AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 28 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 19.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-04, 19:02   Link #61
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
I'm glad to see that
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-04, 20:12   Link #62
Icerack

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-06-04, 20:31   Link #63
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-04, 21:31   Link #64
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

At the End of a Promise

A beautiful closure for the Mayuko-Takeshi arc. Although they will be paying a major influence for the rest of the story, I do not think that they'll be making any further contributions for the major issue.

Spoiler:

We have a little bit more of information regarding about Yaka.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-04, 21:34   Link #65
Advent
Cloud

Mayuko looks older in the past than she is in the yaka form. IMO
Old 2007-06-04, 22:18   Link #66
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
This post presented in Bullet Point Mode:

- The slight continuity loss from the last episode jarred me, as well.

- I'm really kind of offended that the writers expect us to see Aono's inability to kill Matsuri at the final moment as making up for her willingness to kill Matsuri with all her previous attacks. I could understand if they expected us to forgive Aono because of her repentance (which I hope we'll see, but it'll have to be shown over time), but just because she can't do the deed when she's staring at a woman willing to die doesn't make her any more moral. Grr.

- I loved both halves of this episode, but I think they both deserved an entire episode unto themselves.

- The insert song, while beautiful and matching to the scenes, was somewhat jarring, because we've heard it before and it came on a bit suddenly.

- I think a wonderful job was done of revealing answers in a satisfying way while still leaving some mysteries. We get answers about Mayuko's death/resurrection and her relationship with Takeshi, but the who/why/how isn't answered... yet it's also less relevant. Surrounded by their story and the motivation of Takeshi's yaka hunting, it doesn't really matter as much what Mayuko's origins were. Before, we wanted the answer badly because only her death was presented. If we'd instead seen the promise instead of the death, and then later got the backstory of her death, we wouldn't care as much, I'd bet.

- So... How did Takeshi learn all this about yakas? How did he get on Matsuri's trail? How did he get the sword? HOW DID HE GET HIS APPARENT SUPERPOWERS that allow him to leap/climb towers in an instant?! We shall see.

- It appears that this is the end of the second act. A lot of this is being cleared up surprisingly early, I think. While there are still some points to clear up, if it took the rest of the series just to tie up these points, I think it would be far too overly dramatic. No, there's still the issue of How to Cure a Yaka. After discovering Takeshi's purpose, though, I fear that some one is going to have to die a tragic death in the end.

- This series won me over with its gentle telling and it depictions of soothing, charming character interactions in their day-to-day lives. Well... it doesn't seem like we'll get to see that any time before the end, although I'd love to be proven wrong. Dad gum it. One thing I enjoyed about Air and Kanon (I draw the comparison not because of the writer co-writing Kanon, but because they're all series with charming character interactions that erupt into epic tragedy) is that even during the bittersweet drama, we got to return to the peaceful home life frequently. It started out that way in sola (which inspired me to rewatch episodes--something I can't do with these recent ones), but we're far beyond that now, it seems. Prove me wrong, sola! Prove me wrong!
Old 2007-06-04, 23:05   Link #67
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-04, 23:12   Link #68
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep. poor Aono. She can get Yorito's hands dirty but she can't dirty her own hands. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-04, 23:19   Link #69
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
This is not only plausible, but also quite likely. The time frame is just too convenient, considering Yorito's age.

However, what makes me doubt this possibility is Matsuri's reaction. Matsuri had already made her promise to Aono and didn't seem phased by meeting Yorito. In other words, this is something that's happened before, and Matsuri doesn't seem to appalled by it occurring. If Matsuri had to make the connection "Aono must be killing people to bring back zombie-Yorito", I doubt she'd be as passive as she is. The question of what happened three months ago also stands.

Once again, we're left wondering what in the world Yorito is.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:28   Link #70
Skane
Anime Snark

Man, people seem Hell-bent on making Aono a murderess. Until shown as such, I am going to take the path of "innocent till proven guilty" in the case of Aono. None of her behaviour so far indicates that she is capable of cold-blooded murder just for her own selfish desires. None.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:44   Link #71
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Man, people seem Hell-bent on making Aono a murderess. Until shown as such, I am going to take the path of "innocent till proven guilty" in the case of Aono. None of her behaviour so far indicates that she is capable of cold-blooded murder just for her own selfish desires. None.

Cheers.
Except for the whole "trying to murder Matsuri" thing.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:58   Link #72
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Except for the whole "trying to murder Matsuri" thing.
Which she stopped. If she can stop herself from killing Matsuri (whom she perceives to be a threat), why would she murder an innocent? If anything, her behaviour towards Matsuri in this episode SUPPORTS the idea that she is NOT the murdering type.

Trying to murder and ACTUALLY murdering are two entirely different things.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-05, 01:29   Link #73
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 09
Spoiler:

Great episode. Series has just become one of my favorites this season.
Oh, on a side note, Sae is on my list for delicious meganekko.
Old 2007-06-05, 02:39   Link #74
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Yorito is an idiot.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-06-05, 02:44   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Yorito is an idiot.
I have to agree ~ considering his age, he has the mind set of a 2yearold.
This has especially been concreted for me considering Takeshi's actions ~
Old 2007-06-05, 02:50   Link #76
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
A sky nut doesn't make him an idiot nor immature. When his mind hasn't be messed with, he's shown smart and mature judgement. His obvious flaw is that he's an airhead...literally. That doesn't make him dumb. It just means he's out in another world.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:00   Link #77
Icerack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
Then who would Matsuri sacrifice to revive Aono? Unless Matsuri does not need sacrifice to revive others. And if Mayuko was the sacrifice, then what happened to the rest of her family? Was it really just a random attack or were they targeted? From the way things are looking, Mayuko doesn't care about being human anymore.. so if she does get to become human, it'd probably be the end of the series where they find the cure for Yaka.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:01   Link #78
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Of course, with a bunch of things being revealed at him is bound to make him crazy in a way or another. Even a normal human suffers from that.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:15   Link #79
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Then who would Matsuri sacrifice to revive Aono? Unless Matsuri does not need sacrifice to revive others.
He was suggesting Aono sacrificed Mayuko to bring back Yorito as a human.
Matsuri turned Aono into a yaka ~ I don't think that's exactly reviving.
Old 2007-06-05, 05:42   Link #80
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
quick question:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread