Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-27, 23:03   Link #421
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
He obviously feels something or he wouldn't have hesitated and saved Lelouch due to all that 'brother' talk

And when has Lelouch not put on that psychotic smile either? Is this what we have to look forward to his character as well, a similar descent into madness? >_>
It's not the only issue that shook him up.

Villetta had contacted them and he lied about his location, if Zero was capture and revealed to be Lelouch then Rollo would have been questioned, revealed that he was Vincent.

The other issue was the fact he saved Lelouch as well, even if he did get out amongst a large group (C.C. would still be able to move and kill him, he doesn't know that) cameras would find him and he'd be revealed. He saved Zero, he would be dubbed a traitor none the less.

The fact Rollo didn't do anything after he saved Zero made things worse - The longer he didn't do anything the further he got f-ed over to be revealed to be a liar to the secret agency and a traitor to whoever he reports to.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:05   Link #422
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
It's not the only issue that shook him up.

Villetta had contacted them and he lied about his location, if Zero was capture and revealed to be Lelouch then Rollo would have been questioned, revealed that he was Vincent.

The other issue was the fact he saved Lelouch as well, even if he did get out amongst a large group (C.C. would still be able to move and kill him, he doesn't know that) cameras would find him and he'd be revealed. He saved Zero, he would be dubbed a traitor none the less.

The fact Rollo didn't do anything after he saved Zero made things worse - The longer he didn't do anything the further he got f-ed over to be revealed to be a liar to the secret agency and a traitor to whoever he reports to.
So they both have no other option other then to move forward... well might as well make the most of it and see if we can't get some bonding between these two
Old 2008-04-27, 23:13   Link #423
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
So they both have no other option other then to move forward... well might as well make the most of it and see if we can't get some bonding between these two
xD Maybe Rollo will consider it Bonding.

Lelouch's last line shows that he hates Rollo the most of all - maybe on par with the Emperor.

Nunnally is something that's precious to him in the whole world ( I mean, only family he has and Suzaku sorta betrayed him ) and the fact he forgot her(even with the fact he was geassed) he'll never forgive himself for forgetting her.

Poor Rollo, he's just a rag :P

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:28   Link #424
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

The episode in general was okay.

I approve of Lulu using Rolo and throwing him away (if all goes way) later. Rolo has to pay for replacing Nunnally!
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:30   Link #425
J4Y

J4Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:32   Link #426
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
And yet he's come to value something beyond the mission, beyond himself, and that is also true. It'll be a struggle between the two sides, I have no doubt of that, but you have to acknowledge all the aspects of his character, and if you do you'll also know that this is an opportunity for Rolo to become something more then that, if Lelouch will let him.

From all reasonable standpoints no, but like I said there's more to Rolo's character then just that. Lelouch would also be destroying a person whose whole life has never known compassion or anything of the sort, and now he does and he would destroy whatever hope this character has for things beyond his control. Rolo was a tool his whole life, but he's also a human being. If Lelouch does this then he will be no better then what you accuse Rolo of being, a dangerous, unpredictable, and absolutely ruthless individual. At some point, Lelouch needs to decide if he can be better then this.

I worry about what this plan would cost Lelouch in the end though, an important part of his character that could also spell his doom in far more harmful ways then the risk Rolo presents.
I acknowledge that Rolo wants to have it all - family, friends, freedom, etc. That doesn't necessary means that he's capable to change. People don't change that easily. Les just put aside the image of Lelouches little brother. We know that it’s a lie. Even if he grew to be attached to Lelouch the intentions were different.

You need to understand that he is firstly an enemy. Agent of the Emperor with a mission that mans nothing but harm for Zero. He stole Nannally's identity, he intended to spy and than to kill Lelouch. Now, what you normally do with your enemies? Pat on the back? No, you kill your enemies. The other thing is that he's really confused right now. And that is very dangerous for a person so screwed up mentally.

Must Lelouche really be better than this? I don't think so. Enemy is enemy. Also when someone messes with your family like this you don't give them second chances. Even if Rolo betrays britanians I highly doubt he should be treated easily and without suspicion.

There is an interesting thing going on in CG. Characters are thinking too much especially when this isn't required. Kallen instead of first killing her enemy and helping her superior runs away, now you assumes that Lelouch will pity Rolo instead of thinking about him as of an enemy. That is very unhealthy in war.
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:38   Link #427
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Y View Post

haha she looks so out of character
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:42   Link #428
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

It is good to see that Zero has at least one more ace pilot on his side now. I think we all know that Rolo and his Vincent would go up against Suzaku and the Lancelot; it will be interesting to see how that works out seeing how Suzaku has been establish as the far superior pilot of this series.

From the preview it looks like Li's Knightmare will make its debut. The thing kinda reminds of the Gekiganger type mechs from Nadesico with its long arms.

BTW, can we officially say that Li is on Zero's side or is he just looking out for the interest of his lord?
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:46   Link #429
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
It is good to see that Zero has at least one more ace pilot on his side now. I think we all know that Rolo and his Vincent would go up against Suzaku and the Lancelot; it will be interesting to see how that works out seeing how Suzaku has been establish as the far superior pilot of this series.

From the preview it looks like Li's Knightmare will make its debut. The thing kinda reminds of the Gekiganger type mechs from Nadesico with its long arms.

BTW, can we officially say that Li is on Zero's side or is he just looking out for the interest of his lord?
Li's definitely not on Zero's side. Rolo's geass > Suzaku's hax .. Rolo can pretty much kill anyone and I'll bet he'll have plenty of chances to kill Suzaku but will be stopped by Lelouch.
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 00:03   Link #430
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

arggggg....download faster dammit!!!!!!!@#%@#$%
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 00:17   Link #431
gonzo562

the ending was not surprising i knew that rollo would end up like that
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 00:43   Link #432
kimchipride
Geass User

What a badass episode
However, I felt that this was the weakest episode so far; therefore making it my least favorite episode

Good job at Zero for manipulation and obtaining a queen piece.
No doubt it'll be very useful
Old 2008-04-28, 00:48   Link #433
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I acknowledge that Rolo wants to have it all - family, friends, freedom, etc. That doesn't necessary means that he's capable to change. People don't change that easily. Les just put aside the image of Lelouches little brother. We know that it’s a lie. Even if he grew to be attached to Lelouch the intentions were different.

You need to understand that he is firstly an enemy. Agent of the Emperor with a mission that mans nothing but harm for Zero. He stole Nannally's identity, he intended to spy and than to kill Lelouch. Now, what you normally do with your enemies? Pat on the back? No, you kill your enemies. The other thing is that he's really confused right now. And that is very dangerous for a person so screwed up mentally.

Must Lelouche really be better than this? I don't think so. Enemy is enemy. Also when someone messes with your family like this you don't give them second chances. Even if Rolo betrays britanians I highly doubt he should be treated easily and without suspicion.

There is an interesting thing going on in CG. Characters are thinking too much especially when this isn't required. Kallen instead of first killing her enemy and helping her superior runs away, now you assumes that Lelouch will pity Rolo instead of thinking about him as of an enemy. That is very unhealthy in war.
And now he's given up all of that for his brother. That says something about him, it says he can change. Will it be easy? No, of course not and I wouldn't claim otherwise. But at the very least give him a chance. If he kills Rolo like this, by manipulating and making him give everything up to him only to be carelessly discarded, Lelouch isn't just killing a Britannian agent or an enemy anymore, he's going to kill someone that looks up to him, someone who thinks his existence matters more then anything else. And that is the point where he really won't be much better then Rolo in that regard. He should get a chance, it would be a shame and a waste of what could have been if he doesn't
Old 2008-04-28, 00:53   Link #434
finalnight
Supreme Commander

eunuchs killing got censored, grr, hope we get dvd uncuts.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 00:54   Link #435
FuzzyWuzzy

Ok so it's not time stop. Geeze, can't believe people thought it was time stop at ep 3 even though the water was clearly moving. K this episode was great. It's like the peak of all 4 episodes so episode 5-6 would probably deal with the story more. Anyway, that's what I like, Lelouch OWNING everyone with his mind and not some gundam wannabe like suzaku or rollo.

Lelouch using the shield as a skate board was great.... reminded me of lotr. It made it a little predictable though. I knew he was going to use it like a snowboard.

Well it seems Li gets a little bit more character development. He isn't just some guardian with great martial arts skill who follows orders like a dog, he actually has a mind. That was a surprised to me, I completely misjudged his character.

Villeta gets some screen time too with her feelings for Ougi. Two thumbs up. That was great character and romance development. Lelouch is probably going to use that to his advantage.

I so didn't want Rollo to join but I knew he would. The moment the interview said this season would be more about BKs as an organization and how lelouch would get powerful allies rather than Lelouch owning everyone and doing all the work like Season 1. However, it's still any body's guess on how deep he is going to join or whether he will just help Lelouch every now and then. But the whole Rollo joining Lelouch reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics where Delita uses everyone in order to be king but then he got stab by the girl he likes.

Oh yeah, one more time. It's not time stop. In your face people!
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 00:55   Link #436
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
eunuchs killing got censored, grr, hope we get dvd uncuts.
that was censored? But they showed it impaling his neck before they started zooming in.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 01:06   Link #437
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
WOW. really damn good episode to me. i just saw some of the scene looks familiar compared between S1.

*still looking for some answer bcoz Lelouch will Save Nunnaly. KANARAZU! but still only few episodes aired for the time being, huh......*

and.... Rollo goes CLOCK UP again to me.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-04-28 at 01:20. Reason: re-edit my post
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 01:19   Link #438
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post

I agree and disagree somewhat. First, I do agree that Rollo is confused but I do believe that he hasn't joined the BKs yet. I don't believe this whole Rollo situation is about change or that Rollo wants to change. It is most likely that in the future he is just going with the flow and he is trying to find resolve before he takes action- whether join Zero or kill him.

In episode 4, Zero saved Rollo's life in Rollo's eyes. Rollo is currently in conflict with his emotions and most of all his sense of morality which is his sense of right and wrong. He had to save Zero because he can't allow someone to kill Zero who just saved his life. I don't think I can explain the emotion fully but hopefully you guys have an idea. Rollo saved Lelouch because he thought it is the right thing to do but at the same time he betrayed Brittania which is the wrong thing to do. He is also confuse because he now feels loyalty for Lelouch because of family reasons but at the same time he knows Lelouch is a criminal responsible for hundreds or thousands of deaths and he needs to be punished for his crimes.

So right now, Rollo is still confuse. He needs to resolve things inside him so he will just go with the flow until he finds resolve. He will not pledge full loyalty to Lelouch but at the same time, he will not allow the Brittanians to hurt him. He still doesn't know whether to kill Lelouch or join him.

When or if Rollo fully pledge loyalty to zero, then that's going to be about change. The beginning of change for Rollo. But right now, I believe it's about resolve.

Edit:

I didn't read the last 20 pages but I hate to burst most of the people's bubbles but Rollo has emotions. He is a professional killer. He doesn't feel anything when he kills someone. He is cold blooded. But his current mission, he got too attached. He formed a bond with Lelouch, although we know it is one way only. You guys need to watch more action movies where professional killer for XX years develop emotional attachment to a child or girl like bourne identity or something.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2008-04-28 at 01:36.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 01:54   Link #439
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Lelouch is really evil at the end. He was more honorable in season 1.

Lelouch broke Rolo. It is time to analyze what kind of bond does Rolo have with brittainia and is it stronger than his yearning for a future - a future Lelouch promised him. Don't forget Lelouch just "saved his life" a sign of love that apparently Rolo has never experienced.

I hope Lelouch will make Rolo sane and eventually develope a real bond with the poor kid.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-04-28 at 02:10.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 01:59   Link #440
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Lelouch is really evil at the end. He was more honorable in season 1.
At least he didn't lie to himself that what he doing is not evil, somethign that Light and Suzaku failed to do.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote