AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 17:32   Link #3201
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I started to read volume 1... and I kind of hated Ichika, XD.

Does he improve somehow? Besides the IS piloting realm I mean. I would like some hope to steel myself and keep reading it.
No.

10 characters
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 22:01   Link #3202
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He mans up and the girls kick him down again just to because the author think it's funny.
Old 2012-08-07, 23:10   Link #3203
dmaxzero

aggg... damn it.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 06:15   Link #3204
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

He had Chifuyu as an older sister and sole parent. You really shouldn't be surprised...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:41   Link #3205
n0m@n
C-Z

Okay Im very sorry but I have a bad news....

Izuru's new LN "After school Battlefield" became a Chaos!!
It was released yesterday and if you check Amazon Japan 13 people voted out of 5 stars and it received 1.2 stars in average!

Now that is very poor even if you compare to LN written by a complete amateur!
And it is only 224 pages which is very short for a LN.

And also there was a huge bashing of this LN and at Izuru. And Izuru became sulked in his twitter. Here is the thing he wrote.

Quote:
Hmmmmmm. It really pains me that my new work is being bashed already. I have a weak heart so dont bully me
Quote:
Started playing MHF again. Have been playing Dogma for a long time. Thats why I cant stop playing Capcom's game!
Izuru is totally out of control. He spends most of his time playing games rather than thinking of good ideas for his LN. He isnt taking this seriously.

And here is another twitter messages he wrote more than a year ago or before writing IS.

Quote:
Ah~. I once handed out a draft of a light novel based on survival game. Apparently the publisher found it not only boring but also it has been made fun of by a group of editors leaded by a woman editor. I had many thing going in my mind when they send me a mail about "their response". So I thought I will definitely release that work one day! By making it more entertaining and from a different publisher that is.
Quote:
Man, that woman editor knows nothings. And she wrote all these comments which you normally wont write. If the work turns out to be success because of learning from that comments then it will be okay but this is just bullying. So is she saying the same thing to the other authors? She definitely wanted to bully me because I have no experience.

So right now the Japan's blog is just bashing this fool. He spends most time playing games. He used the work which was heavily critised by the editor from another publisher in the past thinking that his work is awesome but it ended as crap. The woman editor he's talking crap about wasnt bullying him but was telling the truth.

Hate to say it, but I think Izuru just ended his life as a author. Obviously there will be no continuation of this new LN, but perhaps it might end the IS franchise permanently.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2012-08-10 at 07:54.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:57   Link #3206
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Oh, that's just terrific. -_-

Quite possible that Izuru's gone and lost his sanity already...
Old 2012-08-10, 08:54   Link #3207
Eratas123

Can't somebody just buy the rights to IS and hand it over to another author? If Izuru's supposedly so lazy, then there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Old 2012-08-10, 09:02   Link #3208
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can't somebody just buy the rights to IS and hand it over to another author?
- Normally that would be the case with most franchises (Which is why some ideas are ruined by companies trying to milk the franchise for all they're worth), but somehow...
Old 2012-08-10, 09:12   Link #3209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can't somebody just buy the rights to IS and hand it over to another author? If Izuru's supposedly so lazy, then there shouldn't be much of a problem.

If you're going to give it to a more talented writer, you might as well have that writer come up with his own stuff.

Nobody likes to take over someone else's mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Okay Im very sorry but I have a bad news....

Izuru's new LN "After school Battlefield" became a Chaos!!
It was released yesterday and if you check Amazon Japan 13 people voted out of 5 stars and it received 1.2 stars in average!
Not that I'm defending the guy, but a sample pool of 13 people is hardly what I would call reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Hate to say it, but I think Izuru just ended his life as a author. Obviously there will be no continuation of this new LN, but perhaps it might end the IS franchise permanently.
As I've said before, people don't change that easily and with a reputation that is as radioactive as his...

...God and Aleister knows what Kodansha were thinking.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:16   Link #3210
sky black swordman

^ I agree everything you say.

Oh man my hope's that IS would return have been destroyed.
Old 2012-08-10, 22:05   Link #3211
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Reality is stranger than fiction....
Old 2012-08-10, 22:25   Link #3212
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Seriously WTH went wrong with him...to let it all get to his head...
Old 2012-08-10, 23:00   Link #3213
n0m@n
C-Z

He seriously should just really concentrate on IS now. I also checked his other old posts and this guy doesnt seem professional because he bashes other people too much.....

He seems to hate all the editors who tries to point out the bad parts and thinks he is getting bullied. But when he released the work which was highly criticized, it received so much booing like his former editors said.

Also, yeah ratings was on amazon which was done by 13 people, but if you check the jap sites there are like 1000 comments which is bashing his work in just a day of release.....
Some people says that it is a super crap version of AW.

Anyway since so much figures of IS has been released and being brought by people, I really hope he can at least continue to do IS till the end. No more new series from this guy...... I hope he ONLY concentrates on IS.
Old 2012-08-11, 04:24   Link #3214
sky black swordman

^ Agreed. And also "professional " , how many works has this guy done?
Also how old is this guy?
I mean he sound like a kid.
Old 2012-08-11, 04:31   Link #3215
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be fair, I can totally understand the depressing feeling of having an idea you thought up get rejected by so many people. Granted, I didn't have a stake in my livelihood writing fanfics but the feeling is still there.

That's about the only thing I can empathize with him.

For everything else- Bash away!
Old 2012-08-11, 09:00   Link #3216
genryu_black

At this rate, Izuru can only focus on IS so he can clear his reputation or else he will lose the trust to publish another Light Novel.

I think the vote base on only 13 people is not truly reliable. his new light novel might get a low rating for the reader in japan but for the reader outside japan it may get a better comment.
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:02   Link #3217
Sumeragi
Banned

Who are the main customers of LNs?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 09:09   Link #3218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Who are the main customers of LNs?
The Japanese... And maybe the Taiwanese if my trip to Taipei two years ago was any indication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
At this rate, Izuru can only focus on IS so he can clear his reputation or else he will lose the trust to publish another Light Novel.
I don't know, it certainly looks like he's all drained up on ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
His new light novel might get a low rating for the reader in japan but for the reader outside japan it may get a better comment.
When has that ever happened? Not that it would matter though because if it's that bad it would never make it out of the country.

Heh, maybe KyoAni would animate it to save it's sales
Old 2012-08-12, 11:42   Link #3219
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looking at some of the scans, it looks like something like Hidan No Aria except replace a flat chest Tsundere with an generic busty girl. No wonder people dislike this series. Completely generic and unforgetable LN from a guy who has tarnished his reputation with the LN crowd.
Old 2012-08-12, 17:25   Link #3220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Looking at some of the scans, it looks like something like Hidan No Aria except replace a flat chest Tsundere with an generic busty girl. No wonder people dislike this series. Completely generic and unforgetable LN from a guy who has tarnished his reputation with the LN crowd.
...So have you read it ?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen