Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 06:52   Link #2361
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Need advice...
Anyone who plays DH, is DH that focused in critical build can survive on Hell difficulty?
What area should i buff, as i will look on item in AH...
As for now, i am far too vunerable, but am confused should i start looking for resistance or just buff my vitality...
I did all of Hell with no resistances at all. Focus on damage and get enough HP to comfortably kill Reflect Damage packs. Get some +disc gear (I had 47 disc through almost all of Hell), lay Caltrops in the ground and keep enemies at the edge of your screen.

I did Azmodan - Prime Evil on Inferno (still Izual and Diablo left) with a Wizard friend last night. My DH has 16k HP and no resistances at all. I had to stack some vitality for Azmodan though, since the pools he summons on the ground are bugged: you can get hit even if the edge of the actual pool is many yards away on screen. ~35k HP was enough to survive one hit, use a potion and take another hit. It was a really fun fight, albeit frustrating at times.

After Act II it became apparent that stacking vita/defense/resistances is not really worth it; stuff one-shots you anyways. Of course I would like to have those stats, but my in game gold balance disagrees.

Btw, this tactic worked in our co-op game against Iskatu. My friend had already died and I just decided to wing it.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:53   Link #2362
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, it's still funny how I have more trouble dealing with Izual than Diablo
It's the ice, isn't it?

Seriously, being frozen solid = dead. I wondered why good boots cost so much, until I realised boots with 12% movement is nearly mandatory in higher difficulties; if you can't run away, you die.

Currently playing Act III Hell, in the dungeons. Using my seeker magic missile with passive slow. I just keep firing around corners until everything dies. Don't know how I ever lived without them.

EDIT: I hope Blizzard would add a few more columns to the search attribute section of the AH. Three isn't enough if I want something specific.
Old 2012-06-04, 07:25   Link #2363
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
I did all of Hell with no resistances at all. Focus on damage and get enough HP to comfortably kill Reflect Damage packs. Get some +disc gear (I had 47 disc through almost all of Hell), lay Caltrops in the ground and keep enemies at the edge of your screen.

I did Azmodan - Prime Evil on Inferno (still Izual and Diablo left) with a Wizard friend last night. My DH has 16k HP and no resistances at all. I had to stack some vitality for Azmodan though, since the pools he summons on the ground are bugged: you can get hit even if the edge of the actual pool is many yards away on screen. ~35k HP was enough to survive one hit, use a potion and take another hit. It was a really fun fight, albeit frustrating at times.

After Act II it became apparent that stacking vita/defense/resistances is not really worth it; stuff one-shots you anyways. Of course I would like to have those stats, but my in game gold balance disagrees.

Btw, this tactic worked in our co-op game against Iskatu. My friend had already died and I just decided to wing it.
What does +disc mean??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 07:26   Link #2364
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
What does +disc mean??
+Discipline, the secondary resource for Demon Hunters.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-04, 08:06   Link #2365
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I have 10,000 DPS on my Wizard going into Act 1 Inferno, and I still find that I need at least 3 hits to kill the lowliest undead. It must've been painful going through Hell with only 6,900 DPS

Oddly though, I breezed through Act IV Hell much easier than Act III, since I managed to save enough gold to upgrade my gear going into Act IV.

Also, it's still funny how I have more trouble dealing with Izual than Diablo
I only had 4k in hell. ;p

Bought a 550 dps weapon that gave me 800 more dps for 8800 gold.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:36   Link #2366
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Focussing on DEX and VIT !!!
So far i can solo act 1 hell with no problem...
Thanks for the advices, guys...

Currently DPS 8k with crit around 15k...
Old 2012-06-04, 12:00   Link #2367
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Throwing Barb is nice and all, but I found it's kinda lacking in Inferno. Guess my gear is still not enough. I really need higher crit chance.

Currently switching to tank Barb, and leaving all the dps to my mates.
Old 2012-06-04, 13:26   Link #2368
Sides

Yes, finally managed to get all components for the Staff of Herding. The drop rate for recipe is a bit annoying as it is not a magic item, and the way to Izual can be a bit time consuming. But the reward is fun
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 18:15   Link #2369
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...l-improvements

Good to see what they are adding, I don't like the fact that they are trying to avoid making the Ui more complex for the advance players. I do understand it is modular, and hard to change.

Quote:
I think a lot of additions are inevitable, but the game just came out 3 weeks ago and we’re looking at a product where we’ll be adding and tweaking for years and years.
Awesome, I'm really enjoying D3 glad they do have plans to expand on it.
Old 2012-06-04, 20:42   Link #2370
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Bought a 550 dps weapon that gave me 800 more dps for 8800 gold.
>_> Where do you people get those deals? Then again, given Skane's suggestion of using ASPD, Life on Hit, and Socket, it's hard to get anything my level that has more than 250 DPS AND gives good secondary abilities (I look for Dex and Vit) that's cheap too.
Old 2012-06-04, 20:56   Link #2371
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

If you want cheap, don't be picky. Just filter it by your most important stats at most and buy it! A weapon with twice your existing dps and no mods is better because it's the best way to improve your damage.

However, it does get easier at level 60 because sub 500 dps weapons are not very valued by that time. So you might want to search for l60 weapons-- it shouldn't take you long to reach it anyways.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-04, 21:19   Link #2372
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
>_> Where do you people get those deals? Then again, given Skane's suggestion of using ASPD, Life on Hit, and Socket, it's hard to get anything my level that has more than 250 DPS AND gives good secondary abilities (I look for Dex and Vit) that's cheap too.
I do a sort by DPS to get an idea on the max DPS for a level, then sort by buyout price to find one with a low buyout price after filtering with the stats I want.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 21:22   Link #2373
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

One has to realize that any weapon before 60 (and maybe even after) is disposable. Thus, the main concern is not cost effectiveness of the weapon, but simply allowing you to reach level 60 faster. Thus, don't pay a premium for any mods; just take the most practical things from it.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-04, 22:00   Link #2374
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Question: are there any attack that cant be dodge??

From my observation, i can only name two:
- Descerator
- Reflect Damage

Any others?
Old 2012-06-04, 23:14   Link #2375
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Honestly, the sand wasps in act II inferno were pretty retarded. They spam the screen with their shit as everything else they shot at you.

But then I see a mortar elite pack of them and died in 1 hit. Honestly, I didn't even get pissed. I just lol'd and hit leave game since that is my roadback.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-04, 23:25   Link #2376
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I only have 28k health, and I can take at least four hits of those without a shield. (the non-elites)
They're not really too much of a concern, as they spit them rather slowly, and yes, you can dodge them as well.

Fast+mortar enemies are pain regardless of what they are.

Quills in Act 3 I figure would be much more deadly as avoiding those are neigh impossible.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:46   Link #2377
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well those guys are especially bad as elite monsters. Regular mobs usually aren't too bad but elite monsters are way tougher than act bosses.

Just going to farm act 1 for now. Am I gonna have to shell out 6 digits for usable equipment?

Also, by inferno, what's the point of co-op games? It just makes the game harder and it's not like you can earn more exp anyways?

My DPS (9k) is obviously not cutting it. The thing is my weapon affords me about 4k life, but I'll try to just buy another weapon with just damage on it and see what happens.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-04, 23:54   Link #2378
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes.
Progressively, from Act2 and on, actuall good gear are in the millions per gear.
You can get millions a day from Act1 alone though.

As for co-op, public games will just make it harder, yes.
But a well communicated team effort can actually progress Inferno better than solo.
The biggest advantage of it is constant stready stream of damage output, whereas in solo, there's no damage done to the mobs while you're kiting.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:58   Link #2379
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

In the Act 1 Inferno pubbies I've played, we do ok til an elite pack shows up. Sometimes the game just ends up with everyone ragequitting. Sometimes we manage to take them out and that "Out of time" bullshit comes to piss on us. It serves nothing but to kill us a few more times, but hardcore would suck.

I can't really blame anyone for being ineffective... they just can't afford anything decent atm. "Hey guys you've been kiting too long ,we're gonna kill you anyways even though it's the only thing people can do"

Fine it makes sense with bosses, but run out of the mill elites? really?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-05, 00:32   Link #2380
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Fine it makes sense with bosses, but run out of the mill elites? really?
I think it make the game more fun, at least for me. I'm just sick of running for specific boss to search for specific drop in D2.

And as aohige has said:
Quote:
As for co-op, public games will just make it harder, yes.
But a well communicated team effort can actually progress Inferno better than solo.
I have never joined any public game, as I only play alone or with my friends. My experience from various games tell me that public is the fine way to ruin your game these days.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler