Rose Tico
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 20:56   Link #282
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
That would be a great pick to get animated, or maybe it would be best to have an other work being animated first, since spirit circle is so good anything coming after would hardly stand the comparison.
Stalker is dead and V.1 isn't out yet so no hard numbers, but the early Stalker wasn't looking great. I'll be stunned if it sells more than 1500 per volume.

It's true, almost anything - by any writer - would pale next to a good Spirit Circle adaptation. But that's the one I want, nevertheless - Planet With was great, but Spirit Circle is the true exemplar of how brilliant Mizukami can be at his very best. It's a crime against decency that it's never gotten an adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 23:21   Link #283
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 00:53   Link #284
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I was hesitant because of the super robot designs for this series, I can be superficial like that sometimes...but overall, for a 12 ep series? This was pretty good and wrapped up nicely.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 02:44   Link #285
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Here's what I think.

While with each episode leading up to the final battle, the plot had this tendency to change up what it's doing, it never actually drops the whole format of "one opponent per episode" until really late in the game. Soya ended up fighting every single member of PALADIN in one way or another. Except the chuuni, I forget his name. And the tall woman, I forget her name too, who was defeated by Torai instead. It's just that over the course of the series, the stakes kept changing as well as everyone's reason for fighting in the first place.

Still, it still adhered to some kind of "opponent of the week" format, which made the whole thing easier to follow.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 04:23   Link #286
moridin84
Custom User Title

One amazing thing about this anime is that it managed to have a "super-powered Deux ex Machina" alien race without it being stupid.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 04:25   Link #287
RDNexus

Excuse me... Could you explain?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 06:18   Link #288
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Spoiler from a recent mecha series

Spoiler for spoiler:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 06:32   Link #289
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Clearly a comparison between Paradise People and Deus Ex characters from other series

Btw, universe is expanding, so why are the dimensional holes stay in the same place?
It shouldn't be affected by gravity
Old 2018-09-24, 08:42   Link #290
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Clearly a comparison between Paradise People and Deus Ex characters from other series
Q from Start Trek would be example.

It's pretty common in sci-fi shows though.

Quote:
Btw, universe is expanding, so why are the dimensional holes stay in the same place?

The blowing up of the MCs planet happened about 5 years ago right? The expansion of the universe hardly has much affect within a time frame of 5 years.

Plus, it probably wasn't in that EXACT same place. They knew the area and could find it with sensors or something.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 08:48   Link #291
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Maybe dimensional holes in this universe actually are affected by gravity? Don't think about it too much.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 08:55   Link #292
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Maybe. But Mizukami usually try to do his pseudo-science right

Like how telekinetic field works in Biscuit Hammer
and the chronological order and spirit calculation in Spirit Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The blowing up of the MCs planet happened about 5 years ago right? The expansion of the universe hardly has much affect within a time frame of 5 years.

Plus, it probably wasn't in that EXACT same place. They knew the area and could find it with sensors or something.
It's roughly 67 km/second brah
Old 2018-09-24, 14:19   Link #293
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I am a scientist and can guarantee 100% that the reason why the portal stayed in place was that it was actually located at the L2 Lagrange point of the Earth-Moon system, and totally not just because of plot.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 14:29   Link #294
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Eeeee... That still means the hole is affected by the gravity of solar system
Old 2018-09-24, 18:20   Link #295
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
^Eeeee... That still means the hole is affected by the gravity of solar system
Well, not that weird. If it's a distortion in spacetime of some sort, it's gotta interact gravitationally with everything else.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 18:51   Link #296
SeaDoor

Quote:
...It's roughly 67 km/second brah
All right... who are you and what happened to The Tiger?
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 21:07   Link #297
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Scientific Tiger here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Well, not that weird. If it's a distortion in spacetime of some sort, it's gotta interact gravitationally with everything else.
Nuh uh
It might move according to the spacetime expansion, but not aligned with this galaxy cluster
So after sometime it will be in faraway place
Surely it's not behaving like a freaking satellite!
Old 2018-09-24, 22:44   Link #298
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
^Scientific Tiger here

Nuh uh
It might move according to the spacetime expansion, but not aligned with this galaxy cluster
So after sometime it will be in faraway place
Surely it's not behaving like a freaking satellite!
To my knowledge there are different theories concerning such things. After all, if it's a twist in spacetime then in a sense it's directly connected to gravity. In any case we're dealing with something that has never been demonstrated to even exist, with a nature that therefore can't be purely defined. Kind of hard to declare "no, this cannot work this way". Besides, it looks as if its behavior is somewhat similar to the warp gate, which is clearly bound to Sirius. If holes in spacetime were bound by the expanding universe rather than gravity, they would immediately race away from whatever they were close to, or more specifically the motion of the planet, star system, galaxy, cluster, etc. would quickly rip the planet away from the hole, thus making gates an impossible technology.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 22:56   Link #299
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
To my knowledge there are different theories concerning such things. After all, if it's a twist in spacetime then in a sense it's directly connected to gravity. In any case we're dealing with something that has never been demonstrated to even exist, with a nature that therefore can't be purely defined. Kind of hard to declare "no, this cannot work this way". Besides, it looks as if its behavior is somewhat similar to the warp gate, which is clearly bound to Sirius. If holes in spacetime were bound by the expanding universe rather than gravity, they would immediately race away from whatever they were close to, or more specifically the motion of the planet, star system, galaxy, cluster, etc. would quickly rip the planet away from the hole, thus making gates an impossible technology.
The thing is, they are not "gates"

The one in Sirius, Paradise Dude said was a rip in space, caused by the event during the destruction of Sirius, and not a legitimate warp gate itself

Warp Gates in other stories are actual physical object, like giant ring (thus can stay in orbit and such) with capability of opening portal/path to subspace
Old 2018-09-24, 23:09   Link #300
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
The thing is, they are not "gates"

The one in Sirius, Paradise Dude said was a rip in space, caused by the event during the destruction of Sirius, and not a legitimate warp gate itself

Warp Gates in other stories are actual physical object, like giant ring (thus can stay in orbit and such) with capability of opening portal/path to subspace
No, as I recall he said it was the gate previously used to invade Riel. And the way they exited said Sirius gate was through a ring-shaped opening, not a simple patchy tear like the previous one. And again, given how gravity is directly related to the shape of spacetime it's really not weird to suggest that a made-up concept of a hypothetical tear might interact with gravity.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote