AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-20, 20:01   Link #5581
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Light novel sales for this week:

This week sales/Total sales

Quote:
*1, 44,465 *,149,408 Toaru Majutsu no Index vol.22
*2, 29,657 *,*67,286 Kino no Tabi: the Beautiful World vol.14
*3, 26,848 1,045,667 Moshidora
*4, 17,514 *,*17,514 Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson vol.9
*5, 12,414 *,*47,022 Accel World vol.6
*6, 12,023 *,*90,224 Shinrei Tantei Yakumo vol.6 Part 2
*7, 11,819 *,*91,911 Shinrei Tantei Yakumo vol.6 Part 1
*8, 10,596 *,183,578 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.1
*9, *8,814 *,157,151 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.2
10, *8,684 *,*29,038 Ro Kyu Bu! vol.6

I also see that Oreimo anime has boosted its vol 1 and 2 sales.
Old 2010-10-20, 20:04   Link #5582
yuiichi9

I think accelerator rehabilitation would be faster if he take a bath with his 2 female guardians . I wonder if some day he will have a steady girlfriend. It would be funny if in the final fight between touma and aleister, touma awakens and the entity inside of him happen to be lucifer then lucifer said to aleister just as planned another minion for my army . After shiage finish all the things he is going to do. If mugino could be cure and fall in love with him then maybe she would treat him like a tsundere or tease him either way he is going to have a rough future ahead of him . I think the queen could change the personality of aleister but that won't happen because that would be the end of the novel. I think the author should create a faction where only females are the members and males aren't allow to join. I know there is ITEM but with all the things they had going through some people think there are no longer a team.
Old 2010-10-20, 20:04   Link #5583
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
anyone know what novel index accidentally kissed touma?
Volume 9 when she was changing into her cheerleading outfit. By vol 10 she was suffering from the 'after-effects'
Old 2010-10-20, 21:15   Link #5584
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Volume 9 when she was changing into her cheerleading outfit. By vol 10 she was suffering from the 'after-effects'
lol. I didnt read that part since he doesnt give a big reaction to it

i hope i see it in this season

Also, Got a question. Whats the relationship between Misaka Worst and accelerator. Like how does she treat him?

Last edited by NightWish; 2010-10-21 at 05:41. Reason: merged; here we prefer you to compose your thoughts in a single post, not a succession of short comments
Old 2010-10-20, 21:30   Link #5585
TheGiraffeStar
Room Full Of Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Also, Got a question. Whats the relationship between Misaka Worst and accelerator. Like how does she treat him?
I think they are like friendly enemies after he goes rampage on her in Vol.21. After that she sticks with him the next volume when accelerator suggests a way to disconnect her to the MISAKA network using the remnants of Mayday Of Darkness project I think? (The project Saiai was into)

Sorry for the bad english D:

Last edited by TheGiraffeStar; 2010-10-20 at 21:47.
Old 2010-10-20, 21:51   Link #5586
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could someone explain to me how the rankings and levels of espers in Academy City are determined? I read an explanation in a previous post, but it wasn't very clear.
Old 2010-10-20, 21:58   Link #5587
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Could someone explain to me how the rankings and levels of espers in Academy City are determined? I read an explanation in a previous post, but it wasn't very clear.
By how useful they are to Aleister's plans.....all predetermined from the start...
Old 2010-10-20, 22:01   Link #5588
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I don't think it's magical as in the ability of magic, but magical as in a 'wonderful character' like the magic words at the dinner table are please and thank you. I don't know- that's just the vibe I'm getting from the Author, because Touma is a really rare character
Yes, that's what I meant to say - but I couldn't find a better word than 'Magical' ^^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Spoiler:

There.....spent a considerable amount of time from my leave translating that......srsly, translation is far far harder than just reading...

Thank god for leave periods....
I'll go through that later maybe when I get to it - I'm currently working on Ch12 as well on Baka-Tsuki.

And Part 3 of Ch12 has just been done by me, go ahead and check it out:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_12#Part_3
Old 2010-10-20, 22:16   Link #5589
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yes, that's what I meant to say - but I couldn't find a better word than 'Magical' ^^;

I'll go through that later maybe when I get to it - I'm currently working on Ch12 as well on Baka-Tsuki.

And Part 3 of Ch12 has just been done by me, go ahead and check it out:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_12#Part_3
Ah thanks for that
Old 2010-10-20, 23:58   Link #5590
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, I know this is abit random but I think I might have found out by accident what was that 40km flaming sword that Fiamma had summoned.

God seeking to deter Adam and Eve from returning to the Garden of Eden, "placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim and a flaming sword which turned every way." By some accounts, the Cherubim are replaced with the Archangel Michael, who wields a similar weapon.
Old 2010-10-21, 00:41   Link #5591
Flere821
Lurker

*loud sigh* Alright, I pushed myself into completing Part 7 of Vol22 Ch12 just then, after Cosmic Eagle went and did some of the work. I feel like taking a brea~k...
*collapses*

Here it is:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_12#Part_7
Old 2010-10-21, 01:53   Link #5592
tsunade666

Wow talking about fast paced translation. I just slept and theirs tons of updates.

EDIT:

after reading it..... it's really good in translation and easily to be understood.

Thanks for the translation

and at the end

welcoming death....

I wonder if Touma is the God reincarnated on Earth.

Though why the hostility?

The welcome of death just reminds me of the death of son of god.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-21 at 02:30.
Old 2010-10-21, 08:15   Link #5593
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

I'm kinda wishing that Index story gets a bit darker after this.

Touma's death should be a reason enough to get at least Index and Mikoto goes emo and everything.

Accelerator should get a terrible shock too from hearing that his eternal rival has died.

When's Volume 23 release???

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Old 2010-10-21, 08:40   Link #5594
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, I know this is abit random but I think I might have found out by accident what was that 40km flaming sword that Fiamma had summoned.

God seeking to deter Adam and Eve from returning to the Garden of Eden, "placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim and a flaming sword which turned every way." By some accounts, the Cherubim are replaced with the Archangel Michael, who wields a similar weapon.
So it really is that sword....

Actually...he really loves swords...much of his battle with Touma has that Third Arm wielding a sword of some kind...
Old 2010-10-21, 09:05   Link #5595
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Spoiler:

There.....spent a considerable amount of time from my leave translating that......srsly, translation is far far harder than just reading...

Thank god for leave periods....
This makes me think that when its animated someone voiced by May'n will stand up and do a cover of Diamond CREVASSE (Michael Blanc version) as Touma charges towards his destiny.

The epicness cannot be understated.
Old 2010-10-21, 09:53   Link #5596
tsunade666

diamon crevasse? Macross frontier?

I wish their would be a great back ground song accompanying the epicness of the scene.
Old 2010-10-21, 11:19   Link #5597
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well i suppose that if touma keeps his mind intact after stopping the second impact, that would trigger some change in him, he migth now coe back as a villain(maybe he was all along )

also after mikoto found about the sisters project, she wen very crazy destroying all the research facilities, this migth trigger her to go rougue on AC.
Old 2010-10-21, 12:04   Link #5598
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well i suppose that if touma keeps his mind intact after stopping the second impact, that would trigger some change in him, he migth now coe back as a villain(maybe he was all along )

also after mikoto found about the sisters project, she went very crazy destroying all the research facilities, this migth trigger her to go rougue on AC.
She has not enough reasons to go against A.C. her friends are there, if Academy City collapses her friends will have no other place to go. She can't blame them that easy, Touma leave the chance to scape because there was things to do before.
Its true that they planned to retrieve Touma by force but, didn't she tried to do the same?

Reading the translations on the part which says with Gabriel destroyed "she" returned to the rightful place so, I think Touma was send to the heaven by accident, yeah... by accident (Touma of the Back?). There was a tsunami as consequence of the falling star but there wasn't any sign of telesma explosion.

Touma, villain? No, but there is the chance of the "invisible thing" saving Touma but also taking control over him because he was too exhausted to put any resistence.

Quote:
Kamijou Touma.

Once again, he has welcomed ‘Death’.
It says "once again", just after reminding the times he faced death fighting against his enemies. It isn't a second death or a third, just once again. This leaves more chance of survival .
Old 2010-10-21, 12:13   Link #5599
outerelf

I got a quesiton:

Is there a reason why Flare821 and Cosmic Eagles translations are so different? Flare821 translation is basically the same, but there seems to be a lot added on. Is it because Flare821 was translating from the chinese instead of the Jap?
Old 2010-10-21, 12:34   Link #5600
tsunade666

I'm not sure if it's from the chinese or japanese but I think because the way you translate it differs from one another.... or the style? basically the same but how to put it..... nah I no good at explaining it.

Cosmic translate only the part where touma collided with the angel while flare translate the whole part.

Though I remember that their is still a bit onto that part.

After the welcome the death.

The result of the search party and the awakening of index.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen