AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-02, 15:44   Link #101
Soul Bro Ryu
Your Neighborhood Newtype

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via AIM to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via MSN to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Bro Ryu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
Spoiler:
In the Anime-One subs, they spell it "Speriole", although that can still be up for interpretation. Either way, it's good enough for me...
Soul Bro Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 22:01   Link #102
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Bro Ryu
Don't forget there's another one that she's connected to that'll be on "Beyond the Grave's" hitlist. I actually feel sorry for her, since by series Brandon will about have ripped her heart out by obliterating the two men she cares for.

Gad damn, I love this show. ^_^

She'll probably get "sperioled" too, or go gung ho and just train up. But from the looks of game trailer, Graves got some competition this time in terms of the necro rise candidates. I hope the anime follows the game these last episodes, and if so, we got 6 hot battles coming up.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 03:17   Link #103
Tboz

Spoiler:
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 03:44   Link #104
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Spoiler:
I doubt that she'll join the "good" side seeing how in the anime shes devoted to Harry and how Grave
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-03, 13:05   Link #105
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
I doubt that she'll join the "good" side seeing how in the anime shes devoted to Harry and how Grave
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-03, 15:48   Link #106
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Spoiler:
Those are possibilities. I'm just going by how the game panned out with each memebers of the syndicate and what happened between them and Grave seeing how the anime is so far following the game scenario to a T. The only major fluctuation would be that of sherry, but as stated, she was introduced to coincide with Gungrave OD.
Old 2004-02-03, 16:01   Link #107
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Let me just clear some things up:

Spoiler:

Also, I found this on the AnimeonDVD forums and thought that many of you would be interested to hear it:

Quote:
Re: Geneon - Gungrave: Brandon or Blandon? [Re: duckroll]

01/15/04 05:46 AM

Quote:
duckroll said:
Just curious if there are any definite materials from Japan on this matter. It would seem to be "officially" Blandon in Japan at least as they actually CHANGED the opening animation to say BLANDON (ep4+) instead of BRANDON (ep1-3). A really odd choice, and Blandon also pops up in english at some other parts of the show.

Looking forward to the R1 release very much (sweetened all the more by the announcement that the DVD version will feature touched up animation ^__^) and was just wondering whether, if indeed it is Blandon, the dub will say Blandon too.

By the way... Blandon -is- apparently a real name (yes, hard to believe) and is different from Brandon which of course is a much more common name.
When I first noticed this, I asked Cindy Yamauchi, the animation director, about the change, and as always, she graciously responded...

Quote:
Ah, the "Blandon" issue . I made a huge stink about that myself. You're correct, his name was Brandon for first couple of episodes. Then the game company claimed his name was spelled Blandon. Now, to me, that sounds like really bad Engrish...but we had no choice but to change the opening graphics to accomodate their request.

So...that's the sad story behind the sudden name change of the character.
This may not help in the case of Geneon, but apparently Madhouse was forced into it...

Last edited by Seifer_us; 2004-02-03 at 16:19.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 16:18   Link #108
Tboz

Roger that. Thanks for clearing up.

Some questions though...
Spoiler:
Yeeww... Blandon ?
Old 2004-02-03, 16:37   Link #109
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Roger that. Thanks for clearing up.

Some questions though...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

As for the second question, I haven't seen enough details just yet to know for sure just what the story will totally cover in O.D... Even the story summary on the website is extremely vague...

Side note: It feels really weird jumping back and forth between present and past tenses due to being at two time points in the series at the same time... @_@;;

I feel like I've been spoiling too much...

Last edited by Seifer_us; 2004-02-03 at 17:16.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 17:03   Link #110
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
Spoiler:

As for the second question, I haven't seen enough details just yet to know for sure just what the story will totally cover in O.D... Even the story summary on the website is extremely vague...

Side note: It feels really weird jumping back and forth between present and past tenses due to being at two time points in the series at the same time... @_@;;

I fell like I've been spoiling too much...
Not really, a majority of the people played the game and the anime and game created are the same so I doubt he would change it so much from the game seeing as the games story was hot, although very short. The Sherry thing was expected as I read the website info a awile ago and thats why I was trying to state that sherry
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-10, 22:52   Link #111
Go-lytely

Watching ep 18 makes me wonder how I would have felt if the creators just started the whole series from ep 2. What do you all think? Was the overall story more effectively served by the first ep or was it unnecessary?
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 23:09   Link #112
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Watching ep 18 makes me wonder how I would have felt if the creators just started the whole series from ep 2. What do you all think? Was the overall story more effectively served by the first ep or was it unnecessary?
I haven't watched ep.18 yet, but I can clearly say that I think they made a wise choice in choosing the way they displayed the episodes. I can't really explain why but all I can say is that their choice made the series have a progression out of the standardized norm. What I mean is that they chose to rather do one big flashback of 16 episodes(2nd to 17th ep.) than rather have flashbacks in each episode which would drag down the pace of the plot and action.

Last edited by Caliban; 2004-02-10 at 23:29.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 02:03   Link #113
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
No, that wouldnt work in the continuity and overall length of the anime. If he started there, hed barely gave enough material to make a 13 episode series unless he incorporated a whole nother level of story different from the game, but I would find that unlikely since he wrote the story for the game. Besides in the game, all we see is a flashback of when harry kills him and thats it for backstory. Its nice he fleshed out the backstory of how brandon became grave.
Old 2004-02-11, 03:20   Link #114
Go-lytely

Quote:
No, that wouldnt work in the continuity and overall length of the anime. If he started there, hed barely gave enough material to make a 13 episode series unless he incorporated a whole nother level of story different from the game, but I would find that unlikely since he wrote the story for the game. Besides in the game, all we see is a flashback of when harry kills him and thats it for backstory. Its nice he fleshed out the backstory of how brandon became grave.
Err, I think you misunderstood my statement. I meant because ep 18 was almost exactly like ep 1 except for a few added scenes and editing, was it necessary to even have an episode 1. Why have ep 1 and then flashback for 17 eps when you could have just started the series with the story beginning in ep 2 and just go in chronological order. Was the story better served by telling it the way they did or not? That was my original point.

I guess this is considered the recap ep.

Last edited by Go-lytely; 2004-02-11 at 13:41.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 08:17   Link #115
Tboz

The retelling from the beginning took at least 14-15 episodes before we actually see something related to episode 1 (the experiments). IMO, it had served its purpose of letting the audience have something to look forward too. Not that the whole retelling arc is boring, its just then the longer I have to wait, the more I want to see it.
Old 2004-02-11, 10:52   Link #116
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

I just watched ep.18 and it was totally useless, just like Go-lytely mentioned they only added some more scenes at the end of episode 1, they also included some flashback memories from Brandon. I think they could've done something else with this episode, like explaining what is this Speriole technique and what changes in necro-rise did the doctor use on Brandon.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 15:25   Link #117
Soul Bro Ryu

Send a message via ICQ to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via AIM to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via MSN to Soul Bro Ryu Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Bro Ryu
Episode Descrips for upcoming eps!
Found in GameFAQS forum for "GunGrave O.D." where the series is also being discussed. An Import Newtype subscriber named "DarkLore" translates the upcoming ep descriptions and then posts them here: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...0928474&page=0

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

BTW, the Raw Ep. 19 was golden. And to think, I was worried how the second half of the series was going to compare to the first. ^_^
Old 2004-02-11, 15:54   Link #118
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Err, I think you misunderstood my statement. I meant because ep 18 was almost exactly like ep 1 except for a few added scenes and editing, was it necessary to even have an episode 1. Why have ep 1 and then flashback for 17 eps when you could have just started the series with the story beginning in ep 2 and just go in chronological order. Was the story better served by telling it the way they did or not? That was my original point.

I guess this is considered the recap ep.
My bad, it was early and I wasnt really paying attention. But yeah, episode 1 in episode 18 should have been like 5 minutes at the most, and the grave vs. bob match should have took place in episode 18. As far as the storyline is going compared to the game it seems like the character designs are going to stay just like the game for when they superior-up, but the places and order in which they fight seems to be out of place for bob and bunji. Lee is in the right spot, but no word yet on Bear. It should go if I recall bob, lee, bunji, bear,
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-11, 17:26   Link #119
Soul Bro Ryu

Quote:
It should go if I recall bob, lee, bunji, bear.
You're close. It's Bob - Lee - Bear - Bunji. I finally went through the game a week ago, and with Bunji being the last of the Millenion Four, he was a bitch to beat. Good fight & great music though. ^_^

BTW, just because Bunji encounters Brandon in the next Ep. dosen't mean they get their full dukeroo on until after the proper order of boss succession. Out of the quartet, Bunji's fight will be the best one by far since in life him and Brandon were pretty closely matched.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Soul Bro Ryu; 2004-02-11 at 21:13.
Old 2004-02-11, 19:38   Link #120
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Bro Ryu
You're close. It's Bob - Lee - Bear - Bunji. I finally went through the game a week ago, and with Bunji being the last of the Millenium Four, he was a bitch to beat. Good fight & great music though. ^_^

BTW, just because Bunji encounters Brandon in the next Ep. dosen't mean they get their full dukeroo on until after the proper order of boss succession. Out of the quartet, Bunji's fight will be the best one by far since in life him and Brandon we're pretty closely matched.

Spoiler:
yeah your right. I played the game long ago, but I do remeber that bunji was hard as hell to beat. The way the eps are structured after seeing 19 and from what the episode previews say on the website, it seems like hes after bob, then lee, then bear.

Tags
action, crime, drama, science fiction