AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-22, 07:31   Link #721
Ultragunner

for all those questions and debate about One For All, I think the most important thing we need to figure first is how the quirk is related to All Might's muscle form.

I have been asking this for a long time, but there has never been a legitimate answer.
_ Why do All Might buff up when he used OFA?
_ I have the impression that All Might was always buffed, but since 5 years ago he started to get weakened physically, and somehow OFA was able to temporarily revert the body to his "prime"?
_ in any cases, did All Might already had really high "base" stat to begin with so that he could utilise OFA 100%? I mean after all those training, Deku could barely managed 8%
Old 2018-09-22, 07:33   Link #722
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A-part with Twice was brilliant. Even more effective than in the manga.

And at last, Tintin is here...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 08:50   Link #723
Irenesharda

An interesting start to the new arc. We meet some new characters and see what has been going on with the League of Villians recently, it's really just been a lot of set up.

House arrest looks like it was harder on Bakugo and Midoriya than I had thought. The discipline and respect for authority these students have for their teacher and school makes me super jealous considering I'm a high school teacher of sophomores and it would be super laughable to forbid them from telling their fellow students about something and then actually expecting them to hold to it.

The top three seniors/third years of the school sound pretty interesting. I'll be interested in meeting them. Considering the amount of focus he got, I'm going to guess the swole guy with the doll face is going to become important and a new ally for Deku.

Last, it was interesting seeing Shinsou again, and I'm glad he learned from the sports festival that he's got to improve his physical fighting prowess considering his power is completely mental.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 11:19   Link #724
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Twice chapter was one of my favorite, so it was great to see it animated. I love his backstory.

And the big three are finally here!
Old 2018-09-22, 11:56   Link #725
Wandering Soul

Twice's backstory really is messed up and that's why I like it so much.

I'm glad that they managed to fit the big three's appearance into this season.
Old 2018-09-23, 04:59   Link #726
LevelSeven

Tbh, i constantly thought about the strangeness of Twice's condition. He is messed up, yes. But there is no question that he is the original one, he didnt find a corpse after the 9 day long fight (which is a strange thing too because if they fought for 9 days than somebody must have at least given him water or he would have died which seems stupid given the fact that the clones all thought they are the real one and constantly fought against one another) so he must be the real one.

The new bad guys mask is to big, but we wont see him for at least a year anyway since S3 ends with the next episode.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 06:41   Link #727
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Twice chapter was one of my favorite, so it was great to see it animated. I love his backstory.

And the big three are finally here!
Indeed, The League of Villains is starting to get even more interesting by adding these small introductions to it's members. Twice story was cool and Dabi incinerating all those guys was badass af.

And finally we are getting information regarding the students from advanced years in the UA. I was always curious about them. Tintin dude looks funny. His power seems like he can phase through objects similar to Tobi in Naruto. No wonder he is at the top . The other two are probably broken OP aswell. Poor Mineta, compared to these guys, evolution was not kind to him
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 09:25   Link #728
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, honestly hard to imagine NOT going completely insane after something like that. Just not knowing if you're you would put a few cracks in most people I imagine.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 17:54   Link #729
Itlandm
Porcupine

Twice's backstory is fascinating: It is like a parable or symbol of the whole villain world, and it also ties in with the names of the two great powers. See, the problem with Twice was that he wanted his clones to serve him as their king. This is the essence of villainy. The villain is the person who thinks: "The world exists to serve me." This can be summed up in the words All for One - they all exist for the sake of the one, me.

In contrast, a true hero is one who thinks: "I exist to serve the world." This is expressed in the words One for All. This is how All Might and Deku think of themselves. If Twice had a mindset like that, he could have been a formidable hero with that power, basically a one-man army, somewhat like Jamie Madrox in the Marvel universe.

Unfortunately Twice made the same choice as Lucifer in Milton's classic poem Paradise Lost: Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven. Of course, he thought he was creating a Heaven for himself, just not for his clones; but it ended up a Hell instead, and now he is living a life of endless torture, assaulted by his own mind. All because he wanted to be the king.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 18:20   Link #730
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The reason I find Twice's backstory fascinating is completely different: making a clone of yourself in order to avoid doing what you see as chores is a common story in fiction, and it's something a lot of us have thought at some point in our life. The author took that and put a cool twist on it. Twice's backstory could have easily been a Twilight Zone episode. In fact, it's probably not from this series but I vaguely remember a similar story.
Old 2018-09-23, 18:43   Link #731
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The reason I find Twice's backstory fascinating is completely different: making a clone of yourself in order to avoid doing what you see as chores is a common story in fiction, and it's something a lot of us have thought at some point in our life. The author took that and put a cool twist on it. Twice's backstory could have easily been a Twilight Zone episode. In fact, it's probably not from this series but I vaguely remember a similar story.
I'm reminded of Naruto in this particular case. That series actually explored what would happen if a bunch of ninja's Kagebunshin/Shadow Clones are used for a considerable period of time (half a day IIRC) doing extra training and works (in this case, Naruto's clones). Even though the final result is not a rebellion done by the clones, once the clones disappear at the end of the training, all the exhaustion and stresses experienced by the clones came straight back to the owner and the accumulation actually caused Naruto to pass out instantly. But it looks like Twice (& Mr. Ectoplasm?) has no such issue?
Old 2018-09-23, 19:44   Link #732
Magewolf

There is also Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, whose super power is creating dupes when struck. He can also reabsorb the dupes to learn everything they have done so he has made a habit of sending them out to learn a wide range of skills, sometimes for years at a time.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 21:42   Link #733
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
There's a similar character in Terra Formars, and I think it was mentioned by one of the clones that even they weren't sure who the original was and if the original was still even alive.
Old 2018-09-24, 01:01   Link #734
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But it looks like Twice (& Mr. Ectoplasm?) has no such issue?
Yeah, seems like Twice's only drawback is that his clones have to take sufficient damage to be dispelled unlike Naruto and Ectoplasm where their clones are one and done or can be simply unsummoned.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 01:03   Link #735
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There was a villain in Invincible who'd always make a clone of himself (one, so there'd be two of him, to be replaced when one of him died), and spent a lot of time arguing over which was the original one. Until he got a disfiguring scar that left no doubt who came first. Then the scarred one died, and the subsequent clones went right back to arguing they were the original one.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 12:21   Link #736
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm reminded of Naruto in this particular case. That series actually explored what would happen if a bunch of ninja's Kagebunshin/Shadow Clones are used for a considerable period of time (half a day IIRC) doing extra training and works (in this case, Naruto's clones). Even though the final result is not a rebellion done by the clones, once the clones disappear at the end of the training, all the exhaustion and stresses experienced by the clones came straight back to the owner and the accumulation actually caused Naruto to pass out instantly. But it looks like Twice (& Mr. Ectoplasm?) has no such issue?
Same here, I think they did rebel in one of the fillers before the transition to shippuuden. Of course, that was done for comedic effect, but in the case of Twice, it's nightmare fuel, really. He is one of the most interesting characters in the series, because he acknowledges the fact that he's crazy - even if he can clearly separate the ends of his moral spectrum, he can't help himself, which instils a sense of apprehension towards...well, a normal life. Can he be saved? Who would bother with him and others like him when heroes already have their hands full trying to become famous, or stronger?

P.S: Mirio training next week. Sweeeeet!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 15:17   Link #737
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Same here, I think they did rebel in one of the fillers before the transition to shippuuden. Of course, that was done for comedic effect, but in the case of Twice, it's nightmare fuel, really. He is one of the most interesting characters in the series, because he acknowledges the fact that he's crazy - even if he can clearly separate the ends of his moral spectrum, he can't help himself, which instils a sense of apprehension towards...well, a normal life. Can he be saved? Who would bother with him and others like him when heroes already have their hands full trying to become famous, or stronger?

P.S: Mirio training next week. Sweeeeet!
A licensed healthcare professional, I would hope? I would think that Twice can't be the only person with a quirk that's suffered some kind of trauma because of their quirk or misuse of their quirk. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic in thinking that at least the first world countries of the world they live in would set up healthcare procedures for these types of mental health issues.
Old 2018-09-28, 20:50   Link #738
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As big a hit as HeroAca is in Japan (either WSJ's #2 or 3 series in volume sales depending on if you count HxH, excellent disc sales for a WSJ title, endless merchandising crossovers) I think its most notable commercial achievement is how boffo it's gone worldwide. What the movie is doing at the American box office is truly astonishing for an anime, especially a non "mainstream" (read, Miyazaki) one.
Old 2018-09-29, 01:49   Link #739
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What the movie is doing at the American box office is truly astonishing for an anime, especially a non "mainstream" (read, Miyazaki) one.
Currently there is a superhero bubble that makes people watch everything with them. I doubt the movie or the series would be as liked as it is right now if it came out 2010 or earlier.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 03:56   Link #740
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That superhero bubble has never imparted its grace on an anime film at the American box office before. This isn't a trend phenomenon, it's a franchise phenomenon.

Tags
super hero