Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-12, 04:45   Link #141
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Very true. Aizen has a whooping coming to him for having Hiyori cut down so callously.
Old 2008-10-12, 05:33   Link #142
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Okay let me put this in a context everyone will understand. Hitsugaya is WEAK and he is fighting one of the top 3!!! ESPADA!. if he had trouble fighting a god damn arrancar then he is as good as dead, even if he comes up with anything now it would be pointless for him to win. if kubo brings something out of his arse and the little brat wins, i am going to give up in bleach.
Old 2008-10-12, 05:39   Link #143
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Halibel should just end this quick to get Hitsu outta the way. Now, unless Soifon ends just as quickly we won't be getting the catfight we've been waiting for.
Old 2008-10-12, 07:32   Link #144
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
Okay let me put this in a context everyone will understand. Hitsugaya is WEAK and he is fighting one of the top 3!!! ESPADA!. if he had trouble fighting a god damn arrancar then he is as good as dead, even if he comes up with anything now it would be pointless for him to win. if kubo brings something out of his arse and the little brat wins, i am going to give up in bleach.
let the countdown begin
Old 2008-10-12, 09:52   Link #145
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
He's strong for what you consider the Hitsugaya case to be
Which doesn't say much since he's not that strong ^_^

Quote:
Besides, the logic that Hitsugaya is weak because he got defeated by Aizen and had trouble defeating a Fraccion is flat-out flawed...By that sort of mentality, I could say that Byakuya is weak because he got defeated by a Substitute Soul Reaper, Ichigo
Hitsu vs Shawlong compared to the best fight in Bleach to date?
Ichigo fought on par with Byakuya...something Hitsu can never do...

He was getting owned. If not for lifting of limiter he wouldn't have beat Shaw Long.

His bankai isn't developed. Reason I do not see him as genius. Geniuses are ahead of their time.

Quote:
Guess what? Characters win some, characters lose some; Nobody's perfect...
I partially agree with you. No one is perfect;a win is win. But if two scrubs have a fight and one wins. Won't he still be a scrub?

Just because there is a winner it does not make the winner strong. If they were both trash to begin with. There are WINS and then there wins. Hitsu falls in the latter.
Quote:
..Luppi was overconfident, but still had an advantage since his released form gave him multiple tentacles and the ability to combat multiple people all at once, so an entire group would still have trouble ganging up on Luppi...
I can't understand how luppi owned them either. That whats why I think he's weak. And he couldn't do shit against Yammy either
Quote:

You know what I think is the flaw with the haters are? The expectation of perfection...It's one thing to see the good guys win most of the time; That's just shounen law, because the protagonists have a reputation to sustain...But it's also interesting when the protagonists actually have to struggle in order to achieve victory; It gives a sense of character that shows they're not a perfect god...
There is imperfection then there is ...This guy is just not strong.

He keeps being pit against characters and PHAILS every time! how could a win against a #3-1 Fraccion be believable? Where did he get this awesome power from?

I enjoyed Byakuya's fight because his win was the most believable. Even if they did that "I am more arrogant than you! No I am " thing for a few chapters.

There is a difference between that was hard fight and you got your ass whipped.

Again Hitsu is the latter...
Quote:
Jesus, give Toshiro a break...
No...jk

On topic O_o... Didn't Barrigan break that chair?
Old 2008-10-12, 10:15   Link #146
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
*kyon*

Whatever...I guess I'm one of the few unbiased people that'll give lil' Toshiro the benefit of the doubt...

In either case, we don't know what kind of powers or fighting techniques either of the last 3 Espada have on hand, so it could really go either way for anyone...And now that I think about it, the same could probably be said of Kyoraku and Ukitake since we've never really seen what they fight like and what their zanpaktou's powers are...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-10-12, 10:29   Link #147
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I still think it's too early to be so sure about anyone in particular winning, at this point. We don't even know what Halibel or Stark can do since we've never actually seen them fight. We're only guessing that the Stark/Shunsui match is good and the Halibel/Hitsugaya match is bad based on their personalities and perceived amount of experience. And even then, how much of Halibel have we seen to know whether her personality is similar to Hitsugaya's? Halibel's only had like, five lines or something.
Old 2008-10-12, 12:29   Link #148
lequory
People hate good theories

Imma say this just because your a genius does not mean that you were able to tap into 100% of your powers. It just means you were able to attain powers that normally takes someone years to attain.

Toshiro had a shikai before he entered the academy which is why he is considered a genius. Don't believe me read the flashback chapter on him.
Old 2008-10-12, 12:58   Link #149
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
Ever heard of power increase? It happens and I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case for Hitsuguya right now.

Also, I like the battle setups.
Shunsui vs Stark: Very good match up, two players are alike but Shunsui will win.
Halibel vs Hitsuguya: Hitsuguya should display something new here.
Soi-Fong vs a Fraccion?: Soi-fong should vaporize whoever is in front of her. I am ready to see her Bankai!!

Ukitake isn't fighting anyone. I am guessing he might fight Barragan once these people are finished and Yama will fight Aizen or this whole scenario could get messed up with the Vaizards coming in.
I see no reason for the Vaizards helping Aizen out. Yes they are in debt to Aizen but the only thing they owe Aizen is an ass whooping, ROYALLY. The Vaizards will fight against Aizen and company but they will not do it for Soul Society.

Anything can happen people, the real battle has come!
Old 2008-10-12, 16:16   Link #150
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Yama will fight Aizen or this whole scenario could get messed up with the Vaizards coming in.
I see no reason for the Vaizards helping Aizen out. Yes they are in debt to Aizen but the only thing they owe Aizen is an ass whooping, ROYALLY. The Vaizards will fight against Aizen and company but they will not do it for Soul Society.
I like that scenario , I want Vizards to oppose SS too . Like a third front who have taken part in the war to further there goals . Vizards helping SS is predictable I wouldnt mind Vizards siding with SS during the Fake Karakura Arc though . But after that I would like to see them oppose SS .To begin with even Urahara was opposing SS we wouldnt have had seen SS arc . Now he has become a mere tool in hands of SS . So yes I get delighted by the idea of Vizards opposing SS after Fake Karkura Arc .We do need Villain with there own unknown agenda .

If Vizards begin and end with SS's extended Comrades the whole Pendulum arc would be useless/pointless. It would be like a teaser for nothing . Pretty much on the lines of Kishi giving a Junchuriki color spread now .
Old 2008-10-12, 17:15   Link #151
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
thats a waste of a fight for halibel seriously, toshiro is a fkn scrub as far as im concern, and rangiku v 3 fraccions? in most of her fights in the past, shes been crap.
Damn right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Wow.. I can't believe a whole chapter was devoted to them picking who to fight...
And even more Damn Right...

I'm starting to feel more understood now...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-12, 17:47   Link #152
Alchemist007
*Author

Who said they have to stand a chance? After all the vizards have yet to appear, who will probably help out or something.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:35   Link #153
epyon96

Kubotite thus far has shown he is unable to show characters beyond one fight without inconsistencies exploding in your face.

The discussion of Hitsugaya Toshiro does not need to extend any further than that. Say all you want about him but don't forget that Byakuya and Kenpachi has shown huge inconsistencies with their power in light of their recent Espada fights. How can Ichigo match Kenpachi in power back without bankai but Kenpachi can so easily overpower (through sheer force alone, no tricks) a 5th espada. Ichigo with Vizard power clearly shown that he was about just a bit stronger than 6th espada, Grimjaww. I don't buy how Kenpachi can be stronger than Vizard Ichigo in that short period of time.

It is a huge disappointment seeing as Bleach used to be a favorite manga/anime but has degraded to this level this far into the manga.

Epyon

Last edited by epyon96; 2008-10-12 at 22:39.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:12   Link #154
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
It is a huge disappointment seeing as Bleach used to be a favorite manga/anime but has degraded to this level this far into the manga.
Bleach only worked properly up until the end of the Soul Society arc, it was actually properly planned, and had good development.

After that it was impossible to keep it running well without breaking the standard shounen format, Ichigo was just too competent, you felt like he was only one good power up from smacking Aizen like he smacked Renji.

Our only hope is for Kubo to reboot Bleach as a high school romance, with the captains as teachers and 11th squad as some kind of biker gang.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:35   Link #155
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
thats a waste of a fight for halibel seriously, toshiro is a fkn scrub as far as im concern, and rangiku v 3 fraccions? in most of her fights in the past, shes been crap.
Outside of anime filler, how exactly has she been crap? She saved Hianmori's life from Gin (something Captain Hitsu didn't accomplish). She kicked Kira's butt and easily defeated the Grimmjow fraccion she faced in Arrancar arc. She even held his foot while she was discussing the limit release on her phone. Against Luppi too, it could be speculated she deliberately distracted him until her captain could recover.

True, she's a VC, so she's not going to be pawning any espada anytime soon. But as far as VCs go, she's been very successful. I can't recall her ever being taken out...
Old 2008-10-12, 23:49   Link #156
jelome1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I like that scenario , I want Vizards to oppose SS too . Like a third front who have taken part in the war to further there goals . Vizards helping SS is predictable I wouldnt mind Vizards siding with SS during the Fake Karakura Arc though . But after that I would like to see them oppose SS .To begin with even Urahara was opposing SS we wouldnt have had seen SS arc . Now he has become a mere tool in hands of SS . So yes I get delighted by the idea of Vizards opposing SS after Fake Karkura Arc .We do need Villain with there own unknown agenda .

If Vizards begin and end with SS's extended Comrades the whole Pendulum arc would be useless/pointless. It would be like a teaser for nothing . Pretty much on the lines of Kishi giving a Junchuriki color spread now .
that's right. I want the same thing and look forward to it ^^. its still unclear what are the vizards' intentions though.

For now, no one's helping anyone. They're fighting for themselves.
the SS Captains are fighting to protect SS,
Vizards are fighting for themselves,
Ichigo and co. are fighting for Inoue

Everbody's doing their thing.

the one thing that they do common:
They all fight against Aizen.

for now, Aizen and co. are the priority targets.
Save the others later.

Last edited by jelome1989; 2008-10-13 at 04:29.
Old 2008-10-13, 02:28   Link #157
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for The most expression I've ever seen on Yamamoto's face:

Old 2008-10-13, 03:13   Link #158
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
His bankai isn't developed. Reason I do not see him as genius. Geniuses are ahead of their time.
youngest captain ever, I'd say that's pretty far ahead of his time.
Old 2008-10-13, 03:46   Link #159
lucasd

Old espada is so stupid, even after seeing defeat of his "dragons" he still don't want to fight...
Old 2008-10-13, 04:50   Link #160
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
youngest captain ever, I'd say that's pretty far ahead of his time.

He's called a prodigy but doesn't fight like one...
Anyone think Barrigan is # 1?
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion