AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-06, 06:18   Link #1
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Full Moon Wo Sagashite

Hi... I'm kinda curious about the Full Moon Wo Sagashite manga. Is it already completed in Japan? And if it's still continuing, how many of them are out so far?

And err, is there a lot of difference between the anime and manga?

Help appreciated! Thanks!
Old 2003-11-06, 10:21   Link #2
bluemist
i am the mist

Don't know the exact number but I'm sure it's around 22+ chapters by now, with no sign of ending soon. I read some of the manga, and I watched all of the anime. Well, the main difference would be the pace. The entire anime covered only about 14 chapters it seems, and in comparison the story differs in details. Since I'm bored right now (hehe), I'll type a lenghty post. Sorry if my memory is wrong about the manga, in my opinion the manga story is not quite as memorable as the anime series.

BIG SPOILERS below, take caution

- Mitsuki's idol progress is different. In the anime she's very popular and has 3 singles, in the manga I think she had 2 singles, and was not quite popular yet.
- Eichi's death in the anime was due to a car accident in America, in the anime it was a plane crash. Mitsuki found it out (anime) in America, while she knew about it all along (manga) when she watched the news.
- Mitsuki in the manga seems... (sorry to say) dark and demented. She refuses to acknowledge Eichi's death and pretends that he is still alive, which gives her the 'wrong' drive to sing. Mitsuki in the anime has her down sides but she is the more positive one, because her dilemmas resolve quickly.
- Shinigami Izumi seems less evil in the manga than in the anime. Mitsuki's rival Madoka seems less vital in the manga, in the anime she was quite the nice person I like.
- Many characters were added in the anime, including Mitsuki's classmates (you don't see school too often in the manga), some fans (3 girl students, a little kid, a proxy-manager, etc. They are not just there for filler eps, they actually pop up around from time to time), and other singers/bands in the music industry.
- It also seems like the focus in the anime is more on Mitsuki's singing career, the Eichi dilemma, and also Mitsuki's apparent 1-year time limit, while in the manga it's more on the relationships of the characters (oof even Doctor Wakaouji loved Mitsuki lol).
Old 2003-11-06, 11:21   Link #3
felicityfish

Seems to me that the manga won't end soon...

I really want to know what will happen to mitsuki and takuto at the end of the manga...
Old 2003-11-06, 12:12   Link #4
1stStrike
Pro Leecher

Wow so people DO have an interest in it!

I only saw the anime, but maybe someday i'll watch the manga. The thing about manga's is..I always prefer to actaully watch something. It's kind of boring when you're just looking at still pictures in my opinion.
Old 2003-11-06, 18:44   Link #5
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I really like the manga. The anime is good too of course, gotta love Myco's singing. I hope maybe someone will pick this up for an american release. ^^; I want to read more and I like how the manga seems to have more of a dark overtone.
Old 2003-11-07, 00:42   Link #6
duenna
Kougaiji no Miko

Send a message via ICQ to duenna Send a message via AIM to duenna
so the manga has not ended in Japan yet? oO' i thought since the anime was finished the manga has finished... guess not, ne? now i really wanna read the rest of FMwS!! anyone know of anyone else besides TW who is scanlating it? ^^
Old 2003-11-07, 02:34   Link #7
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Thanks for your replies!

Hmm, so in the manga, how are Mitsuki and Takuto's relationship like? Any progress? Or are they just still friends? Ehehe, I'm quite a fan of Mitsuki and Takuto!

Then err, so where is the manga up to now? Like for example, their plot is up to Eichi's death sort of thingie...

And oh, btw, can anyone tell me what other works for anime and manga she has produced?

Thanks!
Old 2003-11-07, 05:12   Link #8
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Thanks for your replies!

Hmm, so in the manga, how are Mitsuki and Takuto's relationship like? Any progress? Or are they just still friends? Ehehe, I'm quite a fan of Mitsuki and Takuto!

Then err, so where is the manga up to now? Like for example, their plot is up to Eichi's death sort of thingie...

And oh, btw, can anyone tell me what other works for anime and manga she has produced?

Thanks!
If you meant the creator of the FMwS manga, her works that I remember were Time Stranger Kyoko and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, among others. All of her manga have similar styles of intricate and detailed drawing. Though I find it too detailed to the point that black and gray shades of manga seem to make it quite dirty to the eye, it's probably because I only see it in scanslations and picture files. Maybe the actual manga is pleasing to the eye.
Old 2003-11-07, 05:59   Link #9
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
If you meant the creator of the FMwS manga, her works that I remember were Time Stranger Kyoko and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, among others. All of her manga have similar styles of intricate and detailed drawing. Though I find it too detailed to the point that black and gray shades of manga seem to make it quite dirty to the eye, it's probably because I only see it in scanslations and picture files. Maybe the actual manga is pleasing to the eye.
Oh, I see... Actually, I have already heard of those. In fact, I'm downloading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne now...

I was just wondering if there were any other works beside this. Anyway, is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne a good anime?
Old 2003-11-07, 07:34   Link #10
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Quote:
- It also seems like the focus in the anime is more on Mitsuki's singing career, the Eichi dilemma, and also Mitsuki's apparent 1-year time limit, while in the manga it's more on the relationships of the characters (oof even Doctor Wakaouji loved Mitsuki lol).
I got the feeling that Dr. Wakaouji loved Mitsuki in the anime. although it wasn't explicitly stated. I really liked all of the characters in the anime, actually the only problem I had with the story was when I stopped to think about the incredible age differences between Mitsuki and the men/love interests in her life. The closest in age is Eichi, who is still 6 years older than her, then Takuto who is 12 years older and the Dr. who had to have been 18-20 years older (he was the same age as her father). Why would all these older men be interested, or rather, in love with a 12 year old girl? Somehow the story could have been written so she was older and the age thing would be less of an issue. If the manga focuses more on the relationships I think the age thing would bother me even more.
Old 2003-11-07, 08:10   Link #11
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Well age has never bothered me and I didn't even once think of the age differences.. Oh well, that's just me I guess. ^_^;
Old 2003-11-07, 08:40   Link #12
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
I got the feeling that Dr. Wakaouji loved Mitsuki in the anime. although it wasn't explicitly stated. I really liked all of the characters in the anime, actually the only problem I had with the story was when I stopped to think about the incredible age differences between Mitsuki and the men/love interests in her life. The closest in age is Eichi, who is still 6 years older than her, then Takuto who is 12 years older and the Dr. who had to have been 18-20 years older (he was the same age as her father). Why would all these older men be interested, or rather, in love with a 12 year old girl? Somehow the story could have been written so she was older and the age thing would be less of an issue. If the manga focuses more on the relationships I think the age thing would bother me even more.
Hmm, but I dun think that Wakaouji loves her cos at the end of the anime, it was stated that Wakaouji was in a relationship with Ooshige-san.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Takuto is only 16 years old when he died. Which means to say that he is only 4 years older than Mitsuki.
Old 2003-11-07, 09:28   Link #13
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Oh, I see... Actually, I have already heard of those. In fact, I'm downloading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne now...

I was just wondering if there were any other works beside this. Anyway, is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne a good anime?
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne anime is average for me. Hmm, I think I should stop comparing the anime and the manga, because for this series they are very different, but...

I have read 2 of the 7 volumes of the manga so far, and it's a good read. It's not as lonely as FMwS, but it also has it's up and down parts. The 44-episode anime takes the basic plot structure of the manga (The heroine steals works of art which have evil spirits in it) and made it into a filler-fest of 'monster of the week' or something to that effect. Near the latter half of the series there is a nice plot which they derived from the manga, which basically puts a closure to who are the real good and bad guys.
Old 2003-11-07, 09:44   Link #14
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Hmm, but I dun think that Wakaouji loves her cos at the end of the anime, it was stated that Wakaouji was in a relationship with Ooshige-san.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Takuto is only 16 years old when he died. Which means to say that he is only 4 years older than Mitsuki.
In the anime, I think Wakaouji loves Mitsuki the way a father does his daughter. He promises to Mitsuki's parents that he would look out for her. It's very endearing as he even sacrificed some of his doctor work to help fulfill her dream of being a singer.

About the older men being infatuated with Mitsuki, it may be possibly due to her 16-year old self. In my opinion, a girl having a 12-year old heart and mind on a 16-year old body is particularly cute! And with Mitsuki's attitude (not her dark attitude take note) she is very adorable.
Old 2003-11-07, 11:19   Link #15
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
In the anime, I think Wakaouji loves Mitsuki the way a father does his daughter. He promises to Mitsuki's parents that he would look out for her. It's very endearing as he even sacrificed some of his doctor work to help fulfill her dream of being a singer.

About the older men being infatuated with Mitsuki, it may be possibly due to her 16-year old self. In my opinion, a girl having a 12-year old heart and mind on a 16-year old body is particularly cute! And with Mitsuki's attitude (not her dark attitude take note) she is very adorable.
Yeah, I agree. Sometimes, I feel as if Wakaouji is like Mitsuki's father too.

Yup, in the first place, I find that Mitsuki is quite mature for her age. You see, in the anime, she hardly cries. In fact, you dun see her crying about her going to die soon. The only times when she cried is for Eichi or Takuto.
Old 2003-11-07, 15:54   Link #16
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

In the manga Wkaouji is also like a father to Mitsuki, and he has a developing relationship with Mitsuki's manager. I have read through chapter 20 (beginning of volume 5) and there are almost too many changes to note. The backgrounds of the Shinigami are covered alot more thoroughly in the manga, which makes their reasons for helping Mitsuki even more poignant.

Spoilers about Eichi:
Spoiler:

Spoilers about Takuto and Mitsuki:
Spoiler:

For lighter reading by Tanemura Arina you can try ION, it is a short series, but pretty light-hearted. To find out who has scanlated what chapters of these series see http://www.manganews.net

Last edited by Zoya; 2003-11-08 at 02:13.
Old 2003-11-07, 23:18   Link #17
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya
In the manga Wkaouji is also like a father to Mitsuki, and he has a developing relationship with Mitsuki's manager. I have read through chapter 20 (beginning of volume 5) and there are almost too many changes to note. The backgrounds of the Shinigami are covered alot more thoroughly in the manga, which makes their reasons for helping Mitsuki even more poignant.

Spoilers about Eichi:
Spoiler:

Spoilers about Takuto and Mitsuki:
Spoiler:

For lighter reading by Tanemura Arina you can try ION, it is a short series, but pretty light-hearted. To find out who has scanlated what chapters of these series see http://www.mangajouhou.com
Wow, thanks!

Hmm, how many volumes are currently out now? And btw, the url is down... Or do you know any other websites that scanlates these chapters?
Old 2003-11-08, 02:13   Link #18
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Wow, thanks!

Hmm, how many volumes are currently out now? And btw, the url is down... Or do you know any other websites that scanlates these chapters?
Sorry, I totally wrote the wrong URL! It's http://www.manganews.net Eep! Not sure how many volumes are out, maybe 4. I think the chapters I have read recently were from the magazine.
Old 2003-11-08, 02:19   Link #19
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya
Sorry, I totally wrote the wrong URL! It's http://www.manganews.net Eep! Not sure how many volumes are out, maybe 4. I think the chapters I have read recently were from the magazine.
Hmm, so what is the magazine called? Can you tell me more about it?
Old 2003-11-08, 14:17   Link #20
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Hmm, so what is the magazine called? Can you tell me more about it?

I believe it is published in Ribon, a monthly collection of shoujo manga. I'm not sure what other stories are currently running, except for Ultra Maniac (though it is ending soon.)

Zoya
Closed Thread