Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-30, 18:41   Link #81
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I don't hate Hitsugaya he has the potential to be a much better character...if someone like Kishi or the person who writes Soul Eater, Code Geass, Gundam, Air Gear, Tsubasa or Death Note wrote Bleach but Kubo makes the characters so simplistic.

I mean Ichigo is just the guy who wants to save his friends, Rukia is the tough love female who can also act as a computer or cheerleader, Orihime is the quiet healer who worries alot, Chad is the strong and resilient one who dies alot, Ishida is the smart, calm long ranged attacker. By reading 1 chapter with any of these guys here and you can tell what type they are. Oh yeah Hitsu is the cold, arrogant, genius.

His backstory is lame, he lived with Momo, then Momo left he started to hear voices, he met Matsu then he met hyonmaru and then he became a Shinigami then he became a captain, could have at least made it more interesting like he was alone and was alone all his life until he met Momo who he befriended before she left and he was left alone again. That would be much better IMO than the story he has now.

Also Aizen's bankai is the ultimate offensive magick in Final Fantasy VII....Meteor!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-10-30, 19:04   Link #82
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
These days it seems like a lot of characters in Bleach have the potential to be better, but unfortunatly aren't.

edit: Aizen versus God anyone? That might be a fair fight.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2008-10-30 at 19:44.
Old 2008-10-30, 22:43   Link #83
viperx116

When are these filler chapters going to be over?
Old 2008-10-30, 22:51   Link #84
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
These days it seems like a lot of characters in Bleach have the potential to be better, but unfortunatly aren't.
Partly it's because the cast is too huge and he can't focus on anyone set of them for any length of time. If I were him I'd definitely kill off some of the cast just to make room for the vizards and such, but for that to not result in a lot of wasted time in set ups he'd have to resolve a lot of the issues a lot faster (Kira+Matsumuto and Gin, Shuuhei and Tousen+Kensei) but lots of those could only be done after the whole Aizen betrayel was dealt with.

Probably he'll have to just man up and ignore large parts of the cast, and stop trying to keep everyone happy. And he'd do himself a huge favour if he killed off most of the vizards in a badass way (something I'd be loathe to see him do as Lisa would almost certainly be amongst the first to fall). It would also end the whole "nobody dies in Bleach" thing.

I do think he's spent a bit too long on these fights, most of the speculation for these characters before came from the soul society arc where most of their fights (if they got any) only got at most a page here and there.
Old 2008-10-30, 23:31   Link #85
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Soi Fon's opponent is a dude? And the aren't evenly matched... she hasnt released Bankai yet..
Old 2008-10-30, 23:35   Link #86
iamthatguy
Banned

What a lame excuse to hold back.. What if those teeth actually hit both of her arms instead of her shirt, would she still gloat at the end?

I wondered what K.Oed the Elephant arrancer.
Old 2008-10-30, 23:56   Link #87
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthatguy View Post
What a lame excuse to hold back.. What if those teeth actually hit both of her arms instead of her shirt, would she still gloat at the end?

I wondered what K.Oed the Elephant arrancer.
Falling masonry from Soi Fon getting bitch slapped around.

Also, you just pointed out a flaw with every shounen show ever, everyone likes to arse around instead of just killing the other guy, maybe not to Ikkaku's extent but to some degree nevertheless.

What if Ichigo had taken an unlucky blow to the head from Dordonni/Byakuya/Grimjow before he released his bankai?

It just goes with the genre.
Old 2008-10-31, 00:23   Link #88
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formely_anon View Post
Also, you just pointed out a flaw with every shounen show ever, everyone likes to arse around instead of just killing the other guy, maybe not to Ikkaku's extent but to some degree nevertheless.
Rukia don't.

Only against D-Roy though. And she had an excuse against Espada 9... it still counts though! Dx
Old 2008-10-31, 00:48   Link #89
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
When are these filler chapters going to be over?
How are they filler? Manga isn't filler. Just because it's something you don't like doesn't mean it's filler.
Old 2008-10-31, 01:30   Link #90
swordfinder
10th Division

proud soifon allowed herself to get bitch slapped to prepare for the espadas?
wow, that's new.

if she's so damn skilled, why not just avoid the attacks?
Old 2008-10-31, 02:22   Link #91
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

she's a masochist?
Old 2008-10-31, 02:25   Link #92
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooru View Post
Soifon: My shikai's special ability - a sure death in two hits!
Vega: Oh my god, really?
Soifon: Yeah, I think so!
Vega: .....You....think so?
Soifon: Well I've never actually managed to pull it off, so it's pure speculation....

Ahah, reminds me of the Scorpio gold saint who never actually performs his ultimate attack Antares (IIRC). It's always
"taste my one hit kill Antares now that I've hit you 13 times to prepare for it"
*hits
*enemy doesn't die
"just kidding"
I believe he doesn't know how to do Antares

Anyway, I'm pretty sad to see this many pages of Omaeda foolishness over these last two chapters instead of some, too rare, Taijutsu goodness.

Moreover, as it's been said, Soi Fon letting herself being beaten 'just too check' is so out of character that it's not funny.
Old 2008-10-31, 02:44   Link #93
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Man, Soi Fon looked like a real idiot. It's not just that she was holding back. At least when Kenpachi and Ikkaku hold back against their opponents, they don't fake that they were being entirely rational. They're risking losing by not going all out, and they accept that for the thrill(in Kenpachi's case) and the secrecy (in Ikkaku's).

Soi Fong on the other hand pretends to be completely in control and cool. After Omaeda stopped Vega from delivering a killing blow, she had to say "who asked for your help?" and "I just wanted to see a fraccion release". I'd even have forgiven that if she'd meant that she'd rather die than accept anyone's help ( without denying she was in a tight spot ). But to pretend she was perfectly fine is the height of arrogance.

The other captains are busy fighting espada at the same time, and she wants to pussyfoot around with a fraccion? I really hope she gets killed sooner or later now. And if she has any sense of honour, she should repay her debt to Omaeda for saving her. Preferably by shaving all his back. It would be an ugly, horrible fate, but she deserves no less.

Ahem. Apologies to Soi Fon fans for this much hate. As a former fan myself, I'm just really peeved at her for the massive let down.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-10-31 at 03:05.
Old 2008-10-31, 02:59   Link #94
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post

Aww man...but I STILL mourn the fact that Halibel is being matched against Hitsugaya. These rabid, horny fangirls are really annoying. I bet they just sit and drool at the monitor everytime that pathetic excuse for a captain unsheaths his HAX noobish sword and does Bankai...even if the opponent is a fraccin. Even if it lowers the rep of the captains in general. Even if it makes all of Soul Soc look like piss on a sidewalk.
You know, after following the weekly threads for a while, I can't help wondering how did Hitsugaya end up as #1 at the latest character poll. Everybody who posts here seems to hate him. I mean, if he really has so many fangirls, then where are they? Are they afraid they'll get slaughtered if they show up here, where there's so much hatred for their white-haired idol. If they are indeed so many, then I see no reason for them to worry.

Oh, and also, for the record, Soi Fong really sucks. I never liked her too much, but she did not bother me either, but after the latest chapter I'm simply disgusted by her behavior. She just wanted to see a fraccion release Give me a break, that's like the epitome of arrogance. I never thought I'd see someone stupider than Ikkaku, but tonight I've been proven wrong.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:03   Link #95
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Man, Soi Fon looked like a real idiot. It's not just that she was holding back. At least when Kenpachi and Ikkaku hold back against their opponents, they don't fake that they were being entirely rational. They're taking a risk by not going all out, and they don't deny it.

Soi Fong on the other hand pretends to be completely in control and cool. After Omaeda stopped Vega from delivering a killing blow, she had to say "who asked for your help?" and "I just wanted to see a fraccion release". I'd even have forgiven her if she said she'd rather die than accept anyone's help, without denying she was in a tight spot. But to pretend she was perfectly fine is the height of arrogance.

The other captains are busy fighting espada at the same time, and she wants to pussyfoot around with a fraccion? I really hope she gets killed sooner or later now. And if she has any sense of honour, she should repay her debt to Omaeda for saving her. Preferably shaving his back. It would be an ugly, horrible fate, but she deserves no less.

Ahem. Apologies to Soi Fon fans for this much hate. As a former fan myself, I'm just really peeved at her for the massive let down.
Soi Fon has a Vegeta complex? "NOBODY ASKED FOR YOUR HELP YOU CLOWN!"
Old 2008-10-31, 03:06   Link #96
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Yeah, especially since she had to already have seen an Arrancar release when Po released. I mean, how could you miss Po's release? Seriously. Unless she specifically wanted to fight a released Arrancar herself, and not just see it.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:08   Link #97
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Agreed. If she was that eager, she should have taken out vega right away and helped out one of the other captains with his espada fight. On the bright side, I'm hopeful Yoruichi will do her a favor like Iba did for Ikkaku, and beat some sense into her head.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:17   Link #98
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

I'd love to see Yoruichi, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon unless it's a flashback.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:20   Link #99
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I'd love to see Yoruichi, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon unless it's a flashback.
She might show up if the Vaizards show up. We don't even know on whose side they'll be fighting and Aizen probably has another trick hidden up his sleeve, as usual. Thus, she will have stuff to do if she shows up.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:41   Link #100
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

I meant a long time in real-time. In story-time, it probably won't be long, but as long as Kubo is stretching this out in real-time, it could be months before we see anyone other than those in fake K-Town.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion