I am really really bored. But I am just watching it on and off.)
El Cazador (already watching this)
Gurrenn Lagenn (Mecha...no)
Hatete no Gotoku (don't like harem show.)
Heroic Age (read the intro, doesn't seem interesting to me.)
Idolmaster (Moe Mecha show...no.)
Lovely Complex (read the intro, doesn't seem interesting to me.)
Lucky Star (seems to be a bunch of crazy girls, but I might pick it up later. Right now, it doesn't seem all that interesting to me.)
Nanoha Strikers (I am very interested in this but it is really slow. I am waiting for it to finish then I will marathon it. But I might not be able to hold on for that long. )
Reideen (mecha, no)
Romeo X Juliet (I don't like classical "remake." )
SOLA (read the intro, doesn't seem interesting to me.)
Seta no Hanayome (never heard of it. Will look for more info.)
Denou Coil (generally like GITS, except the latest one, but for kids?? Pondering.)
Gigantic Formula (Yet another mecha show...no.)
Touka Gettan (I don't like this "'She' is actually a 'He' or vice versa" show.)
Toward Terra (don't know. will look into it.)

Thank you so much.

As for zombie-loan, well, I think I am going for another two ep or so. I mean, it is bad but , better than nothing.
Old 2007-07-06, 00:54   Link #51
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I didn't think that the first ep. was bad at all. You have a shounen title that is made to be appealing to females also. The first ep. is part 1 of a 2-parter, so I would think that those not pleased should give it a few more ep. before judging.

Besides, that OP is pretty catchy imo.
The op is so bad it's good.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 02:15   Link #52
grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Lovely Complex (read the intro, doesn't seem interesting to me.)
SOLA (read the intro, doesn't seem interesting to me.)
Seta no Hanayome (never heard of it. Will look for more info.)
Denou Coil (generally like GITS, except the latest one, but for kids?? Pondering.)
Toward Terra (don't know. will look into it.)
I LOLd at your Dennou Coil impressions. While a show 'doesn't seem interesting' from some anidb blurb, it's not enough reason to cross it out imho, but sigh, you're the one who needs shows to watch.
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 05:11   Link #53
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This show is pretty good! I just watched episode 1 and I'm hooked! Glad to see Kenichi Suzumura and Takahiro Sakurai in this show too!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 06:25   Link #54
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

guess the anime version was as empty as its manga counterpart =P but i still love this show xD
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 08:31   Link #55
GriS

talking about good or bad, i would categorise zombie loan under the latter...

in the beginning, the animation is quite sub-par compared to 2007 series. i continue watching anyway since it's still better than worst ever animation in air gear.

then here comes the final blow... the screenshot says it all.

what is STICK FIGURE doing in japanese animation!

that's it... the fact that it appears for few sec only doesn't help.. it SHOULD NOT exist in the first place.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 08:39   Link #56
UPR

so i take you don't watch Seto no Hanayome which also has some stick figure scenes
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 08:46   Link #57
GriS

Quote:
so i take you don't watch Seto no Hanayome which also has some stick figure scenes
right, it's my first time to see stick figure in animation from zombie loan

seeing how popular seto no hanayome is, i suppose most has accepted stick figure as part of animation? of course, it will never be me.

i'd rather they design it in chibi form, not stick figure
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 09:00   Link #58
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
what is STICK FIGURE doing in japanese animation!
The stick figures are directly based on the series' manga counterpart which also has stick figures in that scene. Does the fact that the anime was true to its source material alleviate your pain any?

If anyone's interested, here are my thoughts on episode 1.
-- The OP made my ears hurt. But fortunately the fast forward button can prevent such an occurance in the future.
-- The hyper-thin character designs of the male leads added to the sense of them being other-worldly characters.
-- The guys' personalities were refreshingly straightforward. They weren't hesitant about tossing aside people who aren't of use to them in their afterlife life. I guess after you've died once, you no longer feel as hampered by societal constraints in dealing with people. Or perhaps they were like that before the bus accident. Only time will tell.
-- The female lead seemed to be lacking a backbone at first. But I suspect she has one buried under a few layers of misfortunes and societal obligations. She showed some spunk when dealing with the two-toned hair guy.
-- It isn't often you get a cliff-hanger in the first minute of the first episode of a series. It was easy to forget as the episode progressed that the entire first episode is a flashback as Our Heroine lies dying in a pool of her own blood. And we still don't know why she's in that state.

I liked the first episode so much enough that I couldn't wait until next week and hunted down the manga to find out what happens. You can probably guess that I'll be following this series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 09:15   Link #59
orion

Spoiler for ep.1 prologue:

I viewed those stick figures as a version of super-deformed style used for comedy. It doesn't mean that the animation is bad at all imo. Besides chibi prob wouldn't work in a horror action title imo.

Besides, you guys need to relax. Not every anime has a budget similar to Mushi-Uta, Denno Coil , Kanon 2k6 or Seirei no Moribito and styles can be different imo.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:19   Link #60
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

lol. i liked the intro of the op but when the vocals kicked in... nevermind...

Spoiler for the half-dead-four-eyed-girl-lying-on-the-floor:
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, peach-pit, shounen