AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 19:45   Link #141
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
You know maybe the Wing vibe is on purpose. Perhaps they are looking to make sure this series does extremely well outside of Japan and Wing is really the only series that was huge outside of Japan it seems, at least in the US while others didn't reach that same level, SEED clearly didn't. Perhpas they are trying something new to see if they can get the success again. Though this is just pure speculation since we know almost nothing about the series but wouldn't hurt them to try.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:46   Link #142
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LMAO @ all the guys in here admitting to watching "Loveless"...
Erm... since when is watching something like that a slap to a man's masculinity?

Quote:
Since I don't watch boy-yaoi the character designs won't remind me of something I don't watch...Based on that teaser I see nothing overtly yaoi about them, but I don't watch yaoi so i may be wrong ...
You watched Gundam Wing, so you watched boy-yaoi. =)
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:20   Link #143
crystar
*yawns*

Pretty excited about this. If there's hope for something good, I'll keep clinging onto that hope until I get shot down miserably like with Destiny. I snickered a bit when I realised that original character designs were by Kouga Yun. Heh. I demand an awesome female Gundam pilot! Who's focal point in the series is to not be romantically involved with the protagonist.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:27   Link #144
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
Pretty excited about this. If there's hope for something good, I'll keep clinging onto that hope until I get shot down miserably like with Destiny. I snickered a bit when I realised that original character designs were by Kouga Yun. Heh. I demand an awesome female Gundam pilot! Who's focal point in the series is to not be romantically involved with the protagonist.
Yeah! She should become romantically involved with another female character!
(Did I just typed that out in public?)

Hey, I can't let the Yaoi fangirls have all the fun, can I?
Old 2007-06-02, 20:45   Link #145
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

This series looks promising and what good we won't get any random clip show eppys I bet.
Old 2007-06-02, 20:57   Link #146
crystar
*yawns*

Random clip? As in the recaps? I'm pretty sure we will. Haha. This is Sunrise here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah! She should become romantically involved with another female character!
(Did I just typed that out in public?)

Hey, I can't let the Yaoi fangirls have all the fun, can I?
She shouldn't be romantically involved at all! But yeah, I wonder if guys would be a bit more quiet on the yaoi-vibes invading Gundam if we had some yuri in it?
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:06   Link #147
thephreak

interesting...can't wait for another Gundam series.
thephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:19   Link #148
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

IMO all series should, romantically speaking, contain an even mix of yaoi and yuri. That way a) everyone wins, and b) the occasional het relationship actually feels special and magical instead of a rehash of something that's been seen a billion times before.

But I digress.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:21   Link #149
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The original character designer Yun Kouga, is a super-popular shoujo manga artist from the 80s, and the scenario writer is Yousuke Kuroda.
Anyone remotely familiar with anime writers should know his name. During the 90s, there was a period when he was writing like every other anime airing, and people made jokes about there being multiple Kurodas around.

The thing about Kuroda is though... he's godly when he writes men-oriented drama like Gun Grave, Trigun, and Scryed as well as depressing stuff like Ryvius... but when he does cutesy moe anime like Mao-chan, it's total and utter crap.

I used to read Yun Kouga manga ages ago, and I enjoyed a lot of good anime with Kuroda writing, so I'm definitly looking forward to this combination.

Producer is Takeda as usual, and the narration is Tooru Furuya (voice of Amuro from the original Gundam). Animation character design is Kenichi Yoshida, of Eureka 7 and King Gainer fame. However, he kept much of the design faithful to the original Yun Kouga design, rather than redesigning to his own style.
Old 2007-06-02, 21:32   Link #150
aardvark

Kuroda has his misses, but when he writes good material, it's usually really solid stuff.

As for Kenichi Yoshida, one of my favorite character designers (obviously), so I'm not content with seeing him simply adapting someone else's designs, however with him as the Chief animator for the series, at least I have faith in the animation department.

Anyways, for Gundam, there's no where else to go but up, so can't wait
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:32   Link #151
destern

Send a message via MSN to destern
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
It's too early to see what this series is all about, so I wouldn't say if the series is going to be bad or not or if it is going to be similar to SEED and Destiny.

I'm agree with him. We can't judge the whole thing even before the show starts. I want to see their technology as well. If it is really in this A.D, let's try to survive till that time if it does really exist.
destern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:32   Link #152
Not_At

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
IMO all series should, romantically speaking, contain an even mix of yaoi and yuri. That way a) everyone wins, and b) the occasional het relationship actually feels special and magical instead of a rehash of something that's been seen a billion times before.

But I digress.
Not to get too OT here, but um....I'm a straight guy, and from a plot standpoint I would really, truly perfer a hetero relationship to a yuri/lesbian one. Seriously. I could go into why people drool over yuri/yaoi but I'll digress, too...

Yousuke Kuroda wrote for Infinite Ryvius? That's awesome, hopefully this show will have more intelligent character-based drama than SEED. And having an older-sounding Amuro as the narrator will be cool. ^^
Not_At is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:46   Link #153
Monkey D. Luffy

The teaser is nice, can't wait to hear more about this, I want to see what is done with this one.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 21:53   Link #154
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_At View Post
Yousuke Kuroda wrote for Infinite Ryvius? That's awesome, hopefully this show will have more intelligent character-based drama than SEED. And having an older-sounding Amuro as the narrator will be cool. ^^
Yeah, as a matter of fact, he was the main scenario writer as well as series composition director. He was in charge of the whole writing staff for Ryvius.
And as aardvark said, he does very solid work when it's good.
But when it's bad... it's pretty terrible.

His writing style is so drastically diffrent from anime to anime, that people joked about multiple kuroda ghost writers around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
As for Kenichi Yoshida, one of my favorite character designers (obviously), so I'm not content with seeing him simply adapting someone else's designs, however with him as the Chief animator for the series, at least I have faith in the animation department.
I really love Yoshida's art style too. Fell in love with King Gainer, and was surprised to see how refined it became with Eureka 7.
But I like Kouga Yun's style too, good old 80s style, so I'm not complaining. Perhaps Yoshida will clean up Kouga's admittedly out-dated style to be more refined for the current generation. She's hasn't been doing much work in the recent years afterall.

Her nick-name among fans was "gayun" (from kougayun), so people are starting to call this gayun gundam.
Old 2007-06-02, 22:03   Link #155
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, as a matter of fact, he was the main scenario writer as well as series composition director. He was in charge of the whole writing staff for Ryvius.
And as aardvark said, he does very solid work when it's good.
But when it's bad... it's pretty terrible.

His writing style is so drastically diffrent from anime to anime, that people joked about multiple kuroda ghost writers around.
Kuroda also tends to write the screenplays for entire shows by himself... This is pretty amazing since he's done so many. And if he is indeed writing alone, it'll actually be the only time its happened in Gundam since Hiroyuki Kawasaki did it in Gundam X. Though that might be a blessing since GSD had creative differences within the writing staff which contributed to some of the writing delays, and this type of problem is avoided when there's only one writer.

But really, are we sure that Kuroda isn't just some collective name for a bunch of ghost writers?
Old 2007-06-02, 22:07   Link #156
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
For anayone who wonders what is the main gundam for the show, well check the weblink off of

http://www.gundam.channel.or.jp/

Also, I wonder what the double 0 means (kind of a unique name for a Gundam).
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 22:17   Link #157
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
For anayone who wonders what is the main gundam for the show, well check the weblink off of

http://www.gundam.channel.or.jp/

Also, I wonder what the double 0 means (kind of a unique name for a Gundam).
Not really unique in mecha... Gundam 01, 02, etc. were used in Gundam Wing (oh shoot, another similarity?)... In Evangelion there were Eva-00 and so on. They weren't pronounced "double o" but I think the naming conventions are for the same reason. The simplified look of Gundam 00 (if the blue one is indeed it) might mean that its a testbed unit for other Gundams (similar to Duel in Seed) which tend to have more advanced weaponry.
Old 2007-06-03, 00:05   Link #158
Not_At

I just thought of something....it's cool that this is the first Gundam that uses our calendar system. But UC 001 is supposed to take place around 2075, right?

This means that UC 0079 or first Gundam really only took place like....150 years in the future. Zeta only took place around 158-160 years in the future, and so on....so 300 years is kind of a big leap compared to UC.
Not_At is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 00:34   Link #159
Teletha

I love Yun Kouga, but if she's doing character designs I guess we know who their target audience is and it's not old Gundam fanboys. Not that Seed was any different though. I do wonder about Gundam/Mecha burn out though. With Seed still alive with the movie, and this new Gundam, and Geass.... I wonder if people will get sick of it. Though I can't wait. Please no angsty emo main character though.

Loveless also isn't yaoi! There are deep reasons for the two guys kissing. For power and battles and things like that.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 01:35   Link #160
JediNight
キズランダム

Looks like a good collection of staff. And no Fukuda or CE!

I just hope there are no freaking emo characters like Shinn though, augh... And I also hope we get a GOOD female main char pilot for once. Lunamaria was supposed to be an elite, but she didn't do jack. And Stellar.... yeah....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers