AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 19:11   Link #3981
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Couldn't help thinking it's just like Gray to get used in other people's fights. He's trying to get into his own thing and yet now is involved with Juvia/Meldy . A pretty damn annoying move though since now Juvia can't attack. Heck Meldy could just kill herself and do what she wanted to do. The only chance for Juvia is to win with words.

Bluenote does seem like he exists only to fight Gildarts. They are just too similar for him to be there for any other reason. Need someone to occupy Gildarts so he doesn't just walk through Grimoire Heart and beat their Master . Though after losing an arm this could make it a tough matchup if Bluenote is close to Gildarts' level.

And yeah good for Lucy that she got some revenge on Happy with that doll .

I am looking forward to Gray and Ultear though.
Old 2011-12-17, 19:34   Link #3982
immblueversion

At this point, I think it's safe to assume that if Gray and Ultear fight, it won't be right away. After all, she is the leader of the Seven Kin, and four of them still stand (three if we consider Meldy's battle to end the next episode), two of whom have fought and remain undefeated. And then there's this Bluenote character who, despite his evident strength, does not have nearly enough prominence in this series as Ultear does. I really do have to say that as enjoyable as they are, the structure of these battles in each story arc has become formulaic: more often than not, the subordinate to a story arc's main villain who appears closest to said villain is usually the last one to fall before the final battle. And judging from the exchange between Gray and Ultear in that preview, it doesn't seem to be a very, shall we say, action-packed confrontation.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:59   Link #3983
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
It's clearly her "increases her slipperiness by 1000%" enhancing mud-wrestle specialization armor. In order to help slip away.
Hah! Sounds like her super-endurance track outfit from that footrace episode. How much do you bet that was just a normal track outfit?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:29   Link #3984
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Bluenote does seem like he exists only to fight Gildarts. They are just too similar for him to be there for any other reason. Need someone to occupy Gildarts so he doesn't just walk through Grimoire Heart and beat their Master . Though after losing an arm this could make it a tough matchup if Bluenote is close to Gildarts' level.
Does anyone else think that some villains were created for the sole purpose of being defeated by a specific character? It's my understanding that when Hiro Mashima starts a new story arc, he has a firm idea of how it will end in mind, then he kind of makes things up as they go along. So, who do you think is going to beat Azuma and Rustyrose?

Also, it seems that at every arc, at least one villain turns good. We've already had Capricorn (mind control aside), but I think it's a safe bet on who will turn next... Though for the sake of potential spoilers, I won't bring anything up.

Old 2011-12-17, 23:49   Link #3985
sergel02

So no one knows the music playing during the recap of Juvia, Meledy and Erza's fight? =(
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 20:19   Link #3986
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Does anyone else think that some villains were created for the sole purpose of being defeated by a specific character? It's my understanding that when Hiro Mashima starts a new story arc, he has a firm idea of how it will end in mind, then he kind of makes things up as they go along. So, who do you think is going to beat Azuma and Rustyrose?

Also, it seems that at every arc, at least one villain turns good. We've already had Capricorn (mind control aside), but I think it's a safe bet on who will turn next... Though for the sake of potential spoilers, I won't bring anything up.
I don't know, that guy just felt more like one of those enemies than some of the others we've seen in the series. His very existence tells everyone that Gildarts is coming back.

In terms of finishing off the two that have won fights Fairy Tail still has options. After all Elfman is still able to move around along with Lisanna and Levy. Be surprised as well if Gajeel just napped through all this.

In terms of possible converts it does seem fairly obvious who is the most likely to turn if anyone is going to.
Old 2011-12-18, 20:33   Link #3987
immblueversion

Quote:
I don't know, that guy just felt more like one of those enemies than some of the others we've seen in the series. His very existence tells everyone that Gildarts is coming back.

In terms of finishing off the two that have won fights Fairy Tail still has options. After all Elfman is still able to move around along with Lisanna and Levy. Be surprised as well if Gajeel just napped through all this.

In terms of possible converts it does seem fairly obvious who is the most likely to turn if anyone is going to.
I think Elfman is as incapacitated as the others. And I do think Gajeel may be down for the count, at least for the time being. Doesn't it just raise the tension with having two of Fairy Tail's strongest fighters out like that?

Old 2011-12-19, 18:00   Link #3988
kitten320

I finally got my Juvia VS Meredy fight, YAY!
And wow, that voice was freaky!
Old 2011-12-19, 20:31   Link #3989
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I finally got my Juvia VS Meredy fight, YAY!
And wow, that voice was freaky!
If the Funi dub ever goes so far, I will die a slightly happier person to hear Brina Palencia's voice in this episode.

Old 2011-12-23, 23:12   Link #3990
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 111:

So there's probably no ep next week right?
Old 2011-12-23, 23:27   Link #3991
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ive been hearing alot about this break at first it was suppose to start back up jan 7th now i heard it wont start again till 2013.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on??
Old 2011-12-24, 00:21   Link #3992
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
ive been hearing alot about this break at first it was suppose to start back up jan 7th now i heard it wont start again till 2013.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on??
Here's the immediate schedule for the series:

12/24/11 - Episode 111
12/31/11 - No Episode
01/07/12 - Episode 112

If someone/somewhere is saying 2013, it's probably a typo.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 00:27   Link #3993
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow, maybe it's just me, but when I look at Bluenote, he looks like someone took Xehanort's heartless from Kingdom Hearts, a monkey, added a pinch of Teach's gravity powers from One Piece, and made him.
Old 2011-12-24, 00:39   Link #3994
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Don't buy anything Ultear is telling Gray.
It wouldn't be surprising if she was spouting crap. I'm sure Gray buying none of it either would be a pleasant course of action from him. The question is, will that be the case? Will he refuse to accept her words, or will he believe them and, depending on her true nature, do something incredibly stupid? Because either way, it seems they won't be fighting anytime soon. And if they do, it probably won't be until these three new menaces (well, one new and two returning) are taken out. Ultear's just too much of a prominent villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Wow, maybe it's just me, but when I look at Bluenote, he looks like someone took Xehanort's heartless from Kingdom Hearts, a monkey, added a pinch of Teach's gravity powers from One Piece, and made him.
Almost a shame we had to actually watch the next episode preview to get a good enough look at him, what with that torrential downpour around him that I am very reluctant to associate with rain.

Old 2011-12-24, 01:14   Link #3995
MAX_COLA_POWER!

As for what Ultear said to Gray, to quote Benjamin Diskin as Numbuh 2 from KND, that fish is 3 days old and I AIN'T BUYIN IT! Her words to him are like those butt implants her battle suit gives her backside, SECRETS AND LIES!
Old 2011-12-24, 16:11   Link #3996
ookamigirl

Poor Gray, that was one encounter he probably wanted to avoid.
This was a pretty awesome episode, especially the very end!
I wonder if Cana will save the day in the end..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 16:16   Link #3997
MechR

Bluenote got a pretty good anime entrance. Some nice boss music to go with the show of force
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 17:32   Link #3998
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well of course I'm not buying a single word from Ultear. This is the woman who brainwashed Jellal and turned him into a monster, used him to manipulate the council, and is completely absorbed in Zeref. There is absolutely no chance she's saying a single honest thing here. Simply taking advantage of the chance to take down Gray with a mental attack since she used up magic fighting Zeref and Natsu. She's not at 100% so probably easier to lower his guard or make him give up on fighting her period. Think it's a pretty bad move though to say this is Ul's desire. Someone who spent that time with Ul like Gray did would never believe her capable of that.

Still things getting set up for major battles. Of course Natsu and company are going to be suffering until Gildarts (there is no chance he's missing out on this opponent made for him) shows up to help them out. Another tough battle is going to be for Levy's group who used up quite a bit of magic in their fights.

Naturally Erza is going to have one heck of a fight. Kind of fitting since she was a rival for Mirajane in the past so taking up this battle works.

The downside is the preview hinting the next one is majorly about Cana. Here comes the attempt to make everyone sympathetic for her....
Old 2011-12-24, 17:47   Link #3999
immblueversion

Quote:
Well of course I'm not buying a single word from Ultear. This is the woman who brainwashed Jellal and turned him into a monster, used him to manipulate the council, and is completely absorbed in Zeref. There is absolutely no chance she's saying a single honest thing here. Simply taking advantage of the chance to take down Gray with a mental attack since she used up magic fighting Zeref and Natsu. She's not at 100% so probably easier to lower his guard or make him give up on fighting her period. Think it's a pretty bad move though to say this is Ul's desire. Someone who spent that time with Ul like Gray did would never believe her capable of that.
If you ask me, Gray's only listening to what Ultear has to say because he's interested in what story she's trying to come up with. If he doesn't buy any of it from start to finish, he'd probably earn even more points in everyone's books.

Quote:
Still things getting set up for major battles. Of course Natsu and company are going to be suffering until Gildarts (there is no chance he's missing out on this opponent made for him) shows up to help them out. Another tough battle is going to be for Levy's group who used up quite a bit of magic in their fights.
Well, Gildarts isn't the only member of Fairy Tail featured in this arc who has a chance to return. Maybe Team Triple L (Levy, Lisanna & Lily) will get some help after all.

Quote:
Naturally Erza is going to have one heck of a fight. Kind of fitting since she was a rival for Mirajane in the past so taking up this battle works.
Note that Erza seems to have a little more strength in her than Mirajane. Then again, she did have a tough time against Meldy and blamed it on using up some of her strength during the exam.

Quote:
The downside is the preview hinting the next one is majorly about Cana. Here comes the attempt to make everyone sympathetic for her....
Who knows (besides the manga readers)? Maybe this will be the episode where Cana realizes just how stupid she's been acting. If she won't be punished for her behavior, she should at least know just how badly she f*cked up and feel bad about it. Sure, she didn't seem proud when she abandoned Lucy, but she didn't look like she felt as bad about it as she should have. It's just a shame we'll have to wait not one, but two weeks for the next episode.

Old 2011-12-24, 20:46   Link #4000
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

In the manga, this arc is over and done with...yet I still cannot forgive Cana for what she did.
I used to love Cana, she was one of my favorite secondary FT characters and always wished she became a main character eventually, but after what she did...I can't stand the sight of her and feel that nothing she does will redeem her character for me.

Luxus put innocent people's lives in danger when he went loco, but for some reason I forgive him faster than I do Cana. What she did was much more personal.

I for one, will not be watching the next episode (or atleast the bits with her in them)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen