AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-29, 00:11   Link #5801
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Exactly my point; I want to know everything there is to know on the subject.

Moving images and queasiness? I can't imagine what an anime like BRS would do to your stomach.
I don't know what BRS is- but Scooby-Doo 2, the live action movie opening scene with the camera flying through buildings? Felt like I was going to throw up.

Anyways, The light novels are being translated at a fairly rapid pace thanks to our awesome translator Teh_Ping, the most awesome guy in the world. If you check at every week, you'll generally have a whole chapter translated, ready for reading.

But if you were to compare it...

Spoiler for Vol 7: Index explains Amakusa Catholics:

And then if you compare it to episode 2 in the anime- there is a lot being left out.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:15   Link #5802
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I feel that animation has betrayed me when I loved it for so long.

Animators can't do everything I suppose. Look at Harry Potter, they left out heaps of interesting things to shorten its length.

BRS stands for Black Rock Shooter, the OVA that gave Studio Ordet something to seriously brag about. Seriously.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:22   Link #5803
outerelf

*laughs* Don't worry- if there is anything that the Index anime does, it stays pretty true to the book, and cuts out exposition that isn't exactly needed- and it adds on a different level of meaning for different things.

But that's the anime, not the light novel. I wish you happy reading Volume 7 is where Orsola arc starts off, and if you don't mind knowing what's going to happen, you can start there.
Old 2010-10-29, 01:02   Link #5804
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Aleister is an idiot. He should just personally kill Hamazura if he really wants to get rid of him. There's noway anyone in the world will survive once Aleister gets serious. WHF is with that omni-present!?
ANd seriously, Touma is the only protagonist who never kills his opponent, but even saves them. Accelerator, Hamazura and Aqua all kill their opponents. He's actually the most awesome (or idiotic) character in the whole series that no one could match. :P
We don't know enough yet about Aleister's omnipresence power to say for sure whether he could actually just appear in front of Hamazura and kill him.

More importantly, Hamazura is not yet a "threat" to the plan; merely an unknown. He's like a fly, really. You'll try to swat one if it comes near, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll go to the trouble of pursuing it if it goes away.
Old 2010-10-29, 01:36   Link #5805
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I laughed when I heard of Gunha, since he immediately came across to me as that wannabe heroman who saves the day.

But he's actually cooler than that, I'll admit. Still really irks me when I try and decipher his powers though. Gemstones irritate me.
for some reason that reminds me of Kick-Ass
Old 2010-10-29, 03:35   Link #5806
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I'll always have the feeling that Aleister is sacred of getting near Hamatzura. Perhaps personally getting close to him would results in his plan becoming even more hy-wire.
Old 2010-10-29, 03:55   Link #5807
pikachuwei

After having 2 exams today, i wanted a break from studying

Spoiler for Volume 17 Chapter 1 Part 1:

poor itsuwa

there are some bits which i dont exactly get so hope u guys can help me fix before i put on BT =)
Old 2010-10-29, 04:18   Link #5808
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

poor itsuwa

there are some bits which i dont exactly get so hope u guys can help me fix before i put on BT =)
I'm holding back my laughter as I'm reading this in public. Even then, that didn't stop me from smirking all to myself

Poor Itsuwa, just as when she tries to get a lead over her senior and leader she got pushed back down by the formidability of the Ero Angel Maid costume!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-29, 04:23   Link #5809
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I don't know what BRS is- but Scooby-Doo 2, the live action movie opening scene with the camera flying through buildings? Felt like I was going to throw up.

Anyways, The light novels are being translated at a fairly rapid pace thanks to our awesome translator Teh_Ping, the most awesome guy in the world. If you check at every week, you'll generally have a whole chapter translated, ready for reading.

But if you were to compare it...

Spoiler for Vol 7: Index explains Amakusa Catholics:

And then if you compare it to episode 2 in the anime- there is a lot being left out.
I'm just an ordinary person. Let me keep a low profile...

Besides, there are other translators working as well. Thank Joay as well for initiating this project.

Quote:

poor itsuwa

I'll get back to you later. If all goes well, we may have Chp5 completed today.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-10-29 at 04:37.
Old 2010-10-29, 08:05   Link #5810
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I'm just an ordinary person. Let me keep a low profile...

Besides, there are other translators working as well. Thank Joay as well for initiating this project.
Aww- But you're the one who updates the fastest, and the most reliably. But you are right-

Joay is a wonderful translator, all of the translators are wonderful souls, and I sincerely thank every last one of you guys for a job well done, so us leechers can enjoy the Index world.
Old 2010-10-29, 09:13   Link #5811
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've got some new info on one of the Railgun Special feature Light Novels: this one is from the 5th Railgun manga. Set some time after the end of the Level Upper arc. Not written by Kamachi Kazuma, but it is supervised by him.

Author: 成田良悟

Summary:

Spoiler:
Thank you for this. Awesome read. I really hope that these side stories get animated as OVAs in the future.
Old 2010-10-29, 09:57   Link #5812
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume 17 Chapter 1 Part 1:

poor itsuwa

1) It's Tatemiya-san, not Saiji-san.

2) I think it's more of a massage battle. Haven't gotten original RAWs for 17, so I can't tell.

When you feel like you've checked enough, go ahead and upload it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_ping

Well, thanks for the support.

Hey kids, don't repeat my mistake of doing SnS during 'A' levels...
Old 2010-10-29, 10:46   Link #5813
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks for the summary Flere, some thoughts about it:
- So because she doesn't knows Gunha's name she can't demand a rematch? What? Isn't she chasing Touma despite it seems he has no idea of his name? Is more easy to find one of only 7 Level5s instead searching for a Level 0 on a city where a lot of them can be found.

- Gunha is trully badass, to think he was utterly pwned without efforts by Ollerus...
Old 2010-10-29, 11:05   Link #5814
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thanks for the summary Flere, some thoughts about it:
- So because she doesn't knows Gunha's name she can't demand a rematch? What? Isn't she chasing Touma despite it seems he has no idea of his name? Is more easy to find one of only 7 Level5s instead searching for a Level 0 on a city where a lot of them can be found.

You're forgetting that both Touma and Mikoto have to travel roughly the same route to school and back, as they are both in the 7th district. So they are bound to run into each other more often

Gunha... I get the feeling he's patrolling the WHOLE of Academy City so he's the rarer pokemon.

Quote:
- Gunha is trully badass, to think he was utterly pwned without efforts by Ollerus...
Funny how both of them have mysterious and unexplainable powers.

Hell, if Aleister can so easily comprehend Imagine Breaker, maybe he could try explaining Gunha to us...
Old 2010-10-29, 11:18   Link #5815
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're forgetting that both Touma and Mikoto have to travel roughly the same route to school and back, as they are both in the 7th district. So they are bound to run into each other more often

Gunha... I get the feeling he's patrolling the WHOLE of Academy City so he's the rarer pokemon.
Funny how both of them have mysterious and unexplainable powers.
When he fought Ollerus, which district was? Wan't the 7th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hell, if Aleister can so easily comprehend Imagine Breaker, maybe he could try explaining Gunha to us...
Mewtwo!

Maybe later, Gunha was mentioned in the afterword from Vol.22.

And every character introduced in the SS(1 and 2) eventually appeared in the novels.

Examples:
- Stephanie Georgeouspalace from SS2 ----> Vol. 19, hunting down Saiai.
- Ollerus and Silvya from SS2 ----> Vol. 22, picking up a half dead Fiamma.
- Bardway from Stiyl's SS ---- > Vol. 22 helping during the disaster caused by Fiamma.
- And the best example, Hamazura Shiage from SS1----> Vol. 15, enough said.

So, I think that Gunha will have some spotlight for the nexts volumes and maybe others characters.
Old 2010-10-29, 11:47   Link #5816
outerelf

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 11 Chap 5: Recent Translators note:
I believe this is referring to Simon of Cyrene. Actually, Jesus did not carry the Cross by himself depending on which version of the Bible you read. (Yes, there are many different versions of the Bible). I believe it's in John that he doesn't mention Simon- Matthew does however.
Old 2010-10-29, 12:58   Link #5817
Miraluka
Banned

Kinda obvious, afterall the apostles were hiding being afraid of getting captured by the Romans.
Old 2010-10-29, 13:10   Link #5818
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
When he fought Ollerus, which district was? Wan't the 7th?
The 11th District, at the cargo container storage area.
Old 2010-10-29, 14:21   Link #5819
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
1) It's Tatemiya-san, not Saiji-san.

2) I think it's more of a massage battle. Haven't gotten original RAWs for 17, so I can't tell.

When you feel like you've checked enough, go ahead and upload it.
bleh it wouldnt matter if i type saiji right, i mean its just a question of first or last name plus tatemiya is longer >.>

hm massage battle, that would make more sense, since the literal translation was something like "massage big battle" but i was WTFing so i put down groping battle instead.

anyway thnx gonna go edit now

edit :
Vol 17 Chap 1 Part 1: Itsuwa should really get that Great Elemental Fairy costume XD

Last edited by pikachuwei; 2010-10-29 at 14:35.
Old 2010-10-29, 14:26   Link #5820
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I've got some new info on one of the Railgun Special feature Light Novels: this one is from the 5th Railgun manga. Set some time after the end of the Level Upper arc. Not written by Kamachi Kazuma, but it is supervised by him.

Author: 成田良悟

Summary:

Spoiler:
I'm starting to like Gunha as well. I love how Mikoto couldn't really do anything really damaging to him and how the dorm manager suddenly appeared and dealed divine punishment on them. I wonder who exactly the dorm manager is...

Quote:
Mikoto is known to many people in the 7th district as “That crazy bitch from Tokiwadai” since she keeps frying everyone’s electric equipment when she starts fighting. As soon as they saw the lightning everybody started to turn off their equipment and gone into ‘anti-disaster’ mode xD
She really doesn't seem to notice or care how her fighting affects her surroundings all that much. "That crazy bitch from Tokiwadai" suits her well.

By the way, was this the novel the Baccano!/Durarara!! author wrote?

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen