AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-30, 00:40   Link #401
Rias

At least Marie doesn't put you through the guilt trip even if you have entered a special relationship with her.
Old 2012-11-30, 13:20   Link #402
Nerroth
NePoi!

The same thing happened for me; in the first run-through, I wanted to see if there was going to be a negative consequence to dating more than one person, but I wasn't expecting the way it was shown to have that kind of impact. So, in the second run, I stuck with Yukiko, and things went a lot better.

(I like the fact that the game not only allows for loyalty to a single partner, but actually rewards it.)

In fact, in the second run, after having been called out to go shopping with Ai on some Sunday or other, Yukiko (who I had max S-linked with by that point) showed up, shooed her away, and (after my Protagonist explained the misunderstanding) spent the rest of the afternoon with him. I couldn't help but feel pleased with that turn of events!
Old 2012-11-30, 13:40   Link #403
JohnNiles

Well, I tried all 3 of the options available to me, and not only am I NOT sorry about my actions, I have vowed to go back on my next playthrough and pick up all the lovers' links that eluded me the first time. I WILL score with all the heroines. *Teddie voice*

I'll have to hunt for gameplay footage of what happens on Valentine's Day if you have no lovers' links- probably something embarassing.

@Nerroth: I know exactly what scene you're referring to (although I had Rise for mine, and she got intimidated and ran off). I think that was in the original game too. Yukiko doesn't mess around!
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:16   Link #404
com_gwp

Thinking I was such a hotshot for clearing P4 first time around on expert before I immediately went with Very Hard on the first run through here without giving much thought to it. Anyone else thought the same?

Well, my hubris caught up with me fairly quickly.

The nearly halved exp and gold is one hell of a hurdle, and because I can't stand to grind I'm insanely underleveled every single boss fight. Pretty much half-regretting the decision (plus the fact that there's no trophy for it) but I'm near 30 hours in and far too late in to back out now.

It does put an interesting spin on dungeon clearing because now I'm using all sorts of items I would usually hoard.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-11-30 at 19:35.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 21:37   Link #405
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Thinking I was such a hotshot for clearing P4 first time around on expert before I immediately went with Very Hard on the first run through here without giving much thought to it. Anyone else thought the same?

Well, my hubris caught up with me fairly quickly.

The nearly halved exp and gold is one hell of a hurdle, and because I can't stand to grind I'm insanely underleveled every single boss fight. Pretty much half-regretting the decision (plus the fact that there's no trophy for it) but I'm near 30 hours in and far too late in to back out now.

It does put an interesting spin on dungeon clearing because now I'm using all sorts of items I would usually hoard.
yeah man, i played on hard and found i would not be able to work with it and i was at yukikos dungeon at the time but ultimately decided to set it on normal and found myself much more satisfied haha

Thank gawd they added a skip button
Old 2012-11-30, 22:02   Link #406
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm just glad I went with hard. I figured that picking Very Hard would end up biting me . Hard was a lot worse in the beginning than I thought it would be. I almost changed my mind with how badly they were beating my team up early on. But hang in there and it started to even out.

Pretty well after Yukiko's dungeon was able to get enough experience from those gold hands to level high enough to endure the dungeons ahead. Still, have to agree on using items that normally I'd hoard more of. Makes those victories just a bit more worthwhile.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:15   Link #407
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

can the voices be turn off?
Old 2012-12-02, 22:23   Link #408
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I like the dub, AND I understand the cost/space constraints, but damned if it doesn't break my heart not to have the Japanese audio track option. First world problems.

I think I'm actually managing to go through the first dungeon even slower than I did on the PS2. The quick load times have made me even more anal than ever about exploring town constantly to check and see if there's any new text or quests available. I expect to finish this some time around February of 2015.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 23:54   Link #409
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Soooo, finally got around to playing through the whole game with the True ending for the first time...

Spoiler for Spoilers True Ending/Marie:

Honestly, it's the first actual Persona game I've beaten. I mean, I played through the PS2 version, but ended up stopping after abit. I won P3 FES.... but only got so far before stopping. Feels good to actually finish one~
Old 2012-12-03, 18:50   Link #410
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly didn't care about the Japanese voices for this one since I've already spent a ton of hours in the original PS2 version listening to them in English. Not like the dub is poorly done in this case. Options are always good of course.

Finally in December, so getting close to having fun with the added months of the game.
Old 2012-12-08, 00:01   Link #411
JohnNiles

SO FULL OF RAGE. I tried to get the goddamn trophy for reading all the books, using a save point of 12/23. Finished all the books on the last possible day... found out I was missing a book. After scouring Gamefaqs, I figured out it was a book you get by eating at Aiya's 8 times. Great, like I would ever do that. -_- Started over from the same save point, got the book.... wound up ONE reading session short. ARRRRGHH. I can't use any other save points without fighting extremely pointless boss battles. There's no way in hell I'm going to do a third playthrough just for that trophy. What idiot thought up that trophy anyway? Who the hell does that for fun?? What an idiot. Serves me right for wasting time on dumb trophies. -_-
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 00:05   Link #412
Nerroth
NePoi!

My main issues were in card fusion (I haven't sat down and tried to work out how to get all of the cards needed for a certain Persona, or to move the needle for the Empress Arcana Social Link) and some of the other S-links (I didn't seem to have enough time in either run-through to get everyone maxed up).

Oh well.

In other news, happy birthday Yukiko!

(Her date of birth was the 8th of December, 1994.)
Old 2012-12-08, 00:16   Link #413
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Indeed, happy birthday Yukiko .

So, finally got through my first run in the game. Just had fun with it and will leave the NG+ for getting a few more trophies. Have to say they did a great job on this. All the extra content made it feel pretty fresh. Just the little things that make it better .
Old 2012-12-08, 01:58   Link #414
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@Nerroth: nice pictures of Yukiko. oh hey, Yukiko was also my first one to max out
her S-link and it's her birthday! *cheers!* ^______^
Old 2012-12-10, 12:34   Link #415
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Holy cow at this new scene! We need to create a new word for the protagonist's charm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxF5v6K2wps
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 00:33   Link #416
SoulofSomfing

ughhh i realli want to use the rescue request thing but for some reason, whenever I enter a dungeon it keeps failing to connect to psn at the start. Connecting to psn only works when im outside dungeons using the voice thingymabob.

Anyone got the same probs and how to fix?
Old 2012-12-14, 00:43   Link #417
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ Huh, I've only ever had that problem when I use the PSN Home button while playing to use one of the other apps like browser and such.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:56   Link #418
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Holy cow at this new scene! We need to create a new word for the protagonist's charm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxF5v6K2wps
Of all the things Dojima did not expect to walk in on .

But really I have to say the new scenes scattered throughout really do bring the game up another level. If I didn't have to study I'd be in NG+ already just to go through it all over again.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:16   Link #419
SoulofSomfing

@SOGESNAKE

so you had the exact same problem as me if you used the home button but it didnt affect the voice thingy outside of dungeon? Gonna have to restart my game or the console to test.
Old 2012-12-14, 01:18   Link #420
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Holy crackers I just saw the valentine scenes with each of the 4 main girls. In their own way, they're pretty direct on what their main goal is with Yu ^^;;.