AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-09, 12:45   Link #1
Hobbes

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
FUNanimation

I have no clue what they have licensed before FMA, but do they typically do a good job or is the show gonna be in trouble?
Old 2004-06-09, 12:59   Link #2
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
They have licensed Kiddy Grade, Lupin III, the Dragonball series, Blue Gender, Fruits Basket, and Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm sure they're going to butcher the series, taking out most of the violent scenes. But theres been more talk about this in other threads, so I suggest looking around.
Old 2004-06-09, 13:13   Link #3
Xikius
JTHM ~> Z?

Send a message via AIM to Xikius
actually, if you go to the main funi/fma website ( www.fullmetalalchemist.com ) and watch Trailer #2 there is lots of blood/violence, and it makes the series seem really dark... that trailer alone made me turn my opinion on funimation licensing this series. i can not wait for the DVD's now ^_^

hmm... upon inspection of the site, there's only one trailer now. i do not know if that's the right one or not. can't view it now, so can't tell ya
Old 2004-06-09, 13:19   Link #4
zarkand

In my opinion, for dub work I would say Funimation has gotten better since their earlier work on Dragonball Z. I may only have heard Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blue Gender and Detective Conan/Case Closed. With maybe a few odds voices here and there, I'd say over all those works were pretty good and show improvement.

If your planing on getting FMA on DVD you wont have to worry too much. They do release an uncut dub and sub. If your going to watch it on Cartoon Network, it will be heading to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. So the editing shouldn't be too heavy. Based on the other shows on Adult Swim the most you will have to worry about is blood getting reduced somewhat. If I were to guess, I'd think most episodes would do fine with a TV 14 V rating unedited.
Old 2004-06-09, 15:11   Link #5
Kyon

I noticed that Funi also recently announced that they picked up Gunslinger Girl, so it looks like they are trying to expand their horizons. Again, since I'll be buying the DVDs, I'm not too concerned with that they do to it on TV as long as they release the DVDs unedited and with two audio tracks. (Since this is pretty much what everyone does now, it doesn't bother me. I just hope the packaging looks nice, and any box sets they plan to release come with some nice extras)
Old 2004-06-09, 15:29   Link #6
Keiokie

I don't really care if they sub it, as long as they sell the DVDs with the Japanese, uncut version with it. I also heard that they were going to license Tokyo Mew Mew? Whether or not thats true... Appearently the "Sugar" girl from YTV is going to play one of the characters.
Old 2004-06-10, 00:41   Link #7
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
4kids licensed Tokyo Mew Mew a while back.

FUNimation does tend to release 4kids shows on dvd. They have been trying to convince 4Kids that there is a market for unedited/subbed versions of their shows, and they seem to have succeeded.

Concerns put forth by Keioke are entirely baseless, and if you want it totally uncut in Japanese (with or without subs) then just buy the DVDs (like I will) and ignore it on TV.
Old 2004-06-10, 01:21   Link #8
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiokie
I don't really care if they sub it, as long as they sell the DVDs with the Japanese, uncut version with it. I also heard that they were going to license Tokyo Mew Mew? Whether or not thats true... Appearently the "Sugar" girl from YTV is going to play one of the characters.
4Kids licensed Tokyo Mew Mew, not FUNimation.

And where did you hear about Sugar being cast in the show?
Old 2004-06-10, 14:03   Link #9
Sgt.Death

all I have to say is death to all who dub...
Old 2004-06-10, 14:16   Link #10
Keiokie

Quote:
4Kids licensed Tokyo Mew Mew, not FUNimation.

And where did you hear about Sugar being cast in the show?
Sorry, someone had told me Tokyo Mew Mew was licensed by FUN. They also said about Sugar being cast in the show... So its a very unreliable source. If Im wrong, forgive me for an idiot speaking of the wrong information.
Closed Thread