AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-05-19, 10:48   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

[Live-Action] Blood : The Last Vampire Movie

ICv2 reports that Bill Kong will be producing a live-action adaptation of Blood: the Last Vampire.

Meanwhile, Ronny Yu has been appointed to be the director and will be mostly shot in English.

Last edited by Guido; 2006-05-19 at 11:29. Reason: A technicism that would be confused.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 14:28   Link #2
vikkineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
ICv2 reports that Bill Kong will be producing a live-action adaptation of Blood: the Last Vampire.

Meanwhile, Ronny Yu has been appointed to be the director and will be mostly shot in English.
I hope they don't botch the film. I guess you can't botch that version, but it'd be awful to see a Blood + version
vikkineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 11:10   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

wooth wooth wooth! thats good news
i liked the Blood anime movie, but the only thing that annoyed me was the ending.. it wa skinda short and wham it was over when i think.. it wasnt even fully over yet

its been a while since ive seen that movie though
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 03:18   Link #4
Tieris

Can anyone here recommend a good fansubber for blood+? the one im using atm are so damn lazy ^^ im waiting for 33 to be subbed
Tieris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 05:31   Link #5
Mizkyu

Tieris: Not only is that wildly offtopic, the series has also been licensed, and thus subbing of it is not up for discussion here. Not to mention that fansubbing is generally done for free, and ragging on fansubbers for being "lazy" because they dare to have other priorities than giving you your free anime fix is rude to say the least.

On topic: The idea of a Blood live-action movie is nice, but... I dunno. I'm kinda iffy about it, to be honest. If it's a straight remake, it's liable to be baaad... on the other hand, if they do an adaption or something... I dunno. I guess I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm not going to go into squeaky fangirl mode just yet
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 18:34   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Post First scoop at the story

At an interview for Ain't It Cool News, Ronny Yu disclosed the preliminary aspects for the story.

It is to be set at Tokyo, 1948 during USA occupation of Japan and takes place at an American Army camp. When asked if the story will move forward to the present-day, Yu vehemently denied so replying that he's looking for the film to be visually effective to the audience, and what better way to than set it at a post-WWII Japan scenario; cities laying in ruins and debris, covered with corpses, and death looming everywhere.

Yu also replied that shooting will start either on October or November at both Tokyo and Melbourne.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:03   Link #7
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This even pre-dates Blood: The Last Vampire. So, this is a prequel? This franchise keeps getting bigger and Blood+ isn't released to R1 DVD yet.

Well, at least whoever has this movie didn't take the license for the anime also like what happened to Battle Angel.
Old 2006-09-15, 00:13   Link #8
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieris
Can anyone here recommend a good fansubber for blood+? the one im using atm are so damn lazy ^^ im waiting for 33 to be subbed

Now we can't do that. Besides whoever is doing it should be hoping that they don't become MPAA cannon fodder. This is licensed by Sony and is rumored to be under negotiations for cable TV in R1.
Old 2006-09-15, 08:40   Link #9
DaFool
Resident devil

So this whole property started with just one little 50-minute OVA?

Now manga, 52-ep anime series, live-action movie.

I wonder who in Production I.G. has the connections.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 15:55   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

According to the interview that Ronny Yu gave, both he and Bill Kong are financing the film by themselves. It is being produced independently without Hollywood backing; right now Ronny Yu is helping the visual effects supervisor hired to make the design of the Chiropterans.

Yu also said that what he's looking forward with the Blood live-action film is to reinvent the whole vampire genre of horror, deviating totally from what the West conventionally knows of vampiric lore.
Old 2006-11-04, 08:47   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Little bit of news, Production I.G have agreed to the movie. Likely release date is spring 2008.

Korean actress Ji-hyun Jun will play Saya. I guess they couldn't find a bankable enough Japanese actress for the lead role?

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-04 at 09:10.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 18:25   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[ Live Action ] Blood : The Last Vampire

Production I.G has announced that 'Blood the Last Vampire,' produced in 2000, will be made into a live action movie by company French Pathe. Production I.G has given it's consent. Pathe will spend approximately 20 million Euro (US$25 million) on the production. With shooting scheduled to start in January 2007, a worldwide theatrical release is expected in spring 2008.

The original movie won best animation at the 4th Japan Media Arts Festival and spawned a TV-series 'Blood+' produced from 2005 to 2006. Copyright holder Production I.G. gave it's consent for a live action production by French Pathe through American video distributor Manga Entertainment.

Pathe is the largest independent film studio in France, producing movies, distributing them and managing their movie licenses. The movie will be produced by Bill Kong (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Hero) and directed by Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason). Ji-hyun Jun (My Sassy Girl, Windstruck) will star as lead Saya. The international production aims for a world wide audience.

Ji-hyun Jun ( Saya )

Production I.G was not payed for the license, but will instead to receive royalties from all revenue created by the movie. Generally, when manga and anime are adapted into live-action movies outside of Japan, remake rights are usually sold for a flat fee, which in the case of a hit, bars the original copyright holder of further revenue.

If the movie is a hit, this will lead to a sharp increase in revenue through ticket and dvd sales. Since the movie's theatrical release is expected in spring 2008, impact on Production I.G's profits is likely to be seen 2009 or later.

Source ANN
Old 2006-11-05, 19:16   Link #13
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Ji-Hyun looks pretty. I wonder if Saya will have long or short hair. I'm not sure if this can be considered a prequel. If so, I'd like to see that in writing. I wonder if we'll see the villains from the animated series since those guys lived for centuries anyway and seemed to be or were close to influential people.
Old 2006-11-06, 18:51   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Another question of topic is will Haji also appear in the live-action film as well?
Old 2006-11-06, 19:55   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I guess no coz its Blood : The Last vampire not Blood+ . But cant say due to poular demand they may get him in the movie . If Haji is cast in the Movie who would they cast ?

I would go for Orlando Bloom
Old 2007-02-17, 16:49   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

News Update

Quote:
Live Action Blood The Last Vampire Filming Gets Underway Next Month

Korean Actress Ji-hyun Jun will begin work on the live action Hollywood adaptation of Production I.G.'s Blood: The Last Vampire around the middle of March. The production crew and cast will be heading to South American country, Argentina's capital Buenos Aires at that time. A U.S. military base there will serve as one of the sets. Currently, Ji-hyun Jun who will play the lead Saya is studying in the United States, working hard at learning English, kendo and military arts. She's scheduled to wrap her studies around the 25th and visit Korea again in a few weeks before joining the production team in South America.
Source. Anime News Service
Old 2007-02-17, 18:01   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I cant wait for the movie to be released hope it spawns a sequel and we get to see Blood+ Chracters
Old 2007-02-19, 21:13   Link #18
Sakuya
*Artist

Hey wait, this is Hollywood? I thought there was going to be a live action version produced in Hong Kong?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 02:41   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wonders who will be best suited to play Solomon if Blood+ was made into a live action . I cant picture any actor in my head
Old 2007-09-27, 09:36   Link #20
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.24framespersecond.net/

The first real promotional pic has appeared for the live action remake of the hit Anime, 'Blood: The Last Vampire.' It shows lead actress Chun Ji-hyun in character as the Vampire Saya, next to co-stars JJ Field and Liam Cunningham.
Hmm...hmm...er...hmm...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote