AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 15:24   Link #21
Midonin
Last Engage

CR's streaming all three of the three minute comedies. That includes this one.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:36   Link #22
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

episodes will only be 3 minutes?
ok...
Old 2013-01-03, 10:36   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

If there's anyone who I would nominate to read what sounds like the diary of the Dark Flame Master, Mii (none other than the Tyrant's Eye herself) is the best choice. The main problem I had with Chitose was pacing, and this show's sense of comedic timing looks a little more refined, and the source material may play a part in that. The sense of humor is also right up my alley. Wordplay puns, non sequitors and a bit of 8-bit video game homages for flavor. Takeshobo's works are a mixed bag (with Morita still setting the bar), but AMM is making a strong case for itself.
Old 2013-01-03, 11:27   Link #24
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Love the posters in the back
Old 2013-01-03, 11:29   Link #25
Dop
Mmmm....

What the hell did I just watch?

That was just crazy and wacky enough I'll be watching more.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:47   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Short but funny. Nice pacing. Nutso in a good way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:46   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... not my cup of tea ... too "fast" and crazy for my taste. Ah well.
Old 2013-01-07, 04:47   Link #28
SinsI

I assume it has no relation to Ai Mai Mi~Strawberry Egg~?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 10:37   Link #29
Midonin
Last Engage

I think I've figured out exactly what kind of tone this series is setting for itself. With the sudden appearance of a mythical creature being hauled off for parking violations and one of the main characters dying in the second episode, all pretenses of sanity have been abandoned, giving way to something that wouldn't feel out of place on modern Cartoon Network.

☆☆☆
Old 2013-01-17, 10:36   Link #30
Midonin
Last Engage

So Mai becomes a cyborg to become better at drawing after dying in the last episode. This, coupled with the strange introductions by the narrator, is actually making this the first show since Morita that I've held a slightly deeper interest in. It's kind of demented, but... that's exactly the kind of thing I like.
Old 2013-01-24, 10:33   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

That was one of the more Wonka-esque twists I've seen on the ubiquitous "character almost gets hit by a truck" plot device. Perhaps it's for the best that Ai doesn't get heavily involved with these two this week.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:35   Link #32
Midonin
Last Engage

This show's "anything goes" style was really emphasized in this episode. Ponoka's time-traveling pot, a completely random time tunnel, getting hit in the stomach with a bat... and it proves that Ai's not above them, even if she is the most practical. Since she sneaked off just like Ponoka as soon as she had a chance to get the hell out of there. The narrations explaining what the anime is in the first part are my favorite running gag of the episode. Of all the three minute anime on the air, this one is by far the weirdest.
Old 2013-02-07, 14:04   Link #33
Midonin
Last Engage

So everything I was trying to imply about Himawari in last week's VRO appears to be true for Mii in this week's episode. The live action backdrops, whatever it is Ponoka is doing, and Mii's weird song... this show is the trippiest thing I've seen. Teekyuu was wild, but it had a method to its madness. This is just madness. And when I stare into the madness, the madness stares me back.
Old 2013-02-07, 22:11   Link #34
FateAnomaly

Why do Ai Mai Mii namewise always seems to be grouped together? I mean like Popotan (one if my fav show) the sisters are also called Ai Mai and Mii. There must be some connection in the names.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 17:22   Link #35
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Why do Ai Mai Mii namewise always seems to be grouped together? I mean like Popotan (one if my fav show) the sisters are also called Ai Mai and Mii. There must be some connection in the names.
As an English speaker the obvious answer is "I", "My" and "Me". I don't know if there's any other significance.

I, too, am fond of collarbones.

Last edited by ujiuji; 2013-02-08 at 17:32.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 10:37   Link #36
Midonin
Last Engage

That poor cat didn't ask to be dragged into any of this. It's clear that Mii is the craziest one here, but at the VERY least, she didn't end up sliding into the cat like she promised. Kitty, get out of this show while you still can.
Old 2013-02-21, 10:43   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

Even for this show, that vacuum gag was kind of grotesque. Ai took some control of her situation (and even if she's the straight man, she's just as crazy as the rest of them), and hell if I know what's up with Ponoka.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:03   Link #38
garbage

man this ep8 was so unbelievably morbidly funny , that vacuum cleaner >.< but the last statement was the funniest part "could you return this to Mii for me...." and then a few seconds later Mii gets cooked & burned to a char...while mai is turning ccanibal >.<
mii-chan really got it bad this week, ahaha
BTW am i just imagining things or that cage scene was a joke reference to Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"
Old 2013-02-28, 10:41   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

No wonder Ponoka explodes into bubbles when she's depressed. Being a human sprinkler does that. ...but where is the water coming from? Do I even want that answered?
Old 2013-03-04, 19:43   Link #40
chaos_animagic

Hmm... I wonder if cat food really tastes good...

Also... instead of a cat, it reminds me of Dodoro, LOL

PS: gonna go lick a salamander.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, science fiction, slice of life