Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 21:56   Link #61
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The problem here is that the movie works best with the soundtrack....err...I mean the soundtrack works best with the movie, that's what I meant to say.

Daft Punk obviously saw the work-print and deliberately designed the soundtrack to sync up with and enhance the visuals which is something they've always been good at IMO. I've listened to the soundtrack since seeing the movie and it's good Electronica, but it still doesn't capture the whole mood and experience of seeing it to the film.
I concur. I bought the digital soundtrack for $10 and am listening to it now. I like it, I wish some parts that I really like weren't so short, but it's pretty good overall. But it does need the movie to be best.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:03   Link #62
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Spoiler:

That was an "ouch" moment for me that I just kind of had to block out.
There were many plot holes (I mentioned several in a previous post), but I'm unsure if this is a hole:

Spoiler for film spoilers...:

---

In other news, Tron opened at $43.6 million

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-19 at 23:30.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:22   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I concur. I bought the digital soundtrack for $10 and am listening to it now. I like it, I wish some parts that I really like weren't so short, but it's pretty good overall. But it does need the movie to be best.
Too bad it doesn't have the Journey song from the arcade too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There were many plot holes (I mentioned several in a previous post), but I'm unsure if this is a hole:

Spoiler for film spoilers...:

---

In other news, Tron opened at $43.6 million
My friend pointed that out actually, though I'm not sure how he managed to hide there for all that time then without CLU at least thinking to search The Outlands for him. Oh god I'm thinking about the movie....better just stop here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 21:26   Link #64
Kudryavka

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that
Spoiler for Tron '82 spoiler:

And yeah, both Clu and Tron existed back in ENCOM, before Flynn's new Grid, unless I'm misunderstanding something and
Spoiler for spoiler for both '82 and Legacy:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:31   Link #65
Imotri

it doesnt look like a good movie
Imotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 03:31   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The original CLU was a program Flynn designed in 1982 to hack into the MCP to find evidence. It was found and derezzed at the beginning of the film TRON.

The CLU (2.0) was something Flynn made later (1983 probably) like he mentioned in 1989 to his son (via action figures) at the very start of the new film.

Both of these cases are used to setup backstory for the plot.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:21   Link #67
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The original CLU was a program Flynn designed in 1982 to hack into the MCP to find evidence. It was found and derezzed at the beginning of the film TRON.

The CLU (2.0) was something Flynn made later (1983 probably) like he mentioned in 1989 to his son (via action figures) at the very start of the new film.

Both of these cases are used to setup backstory for the plot.
K, thanks.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 16:21   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome movie. Everyone is all about the music and the graphics but what about Quorra? I'm in love with Olivia Wilde now. Her expressions were great, and you could really feel all the new emotions she was experiencing as she met and spent time with Sam.

As for everything else: it was great. Most enjoyable. I would have liked for things to be more technical and computer related, but if it were, it would not have sold as well. They had to make it a movie for a wider audience. I wish Tron had a bigger impact on the story, like if he was freed sooner (and legitimately). They could have kept his mask on, they didn't have to spend the money on a young Bruce or anything.

I digress though, it was an enjoyable movie. Great characters, great acting, amazing visuals and superb soundtrack. 9/10 from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm hoping the release of this film means a re-release of the original. A lot of my friends won't go and see Legacy because they haven't seen the original.
The first will be re-released this spring.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:02   Link #69
Nerroth
NePoi!

Spoof-acy?

Tags
movie, movies