AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-15, 06:54   Link #1
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
How do you unleash your creativity?

Many people have a creative side, some more than others, and many upon many have some form of creativity yet are not aware of such just living with the flow always unaware they even have a gift.

Heres my question for the Suki forum members. How do you express your creative side? whether it be drawing/painting, music, writing, or some other aspect of ones own creativity. I am curious of this.

I myself have been writing electronic based music for a few years now and also currently writing a Fantasy/Action novel.

Cheers
Rob
DistortedRealmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 07:40   Link #2
Ending

Well, if you check my homesite, you'll see some of the results of my "creativity." (Banner coming once I get it done.)

Namely: essays, fan-fics, image manipulation, simple image creation, website maintenance, sound manipulation (when needed). Did I forget something? Oh, yeah; it's summer and I need a hobby.

--Usually I need something to inspire me.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 08:18   Link #3
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
I unleash my creativity out in designing. Graphic design. Best way to do it for me.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 08:23   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I unleash my creativity very differently. But the majority is modelling (3DS Max) and other things related to CG. Sadly I have to use much of my creativity on programming
Old 2004-05-15, 21:47   Link #5
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I unleash my creativity on my guitar, or at least...I try to. To be honest, I'm not that creative. So I usually just learn other people's songs (eg. Mason William's Classical Gas, Kansas' Dust in the Wind, Leo Kottke's Red and White...etc just name a few). I do try to write my own fingerstyle instrumentals, but it usually sounds like crap . Writing a good song is surprisingly hard. I've gained a whole new level of respect for songwriters (artists/bands) that consistently write good songs. Other than that...maybe...drawing?
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 21:57   Link #6
Joe Dalton

whos creating what now?
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 22:06   Link #7
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
I have to say that I am not much of a creative person. So usually the only way I unleash the creativity is through writing poetry... I have written a lot of it in the past and a lot of it iis crap, but it helps me to release my thoughts and put them down on paper...
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 00:38   Link #8
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I like doing everything from art to creating computer programs. But right now I'm finishing up the script for a play.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 07:46   Link #9
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I like doing everything from art to creating computer programs. But right now I'm finishing up the script for a play.
That's pretty cool dude, what's it based around?
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 15:41   Link #10
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
whos creating what now?
... ... *coughSPAMcough*

most of creativity goes to designing sets (for theatre) or making signature/avatars
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 20:45   Link #11
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

I like to draw a lot. I make story for the people i draw too.
I also have a story that i imagined since i'm 7 year old. It has changed a lot because i'm older and it got more than 100 different characters. If i get bored, i sit somewhere and think of my characters and then i got a story that keep me occupied. Anime, Tv, books and some real life issues can inspire me.

DistoredRealS what is the story? i kinda like this type of novels!
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 01:35   Link #12
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
I unleash my creativity by destroying..., I also make stories about Wars of the future..., <sigh>... things I do for wars...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 01:40   Link #13
darkwave
Manual Mode

I unleash my creativity aka *hidden powers* :P with the help of my Super Computer, Photoshop CS and finally INSPIRATION. Inspiration stimulate my creativity.

I do Digital Imaging. >_<

Update: I forgot j-pop/anime music. It turns me ON! o_o
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 04:44   Link #14
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
creativity... do i have 1?

depend on my mood i'd say... sometimes scribbling on paper, sometimes tuning my car by ear and seat of the pants as necessary, sometimes photography and photo manipulation, sometimes in writing (though this I've yet to be satisfied with due to my finite vocabulary).. sometimes building model kits, figurines, and dioramas. And when I'm tired around lunch break, I'd go onto the shop's roof, staring at the afternoon clouds while
guessing what it resembles (I guess this is the part ppl associate me with ill minded). Other times, I'd stay at the shop late, cutting and welding metals, making new car parts or just plain shapes. Once every 2 days, I'd cook a new recipe (no need for cook book).

For sure, I find much joy in what my hands enables me to.

Of course, the best creativity comes when I got my parents to buy me new toys without even asking them (age 5). How? By making my own toys. Custom this, custom that... Let's hope I don't fall into that trap when I got kids later on...
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 14:21   Link #15
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Regrettably enough, I am not much of a creative person. I couldn't come up w/ an original idea with my life, but if you give me things to build with, I can come up w/ something amazing.
ie I couldn't come up with Legos, but I could build anything.
I like to sing. I have a decent voice and am in Chamber Choir and Chorale at my school.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 00:39   Link #16

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
... ... *coughSPAMcough*

most of creativity goes to designing sets (for theatre) or making signature/avatars
Not to be mean or anything, but how much 'creativity' does it take to cut an awesomely ecchi picture and put your name on it?
As for me, I write HTML and play bass. I lovesa mah bass.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 01:20   Link #17
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

I unleash my creativity by working on anything that I can build/modify/enhance. Either by building wooden furniture, modifying computer hardware, or modifying/enhancing my house.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 01:22   Link #18
kamij0

actually if you're doing your routines in a different and new way, that's counted as creativity too.. for eg
i brush my teeth on the bed..thats lame though
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 18:43   Link #19
mah_damey

wait are u serious. u seriosuly brush ur teeth on the bed or are u juss joshin. srry, i dont see the creativty there, are u juss too lazy to stop onto the cold bathroom floor or sumthing.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 21:03   Link #20
Zardak
Abuser of cute series

Send a message via ICQ to Zardak
Well I draw alot, though it's nothing most people would go 'wow' about, most drawings I do is rather abstract...
Then again I'm not that creative a person, if I look back to when we had a guest lecture with a professor who studied creativety you soon understood that you didn't have a creative personality (I don't dream in color which otherwise is something that Really creative people close to always do).
Zardak is offline   Reply With Quote