AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-05-03, 18:01   Link #361
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Very well. I retract 'no plot' and stick with 'bad plot'.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 00:38   Link #362
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I consider this premise more as a setup than as a "plot". Hmm...how can I compare this to. It's like The Simpsons. There's this average American family of 5. What's the plot of the Simpsons? I don't know, but pretty damn funny to watch about them. Same idea applies: There's this tough boy with a girl on his right hand. What's the plot? I don't know...but it's pretty damn funny to watch about him too. Oh wait, I guess the plot is Midori's love for Seiji, and romantic conflicts between them.

Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 04:36   Link #363
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 05:00   Link #364
Budweineken
Crap

Episode 5.... some entertaining moments, but nothing else... along with episode 4 I think they have been the weakest episodes of the series... I think we need more mixture between action and romance instead of plain romance and comedy... at least that's what I liked from the first few episodes
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 08:43   Link #365
Innotech

Plot isnt always required for a successful show. case in point Galaxy angel. its going on a 4th season in Japan and there really isnt a plot to speak of!
What carries showsl ike this are likeable characters, and the characters in midori no hibi are fun to watch.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 14:21   Link #366
TronDD
Team the box!

Bummer. I like the way the pullup thing was done in the manga better.

And why a friggin fever episode? Always with the fever episodes. Don't Japanese ever get any other ailments like a runny nose, projectile vomiting, or explosive diarrhea?

What happened to Ayase's friggid outer shell? Boooo. I liked her acting all tough and stuck up. She was all goofy in this episode.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 17:44   Link #367
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Bummer. I like the way the pullup thing was done in the manga better.

And why a friggin fever episode? Always with the fever episodes. Don't Japanese ever get any other ailments like a runny nose, projectile vomiting, or explosive diarrhea?

What happened to Ayase's friggid outer shell? Boooo. I liked her acting all tough and stuck up. She was all goofy in this episode.
Ayase is funny when she's trying to attract Seichi's romantic notice though, it's a running scenario in the manga

BTW, I agree with you. I liked the pull-up thing in the manga better too, and then when they get home Seichi's hand is injured and it leads to another situation...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 18:38   Link #368
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Episode 5 just lacked the charming atmosphere that most of the first episodes of the anime and the manga have. It was... dry. They made Seiji too sweet, too soon, Ayase went from bitch to giggly school girl with as close to no actual segue as humanly possible, and Midori... well, I never really liked Midori all that much, anyway, but I still don't like her in the anime.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 18:52   Link #369
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

wow....these ppl do NOT know how to make drama scenes

(I"LL DIE FOR A PULL UP!)
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 19:14   Link #370
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I thought the first half of episode 5 was funny but the second half was a drag. It's nice when Seishi is kind to Midori, but it just doesn't last because she is so goopy. And yeah, all in all "charm" certainly wasn't in it.

Given that the last two episodes were half-decent I am even more annoyed about episode 3, which was hard to watch and didn't really do anything for the story.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 20:26   Link #371
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I think I'm gonna drop this one. I'm watching too many new series as it stands, and frankly nothing beyond the (fantastic, hilarious) first episode really grabbed me. I just don't feel motivated to keep on watching it. :/
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 00:12   Link #372
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
Episode 5.... some entertaining moments, but nothing else... along with episode 4 I think they have been the weakest episodes of the series... I think we need more mixture between action and romance instead of plain romance and comedy... at least that's what I liked from the first few episodes
man ep 4 was hilarious! wut are u talking about?!
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 00:29   Link #373
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

woah woah, the critics have spoken. i agree that the whole pull up scene wasnt handled very well in the anime... maybe the timing was off or the whole thing was dragged out/overdramatized but still, i think they have done a great job on the anime. go ayase go!
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 07:48   Link #374
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
I agree that the pull up stuff wasn't handled very well, but still I really like the anime, it isn't as good as the manga, but still entertaining
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 08:32   Link #375
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Yes, its very entertaining, I will with no doubt continue watching it. Mostly for the comedy, and for Midori of course
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 01:20   Link #376
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Just finished up to 5 with this series

You know, the good anime series I have seen usually have pretty much a normal setting with one twist, (in this case, a girl becomes a guys right hand twist) It is the most entertaining series I have seen thus far.

Though, 4 and 5 seems to me that yeah the pull up thing maybe out of place (though i didnt even took a second thought at it) maybe its because the different subbers and their context.

Definitely looking forward to the next eps and interested to see how things go with the other girl in class.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 02:47   Link #377
rogi666

how long is the series supposed to be?
rogi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 03:20   Link #378
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogi666
how long is the series supposed to be?
Well thats something we all don't know yet. I think it would be another 13 episoder like so many other series that are debuting.
Old 2004-05-10, 03:43   Link #379
rogi666

how long is the manga?
rogi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 04:19   Link #380
Marine-RX179

The 5th Manga for it just released in Japan I believe. But I'm guessing like most other titles, the Manga version would longer and much more detailed to related to the characters that appear in it, and the story for the Manga is way ahead of the anime.
That's why we got so many critics here saying the anime is not as good as the Manga, but still none the less the anime is good for passing time and a laugh.....it might not be as fun to watch for those that already read the Manga and know where the story is heading for.

I mean if you look back on series like Ramma and Love Hina, the anime never did cover to as far as where the Manga ends.....I'm guessing there is a chance that Modori No Hibi would be the same as well.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote