AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-27, 20:09   Link #581
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I hesitate to say this, since it may have been a rare serious moment, but it is entirely possible that his desire to go stemmed from the fact that Rias and Akeno would be there.
That possibility did cross my mind, however, I do think he was serious.
Spoiler for Volume 9 chapter 2 part 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, we still don't know, what kind of time frame, of Ise's demon life, is going to be portrayed in the novels.

Since, the author did mention somewhere, that adding new members to Ise's, would cause the current heroine's to lose some spotlight, and some of them, still need some quite heavy development of their relationship with Ise, I think that it's going to focus on the girls that are currently in Ise's harem, which is still quite a lot, for any "normal" guy to feel a little jealous - after all, at the current point Ise has got in his harem, Rias, Asia, Akeno, Koneko, Irina , Xenovia, Ravel, Rossweisse and probably Ophis as well - and each of them, will probably need a lot of screen time, to achieve their happy ending, which is what the author said, he aims for.
Very true.
Yes, the author did say he would not add new harem members for a while and focus on the girls who didn't get much spotlight or development. Those include, Ravel(Volume 14), Xenovia, Irina, and Rossweisse. The 4 main girls will probaly get some spotlight as well but the focus will be more on the other 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinley View Post
He'll still need a cover story for the human world, also, what about his parents? Won't they need to be told a hilarious lie about issei's career which will make a rediculouse situation happen?

Okay, a lie would probably happen.

I still feel like issei still needs to know xenovia better, in video game terms:

Issei hasn't gotten enough relationship points for her route yet, they need a flag such as revealing her mysterious past or getting locked in a tower together.
Ise is already lying to his parents, they still don't know their son was killed twice and is now a devil servant, the host of a dragon(The Sekiryuutei, a being that could denominate God), a dragon himself(made from the flesh and power of the strongest beings in the DxD universe), a hero in the undeword, that his girlfriend is his devil master, that all the girls that live in their house are not even human, and much more .

That will probably happen in one of the volumes after 15(Will be a collection of SS).
Maybe 16.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-12-27 at 20:25.
Old 2012-12-27, 20:32   Link #582
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
That possibility did cross my mind, however, I do think he was serious.

Very true.
Yes, the author did say he would not add new harem members for a while and focus on the girls who didn't get much spotlight or development. Those include, Ravel(Volume 14), Xenovia, Irina, and Rossweisse. The 4 main girls will probaly get some spotlight as well but the focus will be more on the other 4.

Ise is already lying to his parents, they still don't know their son was killed twice and is now a devil servant, the host of a dragon(The Sekiryuutei, a being that could denominate God), a dragon himself(made from the flesh and power of the strongest beings in the DxD universe), a hero in the undeword, that his girlfriend is his devil master, that all the girls that live in their house are not even human, and much more .

That will probably happen in one of the volumes after 15(Will be a collection of SS).
Maybe 16.
I feel bad for the author though, he is being force to make short story volumes instead of progressing with the actual story. Publishers want to make more money, good thing the author is young.

As for the harem thus far, the author can introduce new girls to the harem and then add the girls to it later on. Like say for instance that Ise meets a attractive Vampire or a Magician and somehow made them fall in love with him. They don't need to be added to the harem immediately and can be added when Ise becomes a High Class Devil where it is acceptable they can go towards his side.
Old 2012-12-28, 04:36   Link #583
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Maybe 16.
Well, in my opinion a part of the things you described above, might start being mentioned, even in the 14 volume, due to the quotes that Ise had, in the preview of the next volume, about him, being naive about his Academy life - which, might get Ise thinking about his family life, as well.
Old 2012-12-28, 05:02   Link #584
Soji

Chris38@ Agree with you.
When I read the quote that Isse had in vol 14(at least from the preview) I thought exactly that.
Then again his quote might refer to some enemy that has infiltrated the school.
I mean after vol 12 I totally see more enemy come to him in more directly.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:14   Link #585
chrono25

here is a ? great red if he ever became a sacred gear what would the power be !
n
twice critical or its sub races does anyone have any more info on it than what the wikia says?

and finally dragon fall spear does any one know where I can find a pic of it in dragon scale mail form!
Old 2013-01-07, 20:09   Link #586
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
here is a ? great red if he ever became a sacred gear what would the power be !
n
twice critical or its sub races does anyone have any more info on it than what the wikia says?

and finally dragon fall spear does any one know where I can find a pic of it in dragon scale mail form!
gives you great strength and allows you to grow gigantic. I serious doubt even god could turn him into one though. He had enough trouble the Ddraig and Albion and they were MANY times weaker than him TOGETHER.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:41   Link #587
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Chris38@ Agree with you.
When I read the quote that Isse had in vol 14(at least from the preview) I thought exactly that.
Then again his quote might refer to some enemy that has infiltrated the school.
I mean after vol 12 I totally see more enemy come to him in more directly.
I am waiting for the new enemy to pop up. I do wonder however, the setting is Japan and the Underworld, so where are the Japanese God.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:48   Link #588
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am waiting for the new enemy to pop up. I do wonder however, the setting is Japan and the Underworld, so where are the Japanese God.
yeah kinda surprising that beings like Amaterasu hasn't been added yet.
Old 2013-01-07, 21:08   Link #589
chrono25

there is one problem with the power set , great red was already large so that doesnt work by itself now his power is dream so in a way that would probably be the function of the sacred gear now since he would be a dragon type gear and there would be a human or half human whose body would contain him they would only be able to use a fraction of the power he has .

this ? was asked because I was thinking about this and I wanted to see if there was anyone else who would think the same thing or something similar now I know this wont happen unless he wanted to become a sacred gear !

now the Artificial Sacred Gear Fall dragon spear does anyone know where I can find a pic of it in dragon armor form .
Old 2013-01-08, 08:15   Link #590
sky black swordman

^ AFAIK, there is no picture or illustration of the SG “Down Fall Dragon Spear”,
Old 2013-01-08, 09:13   Link #591
chrono25

ok thankyou for telling me I just thought with the internet some fan somewhere might have drawn one I just hadn't found it yet but I hadn't found anything like it in my search .

I am going to create a original role play for high school DxD but not base it on the light novels manga or anime make my own characters and such just use their universe!
Old 2013-01-10, 22:00   Link #592
Vinley

You know how devils do contracts with humans? What is the price or thing humans do in payment for devil services? When rias was talking with Abe she said that it's not as drastic as selling one's soul, do they just stamp a piece of paper to say the devil did a good job? And why does koneko like sun fish so much?
Old 2013-01-11, 03:02   Link #593
cyberdemon

Quote:
You know how devils do contracts with humans? What is the price or thing humans do in payment for devil services? When rias was talking with Abe she said that it's not as drastic as selling one's soul, do they just stamp a piece of paper to say the devil did a good job? And why does koneko like sun fish so much?
The price paid is completely dependent on the human's worth. A wish for some (say a harem) might cost a soul and you wouldn't even be able to do anything with that harem before the soul is taken (used in a SS) but the price for others might cost money or something else. There is no set price.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:05   Link #594
Vinley

Why would devils want human money? I was asking what would they pay with rather than an extent of payment. Just for the hell of it,How much would running down to the store and picking up yogurt cost?
Old 2013-01-13, 03:28   Link #595
cyberdemon

Quote:
Why would devils want human money? I was asking what would they pay with rather than an extent of payment. Just for the hell of it,How much would running down to the store and picking up yogurt cost?
gold bars for Azazel when he was tricking Ise when they first met. They can get paid in money though. Even devils have their own economy. They probably have exchange rates on human money for their own. Some might have to pay with their soul (mentioned that hardly anyone does that nowadays). So the payment can range anywhere from cash to souls. It's just not specified what others forms of payment it can take. It's all based on the wish and the value of the wisher. They bargain for the wish when they realize the extent of the wish.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:35   Link #596
jayala319

i think this new book 14 will have alot of surprises like Issei becoming better at magic or at least not relying so much on his fists. Maybe Ophis power will influence his brain, but only

when related to battles. I really hope to see him fight some unknown enemy by himself and then getting punished by his Master, for not telling her.?
Old 2013-01-15, 20:31   Link #597
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayala319 View Post
i think this new book 14 will have alot of surprises like Issei becoming better at magic or at least not relying so much on his fists. Maybe Ophis power will influence his brain, but only

when related to battles. I really hope to see him fight some unknown enemy by himself and then getting punished by his Master, for not telling her.?
Personally I doubt that Ise's magic powers are going to rise, since he is more of a power type person, rather then a wizard type...

Not to mention, it's not necessary for Ise, to increase his natural magic power reserves, now that he has the Tirana Bishop form, which might be used in the next volume, depending on what kind of enemies Ise and the rest of the group, are going to face...

As for the other thing, you mentioned in you're post, well we sort of already have had a similar thing, happen in the 3rd volume, where Ise and Koneko tried to destroy all Excalibur's, to make Kiba stay in the group - and since he got punished,once Rias found about it... , so... I doubt that Ise would try to do something like that, again...
Old 2013-01-15, 21:23   Link #598
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Personally I doubt that Ise's magic powers are going to rise, since he is more of a power type person, rather then a wizard type...

Not to mention, it's not necessary for Ise, to increase his natural magic power reserves, now that he has the Tirana Bishop form, which might be used in the next volume, depending on what kind of enemies Ise and the rest of the group, are going to face...

As for the other thing, you mentioned in you're post, well we sort of already have had a similar thing, happen in the 3rd volume, where Ise and Koneko tried to destroy all Excalibur's, to make Kiba stay in the group - and since he got punished,once Rias found about it... , so... I doubt that Ise would try to do something like that, again...
I really agree with you with Ise being all the power type, but he still should learn magic. He can imbued magic into his fists for instance like a (seriously this better not start a weird discussion or a guessing game event) ice punch or fire punch like Pokemon. He already been hinted to have massive demonic powers so it could be fully explored in vol 14.
Old 2013-01-15, 22:08   Link #599
sky black swordman

Quote:
I think the incident in volume 9, the battle with the khaos brigade's, Hero Faction also counts too. However, that time she was understanding of the situation let is slide, knowing why they did not tell her. Not to mention there was trouble back in the underword at her families territory.
I doubt Rias can or will "punish" Ise like(the way she did in vol 3) that again now that they are dating. It's going to be awkward and weird if she tries.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-15 at 22:27.
Old 2013-01-15, 22:11   Link #600
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I really agree with you with Ise being all the power type, but he still should learn magic. He can imbued magic into his fists for instance like a (seriously this better not start a weird discussion or a guessing game event) ice punch or fire punch like Pokemon. He already been hinted to have massive demonic powers so it could be fully explored in vol 14.
Seems really unnecessary to me. I believe it was mentioned that Ise will never be all that strong with magic. The only reason its useful at all is because of BG.

Besides, he is so stupid strong already that all he needs to do is get a solid hit in on most enemies, and that is only going to keep getting more ridiculous. A little extra attack power on his punches seems kind of redundant.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life