AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-22, 07:22   Link #1001
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
Hmmm.... Just watched the first bit of the first ep of elfen lied.... Who was in the control room that opened the doors to let Lucy out of her cage??.... I also noticed everone was dead in the control room too.... WTF?
Spoiler for who let lucy out:

Last edited by slayer; 2004-11-22 at 10:41.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 12:52   Link #1002
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Spoiler for About her getting out:
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:09   Link #1003
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It was the son of old-man Kakuzawa that opened the hatches of the door and let Lucy escaped.

He killed the guards at the control room who were operating the hatches.

He's only addressed by his last name and title, Prof. Kakuzawa or calling him Kakuzawa Jr.

Who later gets his head popped up for giving thoughts and attempting to touch Nyu-Lucy.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:27   Link #1004
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sorry for my double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer
why dont they just make second season of elfen lied......... god damn it they go enough manga there to make a move + a season
Yes, I also wish for a second season, however, I have the feeling that the staff who made the series felt pleased with how it turned out for the anime. Therefore, viewing no need for a second season.

If that's going to turn out into their last words, bastards they are.

I don't feel very pleased with how the pace flowed from episode 12 til the end.

Just look. Although the anime ending was left opened within a sense of full closure, it was full of paradoxes and worst of all contradictory ones.

1. Does Kouta ever realized Lucys' feelings for him?
2. Did Lucy ever explained the reason why she killed Kouta's family to him?
3. What was the whole point regarding the promise that Lucy wanted Kouta swear to her about killing her if she ever began to murder people, during their childhood?
4. Aside from being friendly and becoming part of other family member, did Nyu has had any other role to accomplish?
5. Would we ever get to see Lucy apologizing to someone else that is not Kouta? Forgive people and grant them a second chance?
6. Will someday Yuka confess to Kouta the motives behind her jealousy and regretting before him due to Kouta's childhood trauma?
7. What about Nana? Would we ever know how Kurama came into her life and what were her first feelings toward him upon experiencing kindness for first time?
8. What was that bastard Kakuzawa master plan deal about, if he no longer needed Lucy alive for it? Why does he changes his mind about Lucy's utility, recalling that in a middle episode he said that when Lucy climaxes all humanity will meet its end, but in the last episode changes his plot and wants Lucy not captured but rather full dead?
9. Will Lucy achieve someday hope, believe in herself, admit that she along with people make mistakes, and realizing that others suffer or had suffered like her to understand that she's no longer alone and that the whole world had never fully turned the back on her, as she initially thought so?
10. MOST IMPORTANT Really do Diclonus are borned just to specifically kill human beings? Can't they attempt to rebel against that instinct and take full, individual control of their fates and decide by themselves just like ordinary humans do? If Diclonus are indeed a natural evolution of the human lineage, were they deliberately either provoked or genetically programmed to murder humans?
Or are they mutants borned or raised to become biological weapons?
Old 2004-11-22, 23:17   Link #1005
slayer
essense

lol i full heartly agree with you.. that ending was total bs and didnt answer many of the viewers questions.. how do they sleep at night?

Yes the ending was great in the fact that it was satisfying the relationship somewhat between kouta and lucy but as mentioned above its no where near a fma ending too many untied ends

online petition? lol
Old 2004-11-23, 20:34   Link #1006
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Send a message via AIM to SpOiLeR
Quote:
lol i full heartly agree with you.. that ending was total bs and didnt answer many of the viewers questions.. how do they sleep at night?

Yes the ending was great in the fact that it was satisfying the relationship somewhat between kouta and lucy but as mentioned above its no where near a fma ending too many untied ends

online petition? lol
which is why we need a second season to explain more about diclonius' and answer questions
SpOiLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:08   Link #1007
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Nah we need 2nd season to see Kouta get it on with all the girls...well except for Mayu unless he's a perv
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:16   Link #1008
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Nah we need 2nd season to see Kouta get it on with all the girls...well except for Mayu unless he's a perv
I was satisfied with the ending (being the romantic sap that I am), but I'd welcome a second season nevertheless. Kouta can have Lucy and Yuka; Mayu and Nana need to get it on with each other.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:54   Link #1009
slayer
essense

bah getting it on with two gals is like the best shit ever but we all know deep inside it will never happen or will the story writer make it happen like that O_O who knows... i just hope they make second
Old 2004-11-23, 22:32   Link #1010
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
how do they sleep at night?

To quote puppets who kill

"Like everyone else, Sleeping Pills and Booze"

The ending of Elfen Lied left to many things open....
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 23:43   Link #1011
slayer
essense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
To quote puppets who kill

"Like everyone else, Sleeping Pills and Booze"

The ending of Elfen Lied left to many things open....
i hope they dont sleep and when they sleep they dream about it and when the dream about it they scream about it I hope their kids dream about it and when they dream they scream about it

Last edited by slayer; 2004-11-24 at 00:47.
Old 2004-11-25, 02:22   Link #1012
MiT

So many unanswered questions indeed...

I want to know what the (head guy's name, it's slipped my mind)'s master plan is, darn it!

*wants second season*

Or an OVA...

Spoiler for About her getting out:
MiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 08:26   Link #1013
entryway

Lets go over the obvious stuff
Quote:
1. Does Kouta ever realized Lucys' feelings for him?
Does anyone realize what Lucy's feelings are? Since Kouta accepts responsibility for what happened many years ago I guess he knows how much Lucy hates him. Anything else he can only hope for.
Quote:
2. Did Lucy ever explained the reason why she killed Kouta's family to him?
She calls him a liar for going out with another girl. Guess Lucy expected other "normal" humans would treat her better but all hope has vanished after Kouta's betrayal and she started her crusade against the humanity.
Quote:
3. What was the whole point regarding the promise that Lucy wanted Kouta swear to her about killing her if she ever began to murder people, during their childhood?
Lucy was a weird orphant girl one day and brutal murderer the next. Naturally the future of being the latter doesn't seem bright but at the same time very likely.
Quote:
4. Aside from being friendly and becoming part of other family member, did Nyu has had any other role to accomplish?
Guess it shows how hollow Lucy really is when her hatred towards the world is stripped away.
Quote:
6. Will someday Yuka confess to Kouta the motives behind her jealousy and regretting before him due to Kouta's childhood trauma?
IMHO that relationship needs to develop some more to decide if Yuka only seeks his attention or the feeling is much more substantial.
Quote:
7. What about Nana? Would we ever know how Kurama came into her life and what were her first feelings toward him upon experiencing kindness for first time?
We've seen how heartless Kurama can be and probably he tries to compensate that when dealing with confined diclonuses. Even him slapping Lucy goes unpunished.
Quote:
5. Would we ever get to see Lucy apologizing to someone else that is not Kouta? Forgive people and grant them a second chance?
9. Will Lucy achieve someday hope, believe in herself, admit that she along with people make mistakes, and realizing that others suffer or had suffered like her to understand that she's no longer alone and that the whole world had never fully turned the back on her, as she initially thought so?
Well we know that a young Lucy has suffered a serious mental trauma because of certain incidents which at that age can lead to a number of psychoses some of which often dont manifest themselves for years. Trying to fight them alone can often be disastrous so I think it largely depends on how her relations with the Kouta's "family" will go
Quote:
10. MOST IMPORTANT Really do Diclonus are borned just to specifically kill human beings? Can't they attempt to rebel against that instinct and take full, individual control of their fates and decide by themselves just like ordinary humans do? If Diclonus are indeed a natural evolution of the human lineage, were they deliberately either provoked or genetically programmed to murder humans? Or are they mutants borned or raised to become biological weapons?
Ever heard of the school shootings? It requires a greater deal of persistance to obtain a gun, bring it to school and shoot people for half an hour than to go apeshit with the vectors for a moment. I'm not sure if "people with super powers cant blend in" is the message of the series but some other mutant/superhero stories deal with similar problems. It might look that Nana can fight the urge to mutilate every person she meets but it's obvious that she lives in denial. She won't fight someone who put gun to her head and that's hardly adequate.
entryway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:28   Link #1014
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by entryway
Lets go over the obvious stuff
Sorry, but I'm still neither convinced nor buying it all your explanation. Some parts I agree with you, but the vast majority not.

I'm the kind of folk that needs to listen, view, and understand both the objective and subjective issues.

I don't simply know how do I feel about the anime. It left me confused for the last two episodes. Some parts I did felt empathy for: a) Lucy's childhood trauma; rotten kids may burn in hell and b) Kouta's childhood trauma; just to name this two examples for a start.

The staff that worked around the anime seems that were very persistent to depict a full atmosphere of isolation, but I feel they weren't able to handle subtle changes from isolation to separation among the characters.
I also disliked how the anime crew treated the characters: like they were left incompleted or unfinished with a few of them leaving some business pending.

And I really disliked totally how they portrayed Lucy. The anime just left me with an array of jumbled, confused feelings for her.
That's why I'm reading the manga, and man it has delivered me from many kinds of doubts and mixed feelings within the moral, psychological, and emotional aspects.
I simply love and hate, at the same time, the manga version for Lucy. No matter how much do I call her the EVIL GODDESS of carnage and despise her at all, she manages to earn my sympathy and empathy. Okamoto-san portrays the complete, full side of her psychosis. She doesn't hold back her hatred and disdain against people to the boiling point of making others more miserable than how she was or felt at the beginning through physical and mental torture; she's playing with their feelings just like people in the past did toyed with her.
I just hope that in the manga, Lucy touches rock-bottom into the abyss of mysogyny and psychotic insanity, and in case she's already there, then falling even deeper into utter, evil psychosis.

On the other hand, the anime crew simply just watered down her personality. I felt that she just contained her inner rage and sadness. Even when we get into the apoligizing scene with Kouta, she still holds back lots of the stress, burden, and hellish trauma that she's been exposed and suffered through.

Therefore, I'm not convinced with your reply for my questions 1-5 and 9. It's not that easy to come up with those conclusions for Lucy given that she always internalized all of her conflicting emotions in the anime.
That's what the show needed handfully. Study, exploration, and empathy understanding of the main characters troubles, nature, current personality, outcomed desires from their personal traumas, and importantly their illusions.

The manga fills little by little about the protagonists present personalities, however, takes it time without giving out too much.
Old 2004-11-25, 11:47   Link #1015
entryway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Sorry, but I'm still neither convinced nor buying it all your explanation.
Well it was supposed to be a joke (knowing how obvious the series is) but I see it was a bad one

Quote:
It's not that easy to come up with those conclusions for Lucy given that she always internalized all of her conflicting emotions in the anime.
That's what the show needed handfully. Study, exploration, and empathy understanding of the main characters troubles, nature, current personality, outcomed desires from their personal traumas, and importantly their illusions.
Well I'm not trying to speculate about Lucy's emotions and certainly cant guess what was left out of the picture. We're supposed to draw conclusions from what we have at the moment. Since the characters spend so little time together (especially "evil" Lucy and Kouta) flashbacks are really all we get to relate the current events to. Guess I dont pay much attention to all the killing and really think it's quite consequential. We all have that ability to begin with just that our thoughts arent enough.

One of the things I also dont want to touch is trying to justify/condemn Lucy. Any ideas about how it all happened are interesting though.
Old 2004-11-25, 15:29   Link #1016
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Well I'm not trying to speculate about Lucy's emotions and certainly cant guess what was left out of the picture.
That's why I suggest to everybody else to look forward and give a try to the manga.
Old 2004-11-25, 15:39   Link #1017
slayer
essense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
That's why I suggest to everybody else to look forward and give a try to the manga.
well for one thing the manga filled in some holes in the series like what really happened after battle with 35 and lucy and nana and director

as for drawing conclusions.... well doing it from the manga will be better because lucy is best shown there....... every character is displayed more originally like how lucy is alot more evil and less sympathetic to anyone.
Old 2004-11-26, 04:46   Link #1018
entryway

Well if there's something in the manga that might be of interest feel free to bring that up. Especially on how else they explain the "unforgiving evil godess" leaving Kouta and Yuka alive
Old 2004-11-26, 09:40   Link #1019
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The manga can be discussed in its respective thread within AnimeSuki.

Anyone else interested should visit the following link below:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22214

Read, discuss, ask questions, and post anything related to the manga once you get there.
Old 2004-11-26, 20:12   Link #1020
slayer
essense

Quote:
Well if there's something in the manga that might be of interest feel free to bring that up. Especially on how else they explain the "unforgiving evil godess" leaving Kouta and Yuka alive
more non sympathetic and more unforgiving does not always mean she will take everyones life.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen