AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 23:23   Link #761
Kylon99

It's been awhile since people have posted stuff here it seems, but I recently shopped my way across Japan and picked up a few Umineko goods (and related items).

For anyone that's interested, there are pics of all the Chiru mangas that I could find (missing EP5 #2 though.) And also the 10 year anniversary music CDs (with the bonus Another History) featuring variations of pieces from Higurashi, Umineko and Higanbana.

By the way, what is with Ange's huge ass on the cover EP8 #1? Not that I'm complaining though...

And also Rose Gun Days with the character design book... although that has nothing to do with Umineko technically.

Oh hey, I accidentally clipped Mami's head out of the picture, I wonder how that--
Old 2012-11-16, 14:26   Link #762
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Has anyone bought the full version of Rosa Musou? I have, and it seems like the actual game is shorter than the demo version... am I missing something?

To clarify, I purchased the version on DLSite: you fight the seven stakes, no other boss battles; the trial version on the website has Ronove, Gaap, etc. Is there an updated version of the game I can buy?

EDIT: Ok, apparently the purchasable version is an outdated version of the game. However, the link provided to buy the newest version of the game doesn't work... anybody know where I can buy it online?

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2012-11-16 at 15:00.
Old 2012-11-17, 14:23   Link #763
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

That loot Kylon... It's... It's godly. You picked them up while you actually were in Japan, if I understood correctly? I can't find a way to get you & history shipped abroad without a proxy service
Old 2012-12-06, 00:16   Link #764
Reizo-kun

Nis America's Umineko: When They Cry DVD Release

My order from Nis America came in the mail today and took a few pictures. When I get the chance I'll scan the notebook pages and post them.

Spoiler for The image sizes are to big.:
Old 2012-12-25, 22:52   Link #765
RandomAvatarFan

I found Volume 1 under the Christmas tree (I'm more behaved than Bernkastel was) and I really like the content in the book that came with it.

The artwork is nothing that we haven't seen before; it's merely the character sketches just superimposed on notebook-like paper. The bios are pretty basic, even moreso than the game TIPs bios. However it also includes TIPS for individual mysteries, and they are pretty awesome.

I've only skimmed through it but they kind of call attention to the details that you should be looking at (for instance: "Up until this point, only three people have talked to Kinzo. Is it possible that they might have a motive for keeping the others away?") They also call attention to the Chiester's bunny ears and numerical nomenclature, the fact that Shannon and Kanon came from the same orphanage, as well as give the epitaph in its entirety.

The epitaph's translation is a little strange. Most notably is the "On the second twilight, those who remain shall put asunder those who would be as one." If Reizo never puts the scans of them up, I might at least show the epitaph.

I haven't yet actually watched the discs yet, but I really like the way this is being presented with the books filling in the gaps that the anime itself missed out on. I think any newcomers coming into it through the anime might be able to get a better hang on thinking about what they are seeing and recalling each bit to what was seen or at least discussed about previously. (Hmm, the epitaph was supposed to be Kinzo's version of a will, but why did Beato appear to give EVA the gold instead?)

Now, looking at Reizo's pictures, may I ask what the Killer's Gambit is? Is it something that came with Volume 2? I only have Volume 1 and I don't have anything like that.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:23   Link #766
Nameraka
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Now, looking at Reizo's pictures, may I ask what the Killer's Gambit is? Is it something that came with Volume 2? I only have Volume 1 and I don't have anything like that.
People who ordered both volumes simultaneously from NIS America's store received Killer's Gambit as a bonus. It's a card game, Mafia-type thing with an Umineko theme.
Old 2012-12-28, 22:26   Link #767
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Does anyone have more info about Killer's Gambit?

I'm a bit curious, because I was thinking of including a Mafia-style thing as part of a tea party in the fan game I'm making. Maybe I could snag some details from that.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:52   Link #768
Witch of Uncertainty

I got it myself. Can read the Rules for you:

Spoiler for Killers Gambit::

I want to add the the Case files we got with the sets are pretty cool, to be honest.
I enjoyed reading them.
Old 2013-01-06, 00:06   Link #769
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

The NIS set is really nice and it helped me confirm a suspension I had about who the killer is (still reading episode 6 at the time). I would like to say I don't think anyone should post the entire artbook online, NIS put a lot of effort into it and should be payed for it. it really does a nice job with all the tips that are in it about the various things that happen in the series.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:48   Link #770
TheGuraGuraMan

Exactly the same rules of the french game "loups-garou (Werewolf) de Thercelieux".

My favorite game btw :3
Old 2013-04-23, 05:09   Link #771
charlieparrot

Does anyone know where I could buy this version of Episode 8? http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...de=TVG-PC-0261

It's out of stock at AmiAmi, Paletweb and Mandarake ;_; Nothing on Ebay either.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:55   Link #772
StainGlass

Hmm, perhaps keep an eye out on Yahoo Japan? http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...ab_ex=commerce

I don't see a copy there either though, and I guess you'd have to use a deputy service.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:06   Link #773
charlieparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainGlass View Post
Hmm, perhaps keep an eye out on Yahoo Japan? http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...ab_ex=commerce

I don't see a copy there either though, and I guess you'd have to use a deputy service.
^^" I get kinda nervous of Yahoo Japan auctions. I dont like the idea of using one of those middle companies due to extra/potentially hidden fees.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:48   Link #774
StainGlass

That's understandable. If you do want to buy YJA sometime, feel free to shoot me a pm for some deputies I recommend.
Closed Thread