AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 11:51   Link #4121
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yep, somethink like that. Kaijo worded the idea better than me xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Never mind how the same part can have wildly different forms--Raising Heart and Bardiche both had the exact same Cartridge System part installed, yet Raising Heart's takes the form of an automatic-type reloader, and Bardiche's takes the form of a revolver-type reloader.
They're customized devices, even is the load mechanism is different the size of the cartridges is the same xD

You can customize guns in real life too xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-21, 11:56   Link #4122
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
I prefer to think of Devices as software rather than hardware. Just like magic itself in the Nanohaverse, the physical parts are just extensions of their algorithms.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:59   Link #4123
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I prefer to think of Devices as software rather than hardware. Just like magic itself in the Nanohaverse, the physical parts are just extensions of their algorithms.
I guess that's the blessing of ambiguous information, one can think what they prefer the most xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-22, 04:31   Link #4124
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yet devices still need maintenance and can't alter mass at will as freely as you mention it. They just switch between stablished forms adapted trough engineery (unlike, say, Sakura's Magical Wand who adapt new unprecedented forms by the power of her growing will and magic).
Yet in S1, that is exactly what Nanoha does. Additionally, Barrier Jackets also work like that.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:15   Link #4125
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yet in S1, that is exactly what Nanoha does. Additionally, Barrier Jackets also work like that.

Didn't Hayate do something similar in A's when she thought up her armor and staff?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:11   Link #4126
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Barrier Jackets aren't the same as devices but i you have a point in Raising Heart being like that in Season 1. But the canon was undefined by the time and i was left wondering when we're going to see that scene of Nanoha in some ancient ruins that appears in the opening xDU Seems they had something a bit more "mystical" in mind at the time xDU

In A's it was proved Schwertkreuz isn't an ordinary device and more of an extension of The Tome of the Night Sky. Proven by the device dissapearing shortly after Reinforce and Mariel's team failing time after time to replicate it's true awesomeness, the best they came up with was a somewhat faithful imitation (but still nowhere as powerfull) which is the device Hayate currently uses.

If anything i could had believed the "devices are made of solidified mana" in the past but you can blame StrikerS for bringing actual physics in the Nanohaverse. After seeing "meisters" at work and the following process of revision, upgrading, etc.. of devices y refuse to believe they're made of "imaginary solidified energy". If that were the case Nanoha would be Green Lanter and Raising Heart should be able to take whatever form she needs at a time xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-22, 11:50   Link #4127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

In short, lest we drift even further into the realm of speculation, "we don't know."
Old 2012-07-22, 11:51   Link #4128
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
In short, lest we drift even further into the realm of speculation, "we don't know."
Big Macintosh: Eeyup!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-23, 00:03   Link #4129
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Never mind how the same part can have wildly different forms--Raising Heart and Bardiche both had the exact same Cartridge System part installed, yet Raising Heart's takes the form of an automatic-type reloader, and Bardiche's takes the form of a revolver-type reloader.
They requested part that allow them to use cartridges, while revolver or automatic reloader are what allow them to store cartridges - which is in fact totally different part (and probably can be created from pseudomatter or easily created by device technician).

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2012-07-23, 00:47   Link #4130
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Proof? Because the only thing they added to the two Devices was that specific part--they remarked about how they were already completely repaired before that but were still putting out the error message so they could get the part needed. So as far as we know, the CVK-792 part is the ENTIRE Cartridge System, loader and all.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:03   Link #4131
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
There were actually two CVK-792 module types: the CVK792-A and the CVK792-R. Nanoha has one, Fate has the other...
Old 2012-07-28, 07:17   Link #4132
Sunder the Gold

Question for moonspeakers:

"Clan / Tribe" -- whatever word is used for Yuuno Scrya's extended family, does it have connotations of "extended family" or "self-contained culture"?

Basically, are we looking at a self-perpetuating people-group like the Lu Rushe tribe, isolated and alone on their planet, or are we looking at a few nuclear families nomadically traveling from dig-site to dig-site under the leadership of a charismatic grandparent?

@On current topic:

But did Nanoha decide that Raising Heart would be a staff, or was it always going to be a staff and she merely got to choose what it looked like? And didn't Yuuno call it a staff, as well?

Conversely, a barrier jacket is just a spell -- a running program, not a piece of hardware. And yes, the Cartridge Ignition system comes in two models: (R)evolver and (A)utomatic.
Old 2012-08-27, 09:21   Link #4133
Arkeus

Ok, anyone remembers the link to the Nanoha-cards or other ways that we can easily find the ranks of the characters?

I remember finding quite a few sources with the Lieze twins as S- rank, but i can't exactly remember *where*.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:21   Link #4134
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Ok, anyone remembers the link to the Nanoha-cards or other ways that we can easily find the ranks of the characters?

I remember finding quite a few sources with the Lieze twins as S- rank, but i can't exactly remember *where*.
Familiars don't have mage ranks unless they are Zafira... The "S- rank" may refer to the threat estimate of the Masked Men, though.
Old 2012-08-29, 20:55   Link #4135
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering Aria Lieze tanked Nanoha's brand new Divine Buster Extension with ONE HAND i think is safe to assume those two are very powerfull ...the S-rank could be their collective power togheter xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-08-30, 07:53   Link #4136
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
@On current topic:

But did Nanoha decide that Raising Heart would be a staff, or was it always going to be a staff and she merely got to choose what it looked like? And didn't Yuuno call it a staff, as well?

Conversely, a barrier jacket is just a spell -- a running program, not a piece of hardware. And yes, the Cartridge Ignition system comes in two models: (R)evolver and (A)utomatic.
Actually, Yuuno said "imagine a magic wand that will help you focus your magic powers, and a suit of armor to protect you."

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-10-06, 07:15   Link #4137
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

When a magic symbol is summoned by the caster, is there a constant direction which it turns? (Eg. Always clockwise.)

Or is it based on handedness? (Eg. Clockwise for people who are right-handed (most of them), counter-clockwise for people who are left-handed (Nanoha is the only one I can think of right now) and a random direction for ambidextrous people (Teana is the only one I can think of right now).)

Perhaps it has to do with the magic style? (Eg. Clockwise for Midchildan users, counter-clockwise for Belkan usersand a random direction for other types (combat cyborg template, etcetera etcetera).)

Maybe it's just completely random?
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Old 2012-10-06, 10:59   Link #4138
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
people who are left-handed (Nanoha is the only one I can think of right now) and a random direction for ambidextrous people (Teana is the only one I can think of right now).)
I cannot answer your question, but I can say that two characters are canonically left-handed, Nanoha and Alicia, and only one, Teana, is specifically stated to be ambidextrous. However, there may be other candidates for ambidexterity (Tre, Sette, Deed).
Old 2012-11-04, 18:26   Link #4139
Romanticide

Is there any proof from Tsuzuki that NanoFate is canon? I heard he did an interview somewhere....
Old 2012-11-04, 19:06   Link #4140
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, there's been no confirmation about the legitimacy of the pairing in the canon.