AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 01:31   Link #3321
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Well, time to retire from DIII until the new patch.
Don't see why I should use the next two weeks playing an unenjoyable game when I can play a better game later.
Bought myself the classic Age of Empires for cheap today. Will play offline singleplayer again until the new patch.
Old 2012-08-11, 01:45   Link #3322
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
What the fuck.

I kill Fatty Azmo with Myssa's help. So I come back later and find out I have to kill him again to go to act 4. Whatever. Maybe you're not allowed to skip stuff. So I go from Siegebreaker to Azmo; step into the portal...

and go into act 4... Naturally Act 4 is retarded and I quit, but I can no longer create an Act 4 game. >.>

But I CAN join act 4 public games...My profile says I'm in Act IV, I just can't make my own. Shit's retarded.

Oh well, at least I realize I can venture into act 3 with my 119% gold find. It's too bad I instantly melt against Fire Chains/Arcane.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-11 at 01:58.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 03:50   Link #3323
Wigwams

yeah you gotta get a waypoint for it to "save" in single player. should try to kill ishtaku and get the waypoint next time. very near.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:52   Link #3324
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I'm just not strong enough to kill him atm.

And the fact that advancing to the next act isn't a checkpoint is ridiculous. >.> I already paid my 40k toll in repairs to get over. >.>

Actually I remember having to do siegebreaker again, even though I've killed it repeatedly in the past... just cuz I didn't take a waypoint?

Oh wait, maybe I have to kill Cydea? Then again Act 4 has nothing to offer anyways. I just want to have it in my quest log.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-11, 13:13   Link #3325
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Oh wait, maybe I have to kill Cydea?
I'm pretty sure that you have to kill Iskatu before you get a Checkpoint for Act IV. If you want, I can help you with that tomorrow.
Old 2012-08-11, 13:40   Link #3326
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
what's the best/easiest/cost effective class to gear and MF farm with? i have a budget of around 26m to spend.

taking into consideration that trash mobs will be dropping alot more, i feel its good to go for MF now. and also the fact that we can now go full MF while other people do the job.
Tornado barb. The official forums have more details, since I'm posting from my smartphone and can't type a whole lot.
Old 2012-08-11, 13:48   Link #3327
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm pretty sure that you have to kill Iskatu before you get a Checkpoint for Act IV. If you want, I can help you with that tomorrow.
/facepalm

Just wasted my time killing Cydea then. And I had to kill a shielding nightmarish elite pack together with a frozen shielding elite pack along the way. And they were of the "kite for 6 billion years", "shield for the next 6 billion" while nightmaring you the rest of the time. And then enrage happened so I went back to town and came back to finish them off. >.>

Cydea herself took 3 tries unfortunately. The 2nd try was especially crappy because I died when she had less than 5% health left. 3rd time I sacrificed my valor stacks to switch to mystic Earth Ally to help tank those spiderlings along with my enchantress. And why the fuck can they hit me from so far away?

It makes absolutely no sense that the act 3 boss is NOT a checkpoint when every other god damned boss, no matter how insignificant, is.

I know Act 4 was short, but damn, lol. And we'd have to kill Fatty again, of which I don't really care for anymore.

I'll just collect some more gold in anticipation of the next patch.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-11 at 14:19.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:15   Link #3328
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually I have a waypoint for the next segment if you want to skip Iskatu. The fight itself can get frustrating real quick, given the shadow vermin swarming around you make it hard to move properly, and Iskatu has Desecrate as a native skill.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:49   Link #3329
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Tornado barb. The official forums have more details, since I'm posting from my smartphone and can't type a whole lot.
i cant find anything. i hope you can tell me more about it.
Old 2012-08-11, 23:39   Link #3330
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
i cant find anything. i hope you can tell me more about it.
Now that I'm back home,

Basically a tornado barb relies on a particular rune of the sprint skill; the one that spawns tornadoes behind you as you run. By equipping gear that stacks a lot of critical hit chance, and combining the ruthless and weapon master passives plus an axe or mace weapon as you main hand, you end up with quite a bit of crit chance. You then combine sprint tornadoes with the battle rage rune that gives you a chance to gain 15 fury per critical hit.

You can see where this is going. You activate battle rage, then run around in-between enemies, in circles around enemies, or away from enemies, all the while the tornadoes generated by your sprint are hitting the enemy for a lot of damage. They also crit, hence giving back fury. The result is that as long as your battle rage is up, and there are enemies to hit, you can sprint indefinitely and kill enemies with the tornadoes you leave behind.

You typically also add whirlwind with hurricane rune (or sometimes the tornado rune for extra tornadoes) in case you need to pass through enemies, cause getting boxed in stops you from moving, and thus spawning tornadoes. Elite monsters seem to proc more crits than regular mobs, so when I face elite packs I sprint and whirlwind at the same time to deal extra damage and move through in and out the pack.

There's a particular way you have to move in order to spawn tornadoes; you have to move in a wide-enough a circle, or zig-zag back and forth with enough space between zags for the tornadoes to spawn. You'll see.

Combine with warcry and impunity for the fury gen and the defense.

Also have wrath of the berserker with thrive on chaos, which is the rune that extends the duration of the effect everytime you gain 15 fury. Use this when you're facing tough elites that sometimes have jailer or frozen effects, because wotb renders you immune to those effects. By combining battle rage with sprint-nadoes constantly proccing crits, you gain tons of fury constantly and thus you can extend wrath of the berserker for the entire duration of the fight. Remember that wotb is extended everytime fury is GENERATED, so if you're at full fury you're not generating any fury hence your wotb will no longer keep extending itself. At that point, use whirlwind and spam sprint as much as you need to keep your fury from topping itself out.

Last skill is up to debate. I use bash with instigation, which gives extra fury per hit. I use this for treasure goblins, or if I need to hit something and get some fury to get my sprint-tornadoes going.

Other people add overpower with the rune that reflects damage. Critical hits have a chance of reducing the cooldown of this skill, so the crits procced from the sprint tornadoes will let you overpower almost indefinitely as well. With enough life on hit, what occurs is that when you sprint through something like a plague pool or molten pool, you will reflect a portion of the damage done by those aoe effects, and each reflection counts as a hit, thus proccing your life on hit. What results is that stuff like desecrator, plague, and molten pools will actually HEAL you when you pass over them, provided you have enough life on hit (I guess something like 1400 or higher).

Basically you start a fight with warcry, hit battle rage, whack an enemy a couple of times for the fury, then hit sprint and start running around close to all the enemies in a pack, and the tornadoes will start damaging them and producing critical hits which proc the battle rage rune that gives you fury, hence allowing you to keep sprinting indefinitely, running around enemies and keep doing damage to them until they're dead. If you go with overpower instead of a fury generator, you have to let yourself get hit enough times (usually a couple I think) to build enough fury to start the sprinting. It's riskier, and if you're geared enough that you don't need the healing on plague/molten pools and damage reflection, then go with bash with instigation.

This build lets you deal a tone of damage to enemies, but the real benefit is that it lets you do it very quickly. I can clear through a farming run in inferno act 1 with extreme speed, and most elite packs I can down in less than ten seconds with 16k base dps.

That's basically the tornado build, or sometimes called the WW build.

EDIT:

Here's one video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-Xa...7D923A1116529D

Adding attack speed also helps.
Old 2012-08-12, 00:58   Link #3331
Wigwams

ok. i must save/bookmark this post first since my barb is still lvl 17 so i dont know all the spells/runes yet. but i understand.

so how about for gears?
i just have to make sure to get crit on every possible slot?
how much LOH, AR, STR, VIT for act 2/3?
Old 2012-08-12, 12:13   Link #3332
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

And so my Wizard finishes his transition from Glass Cannon to Critical Mass. Meh, I'm technically broke now (don't let that 3 mil fool you, as that's all that's left from more than 10 mil), and given the changes coming in two weeks, who knows if the build will still be viable then. But it's done. Finally. No more running away from most Elite mobs, damnit.

Spoiler for Spoiler for sake of space:
Old 2012-08-12, 12:55   Link #3333
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
ok. i must save/bookmark this post first since my barb is still lvl 17 so i dont know all the spells/runes yet. but i understand.

so how about for gears?
i just have to make sure to get crit on every possible slot?
how much LOH, AR, STR, VIT for act 2/3?
My barb has about 1500 LOH, 450-500 all resists with warcry/impunity, about 1100 Str, 23k HP worth of Vit, about 7300 armor with warcry/impunity, about 14k base dps (I mentioned 16k before but I rechecked), and with ruthless and weapon master passives about 50% total crit chance. (I also have 220 MF with full stacks)

With this setup my barb can easily farm all of act 1 without dying once, but if I wanted to farm act 2 and above I'd definitely want at least 600 all resists, and perhaps at least 20k dps. At least 25k dps for act 3, I'm pretty sure. I'll probably want some attack speed as well, but my char's biggest weakness now is resists.

Crit chance can be found on rings, amulet, helm, gloves, and bracers. You want as much crit chance as you can find on those pieces of gear, but you need to fit in your defense stats as well if you want to farm act 2 and above. Your main sources of of LoH will likely be your weapons, and try to make sure they've got sockets so that you can stick emeralds in them to increase their crit damage. It's going to be really costly, but try to stick crit dmg, attack speed stats into your crit chance gears as well. For everything else, try to fit MF, defensives stats, maybe some life regen (but with enough LoH probably not really needed)
Old 2012-08-12, 12:57   Link #3334
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And so my Wizard finishes his transition from Glass Cannon to Critical Mass. Meh, I'm technically broke now (don't let that 3 mil fool you, as that's all that's left from more than 10 mil), and given the changes coming in two weeks, who knows if the build will still be viable then. But it's done. Finally. No more running away from most Elite mobs, damnit.

Spoiler for Spoiler for sake of space:
I have a CM wizard with similar stats to yours, but with about 200 MF with full stacks. Is that MF gear you're wearing?
Old 2012-08-12, 17:17   Link #3335
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

No, my wizard's equipment has no native Magic Find. I have a single set with GF/MF, and it's leaning towards Dex more, meaning it's only usable by either my monk or my daemonhunter.

Also, there's the other problem of actually FINDING gear on sale with both Critical chance and Gold Find or Magic Find, or on the cheap for that matter. Gearing for this build is, frankly, expensive.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-08-12 at 21:11.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 15:15   Link #3336
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

@Wigwams: Forgot to tell you but you need to bind a key to the "Move" command in the options, so that you can sprint without accidentally left-clicking on an enemy.
Old 2012-08-14, 11:24   Link #3337
vrz

hey guys im planning to quit d3

is there a better way to sell of my gold than on AH??
vrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:03   Link #3338
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrz View Post
hey guys im planning to quit d3

is there a better way to sell of my gold than on AH??
The fastest legit way to sell gold is not directly via AH. The market sell price of gold is lower than Blizzard allowed. You only get around that by buying gems and then sell the gem in the RMAH. (This is why gems are actually cheaper than the crafting cost. This is used as a foreign exchange medium. Gems will sell instantly while gold will NEVER sell.)

This is why gold isn't selling on the RMAH at all; no one will buy it at the minimum price.
Old 2012-08-14, 12:16   Link #3339
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The ah price of star gems are higher than the crafting cost right now. It costs 500k gold to craft a star gem starting from flawless squares farmed in inferno, while star emeralds for example are around 640k on the ah. Probably the same for higher gems
Old 2012-08-14, 12:39   Link #3340
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The ah price of star gems are higher than the crafting cost right now. It costs 500k gold to craft a star gem starting from flawless squares farmed in inferno, while star emeralds for example are around 640k on the ah. Probably the same for higher gems
It fluctuates. There was a gem crash when a bunch of people cashed out. On that note, brimstone is now going nuts in price due to the assumption that all the current Uniques would be out of date after the next patch.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler