Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 17:15   Link #101
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Redeem himself for what? Sasuke didn't do a goddam thing!
For deserting, endangering the lives of his pursuit team, and aiding the village's greatest nemesis.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 17:27   Link #102
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
For deserting, endangering the lives of his pursuit team, and aiding the village's greatest nemesis.
Oh yeah i forgot...Sasuke made a deal about leaving in which he told everyone about it, on that day Sasuke ran around Konoha shouting " I'M LEAVING FUCKERS CHASE ME HAHA!!" I mean if i was in Konoha with all of my family dead and i have no real reason to stay , i mean i have friends right? But wait i don't really want to be friends with them anymore...sooOOooo? stay? Sorry i don't think so. Sasuke didn't do anything, Konoha and everyone in Konoha should leave the guy alone he has nothing redeem himself for.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 18:06   Link #103
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah i forgot...Sasuke made a deal about leaving in which he told everyone about it, on that day Sasuke ran around Konoha shouting " I'M LEAVING FUCKERS CHASE ME HAHA!!" I mean if i was in Konoha with all of my family dead and i have no real reason to stay , i mean i have friends right? But wait i don't really want to be friends with them anymore...sooOOooo? stay? Sorry i don't think so. Sasuke didn't do anything, Konoha and everyone in Konoha should leave the guy alone he has nothing redeem himself for.
Ninja's are basically the military. Leaving the military without permission is considered treason, which is punishable by federal imprisonment, and in some countries death. That is what makes him a criminal, basically, the moral of the story is, don't join a militaristic organization if you plan on going AWOL.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:16   Link #104
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Traitors are scum.
Old 2007-04-27, 20:05   Link #105
tatami
back in black

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-28 at 08:26. Reason: do not forget spoiler tag
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 21:46   Link #106
Mr.Strategist
Gundam Meister

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Strategist Send a message via MSN to Mr.Strategist Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Strategist
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Spoiler:
i agree with u

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-28 at 08:27. Reason: Do not quote spoiler
Mr.Strategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 22:07   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I just don't see any redemption for this guy. Clearly he has no problems trying to kill Konoha ninja's nor does he seem to care about the village at any rate. Even from what we saw for a few minutes in the new series that he won't even blink an eye in trying to cut Naruto's head off.

Knowing Konoha they'd probably take the guy back. But really I just don't see him getting out of this. Maybe he and Itachi will just kill each other off and save any sort of decisions from being made.

Sasuke made his choice and for all intensive purposes is a traitor. Not much you can do now. There's just no way to ever trust him. If he didn't want to be a part of the village he should have dropped out of the academy. There's no "sorry I don't feel like doing this anymore. I'm going to go join up with a terrorist that wants to kill you all. Bye" Yeah...really Sasuke and Itachi can just kill each other and that'd solve a lot of issues there.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 22:19   Link #108
Yhamm

Send a message via ICQ to Yhamm Send a message via MSN to Yhamm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Spoiler:
one was poisoned and the other one used lot of chakra to heal herself

Sasuke left konoha without permission, and even if he did'nt harm any konoha's nin, he still left the village, and joined the worst konoha's enemy. Plus, he got the sharingan, which is unique to Konoha, and I doubt they want to it in any other village

he should be treated as a criminal/traitor

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-28 at 08:28. Reason: Do not quote spoiler
Yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 23:08   Link #109
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
-So the entire Konohagakure society was at fault and Sasuke was the innocent, victimized angel? Give me a break Sasuke_Bateman-san. If you think that Sasuke has nothing to atone for from this entire ordeal then you are not living up to your title of being "an above average Sasuke-fanboy". Sasuke knew for a fact that what he was preparing to do would be considered a crime (crime: the act perceived by the society that is generally accpeted as wrong, harmful and deviant) which indicates mens rea (the intent to commit said crime). As if that wasn't enough, he was willing to kill (murder) a person he consider his best friend at the time (mens rea once again being proven here) effectively betraying Kakashi's...no, the manga's moral itself (protect your precious comrades). I don't think I have to list you the events during their 2nd encounter now do I? Bottom line: Sasuke's got some SERIOUS brown-nosing and butt-kissing to do if he ever wants to regain the trust of the society he abandoned 2.5 years ago (Naruto and Sakura do not count here). I am not unwilling to say that he can change but just that I find it difficult knowing his patterns in life. Redemption is a possibility but a difficult one...
Old 2007-04-28, 00:31   Link #110
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
In terms of the manga...Sasuke has a chance, it's a shonen manga ferchrissake! However, if people acted as they would in the real world (instead of according to a script), Sasuke would be straight up F'd in the A unless he had something serious to bring to the table to bargain for his position...I don't think power would be enough, there's always going to be more powerful people sooner or later (plus Sasuke's trust has already been thrown to the dogs, he'll need to find a way to ensure his loyalty).

I think saving the village from a rampaging Kitsune is probably the only thing that would work...unless Kishi decides to just go "*POOF* Sasuke is back and everyone's cool with it!"
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 02:40   Link #111
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
In terms of the manga...Sasuke has a chance, it's a shonen manga ferchrissake! However, if people acted as they would in the real world (instead of according to a script), Sasuke would be straight up F'd in the A unless he had something serious to bring to the table to bargain for his position...I don't think power would be enough, there's always going to be more powerful people sooner or later (plus Sasuke's trust has already been thrown to the dogs, he'll need to find a way to ensure his loyalty).

I think saving the village from a rampaging Kitsune is probably the only thing that would work...unless Kishi decides to just go "*POOF* Sasuke is back and everyone's cool with it!"
I think he might actually go with that... lol
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 13:15   Link #112
reloaded
skywalker

After Itachi dies which is probably what will happen I couldnt picture him having anywhere else to go. If Naruto were the Hokage then Sasuke would be let off but since it is Tsunade she might be harsher on him. Although he joined Orochimaru he did defeat him so Konoha might overlook his case a little. He will eventually have to return to Konoha though unless he dies.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 06:19   Link #113
ajnin

Leaving Konohas reaction aside for a moment.
I believe that from Sasukes position there is one necessary condition he have to meet to TRULY 'return to Konoha'. He should change what is most important for him from 'revenge' to 'friends'. What is more, for it to be valuable, such change must be done while Itachi is still alive. I would even say as much as that such change is -in symbolic sense- equivalent to 'returning to Konoha'. Returnig, after killing Itachi because he dont have anything else to do is just, hmm, meaningless.
Is such change possible? Definitely yes.
I think that question which should be asked is rather 'What can make Sasuke change his priorities?' Kishi has a lot of 'logically correct' possibilities here. For example, he can create situation in which Sasuke will have to choose between defending Naruto/Sakura and following his 'path of revenge', or he can kill some important character from Konoha(Kakashi) in front of Sasukes eyes to show him that he really cares - sth like Kakashi-Obito relation.
Anyway, I cant see how bringing Sasuke back to Konoha by force - especially now when Oro is out of the picture - can help him to 'truly return' (ie change his goals). The same goes for 'Naruto will defeat Sasuke and kick some sense in him'. That is why I dont think there will be a big showdown Naruto vs Sasuke (it wont push the story forward). When you look at it from this perspective, then 'the worst conclusion' of Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in VoE was the only possible one from the storyline point of view.

Back to Konoha, Im under the impression, that most characters from Konoha (not only Naruto&Sakura) still think that Sasuke is their comrade who is currently whitin the darkness and need help. As so they will probably accept him if he hmm... 'return to light'. Other think is, that they probably dont know how they can REALLY help Sasuke (they dont understand why he choose revenge). But maybe Im wrong with it.
ajnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 06:45   Link #114
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

The answer is no. Sasuke can be forgiven in Naruto, Sakura and probably Kakashi's eyes, but never Konoha. As a trained ninja you under employment of Konoha... what Sasuke did is the equivalent of treason in the military. Then of course he decides to stick his hand through Naruto's chest, and join up with an infamous terrorist. There is no redemption for Sasuke, he will never be trusted the same way by anyone other than his former team members. Sasuke knows this and I assume he will never make an effort to try to make up with Konoha.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 11:05   Link #115
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Upon reflection...Konohagakure did immediately accept the same murdering traitorous sand ninja that had only weeks before tried to obliterate the village alongside Orochimaru into their midst...if they can do that, why not Sasuke?

...yes, I know...I think it's dumb too, but it did happen that way...
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 11:36   Link #116
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
Upon reflection...Konohagakure did immediately accept the same murdering traitorous sand ninja that had only weeks before tried to obliterate the village alongside Orochimaru into their midst...if they can do that, why not Sasuke?

...yes, I know...I think it's dumb too, but it did happen that way...
They didn't "accept" Gaara, they merely cut a deal to become lower status allies with Konoha because Orochimaru killed their Kazekage who's title is now retained by you-know-who, and because they needed the support from their losses during that invasion. When working with political allies its a matter of doing business, not saying "hey pal welcome back friend!"
Old 2007-04-30, 18:32   Link #117
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
The answer is no. Sasuke can be forgiven in Naruto, Sakura and probably Kakashi's eyes, but never Konoha. As a trained ninja you under employment of Konoha... what Sasuke did is the equivalent of treason in the military. Then of course he decides to stick his hand through Naruto's chest, and join up with an infamous terrorist. There is no redemption for Sasuke, he will never be trusted the same way by anyone other than his former team members. Sasuke knows this and I assume he will never make an effort to try to make up with Konoha.
I doubt that for one Sasuke was still a child when he left. It would be pointless for Naruto bring Sasuke back if no one will be willing to trust him again. I mean it really would defeat the purpose. It's not just members of Naruto's team that wanted Sasuke to be "saved" Neji also stated that if anyone could rescue Sasuke from darkness it would be Naruto, because Naruto saved him from the same darkness. I don't think the whole village would forgive him immediately. He'll definately have to work at regaining trust, but he still can be redeemed. He wouldn't get in trouble for treason neccessarily. He'd get in trouble for going AWOL with the exception of a few rare cases where going AWOL can be considered a treasonous act...such as going AWOL during a war...IMO the only true treasonous act was when he attacked Naruto. I think he would be dishonored, but allowed to come back.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:02   Link #118
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I think a lot of people forget what kind of manga Naruto is, this isn't reality where Sasuke should be hunted down dead or alive at any cost because you can't let a weapon like the Sharingan wandering around ready for the taken.
This is the goody merry Naruto world and if he ever decides/is convinced to come back I doubt Sasuke will receive more than a speech and a slap on his head. If that.

Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 21:28   Link #119
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I think a lot of people forget what kind of manga Naruto is, this isn't reality where Sasuke should be hunted down dead or alive at any cost because you can't let a weapon like the Sharingan wandering around ready for the taken.
This is the goody merry Naruto world and if he ever decides/is convinced to come back I doubt Sasuke will receive more than a speech and a slap on his head. If that.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 22:04   Link #120
kheldorin

meh, Tsunade and Jiraiya went AWOL too. I don't really think there's an AWOL law in Konoha or if there is, it isn't enforced strictly. Tsunade almost helped Oro if not for Naruto's intervention and she's hokage now. So the current Hokage was AWOL when the country was attacked by Oro. Good role model there. Jiraiya was also late. He came only after the snakes has destroyed alot of buildings. In the meanwhile, Sasuke spoilt Oro's plan more than any of the Sannin did. He managed to chase Shukaku away to an area where he did the least damage. And yeah, he did risk his life in that battle. For what?

For nothing apparently. When he heard Itachi was near. He was the only one who went there. Only Gai sensei was sent as backup and he was late. So now, after years of not hunting Itachi, Konoha suddenly is able to do that just because Naruto requested the mission??!! Preferential treatment sucks. If the Third had not let his biasness cloud his judgement, Oro would have died long ago and Konoha wouldn't be in such a mess. Konoha has done nothing to help Sasuke. Sasuke was justified in leaving Konoha. He wouldn't be as strong as he is now had he not done so.

Spoiler:

I don't get why people think that Sasuke is going to be redeemed or saved. He doesn't want to be saved. We've been through 2 rescue arcs now. I had hoped by now that people realise that you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. It's an exercise in futility. To be redeemed, you need to be wrong first. He was never wrong. Besides, the discussion itself is premature. The Sharingan has more secrets to it than just Itachi vs Sasuke. Uchiha Madara, remember him? If Kishi was good, and he is, the upcoming fight would pose even more questions than it will answer. And I really do not want Sasuke being in Naruto's side. It would make the Manga extremely boring.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote