AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 23:51   Link #2021
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

Yeah? Even just one flat chested girl in Dead.or.Alive would be a big deal. The Konotas and Nagis of the world are reminding people that big breasts don't always equal better... or something like that. I'd lmao if the game said "Delicious Flat Chest Edition!" though or "Love Love Flat Chest Pure Collection"
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 00:49   Link #2022
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I can understand if a developer chooses to only develop exculsively for the wii, ps3 or 360 but I can't stand money hats and how they fuck over the consumer.
Seriously now... video games is a business first and foremost. You're REALLY kidding yourself if you don't think that the main driving force behind this industry (or all major industries for the matter) is the almighty dollar (or pound/euro/yen/whatever).

I mean, these same Money Hats (particularly over at Capcom) wouldn't make another iteration of the Breath of Fire series because the RPG scene is simply not as profitable as it once was. Am I screwed over as a consumer? Definitely. Do I complain about it? No, because I understand that they're in this to make money.

Quote:
Any way I would be all for multiplatform gaming if consoles didn't cost a fucking small fortune, and really I'm not shilling 300 dollars for a shitty system that could possibly die on me any minute and has a known history of premature death due to cost cutting measures by the maker of said console
And guess what? Video games is a luxury, and a VERY expensive luxury at that. If you can't afford multiple consoles, then either stick with what you have and be happy with it, or move on to another hobby. Goodness knows there's much cheaper ones out there.

BTW, I find it ironic you speak of history of premature deaths as a major deterrent of getting a PS3, and you still got a 360 despite the horror stories of RRoDs left and right. I certainly am still much more afraid of my 360 overheating and getting a RRoD than my PS3 dying on me, but that's neither here nor there...

Quote:
pst you know what renters vs movie goer is different, rarely do dvds contain video that is pertenant to the plot
And uh... anything in the PS3 additions is pertinent to the plot of Vesperia? Are you implying that they're adding something to the main plot because something was wrong with it in the 360 version? I mean, Vesperia is a lot of things (mostly bad in my POV), but plot incoherence isn't one of them. They don't need to add anything to the plot because it already works; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Or are you talking about the tie in to the prequel? Nope, that's not going to be pertinent to the overall plot at all. Take a look at Star Wars. They changed Jabba the hutt from a human to slug in remakes of New Hope to tie in with future editions. They also changed changed Darth Vader from a black man to a white guy to tie in with the prequels. Pertinent to plot? Hardly.

It was the same for the tie ins for ports of Valkyrie Profile (for VP2) and Star Ocean 1 (for SO2), to name two off the top of my head. These tie ins are nothing more than to make the connection between the two titles a little more concrete; hardly would they impact the plot at all. It's not going to be any different here.

Quote:
if your going to add something that is significant to the game and basically shaft one group of customers, than thats bad business
Oh they don't do it to shaft one group customers... they add extra content to give incentive for those who own the original to get another copy AND entice those who doesn't into buying one. And its not just limited to video games my friend.

Quote:
if another tales games drops on 360 i bet it won't be as well recieved especially when people think they might not be getting the whole game
Vesperia an 'incomplete' game? Don't make me laugh. As I said before, I have no love lost for Vesperia (IMO it basically embodies the two major negative phrases associated with JRPGs nowadays, 'stagnant' and 'not innovative'), but I give credit where its due... at least it didn't leave you with the impression that there's something missing in it.

Really, the way of your thinking is wrong. Just because the PS3 people gets a little something extra doesn't make your game incomplete all of a sudden.

On a side note, this is one of the reasons why I always try to judge/evaluate something without outside bias/influence as much as possible. I mean, if you didn't know there was a PS3 version, I bet dollars to donuts that you won't be calling Vesperia an 'incomplete' game.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 11:14   Link #2023
Nosauz

Really? Money is the reason why businesses exist? Holy smokes batman your a genius. Really all I said was a) money hats hurt developers not the console makers who give moneyhats. And you know what, developers are businesses too, fracturing your fan base is the easiest way to kill your studio other than putting out garbage and shovelware. You know what when you have two levels of businesses, one is not gonna watch out for the other, their out there for their own interests, and I'll say this now studios that have staying power, never concede to the console maker because again... the business model is to make money.

And really vesperia is an imcomplete game because there is a ps3 game that features MORE content pertinent to the damn story, if thats not complete then I don't know what is. And really i've already made it clear that i have a ps3, hence why i don't want no rrod, or e74 errors, to then have m$ deny my warranty, no thanks i'll pass. I really don't care because I haven't play vesperia, and probably won't till it drops on my console and even then i haven't really enoyed any jrpgs since ff10 so its not a big loss to me. Also your comment of enticing the consumer from a nother console to purchase a ps3 and the game, is pretty damn asinine but w/e.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 09:57   Link #2024
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I got Outrun from a friend with an euro account, since it will never come to the american PSN.

It's Outrun, so if you like the series, you should get one. All the cars are gorgeous, but the backgrounds, people, well, everything else looks like it's coming directly from the sega saturn.

My favorite mode is the heart attack, but all the modes are fun. The online is very bad, with a bunch of problems even when playing with people near you.

Well, besides the problems, it's a great game. Trophies are not that hard(but not that easy) an it's enjoyable.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 14:42   Link #2025
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
I need an opinion. I have a choice between Killzone 2 and Infamous, but not sure which I should get first. (I'll eventually get the other some time later) Which one would you guys recommend?
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 14:49   Link #2026
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Infamous IMO. Dunno though, I just like the game concept.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 16:07   Link #2027
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I'm also with infamous.
Old 2009-05-01, 21:47   Link #2028
ShinGundam

Infamous
This Video may spoil some concepts of the game but I like what he said
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...-And-More.html
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 22:55   Link #2029
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I'd go with Infamous over Killzone 2. Infamous tackles an interesting concept and is a game that meets, but doesn't exceed, technical competence across the board. Combat, movement, visuals and presentation are all very solid. Elaboration on morality and character growth may determine the difference between Infamous being an adequate experience, or a truly memorable one, but what I've seen and read so far looks promising.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-05-01 at 23:44.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 12:55   Link #2030
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Alright, Infamous it is then. : D I was leaning more towards it but was a little impatient for the wait. xP
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 13:19   Link #2031
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

What about Terminator Salvation(Pc for meh), Sacred 2: Fallen Angel(already beaten on my pc pal copy months ago :3) or Cross Edge? It's this month.
Old 2009-05-03, 08:40   Link #2032
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender! View Post
Alright, Infamous it is then. : D I was leaning more towards it but was a little impatient for the wait. xP
As if you'd get infamous over Killzone, yes the concept is interesting but I can't help shake off the feeling of Assassins creed. I predict that game is going to be boring due to the repetitive nature of it. Well at least you can enjoy the Uncharted 2 beta.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 08:47   Link #2033
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

i would say killzone2 but i would've picked that over alot of stuff. infamous just doesn't look that interesting to me. the whole do good/bad things and affect your character has been done alot and i never really thought it was a big deal. i'd rather get uncharted2 or lost planet2 or ghostbusters or just about any other game over infamous
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 16:49   Link #2034
DidCart

Did you guys played the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game demo?
I loved it! It's like a God of War with claws!

Way better then the normal "movie-based" games.
I'll probably buy this one.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 20:31   Link #2035
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post

True, movie games do normally suck, this one is pretty decent.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 20:34   Link #2036
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post

i got it on day 1 its really good its a bit buggy at times but doesn't take the fun of ripping some guys arm off and start smacking him with it to death
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 00:43   Link #2037
Seitsuki
Onee!

if it's anywhere near as GOW i'll give it a look
tho superhero movie -> game adaptions don't do terribly well (ironman, fantastic 4 etcetc)
Old 2009-05-04, 00:50   Link #2038
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I played the demo and it's veeeery nice and really violent(which is quite bizarre, since the movie is the opposite). It really remembers Gow, not as good as this one, but it's really nice, so i think it's worth it.
Old 2009-05-07, 01:02   Link #2039
ShinGundam

New RGG in development for PS3

New Crossover RPG 3D
Trinity Universe
Gust, NIS, Idea Factory
-August release

http://wiieveryday.blogspot.com/2009...-20090508.html
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 04:07   Link #2040
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The gameplay screens don't really look impressive. In fact, they look hideous. Let's hope that's just the quality of the scan talking.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony