AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-30, 00:45   Link #221
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
The music in this game is so good. I have the BGMs if anyone is interested.
Could you PM a link? tyvm
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:56   Link #222
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Okay gotcha
Yeah, thought that'd explain that and the Yoshino love : D. (although the latter seems to be pretty universal)

Also, as for the voices, Akane's voice kept giving me Yukari Tamura vibes. But I'm not a seiyuu expert by far, so I wouldn't trust that too much.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 05:42   Link #223
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm pretty crap at identifying seiyuu, so I'm not even gonna try.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 23:23   Link #224
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm pretty decent in telling voices if anyone wants has a sound clip wr sumthin Oh who has the bgm 0_0 I wanna hear!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 10:04   Link #225
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

A game that has Ryukishi's work on it must be an epic game XD Plus its Key ^^ (not to mention an all-age game). So I'll wait for the full game release plus an English translation patch which will be in 2-3 years. Hmm...
Old 2010-07-08, 22:53   Link #226
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Akane is voiced by Eri Kitamura if my ears are correct.

The music in this game is so good. I have the BGMs if anyone is interested.
Mind to PM me copy of BGM?
Oh yeah,somebody have released CG packs too.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:05   Link #227
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

If anyone is interested, Key are holding a NicoNico Live event right now:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv20518219
Old 2010-07-09, 15:25   Link #228
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
If anyone is interested, Key are holding a NicoNico Live event right now:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv20518219
So what was it about? They just played music for like 30 minutes and then I fell asleep waiting -_____-;

Last edited by kyosak; 2010-07-09 at 15:49.
Old 2010-07-09, 18:35   Link #229
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
So what was it about? They just played music for like 30 minutes and then I fell asleep waiting -_____-;
That's what they do at these things. But this time it was to showcase the Kud Wafter OST, Angel Beats! vocal songs, and even had the OPs for Little Busters EX and Rewrite thrown in the mix. Amongst the comments, they were trying to hit 10,000 viewers, but fell short by 100-odd.

Not super exciting, but that's all it was.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:09   Link #230
kyosak
poo

Haha gotcha.
Guess I didn't miss much Dx
Old 2010-07-11, 13:32   Link #231
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why would she need an alias? This isn't even an eroge.
For the eventual eroge version that comes out a year after this is released, obviously.

I like what I've tried of the demo, but I still can't put myself down to pre-order this game. Not after being burned by LB! and LB Ecstasy! If Key had never pulled that, and we all accepted it as another Clannad, I would have been fine. Now I have to second guess every move their business team makes...
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 13:45   Link #232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
For the eventual eroge version that comes out a year after this is released, obviously.
Considering the seiyuu working for Rewrite, it is very unlikely that there will be any ero "update", especially that Key planned Ecstasy ahead of time (most of the fandom knew about it when LB was about to be released IIRC).
Old 2010-07-11, 14:29   Link #233
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering the seiyuu working for Rewrite, it is very unlikely that there will be any ero "update", especially that Key planned Ecstasy ahead of time (most of the fandom knew about it when LB was about to be released IIRC).
Do we even know who the seiyuu for Rewrite are yet?
Old 2010-07-11, 14:32   Link #234
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Do we even know who the seiyuu for Rewrite are yet?
Not exactly, but there are very high chances that Saito Chiwa and Kitamura Eri were hired, as respectively Kotori and Akane.
As far as it goes, none of the voice actors ring me any bell with the eroge I've played so far (it isn't like key are engaging random people, if you consider LB and Tomoyo After so).
Old 2010-07-11, 15:13   Link #235
winkel

Quote:
Considering the seiyuu working for Rewrite, it is very unlikely that there will be any ero "update"
That's an easy and common problem to remedy in the business. Hire different seiyuu for the 18+ version.

Assuming of course, you're right about your guesses of the people voicing the game atm.

Quote:
especially that Key planned Ecstasy ahead of time (most of the fandom knew about it when LB was about to be released IIRC).
I'm pretty sure people had suspicions at the time, but no one actually knew until it popped up a year later and went 'sup guys.'
Old 2010-07-11, 15:16   Link #236
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
That's an easy and common problem to remedy in the business. Hire different seiyuu for the 18+ version.
Perhaps in "usual business", but you are dealing with key here. Unlike many companies, they know they have a sizable hardcore fanbase, and changing things might be a tad too dangerous for them to deal with.
Changing voice actor for a given series is never easy (though they had to that with Tomoyo After for instance), and if they really wanted to have a ero version of rewrite, they would already have hired a cast that already does in that kind of content.
For all intent and purpose, making an "ero update" later isn't really a smart move, considering the current situation of Rewrite.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure people had suspicions at the time, but no one actually knew until it popped up a year later and went 'sup guys.'
Unless my memories are wrong, it was announced pretty early on Hinoue's blog or something.
That and the fact all of the female voice actress (aside of newcomers) already took part of eroge, namely Rin, Komari and Yuiko's VA.
Old 2010-07-11, 15:28   Link #237
winkel

Quote:
Unlike many companies, they know they have a sizable hardcore fanbase
Yes, and I had thought that back with CLANNAD, they proved to themselves that they could take it that way and be fine, and I was perfectly willing to accept that.

But as I said again, then Little Busters happened, and I'm not so sure what to expect anymore.

Quote:
Changing voice actor for a given series is never easy (though they had to that with Tomoyo After for instance), and if they really wanted to have a ero version of rewrite, they would already have hired a cast that already does in that kind of content.
Again, this is all playing on the assumption that we are sure of who the seiyuu are for Rewrite, and that they'll put themselves forward as much. I'll admit I'll be significantly less wary once Key announces the cast list and it has big name seiyuu using their given names plastered all over it.

Quote:
For all intent and purpose, making an "ero update" later isn't really a smart move, considering the current situation of Rewrite.
It's certainly a shrewd business move if you want to milk the fanbase. We see it happen all too many times with other big companies in similar fashion: PC eroge --> Console port with added content + real seiyuu --> PC eroge backport with old seiyuu and new content.

And perhaps I'm not quite up to date on the details, but I don't see how Rewrite is any different nor 'immune' to this methodology.
Old 2010-07-11, 15:36   Link #238
Aaerul

Where can you pre-order Rewrite? I checked Playasia, Ami ami and Himeya Shop, none of them have it up for pre-order yet.

Played the demo. I looooove these characters. They are just so charming
A lot of people found Yoshino funny. Does most of the humour come from Kotarou being a total jackass in front of him? I can't tell fully because I found the language tough for my level.

I still like Masato (LB) much more than Yoshino. I found Maeda's writing funnier.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 15:42   Link #239
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As I mentioned above, they definitely cannot afford in toying with the fanbase, especially considering how big Rewrite project is (that and the marketing they have done so far).
They countlessly said it will be all ages (so they should have the opportunity to announce there might be an ero version later). And again, with their budget, if they really wanted an ero version, you could expect names such like Natsuno Koori (Taguchi Hiroko), Isshiki Hikaru (Tanaka Ryouko) and so forth.

Also, EX didn't sell as much as original LB for obvious reason, so I really think Key wouldn't dare trying that experiment again, especially they are having third party people involved in that (I really have hard time to imagine Ryukishi writing an ero scene, to be blunt, and that has nothing to do with his inability to make galge-like graphics).

But seriously, if it isn't Kitamura or, let's say, Tamura for Akane, they really managed to find a completely unknown seiyuu with as much talent as the former ones.
Old 2010-07-11, 15:57   Link #240
winkel

Quote:
They countlessly said it will be all ages (so they should have the opportunity to announce there might be an ero version later).
If I understand correctly, then we agree? I definitely don't expect this version to be ero. Just the version that comes out 1-2 years later that worries me.

Quote:
Also, EX didn't sell as much as original LB for obvious reason, so I really think Key wouldn't dare trying that experiment again
But the wonderful thing is, it sold pretty darn close. Of course there will be people who prefer/only have access to an all-ages version over an ero version, and it did come out first, so it's not surprising the all-ages sold more. But seeing how close the sales were to each other pretty much shows Key that the fanbase can wait, or has no qualms about double-dipping to get both versions.

Quote:
Especially they are having third party people involved in that (I really have hard time to imagine Ryukishi writing an ero scene, to be blunt, and that has nothing to do with his inability to make galge-like graphics).
I agree, and that part does make me wonder. But we know Romeo has no qualms about making ero scenes, and Yuuto Tonokawa won't either. If I had to venture a guess, I'm pretty sure if an 'EX' version of Rewrite comes to exist, if Ryukishi07 doesn't want to write an ero scene, it wouldn't be too much trouble for one of Key's other writers or even Romeo to step in for that part and work it in to his characters' plot.

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel