AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-15, 02:51   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Isn't that true of everybody who hates or likes GSD? I mean, the haters and the lovers, neither will ever change their mind about it, right? You, me, Obi, Wingdarkness... lol
The difference is that I actually don't hate GSD at all...It just bitterly dissapointed me with it's wasted potential...especially in it's handeling of Shinn and when I finally got over it a bit Final Plus just killed me all over again...I can't help that 80% of the topics in this forum discusses what it did wrong...Like this thread, I see what the thread is about and I make an opinion...I usually explain myself analytically and beyond a shadow of a doubt unless I'm purposely being silly...A charge I doubt my detracters can make...

Oh and I think you should know that Obi-wan could have given premature dark-ally birth to you so I think you should know that "he's" actually a 22 year old girl since you still seem not to know ...

As for the actual threads question it would have to be GSD...There are lots of things I dislike about it...It is the only G-series (and I've seen them all except for Igloo & f-91 OVA) that dissapoints me beyond belief and the feelings of bitterness i had following it's conclusion is second to none (Didn't mean I didn't like many episodes or that i wasn't excited for a while until it really degenerated)...No other G-series has ever garnered that from me which means I obviously didn't hate the show since it illicited such reactions from me...I generally pretty much like if not love all the other g-series even G and Wing that gets usually the most fan-crap from the older series...But if people like Nightengale and others wanna see me as the "Big bad Destiny Wolf" I'll accept that charge...atleast I always back my $hit up unlike the real Destiny haters that just arbitrarily drop ignorant hysterical flames with coarse language and can give less than a damn about this pro-Destiny movement as it were...
Old 2006-05-15, 03:06   Link #42
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Ignore, hmm...but then it wouldn't be any fun. If everyone just got to say what they wanted without anyone talking back, forums would boring as all hell.

sonicetom raeorf besiba
There's a difference between ignoring personal opinion (( that may be dragged too long than it needs to be )) and ignoring certain bullshit that is sparked purely because of various factors. (( Like thinking Fukuda is 100 tons of shit, ignoring his other good works, and worshipping Tomino, ignoring his other BAD works. ))

Not to mention arguments pertaining to personal opinion is an endless cycle. I think "blah blah blah", you're entitled to your opinion "blah blah", we have different taste "blah blah", etc etc.

@ wd, while I don't neccesarily agree with everything you think about Destiny, (( I too am dissapointed, but nevertheless enjoyed it as it is, because technically EVERY Gundam series dissapoints me some way or another. Your opinion pertains to purely yourself, and I have nothing against you and your opinions. Some of my friends think that Eureka 7 is shit, and while I disagree personally, it doesn't matter to me.

The only problem with personal opinions (( not pointing to anyone, hell I haven't seen much of it these days anyway )) is that sometimes, some people force their opinions, especially when it relates to Destiny.

Like one of my most memorable replies after saying I liked GSD pre-Great Hack was, lol u liek teh shit that is GSD!!? You fail. GSD SUCKED SHIT. You're shit.

Something like that.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 11:33   Link #43
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Like one of my most memorable replies after saying I liked GSD pre-Great Hack was, lol u liek teh shit that is GSD!!? You fail. GSD SUCKED SHIT. You're shit.

Something like that.
Well the ones who say garbage like that are the ones who try to get on some bandwagon. Seeing how hating GSD has become the theme right now. I remember how people hopped on the i hate wing becuase it sucks crap. The ones who say it seem not to have any remote idea of thier only merely repeating what others have said.
Old 2006-05-15, 11:38   Link #44
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I'm not on some sort of bandwagon, I have clearly stated why I don't like GSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsu69
it had the anti GSD haters and the Fanboys waiting over night every weekends for each episode...
That can only describe me in the beginning - when it started to go down I wasn't waiting for the episodes because I liked GSD, but because I wanted to like GSD and I hoped it would become better. I'm an optimistic sucker.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 12:25   Link #45
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
That would be GSD.

I actually watched GSD hoping that it would become good other other than what the other people here were saying about it before I watched it. And I wanted to like it too. But it wasn't what I actually expected of GSD, and so...

I do not really HATE GSD per se, it's just how the other fans seem to equate GODLINESS to TRUTH AND JUSTICE AND LOVE and how THEY COULD NEVER EVER BE WRONG, and HOW they DEFEND it.

And of course, one of my fave characters gone and done wrong.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 12:57   Link #46
tetsuo69

there were those who hated GSD and yet they still watch all 50 ep. -_-'' if i dislike a anime series from the start of ep 23"kira/AA return" and the series is 50 ep and after 15 episode its still going down the toilet i would stop watching it and move to another series, i would see no point in keep watching it. atleast in my opinion and that's what i did with Turn A , after seeing 4-6 ep and not liking at all, what i did was stop watching cause i knew in the near future there would be a new Gundam series that might appeal to me.
Old 2006-05-15, 13:30   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
srb and ES: That's what I did too. I mean, it was Gundam. I wanted to like it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
there were those who hated GSD and yet they still watch all 50 ep. -_-'' if i dislike a anime series from the start of ep 23"kira/AA return" and the series is 50 ep and after 15 episode its still going down the toilet i would stop watching it and move to another series, i would see no point in keep watching it. atleast in my opinion and that's what i did with Turn A , after seeing 4-6 ep and not liking at all, what i did was stop watching cause i knew in the near future there would be a new Gundam series that might appeal to me.
The only problem with that is that the show might get better later in the series. A lot of the anime I've seen seem at first like they'll suck in the early episodes, but then jump up the awesomeness meter later. This is what happened to me with Turn A, at first I didn't like it either, but around episode 8-10 the series turned me, and the earlier episodes were much more tolerable after that.
Old 2006-05-15, 13:55   Link #48
tetsuo69

Quote:
The only problem with that is that the show might get better later in the series. A lot of the anime I've seen seem at first like they'll suck in the early episodes, but then jump up the awesomeness meter later. This is what happened to me with Turn A, at first I didn't like it either, but around episode 8-10 the series turned me, and the earlier episodes were much more tolerable after that.
hey but there were those who still didn't like the series and were still watching up to the mid 40's. did they really think everything could change for better in the last 4-5 episodes? -_-'' what happen to you with Turn A can be understand as you started liking the series at the end of the first 10 episodes while being a series of 50 episodes if i'm not wrong,
Old 2006-05-15, 13:57   Link #49
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

Hmm, well...there are alot of Gundam series that for me...have aspects that I personally don't like. More or less.(Behold my PC! Tremble before it mortals!)
But we have all heard about why "X" Gundam sucks ( no, not Gundam X ) so fairly pointless maybe.

Something I do find interesting about all this are all the "I hate show X because it's popular to do diss it" and the "I hate those that hate show X because it's popular to diss the dissers" etc etc.
It's fairly clear that no side will get the upper hand is it, so why go aggro-apeshit over it in every thread?
Not saying that you shouldn't of course! It's fun reading, although some of the recapp episodes and reused scenes do hurt the overall impression

But if I have to say something abit more to do with the topic...I've found that some shows are better than one have been led to belive, or the other way around once you get around to watching them.
Yes, shows like Gundam Wing I still see as big load of crap. But I can't say I didn't enjoy SOME aspects of it, however small.
Gundam ZZs first half was BAD, but it was not half as bad as I thought it would be and the ride after that went straight trough ass kicking land.
G Gundam really manages to do what it sets out to do (unlike SOME shows I won't mention here...), if you like that kind of show is another issue...

Another strange thing is the nostalgia factor (or whatever you are supposed to call it) with half of the people going "This show rocks because it was the first I saw!", which I myself don't find to be much of a argument over the shows quality itself, although it sure sounds like it...
I saw SEED first and man did I find the first episodes to be horrible for me...really freaky looking characters, completly one sided battles and indistructible Gundams piloted by the worst pile of emo teenagers ever(or so I thought...).
I admit that the show grew on me after awhile, especialy some of the later episodes but I still can't rank it anywhere nere the "top" of Gundam shows, especially not for the "first show!!" reason...

It's all about ones taste I suppose, but we can all agree that the world would be a better place to live if we all loved each other and...uh...
Or maybe I should crawl back to my lurking and stop writing a load of crap

This message were brought to you by genericpostswelike.com
Mega-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 16:03   Link #50
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah...I tend to see a lot of people around here, where I live, who started out with Gundam Wing or Gundam SEED and think all the older one's sucked just because of their animation and didn't even watch the first episode after like 5 minutes. u_u;; And so many times throughout the series, when they're all "Whoa! That Mobile Suit/Ship is so cool!!" (like the GOUF Ignited or the DOM Trooper and, obviously, the Archangel), I responded with "Well that was taken from <insert older series here>" and, obviously, they didn't believe me, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 09:40   Link #51
Z.E.R.O
Twisted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Yeah...I tend to see a lot of people around here, where I live, who started out with Gundam Wing or Gundam SEED and think all the older one's sucked just because of their animation and didn't even watch the first episode after like 5 minutes. u_u;; And so many times throughout the series, when they're all "Whoa! That Mobile Suit/Ship is so cool!!" (like the GOUF Ignited or the DOM Trooper and, obviously, the Archangel), I responded with "Well that was taken from <insert older series here>" and, obviously, they didn't believe me, lol.
Its all true!

Personally i really don't like G gundam. It's more of the super robots genre wich kind of defeats the point of gundam which practically created real robots. plus it has some really Wacky (original nonetheless) mecha designs. Buts its control system is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Common sense tells you that the cockpit motion trace system is actually a more efficient way to pilot and makes much more sense than 'conventional piloting'. I always don't get how a pilot can shoot, punch, kick, dodge, flip, grab and do delicate finger movements just by 2 hand controls and 2 foot pedals.!
I think that the gundam has a load of preprogrammed moves in it already and by pressing different combinantions of the "2 levers, and 2 Foot pedals" you get these moves just like in a computer game. Becuase as Heero "proved" in gundam W episode 26 "the eternal flame of the shooting stars"
the control levers in a gundam have little buttons along them as well. Although you cant see it (i cant get an animated GIF sorry) his fingers are moving on the handle as if pushing buttons (Someone like that doesnt have finger spazms when piloting their gundam!)
Z.E.R.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 13:41   Link #52
minayuri

I didn't care for the SEED series due to the cliche characters, the fan pandering the series posessed, and horrible character and plot development.
minayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:54   Link #53
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp View Post
Or maybe I should crawl back to my lurking and stop writing a load of crap
No! You have a cool avatar!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 17:34   Link #54
Amuroray
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minayuri View Post
I didn't care for the SEED series due to the cliche characters, the fan pandering the series posessed, and horrible character and plot development.
This.It truly was hell.Cant belive i looked forward to it
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:28   Link #55
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd say the few I have seen, but not finished and didn't like are, SEED, G-Gundam.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 20:47   Link #56
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
4 year thread revived??

I like 00 and UC universe in general (especially their respective mechanics) although I've barely explored the latter's huge size yet, but I do read a lot of it's mechanics. I started with Seed (never got around to watching Destiny yet) way back in late 06 but I never got serious with Gundam till 00 (that was released the following year, at the end of 07) which I like quite a lot. Just perfectly synchs with me for some reason, so Bandai successful drew another gunpla customer with that since that series drew in me to gunpla since I really loved 00's mecha designs a lot. There's alot of other AUs I havent explored either, but looking forward to X and Turn A when I have the time.
Old 2011-02-08, 20:53   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Lawd, voodoo grave-robbing much? Talk about resurrecting a thread...Always lulz to see people quoting guys from 5 years ago expecting a ghost of a response xD...

Oh (As I peek my head outta the the closed coffin), GSD is the most dislikable^^...
Old 2011-02-08, 21:23   Link #58
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Lawd, voodoo grave-robbing much? Talk about resurrecting a thread...Always lulz to see people quoting guys from 5 years ago expecting a ghost of a response xD...

Oh (As I peek my head outta the the closed coffin), GSD is the most dislikable^^...
Old 2011-02-08, 21:42   Link #59
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Doesn't the person who resurrected old threads get a slap on the wrist?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:28   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, to be fair.. the necromancer do revived the thread AND stay on topic .. Cant say the same to the subsequent posters tho .. me included

To stay on topic, I hate Relena with passion rivalled only my hatred toward Stinku and Wanko.. And I still dont understand why peoples raving about Gundam Wing.. So yea, Thats my most dislike gundam series

Favourite? Go to be Turn A .. dem mustache!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote