AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 64 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 29.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-15, 08:44   Link #101
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
I'm leaning heavily in the "Moengel's skill bugged out" theory, considering the 0s and 1s and that it makes a duplicate. Maybe she pulled a Kami and split her evil half off.
So kanade = Majin Buu now?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:09   Link #102
Velsy

I really confused with that ending.

I mean, there was two of them ? wtf

I knew a new enemy had to approach them. But no, I didnt expect that.

oh and I liked how the SSS was serving the regulars left over fish. Thats what I like about the SSS, even tho they are rebels, They do nice things for the regular students and look after them (as playing concerts for them). They try not to get them involved in crossfire.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-15, 09:10   Link #103
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So kanade = Majin Buu now?
GS - Chocolate !
Old 2010-05-15, 09:15   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wait a minute. Did i hear TK speak japanese?

And you know, Tenshi reminds me of Yin. Maybe Tenshi is dead Yin from Darker than Black...
Old 2010-05-15, 09:19   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Tenshi reminds me of Yin.
Yeah Kanade would fit in nicely as a doll.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:29   Link #106
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well anyway, I though this episode was okay. There were some good things but there were some weird things well. I think it's mostly because of the pacing aswell. It's just going way too fast.
Old 2010-05-15, 09:37   Link #107
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

unexpected development from Keys

this episode is awesome!
Old 2010-05-15, 10:19   Link #108
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
GS - Chocolate !
Chocolate flowers, choco snow bunnies (from Kanon), Chocolate Mapo TOFU!!!!

Also, someone from the Tenshi thread brought up an interesting idea, maybe the "evil" Tenshi was made by Yuri from her image of a Vengeful God/Angel (YUri's intended image for Kanade)

Because remember that Yuri hacked into Kanade's computer once, it could be possible she could have messed up the Harmonics while doing so.

But it would be EPIC if next ep has: Tenshi (Please change hair style PLEEAASSE. ) vs. Kanade. Dual blade style.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-15, 10:27   Link #109
Kagura89

Minus Otonashi/Yuzuru flashback & KanadexYuzuru moment,this episode is silly & out of place to me.I can't believe they let Naoi join them despite he almost slaughtering them & yet still afraid to Tachibana...what the hell.Well i don't like him anyway.
Some subtle homo moment between Otonash&Naoi i see.

Poor Hinata being hypnosis by Naoi
LOL the SSS became a charity club or what,serving the whole NPC students with that gigantic fish.

Well at least TK line is cool & funny in this ep (chop chop chop chop xD)
It's just me that Yui seems so passionate to Hinata lately
Old 2010-05-15, 10:34   Link #110
velocity7

Oh Otonashi, you and your Monster Hunter...
Old 2010-05-15, 10:36   Link #111
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Regarding Naoi in this episode, it's pretty much explained with how much he admires Otanoshi after the events that taken place at the end of last weeks episode, and that he wants to work alongside him.
And therein lies the problem. This admiration of Otonashi ALSO came out of left field. We can deduce it after-the-fact that it came from Otonashi 'healing' him, but that doesn't change the fact that there have been no clues (explicit, implicit, symbolic, or otherwise) beforehand to suggest anything of this sort.

I mean, Naoki's admiration isn't unbelievable by itself. The problem lies in the big leap the viewer has to make of Naoki's mindset from the previous episode to his current one. Which, really, is the textbook definition of being 'told' rather than 'shown'.

And with that, it becomes really apparent that Naoki was merely just used as a plot device to get Otonashi's memories back. Nothing wrong with that per se, but at least they could've tried a little bit harder to hide that, like other good writers do.

Quote:
It's different with Kanade, because we know the history between her and everyone goes back quite a bit, after so many battles the two have had.
Again, they already asked for her help in the previous episode, despite their long running history. It's a much smaller leap in going from being hated enemies --> asking help --> being part of the gang than it is going from being hated enemies --> being part of the gang.

The only explanation I can think of why they did this is because the yaoi jokes won't be nearly as funny otherwise, but I'd take a hit on the comedy side in order to make the story flow better anyday of the week.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-05-15, 10:40   Link #112
Ryalynn

sigh, I thought AB would turn out to be an awesome anime but these two latest eps were really superficial. Was Naoi's only point to be plot device for Otonashi's memories (and a really weak tearjerker in ep6)? Now they come up a rogue Tenshi, that serves absolutely no purpose because noone can even be killed and they already had the "madman kills all" theme last ep. Right now I'm really disappointed.
Old 2010-05-15, 11:07   Link #113
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

I knew Naoi would be all buddy-buddy with everyone this episode after the last one.

Key AIDS!

Yui is back with her baka/a-hou desu ne's.

Chop chop chop

Now with like everyone being friends and all and Otonashi getting his memories back. I wonder what underlying goal of the whole story is now. Hopefully it's not like some evil corporation mass producing tenshi's.
Old 2010-05-15, 11:08   Link #114
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wait a minute. Did i hear TK speak japanese?
He spoke Japanese back in the guild episode too. Though it seems when he does, he's just quoting from Japanese songs (B'z in the Guild episode, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OST track in this one).
Old 2010-05-15, 11:23   Link #115
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

Angel's evil twin has arrived.

Besides that, I didn't expect Otonashi's history to be unveiled this soon. Maybe Angel 2 has the ability to permanently kill the undead.
Old 2010-05-15, 12:18   Link #116
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

there was that one skill they found when they were invading Tenshi's room that showed her splitting into two. its probably just that.

anywho, i'm getting a definite Xenosaga KOS-MOS vs TELOS vibe here.. and we all know how that ends...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-15, 12:23   Link #117
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i think we will get TK's story next judging on the title of the next ep
Old 2010-05-15, 12:29   Link #118
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone thinks that Yuri created Tenshi's clone with the information she got from Kanede? Well while it's possible since we saw how fast they went from immortal -> create guns out of mud -> create Hand Sonic out of computer programs-> create hypnotism out of desire. But creating a clone probably would push things too far, right? Even if she can, then for what? So the SSS would have something to fight on and won't disappear?

Another theory (other than the Tenshi's splitting) is: Tenshi failed her job and now God send a new Tenshi down to get things into order

Anyway, i guess after this chapter, we can officially cross out the "Yuri put Kanede up to be an enemy so she can slash her revenge desire on" theory. So far Yuri has showed quite strong tolerance by accepting both Kande and Naoi (she did with some SSS members in the past also). No wonder she got the leader position

PS: is that how ninja normally do the fishing?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-15 at 20:38. Reason: fixed
Old 2010-05-15, 12:59   Link #119
Fealty227

The anime script of JunMaeda is not smart.
He should just write game script.
As this animation,it is so stupid for me.
Old 2010-05-15, 13:02   Link #120
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyone thinks that Yuri created Tenshi's clone with the information she got from Kanede? Well while it's possible since we saw how fast they went from immortal -> create guns out of mud -> create Hand Sonic out of computer programs-> create hypnotism out of desire. But creating a clone probably would push things too far, right? Even if she can, then for what? So the SSS would have something to fight on and won't disappear?
That's the first thing that came to mind, probably due to the similarities with Haruhi. I thought that since Yurippe didn't have anyone to fight, her subconscious created another tenshi. But if Yurippe turns out to be god and creates all this stuff from her subconscious for her own sick amusement I'm going to barf. I love Yurippe's character, but if they turn Angel Beats into The Bullshit Of Haruhi Suzumiya...
Closed Thread