AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-27, 19:38   Link #2761
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
This. Unfortunately, people seem to forget this a lot in the fandom, no matter what you happen to ship. Heero's just as bad, if not worse...
Oh of course Heero was raised to kill more or less, so he is a total barrel of gundam piloting monkeys, but what can we say, guess Relena likes 'em dangerous.

Actually come to think about it Qautre and Wu-Fei had the most stable childhoods........ relatively
Old 2011-03-27, 19:58   Link #2762
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiandagger View Post
Actually come to think about it Qautre and Wu-Fei had the most stable childhoods........ relatively
Yup. And look at how they turned out...
When it comes down to it, I think Wufei is actually the most sane pilot in the bunch.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:00   Link #2763
allison13

Quote:
Ah... wait. So much for making sense. Jr. couldn't have been already out of toddler-age (he seemed to be already 8-10ish) when Duo met him in MC0017 if he was born in MC0016 :S So much for that. He looks to be between 12-15 in MC0022, so in MC0016-17 he'd have been about 8-10?

So, he had to have been born in at least MC0010 or so... Hmm. Unless some kind of wacky science is in play.. Yeesh, still really badly contrived. >.>
Maybe he's a clone

We never got any exact ages of anyone so far, though, right?

And yeah, soldier buying a motorcycle and disappearing in to the wilderness for two years...not so far fetched, sadly. Honestly, after seeing the original GW series and the side stories, I kinda would have expected Duo to be characterized exactly like this if there was a sequel.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:50   Link #2764
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Maybe he's a clone

We never got any exact ages of anyone so far, though, right?

And yeah, soldier buying a motorcycle and disappearing in to the wilderness for two years...not so far fetched, sadly. Honestly, after seeing the original GW series and the side stories, I kinda would have expected Duo to be characterized exactly like this if there was a sequel.
I REALLY hope not... =_= Katherine's already a sort-of clone, if Jr. and Phobos end up being clones that's just too much.

Nope.

Yeah. I just don't see any of the pilots settling into 'marital/familial bliss'.
Old 2011-03-28, 05:41   Link #2765
jakeslogan

Quote:
I REALLY hope not... =_= Katherine's already a sort-of clone, if Jr. and Phobos end up being clones that's just too much.
Oh, there will be Une clone, Treize clone, Zechs clone,... or even Heero clone and Relena clone. Then the clone will end up take over the Earth and Mars. :lol: Frozen Teardrop.: The Attack of The Clone.
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:22   Link #2766
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
When it comes down to it, I think Wufei is actually the most sane pilot in the bunch.
Hahaha, now that you mention it, it does make sense. But it's okay. We love the crazy pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslogan View Post
Oh, there will be Une clone, Treize clone, Zechs clone,... or even Heero clone and Relena clone. Then the clone will end up take over the Earth and Mars. :lol: Frozen Teardrop.: The Attack of The Clone.
lol You did not just go there.
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 08:32   Link #2767
wingzerosnuggles

Since this is being touted as transitional, I do wonder if they're going with the "actual" sequel being a legitimate "next generation" thing or if they'll introduce a new cast at some point and just throw in references to these "clones" now and then.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 10:27   Link #2768
kurage

Ooh, new chapter is up. I always liked Duo and Hilde as a pairing so I'm sad that things turned out that way. Hilde breaking his arm is priceless, though. Thanks for the translations! On another note, apologies for interrupting the current discussion but since I don't see the summary for the previous chapter yet (unless I am blind and missed it), just wanted to throw out this little thing that has been bothering me. Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Zechs: ...私のキュレネ(妖精)、ナイナ ノイエンハイムだ。
...This is my Cyrene, Naina Neuenheim/Noinheim.
Naina: ナイナ ピースクラフトです! ...
Naina Peacecraft! ...

What do you guys think? Not sure why Zechs doesn't refer to his daughter as 'Peacecraft'; might be explained when we learn why Noin's brother goes by "Milliardo Peacecraft". So not only does he go by different names but his daughter, too x_x On a funnier (I think..) note, when he says that Naina is his 'Cyrene', the kanji used (妖精, with the katakana for Cyrene at the side) actually means......... fairy. Idk about you but I have weird images of Zechs playing dress-up with Naina. Does Cyrene even have anything to do with fairies? I do believe that he was drinking when speaking with Duo, though. Naina mentions about serving Relena; looks like she follows her mother's path. Oh, there's Duo going "Yare yare.." while the father and daughter embrace!

And a little something that caught my eye as well. Before this conversation, Duo asks about Relena Darlian in the capsule. Not too sure on what exactly Zechs says but I see "...ルクレツィア, いや, ノイン..." which translates to "...Lucrezia, no, Noin...". I hope this doesn't imply that Lucrezia and Noin are different personae. I wouldn't be surprised but... sigh, this family! 6_9

I think I'm going to laugh out loud whenever I listen to my music from Star Wars now, heh.
kurage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 13:11   Link #2769
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurage View Post
So not only does he go by different names but his daughter, too x_x
Runs in the family
Quote:
On a funnier (I think..) note, when he says that Naina is his 'Cyrene', the kanji used (妖精, with the katakana for Cyrene at the side) actually means......... fairy. Idk about you but I have weird images of Zechs playing dress-up with Naina.
SOMEONE DRAW THIS XD
Quote:
Does Cyrene even have anything to do with fairies?
Nope, Cyrene was a wife of Apollo.
Quote:
Not too sure on what exactly Zechs says but I see "...ルクレツィア, いや, ノイン..." which translates to "...Lucrezia, no, Noin...". I hope this doesn't imply that Lucrezia and Noin are different personae.
Naw, I bet it's just him catching himself since Noin always makes a point to have people call her by her family name and not her given name.
Old 2011-03-28, 13:18   Link #2770
shadowii

kurage^
well actually zech had said in endless waltz he never wanted the world to have another milardo peacecraft (taking the name swift wind) which is why it surprised me that he went back to that name in frozen teardrop, since we found out that milardo is actually noin's brother it helped clear up some things and raised about fifty more questions.

so if duo II is not duo's son why did hilda give him the guys name (still loved him even though they divorced? I know Duo still loved her her referred to her as wife rather than ex in first or second chapter)

how many chapter of glory of the losers is out right now?

also Hilde's dead at this point in the story right? thats why duo II is hanging out with duo I?

and i am seeing differences in opinions between naina and her father with her wanting to go by peacecraft

Last edited by shadowii; 2011-03-28 at 14:06.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 13:48   Link #2771
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Even though he seemed to believe otherwise during the end of the series, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
how many chapter of glory of the losers is out right now?
Six chapters have been released.
Old 2011-03-28, 13:53   Link #2772
jakeslogan

Quote:
so if duo II is not duo's son why did hilda give him the guys name (still loved him even though they divorced?)
Maybe Duo is a codename, maybe they're father and son, maybe Duo Jr is Duo's cousin, maybe he is one of his long lost relative. Or maybe both of them are Intel's productions. :P
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 13:56   Link #2773
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslogan View Post
Maybe Duo is a codename, maybe they're father and son, maybe Duo Jr is Duo's cousin, maybe he is one of his long lost relative. Or maybe both of them are Intel's productions. :P
Or maybe he's a clone.
Old 2011-03-28, 14:11   Link #2774
shadowii

as for martial bliss argument i dont know it varies for me between each pilot (also an argument of married life versus just keeping a stable relationship)

but i always thought trowa and quatre was one of the only canonical homosexual parings

i mean even now they're working together and with phobos and katherine having tension....

Last edited by shadowii; 2011-03-28 at 15:37.
Old 2011-03-28, 16:29   Link #2775
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
but i always thought trowa and quatre was one of the only canonical homosexual parings.
Can we please not use the word "canonical" for the Wing pairings please? That's a can of worms no-one wants to see opened again.
Old 2011-03-28, 16:43   Link #2776
shadowii

^
sorry
let me rephrase that
when i look at the series it looks to me that they all but say those two are in love
Old 2011-03-28, 17:08   Link #2777
GundamFan1989

I don't see the Homosexual thing with Quatre and Trowa, in times of war people develop close friendships i:e War veterans keeping in contact
GundamFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 17:36   Link #2778
Kitsoru

Heeeeeere we go.
Old 2011-03-28, 18:03   Link #2779
GundamFan1989

Quote:
Heeeeeere we go.
Hehe Sorry about that, there's just that joke on every wing forum
GundamFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 20:36   Link #2780
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
^
sorry
let me rephrase that
when i look at the series it looks to me that they all but say those two are in love
We've had over 100 pages without much yaoi talk and I hope this doesn't turn into a war but please, can you provide some concrete reasons why you believe they're in love?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing