AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 11:28   Link #5881
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Shiage....
Does he really look that old? I thought Kaori would be 25 while Shiage would be 23. Then again, people are saying that I look 40. This one is debatable, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Gonna have to contest the date on the 4th Novel. That's Angel Fall, isn't it? Didn't that take place over a couple of days?
Now that I noticed it, I have to agree as well. You have to note that Touma ended up in the hospital again. It's definitely longer than 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Yep. Too little preaching before the first punch. THe seond might do a bit more.

But seriously Touma. Why are you such a BadAss?

I especially like the little bit with his left hand. The way its phrased makes it seem its better not to have IB, which isan interesting point of view.
Btw, if you don't realise it, Vol 11 Chp 5 is completed.
Old 2010-10-30, 11:33   Link #5882
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Does he really look that old? I thought Kaori would be 25 while Shiage would be 23. Then again, people are saying that I look 40. This one is debatable, I guess.

Now that I noticed it, I have to agree as well. You have to note that Touma ended up in the hospital again. It's definitely longer than 2 days.

Btw, if you don't realise it, Vol 11 Chp 5 is completed.
I dunno...Shiage looks like someone 26 at least to me.....
Old 2010-10-30, 11:36   Link #5883
outerelf

I wonder if Touma has a penchant for falling into water- if there is any water nearby, he will fall into it. And almost die- Does Touma have Super Drowning Skills? I suppose Gabriel has been trying to kill him with her water for a long time now.
Old 2010-10-30, 11:38   Link #5884
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Which is a good thing that Academy City's in Tokyo.

Off topic: 295 pages already. Can we surpass the number of 'Hajime no Ippo' chapters?
Old 2010-10-30, 13:55   Link #5885
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Which is a good thing that Academy City's in Tokyo.

Off topic: 295 pages already. Can we surpass the number of 'Hajime no Ippo' chapters?
I thought Academy City was a separate island off the coast of Japan? Everything seemed to suggest that AC was almost completely isolated from the rest of Japan.
Old 2010-10-30, 15:11   Link #5886
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Academy City is in Japan, specifically in western Tokyo.
Old 2010-10-30, 15:16   Link #5887
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Just finished Volume 8.

Musujime is so incredibly mislead, and Accelerator is still badass, even in a crutch. I actually really enjoyed reading, and I think that (so far) it may be better than the currently-running anime.

Now off to do important things...
Old 2010-10-30, 15:22   Link #5888
Used Can

Quote:
Wrong....Laevateinn is a weapon found in Hel....
Hmmm...? I really don't know much about Nordic myths, I just remembered having read about Freyr's sword on this site, and they call that sword Laevanteinn.

Quote:
And yes, there is mention of how as long as she has the sword up, Innocentius is helpless against her. Basically it takes the form of a glowing blade that floats around her and fights of its own accord.
I see... so, all these weapons are summoned by magic? The idea of Index summoning some sort of Gates of Babylon is rather funny.

I'm also interested in those red wings of hers, but it seems that, as of now, there's very little information about them, am I right?
Old 2010-10-30, 20:39   Link #5889
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hmmm...? I really don't know much about Nordic myths, I just remembered having read about Freyr's sword on this site, and they call that sword Laevanteinn.

I see... so, all these weapons are summoned by magic? The idea of Index summoning some sort of Gates of Babylon is rather funny.

I'm also interested in those red wings of hers, but it seems that, as of now, there's very little information about them, am I right?
The red wings are described as being the same as an angel's and thus when she uses them in conjunction with Freyr's sword to attack, it is written as "a combination of Christianity and Nordic myth"
Old 2010-10-30, 21:56   Link #5890
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tsuchimikado doesn't seem like the spy type and Touma isn't the kind of person who had saved the city.
Fair enough I guess. But for some reason I still doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I remember- I brought this up before somewhere else. The response: "Though it IS possible Aogami's a hidden level 5 - way back in vol1 of the novels, Aogami was the first guy Touma thought of as someone 'Strong' to help him fight against magicians and save Index, placed even before Mikoto."

Found the quote:
Oh crap, I never noticed that before. Now I'm really starting to believe Aogami may be a level 5.
Old 2010-10-30, 22:39   Link #5891
Flere821
Lurker

Going back to Aleister's plans mentioned on the previous page, Aleister has been setting his plans in motion FIFTY years ago when he met Heaven Canceller and faked his own death.

Still, what was that bit about 0930 being the half-way point of his plans? I don't remember reading that...
Old 2010-10-30, 22:42   Link #5892
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Kanzaki Ss pt 5 summary:
Spoiler for kanzazki ss pt 5:

Seriously, I can't help but laugh while reconstructing that "fight" in my mind. And we didn't even get to see the real villain behind this incident.
Old 2010-10-30, 23:37   Link #5893
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Going back to Aleister's plans mentioned on the previous page, Aleister has been setting his plans in motion FIFTY years ago when he met Heaven Canceller and faked his own death.

Still, what was that bit about 0930 being the half-way point of his plans? I don't remember reading that...
No.....I said then when reading midway through the series, it felt that 930 was a rather nice midway point pacing and plot wise.....then barely two months later, we get to the current arc...that's what I meant when I said Aleister has some fast moving plans. Because despite plotting long before, Kamijyo Touma only came on the scene rather recently....
Old 2010-10-31, 01:05   Link #5894
Used Can

Quote:
The red wings are described as being the same as an angel's and thus when she uses them in conjunction with Freyr's sword to attack, it is written as "a combination of Christianity and Nordic myth"
Another question, how often has she been displaying these abilities lately? The only ones I'm aware of is the one back in the 1st volume, and when she went berserk in the 21st.

I think it'd be interesting if she manages to know how to control all this power one day.
Old 2010-10-31, 01:14   Link #5895
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, Laevateinn is indeed an undefeated sword in Norse myth. None of its wielder has ever lost a battle. Surt can brought upon the end of Norse would and burnt down the Yggdrasil simply because he had that sword.

But what Index summoned isn't the actual sword, just a counterfit formed by magic. in To Aru verse, if you really pull out a divine weapon, the world would be destroyed in mere seconds. Actual mythical artifacts is just too much to be used on Earth.

Edit: I should add, Laevateinn is not the actual name of the sword.

Edit2: I should add, there is no direct evidence saying Laevateinn is really Frey's sword, but a hypothesis.

Last edited by shmaster; 2010-10-31 at 02:04.
Old 2010-10-31, 01:15   Link #5896
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Another question, how often has she been displaying these abilities lately? The only ones I'm aware of is the one back in the 1st volume, and when she went berserk in the 21st.

I think it'd be interesting if she manages to know how to control all this power one day.
In the first place what was the suppose reason that she can't use magic? The Johann Pen? Well now that the symbol and all the remote-control have been destroyed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
But what Index summoned isn't the actual sword, just a counterfit formed by magic. in To Aru verse, if you really pull out a divine weapon, the world would be destroyed in mere seconds. Actual mythical artifacts is just too much to be used on Earth.
I'm guessing you're referring to a certain walking natural disaster weapon.
Old 2010-10-31, 01:21   Link #5897
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Actually, Laura still has her own copy of the remote control.....
Old 2010-10-31, 01:28   Link #5898
Used Can

Quote:
I see, the weapons she's using are mere copies. I odd it funny she'd summon the real things with magic. But Index actually using the real thing would be funny.

*device of impending doom about to crash on Earth*
Index: EX--- CALIBUUUUUUR!
Tōma: YES!
Stiyl: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to a certain walking natural disaster weapon.
Accelerator?
Old 2010-10-31, 01:31   Link #5899
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yes, Laevateinn is indeed an undefeated sword in Norse myth. None of its wielder has ever lost a battle. Surt can brought upon the end of Norse would and burnt down the Yggdrasil simply because he had that sword.

I remember the actual (insert ultra long Aztec name here) spear that Etzali's weapon is a copy of had similar capabilities....would not that mean then that those actual gods exist as well? What are they classed as? Angels?
Old 2010-10-31, 01:33   Link #5900
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

What abilities? The wings? She only used those in the WWIII arc...

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen