AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-10, 16:22   Link #81
Silver_Scorcher

Yeah, but I'm betting that CN probably got a crap-load of hate mail from alot of angry fans. And considering the low ratings SEED has gotten because of that, CN may not be so eager to decide to air Destiny now that I think about it.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 16:26   Link #82
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Yeah, but I'm betting that CN probably got a crap-load of hate mail from alot of angry fans. And considering the low ratings SEED has gotten because of that, CN may not be so eager to decide to air Destiny now that I think about it.
Well it's their own fault for fucking it up. I don't understand why they bother dubbing at all. They should just stick to subs and show them how they were meant to be seen.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:21   Link #83
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
Well it's their own fault for fucking it up. I don't understand why they bother dubbing at all. They should just stick to subs and show them how they were meant to be seen.
That would decrease the rating even further. It's pretty much been proven that your average television viewer would sooner change the channel than read subtitles.

Out of the anime viewing population maybe 10%, at best, watch things subtitled. The rest prefer and watch the English dub versions.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:41   Link #84
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
A lot of people like to go around claiming that Canadians are more accepting of watching subtitled programming on television. Even if that were the case, it still wouldn't beneficial to the shows in any way. The point of airing airing anime on television is not to satisfy hardcore anime fans, but to introduce new audiences to great titles. If YTV were to air the shows subtitled, the potential audience would be seriously diminished.

Also, based on the first ratings report and the general amount of reception that the show has been receiving on YTV's market analysis tool... I mean message boards, I would say that YTV will likely be more interested in picking up Destiny than CN will.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 17:42   Link #85
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Its nice, isn't it?

Japanese believe their children are smart enough not to pick up a gun and shoot themselves in the head if they see it on TV.

Americans, However, my god, It just speaks for itself.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 21:10   Link #86
Darkon
Dark Warlord

Send a message via MSN to Darkon
Yeah, I don't bother watching the dubbed version. The subbed versions are much better, IMO. Not to mention the fact that I have to wait a week for each episode to air on YTV. I don't know about you guys, but that's just way too long for me to wait.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 21:16   Link #87
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon
Yeah, I don't bother watching the dubbed version. The subbed versions are much better, IMO. Not to mention the fact that I have to wait a week for each episode to air on YTV. I don't know about you guys, but that's just way too long for me to wait.
Don't make this into another "Sub vs. Dub" thread.

You can't wait a week to watch a new episode on YTV? However do you manage the week wait between fansub releases of series?
Old 2004-12-10, 21:24   Link #88
Darkon
Dark Warlord

Send a message via MSN to Darkon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Don't make this into another "Sub vs. Dub" thread.

You can't wait a week to watch a new episode on YTV? However do you manage the week wait between fansub releases of series?
Geez, I didn't intend to make this into a 'Sub Vs. Dub' thread. I'm new to the forums. You don't have to make me feel bad by going postal on my sorry ***. The only reason I 'manage' the week wait between fan-subs is because I'm forced to, since it's not completely out. As for Gundam SEED, the whole series is finished, while YTV is still doing episode 10-12. I'm not 'intending' anything here as well, just in case you decide to throw a nuke on a newbie again..
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 21:35   Link #89
Kurono-
Gundam Pilot

Well... It just aired over here and they didn't play the second opening. It's still the same spliced up version they've been using the past thirteen episodes... Damn... I was really hoping they'd play moment...
Kurono- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 21:43   Link #90
Silver_Scorcher

Still the same old opening

Well this is a surprise, YTV didn't air the 2nd opening. I honestly thought they would, but it's still that crapily done one that CN was given. Guess this is Bandai's doing. It isn't a big deal, since I really watch SEED on YTV just to make comparisons to the DVD and sometimes CN's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon
Geez, I didn't intend to make this into a 'Sub Vs. Dub' thread. I'm new to the forums. You don't have to make me feel bad by going postal on my sorry ***. The only reason I 'manage' the week wait between fan-subs is because I'm forced to, since it's not completely out. As for Gundam SEED, the whole series is finished, while YTV is still doing episode 10-12. I'm not 'intending' anything here as well, just in case you decide to throw a nuke on a newbie again..
This thread has been alot of things, but not a DUB vs. sub thing. This thread is merely a comparison between SEED on YTV and CN. If we turn it into a dub vs. sub, we'll get nothing but 'the dub sucked', or 'all dubs suck' or all kinds of crappy posts like that. I think the people already on this forum are smart enough not to start something like that.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 00:54   Link #91
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Yeah, I would imagine that either Bandai did edit the openings in themselves or requested that the same opening be included in every episode. If YTV was able to air the second opening, they probably would've.

But hey, they left in the blood when George Glenn got shot, so there shouldn't be too many issues with violence in the future.
Old 2004-12-11, 02:28   Link #92
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge
Yeah, I would imagine that either Bandai did edit the openings in themselves or requested that the same opening be included in every episode. If YTV was able to air the second opening, they probably would've.

But hey, they left in the blood when George Glenn got shot, so there shouldn't be too many issues with violence in the future.
I'll believe that when they show me Tolle's head.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 02:52   Link #93
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
I'll believe that when they show me Tolle's head.
Hopefully they won't notice it. ^^:
Old 2004-12-11, 03:25   Link #94
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

I didn't notice it at first.
Old 2004-12-11, 03:33   Link #95
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Spoiler:
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 10:33   Link #96
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
I didn't either, it took several replayings of that scene before I could spot that element that seemed off... Of course it turned out to be his head, but that was half the suprise. ^^;
Old 2004-12-11, 22:38   Link #97
Kurono-
Gundam Pilot

Just saw cartoon network's version of Episode 32... I must say I had a pretty good laugh watching Miri attempting to knock Dearka out with her clutched fists... and Fllay's got a laser gun too! Aswell, they cut like a couple of seconds in Akatuski no Kuruma so they could speed up the attack... the cut isn't really noticeable unless you've listened to the song millions of times...

Anyways, some pictures for people to enjoy... These pictures might be a spoiler for those who haven't seen this far to the series yet...

Spoiler:
Kurono- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 22:47   Link #98
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurono-
Just saw cartoon network's version of Episode 32... I must say I had a pretty good laugh watching Miri attempting to knock Dearka out with her clutched fists... and Fllay's got a laser gun too! Aswell, they cut like a couple of seconds in Akatuski no Kuruma so they could speed up the attack... the cut isn't really noticeable unless you've listened to the song millions of times...

Anyways, some pictures for people to enjoy... These pictures might be a spoiler for those who haven't seen this far to the series yet...

Spoiler:

Like I said in one of my previous posts, The CN edit makes it look like shes attacking Deakka with the dreaded BOB DOLE SUPER FIST OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 22:49   Link #99
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurono-

Spoiler:
LOL...

fear the powers of digi-modification...

The 2nd picture looks weird...

Makes you wonder how the text is supposed to link together then?

Especially when:
Spoiler:
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 03:19   Link #100
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
LOL...

fear the powers of digi-modification...

The 2nd picture looks weird...

Makes you wonder how the text is supposed to link together then?

Especially when:
Spoiler:
What the crap is that? Didn't Fllay fire the gun though? How did they manage to cover that up?
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote