Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-23, 19:10   Link #21
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
From what we've seen everybody rates her too highly. She claims to be weaker than Byakuya (Probably not if she goes all out with shunku etc) she injured herself bad enough to be wrapped in bandages from attacking Yami (Who Bankai Ichigo could defeat quite easily) and then after her little exchange with Yami she needed Urahara to deflect his Cero.
Verdict - Above average Captain at best, below the likes Ukitake and Shunsui
She hit him with her bare fist, Ichigo had a fully transformed sword, I don't think that's a good comparison for her strength.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-06-23, 22:16   Link #22
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I think yoruichi saying she's weaker than byakuya only means she is a little weaker than byakuya. Despite being weaker than byakuya, remember that byakuya is really strong, even stronger than ichigo w/o hollow, thus its not so surprising she's weaker than byakuya.

Also, she might have said that at that time due to consideration of her own status, having not fought for a long time, she was probably not at full power ( remember her statement that she was exhausted after using shunpo, as compared to before ).
Old 2008-09-26, 16:01   Link #23
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
It is usually those with power who love peace such as Shunsui, Ukitake, Unohana, Orihime, Urahara, Yoruichi and Yamamoto, but those who do not have it continue to fight.

I may be biased but I think Yoruichi and Urahara are both way stronger than people might think. Yoruichi for example went into the fight with Yammi without bothering to use shunko, a zanpakuto, or bankai. From that I think that she must not have to use more than that to defeat most enemies. If you were able to beat almost everyone you previously fought at a minimum of your power, why would you do more than that? Now that she knows what she is up against, I'm sure she won't hold back in her next battle if she goes up against an Espada again (like Halibel, perhaps? )

Anyone who is also a fan of Claymore will understand, but I think Yoruichi is like the Teresa of Bleach (except hopefully without Teresa's fate).
Old 2008-09-26, 16:22   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I doub't she's stronger than Halibel, soi fong will prob help her and such.
Old 2008-09-26, 16:29   Link #25
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

I think it's more likely that Soi Fon will start fighting Halibel and need Yoruichi's help on it. Yoruichi seemed like she got beat by Soi Fon in the first half of their fight, but I think she wasn't taking it seriously, and the moment she started to (when she showed off her shunko and then negated Soi's attack with her hanki), she outclassed Soi very easily.

Of course, if Yoruichi is still in the real Karakura Town in Soul Society, it may be that she doesn't show up to this particular fight at all.
Old 2008-09-26, 19:01   Link #26
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I just want to see Soi Fon about to get her head chopped off and Yoruichi stopping it with shunko focused in her arms just to say: 'Are you getting beat around this much...Soi Fon?' smile at her and Soi Fon quietly mutter: 'Yoruichi-sama....'

Also you guys you should put those in spoiler tags

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-09-26, 20:17   Link #27
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, she's certainly stronger than Soifon, who is captain class. I'm not sure she's stronger than say Byakuya, and she is probably weaker than some of the captains, but I don't think she is on the lower end of the strength scale.
Old 2008-09-27, 00:14   Link #28
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Anyone who is also a fan of Claymore will understand, but I think Yoruichi is like the Teresa of Bleach (except hopefully without Teresa's fate).
Lol Teresa was as good or almost as good as anyone in all forms of combat. She was more like Aizen than Yourichi.
Old 2008-09-27, 02:14   Link #29
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Oh, comments added so some people don't get mistaken just because they can't comprehend ^_^.

Yeah... yoruichi sadly isn't even close to teresa's awesomeness =3. Maybe Miria/Irene level. She's up there, for sure, but she's not a superpower or anything of that level. Among the captains alone though, she's probably upper tier. Well, i hope that yoruichi will join the fight(The winter war!!! The fight between SS and HM! Has any other fight been announced?), but as if SS wasn't already outnumbering team aizen like mad (Psst. SS has 10 captains and 14 vice captains. Aizen has 3 captains and 10 espada, 2 of which are out of commision, last time i checked). And we know for sure now, contrary to before, the fraccion won't be able to take the captains on. (Remember grimmjow's fraccion? The one that got defeated by rukia, the unseated one? The ones that got defeated by a 3rd seat and a vice captain? The ones that got defeated by a low-tier captain? Remember szayel's fraccion? The one who szayel ate for supper? Now, what?)

Last edited by Scep; 2008-09-27 at 10:50.
Old 2008-09-27, 04:03   Link #30
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Yeah I guess it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

There's too much we haven't seen, though. I hope she does get to fight someone (who isn't Soi Fon) in this arc so we can see what she's really capable of.
Old 2008-09-27, 04:19   Link #31
[MrSonic]

Send a message via ICQ to [MrSonic]
Above than average captain-lvl.
Weaker than Yamamoto, Aizen, Shunsui, Ukitake, Unohana, Urahara, [possibly] Gin, 1-4 Espada.
Old 2008-09-27, 06:52   Link #32
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukia82 View Post
but that is probably cause she was not in shape (after 100 years :P)

yea man, look at her, she is OBESE!

lol and yea, to have an excuse as to why this post is here in the first place, here's me contributing to the thread a lil.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-09-30, 10:31   Link #33
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would put her right below Yamaji Uno Aizen Shusnhui and Uki . I have put her below Kyo and Uki as nothing is known about her zanpakuto and its to early to speculate . Regarding Halibel I think Yoru is stronger going by the polar opposite rule .

Spoiler for Manga / Polar opp:

I think she is underrated a prime example would be the Yammi fight . Yoru fought without shikai or bankai or even a zanpakuto against a hybridized Adjucas Yammi . People generally tend to forget the zanapkuto part
Old 2008-09-30, 13:07   Link #34
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I think she is underrated a prime example would be the Yammi fight . Yoru fought without shikai or bankai or even a zanpakuto against a hybridized Adjucas Yammi . People generally tend to forget the zanapkuto part
Not only did she not fight with a zanpakuto or even shunko, but it was considered a win as far as I know, since Ulquiorra stopped Yammy from fighting, and then said this.

(Chapter 195)
Ulquiorra: These two are Urahara Kisuke and Shihouin Yoruichi. They're far beyond your level. At this rate...we'll lose unless...we escape.
Old 2008-09-30, 13:35   Link #35
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Not only did she not fight with a zanpakuto or even shunko, but it was considered a win as far as I know, since Ulquiorra stopped Yammy from fighting, and then said this.

(Chapter 195)
Ulquiorra: These two are Urahara Kisuke and Shihouin Yoruichi. They're far beyond your level. At this rate...we'll lose unless...we escape.
Didnt think he said that first so i had to read it again and true enough he says that, surprised me that he did. What confused me more is what he says afterwards:

"You two, who have to protect your wounded partners and still fight against myself...The odds are terrible"

Either he gained alot of confidence during those seconds or he just didnt mean what he said earlier, dont know what to beleive
Old 2008-09-30, 15:09   Link #36
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
She was once a CAPTAIN. and the Special Forces Commander
Exactly, both, for a long time, even before Urahara became Captain, and Byakuya was still a child.

Quote:
probably she is as strong as Ukitake and shunsui
That's what I'm thinking... she didn't even got serious using Shunkou against Soi Fon

so... yes

Quote:
"You two, who have to protect your wounded partners and still fight against myself...The odds are terrible"

Either he gained alot of confidence during those seconds or he just didnt mean what he said earlier, dont know what to beleive
That doesn't conflict. They are both way stronger... but if you have to protect someone well... it's pretty much useless unless you one-hit-kill him/her...
Old 2008-09-30, 15:49   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Fighting against someone while proetcting people is a lot harder . The enemy can always attack those your protecting to gain the upper hand . Your at a quite disadvantage thats what Ulqi was talking about
Old 2008-09-30, 17:16   Link #38
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

I also assume this is what she was thinking when she met up with Byakuya.

However this is a narrative not the real world. The fact that she hasn't used her sword at all yet goes a long way to suggesting she'll be very badass later, as does the fact that she got hurt in a fight only by underestimating a factor of force, that stuff only happens to the pros (an example in Bleach is when Ichigo crushes his own bones).

That said she is a woman, if this was Kishimoto it would mean we could rules her out from outperforming an man ever. However Tite seems not to have the same stance, though I do think she'll mainly fight big, strong, tough looking guys (who won't have the same skill as the bishie boys and therefore won't have the same "power level". This will hype her up and she should come out relatively unhurt.) or against other women (who won't look like assholes for going all out against her).

Then again Nell set an interesting precedent, and Rukia thought well against her Espada.

Personally I think it's more interesting to look at the writers style and techniques that they use instead of "power levels" or whatever you kids are calling it these days but that's just me.
Old 2008-09-30, 17:45   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I just want to see Soi Fon about to get her head chopped off and Yoruichi stopping it with shunko focused in her arms just to say: 'Are you getting beat around this much...Soi Fon?' smile at her and Soi Fon quietly mutter: 'Yoruichi-sama....'

Also you guys you should put those in spoiler tags
I think I would Puke a bit if that happen, Thats like... more lame than when Rukia pops out of no where to save Ichigo.
Old 2008-09-30, 18:04   Link #40
Lendial

I would say she could tie the top 4 SS captains because she is uruhara's love kitty. uruhara, being the only one who seems to be on equal level with aizen in terms of knowledge of the plot.
Closed Thread