AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-25, 20:37   Link #7141
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I think the point of the regulation is that the militia has to make an effort to stand out from and differentiate themselves from the civilians. For example, wearing one of the following: ammo belt, tactical vest, camo jacket, camo pants, ski mask, etc

They don't all have to wear the same colors or have the same equipment, but they have to have something that makes them stand out as combatants. Wearing jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes and a bandana doesn't qualify IMO.
Old 2010-02-25, 21:12   Link #7142
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I think the point of the regulation is that the militia has to make an effort to stand out from and differentiate themselves from the civilians. For example, wearing one of the following: ammo belt, tactical vest, camo jacket, camo pants, ski mask, etc

They don't all have to wear the same colors or have the same equipment, but they have to have something that makes them stand out as combatants. Wearing jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes and a bandana doesn't qualify IMO.
Not every group can be expected to get decent uniforms. It only needs to be apparent that they are enemies. A custom-colored Knightmare and gun-toting civilians with a unique motif loosely fits the bill.
Old 2010-02-26, 07:43   Link #7143
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

I just finished watching the entirety of Code Geass. Where would be the appropriate topic to discuss my feelings about it? It's not quite a review, as it won't be too comprehensive.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 08:23   Link #7144
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
I just finished watching the entirety of Code Geass. Where would be the appropriate topic to discuss my feelings about it? It's not quite a review, as it won't be too comprehensive.
The Code Geass R2 - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating thread would be appropriate.
Old 2010-02-26, 08:25   Link #7145
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Got it, thanks.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 19:36   Link #7146
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Thinking in the terrorist perspective, it would be a lot better to dress like a civilian. It would be better camouflage, they could blend in with civilians. Wearing a tactical vest..or ski mask is just too obvious, I'm sure terrorists want to get shot as little as possible.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 03:38   Link #7147
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Thinking in the terrorist perspective, it would be a lot better to dress like a civilian. It would be better camouflage, they could blend in with civilians. Wearing a tactical vest..or ski mask is just too obvious, I'm sure terrorists want to get shot as little as possible.
which is why its a WAR CRIME to do so
if you're a fighter, then its not legal to pretend you're a civilian
because that way, you only end up putting civilians at risk by pretending to be one of them
Old 2010-02-27, 13:16   Link #7148
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
which is why its a WAR CRIME to do so
if you're a fighter, then its not legal to pretend you're a civilian
because that way, you only end up putting civilians at risk by pretending to be one of them
Hence the reason most people do not like terrorists.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 19:23   Link #7149
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Let's talk about... Clovis!
Doesn't he have the most awesome hair?

Echem. xD
On an even more random note, I wonder what happened to that dog Euphie had around in Stage 0.884. Maybe it met Arthur, and now they are preparing to bite Zero together?
Yes, definitely!
Old 2010-03-06, 21:11   Link #7150
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Let's talk about... Clovis!
Doesn't he have the most awesome hair?
It doesn't compare to Lelouch's new GAR hat

Epic win.
Old 2010-03-06, 23:36   Link #7151
azul120

You would have needed to listen to one of the early sound dramas, which was a flashback to around 2014 a. t. b., when Clovis talked with Cornelia and Euphie about wanting to govern Area 11 in memory of Lelouch and Nunnally. Cornelia said that she and Schneizel thought of him as too kind for the job. Clovis also discussed nearly beating Lelouch at chess, and trying to convince Cornelia that Lelouch was being serious during that particular game.

Clovis is pretty much another one of those What Could Have Been cases.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 23:39   Link #7152
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
You would have needed to listen to one of the early sound dramas, which was a flashback to around 2014 a. t. b., when Clovis talked with Cornelia and Euphie about wanting to govern Area 11 in memory of Lelouch and Nunnally. Cornelia said that she and Schneizel thought of him as too kind for the job. Clovis also discussed nearly beating Lelouch at chess, and trying to convince Cornelia that Lelouch was being serious during that particular game.

I always that that Clovis was killed for no reason. Nothing really came out of it, other than the first big stunt at rescuing Suzaku, which gets him televised. But it could have really been anyone's funeral.
Old 2010-03-06, 23:58   Link #7153
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I always that that Clovis was killed for no reason. Nothing really came out of it, other than the first big stunt at rescuing Suzaku, which gets him televised. But it could have really been anyone's funeral.
Clovis was killed to make Zero into a credible threat. If you're trying to send a message, offing the guy in charge and getting away with it will do the trick.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:01   Link #7154
azul120

What if he was just heavily injured or left for dead?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:34   Link #7155
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
What if he was just heavily injured or left for dead?
That would make the assassin look either incompetent or soft.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:58   Link #7156
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Clovis was killed to make Zero into a credible threat. If you're trying to send a message, offing the guy in charge and getting away with it will do the trick.
Not really, nobody really had proof he killed Clovis. He showed up and just stated it, and the people believed him. True, getting away with killing someone of his stature would get him known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That would make the assassin look either incompetent or soft.
Agreed.
Old 2010-03-07, 01:01   Link #7157
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

With the way he presented it, he didn't need credible proof. Unlike any other organization, he did not reveal the information from the safety of his hidden base. No, he was right there, in the line of fire from Britannian soldiers, claiming that yes, he did it. He had the audacity to tell Britannia face to face that yeah, he killed their Viceroy prince. When someone has the balls to make a claim like that, its kind of hard not to think that he did it.
Old 2010-03-07, 04:54   Link #7158
NinjaYali
Banned

Have you guys heard of this thing called Code Geass: Knight 'For Girls'

Guess the girls want this instead of this...
Spoiler for Code Geass as it is:

They said that this show in the past was yaoibait and now it looks like it's official. What next? Official harem version of this show? Yuri school show version?
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 06:34   Link #7159
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Well, I don't think Lelouch needed to kill Clovis - as he's Lelouch, he could easily have gone for some other great stunt.
However, he really didn't like his family, and he was kind of on a power-trip there. Just look at his face.

Besides, the scene was pretty epic. Although I'd have loved to see Leluch going, "forget I was ever here", or something else, and then realizing his Geass only works once on a person. I mean... come on!

Quote:

*nods her head happily*
That, and there were quite a few hints in the anime - the paintings (that of Lelouch and Nunnally in particular), and the copy of Aries' Imperial Villa on top of the government building, the place where Clovis "always used to argue with Lelouch",... ah, always liked him. Besides, he has awesome hair!

By the way, when Clovis tells Cornelia Lelouch was serious, he says, "He would never do that (-> go easy on him). I... know that very well."
Did I mention I love the tragic irony?

Edit:
Oh, and yay for that manga-thingy above. Now I'm curious. xD
Old 2010-03-07, 14:35   Link #7160
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

So perhaps Clovis needed to die, but what about Euphie? What's the excuse there?

She didn't need to be sacrificed at all. Unlike Clovis who was massacring elevens out of his own free will Euphie did so because of Lelouch himself. Killing her was just a giant douche move on his part.
There were definitely other options there. He could capture her and then give her to Cornelia so she'd be safe, and he could also take his fricking mask off while he was at it because getting Euphie to murder elevens should have been a sign he'd gone too far.