AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 13:21   Link #101
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Well new series, Gundams with FMA-style characters, could be very interesting.
Most importantly, no reused scenes.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 13:31   Link #102
ila-chan
ermmm...

This is pretty cool! As long as Morosawadidn't write the script, then it's fine. The character designs is also good; can't say anything bout the resemblence of the characters to other anime as well, most anime these day tends to look the same.

- In (almost) all mecha series, there will be a Kira Yamato clone lookalike (brunette, powerful, usually drive the most powerful mecha)

- In (almost) all anime, there will be a pink haired character, that will become more or least an important character

- In (almost) all mecha series, the evil guy is either best friend, or family members of the hero's girl

Still, can't wait for another news of this. The list of seiyuu perhaps?
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 13:31   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Most importantly, no reused scenes.
I'll believe that when I see it but even if there is I doubt it will be anywhere near as bas as Flashbackemall 2 series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:13   Link #104
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_At View Post
I'm excited, and I really hope the (Gundam?) pilot with the red hair and the glasses turns out to be a girl and not a really bishie-looking guy.
That is dark purple hair... on my monitor at least. If the show is Saint Seiya then that would certainly be a guy.

So are they still going to do that Seed movie or quietly kill it off?
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:20   Link #105
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
So are they still going to do that Seed movie or quietly kill it off?
it's already in production.
Old 2007-06-02, 14:49   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its awesome seeing original Kouga Yun character designs in action. I'm a huge fan of her style, so i'm glad to see they're working well for the Gundam franchise --- it helps that she's a huge fan.

But gaah, i need to know who'll be doing the musical score!
Old 2007-06-02, 15:05   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The "war eradication" and "rebirth through destruction" taglines just scream Lelouch's agenda of "peace through destruction". Let's hope the similarities won't be too much, or at least be presented differently, but we'll see.
Kane: "Peace... Through power!" .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3UgedXW5E
The NOD Gundams shall crush the GDI Zakus!
Old 2007-06-02, 15:12   Link #108
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yeah I know it's screwy that way, especially with the current trend towards younger loli characters that make Lacus, Mirallia and Cagalli look like adults. Also I noticed there wasn't a single girl in the entire teaser trailer, which is something I haven't seen in a long long time. In fact I haven't seen this many men in 14 seconds in an anime spot in a long while as well. Although Gundam with a loli heroine would be extremely screwy so it's not surprising to see all male pilots in the trailer.
Wait what? Wasn't the one with purple hair and glasses a girl? If not... wow talk about a trap. Yaoi total confirmed.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:16   Link #109
Not_At

^Tell me about it...there's really no point in even making that character with the glasses a boy. It would just decrease the realism of the series.
Not_At is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:23   Link #110
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Nice.

Male characters that look like men. (I think the purple haired character with the glasses is a girl while the other three are clearly guys).
Directed by the director of FMA, a plus I feel.
Turn Aish looking Gundams another plus (Turn A Gundam is my top favorite series so bias in this).
Not being Gundam SEED related......priceless!!!!!!!
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:25   Link #111
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Wait what? Wasn't the one with purple hair and glasses a girl? If not... wow talk about a trap. Yaoi total confirmed.
But it might be a tomboyish girl. Still, even the main character in Loveless looks like a girl, so you never know.

I love her design though.
Old 2007-06-02, 15:31   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow you go to sleep and wake up to the fresh newness that's "New Gundam"...

Aaaah (Cracking his typing knuckles)...

Let's begin, again^^...

Haven't read the whole thread; too excited...Seems to me the kid in the red-scarf will be "special-one" but who knows...The characters designs are fine to me as I'm very accepting of how characters of new-worlds or animes look..I had no problem with the general CE designs (only their inconsistencies)...They look better than Code Geass IMO, and I believe the Mecha will too (They look realistically over-powered from first glance)...Hopefully the plot can be on the level of Geass...Love that it takes place in "Our Timeline" so that opens the door for perhaps some more tangible realities and less Space-whale reality...

All I need next preview is to see that quintessential mysterious masked-guy (I pray he is included)...Give me that and you'll see me swinging on street-lights like those white-guys in 1950's musicals^^!!!

As for C.E., despite my harsh criticisms that will always remain, on some level it is a bittersweet day because of the potential that era had, but it's time to deviate and leave it as the average AU it truly turned out to be...Goodbye Kira, I'll always have the Sand-arc and Fllay-powered greatness to remember you by...C.E. closing party at Bar Eden, Japan I'm buying^^ ...Any drink requests??
Old 2007-06-02, 15:39   Link #113
McChar

I'd say don't get your hopes up on the animation. The teaser has all the looks of an intro with the high framerate, even if the designs do look good. Plus, it seems like the trend these days for new anime is to get lazy on the animation quality after the first few episodes. GSD did that, so did Ergo Proxy and I think Code Geass too. I can't remember FMA having poor animation, though
McChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:43   Link #114
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

As for C.E., despite my harsh criticisms that will always remain, on some level it is a bittersweet day because of the potential that era had, but it's time to deviate and leave it as the average AU it truly turned out to be...Goodbye Kira, I'll always have the Sand-arc and Fllay-powered greatness to remember you by...C.E. closing party at Bar Eden, Japan I'm buying^^ ...Any drink requests??

You aren't getting rid of them that easily. They'll be back sooner than you think.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 15:46   Link #115
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChar View Post
I'd say don't get your hopes up on the animation. The teaser has all the looks of an intro with the high framerate, even if the designs do look good. Plus, it seems like the trend these days for new anime is to get lazy on the animation quality after the first few episodes. GSD did that, so did Ergo Proxy and I think Code Geass too. I can't remember FMA having poor animation, though
^I actually was underwhelmed by Code Geass' animation in the beginning (I remember being kinda disappointed at first)..For some reason it seemed to just get better and better rather than start off great and then get average..Near the end of the S1 it apexed into visual awesomeness IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
You aren't getting rid of them that easily. They'll be back sooner than you think.
Well this thread confirms the back-burner status of C.E. for now...
Old 2007-06-02, 16:09   Link #116
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I am excited and i hope for a masked man! I don't have a problem with anything i've seen so i hope the good things continue to roll.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:17   Link #117
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well this thread confirms the back-burner status of C.E. for now...
The movie man, the movie.

You can guarantee that there will be big fanfare for that before and when its released.

But as I said before, the fact that they are interested in starting a newer franchise for the so-called "younger fans" indicate that CE has graduated at least somewhere close to UC levels in terms of demographics, which means that future TV series based on similar settings to the first two series will be unlikely. Though it all depends on Gundam 00 and whether it can overtake or at least duplicate the success of Seed.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:18   Link #118
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChar View Post
Some episodes here and there were quite sub-par, but then again I'm measuring it against 26 episodes sakuga-festas or the insanely well produced Eureka Seven.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 16:24   Link #119
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Some episodes here and there were quite sub-par, but then again I'm measuring it against 26 episodes sakuga-festas or the insanely well produced Eureka Seven.
E7 had a few clunkers too, especially after the halfway mark on that series. But in general, BONES shows seem to maintain better production quality throughout than Sunrise series. Plus this is a mecha series where quality tends to fluctuate a lot more. So I'm not expecting animation gold for this series. But it should at least be an improvement over GSD, which had writing problems leading to delays in animation.
Old 2007-06-02, 16:35   Link #120
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The movie man, the movie. You can guarantee that there will be big fanfare for that before and when its released.
I was speaking about C.E. as a series and it's longevity as a universe...I'm not that ignorant, I know SEED The Movie will have Moses and Mary lovers over-flowing the temple...

Quote:
But as I said before, the fact that they are interested in starting a newer franchise for the so-called "younger fans" indicate that CE has graduated at least somewhere close to UC levels in terms of demographics, which means that future TV series based on similar settings to the first two series will be unlikely. Though it all depends on Gundam 00 and whether it can overtake or at least duplicate the success of Seed.
As for the Code Geass debate ya'll were having earlier..I think Code Geass does wonders for this new Gundam and won't hurt at all...I think Code Geass has proven (Perhaps to Bandai aswell) you can have Bishie-looking characters and seemingly superficial character relationships catered to fangirls and "younger-fans", yet at the same time have very dark, logical, and adult based themes that satisfiy intellectuals or those seeking true-grit (With good drama and dialouge aswell)...I have no problem with it competing with or furthering CG's example (obviously with it's own story)...

Tags
spoilers