AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 26 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 24.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-09, 19:25   Link #141
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Irisveil's driving skills are better than 90% of the people i have to share the road with everyday in my Evo and Gilgamesh can hold a conversation without insulating someone. what universe have i entered
Old 2011-11-09, 20:28   Link #142
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Seriously hope that incompetent Carlo Santos didn't ruin F/Z's chances in the US with his joke of a review.
I think no one really takes ANN reviews seriously. I think I read their reviews for mere curiousity and kill some time. As for me I don't take anyone's opinion serious, I found out my taste's much too different.

I find it funny out of the casts, I found Kotomine Interesting out of all the casts because everything's pretty mystery about him. For every casts, they are easy to observe by first impressions because they show their characteristics early on. I for one liked the conversation at the last minute of the episodes.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 05:23   Link #143
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Enjoyed the episode, though not as much as the previous episodes. But it's probably because Kiritsugu/Kotomine are... drastically different from myself, making them hard to relate to, whereas, while a bit over the top, Rider is more... human? But still an enjoyable episode, don't think I had any major issues with it. Unlike others, quite glad at the censorship, I'd have to skip it for sure, Caster scenes were bad enough reading.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 07:16   Link #144
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I haven't read it personally, but I have heard that Fate/Zero novels doesn't have too many actions compared to the constant walls of seemingly boring dialogues and monologues, so if this episode is boring, perhaps one might be better off to consider dropping the show or wait until it's finished and watch it in one go (because most likely there will be more episodes like this one).

Though I'm curious. Kirei's character can be described as "hollow", but can it be called "shallow"? We hear critics every time about "shallow" characters, which could be described as having too simple of a personality. Kirei supposedly doesn't have any personality that stands out, but this was done deliberately as opposed to bad writing. Shouldn't this make him even less appealing than those "shallow" characters? Strangely, I find myself interested and made me more curious about him instead.
Old 2011-11-10, 20:14   Link #145
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Thanks Endless Twilight, you always have the most interesting perspectives to add to anything Type Moon related. I completely missed out on what Kotomine meant when he was referring to Kiritsugu finding "the answer", and your explanation gave me a lot more appreciation for that scene between Kotomine and Gil in general.

I really enjoyed this episode just as much as the rest, I was getting a little bit tired of Ishkander's shenanigans kind of breaking the setting a little bit, so this was a nice change of pace. One thing bugs me a lot though and I noticed nobody in this thread has mentioned it.

Why is Gilgamesh so interensted in Kotomine? For a character who treats mankind as mongrels who don't even deserve to stand on the same footing as him, he even went so far as to pour a drink for Kotomine? That's... Slave work, right there.

Up until now Kotomine hasn't really done anything to warrant Gilgamesh's respect - no amazing schemes or shows of power. In fact, he's a slave to Tohsaka. Wouldn't Gilgamesh find that kind of subserviance pathetic, as it's something he's so used to receiving by average mortal men?
Old 2011-11-10, 20:38   Link #146
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hollow person = Person who can become anything = Person who you can transform into anything = OMG NEW TOY!!
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 01:07   Link #147
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Gilgamesh seems to like Kotomine for being atleast a little more lively then Tōsaka. Who appears to just be a servant already submitting to him in his eyes. You know Gilgamesh likes to tame his new pets.
Old 2011-11-11, 05:24   Link #148
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Why is Gilgamesh so interensted in Kotomine? For a character who treats mankind as mongrels who don't even deserve to stand on the same footing as him, he even went so far as to pour a drink for Kotomine? That's... Slave work, right there.

Up until now Kotomine hasn't really done anything to warrant Gilgamesh's respect - no amazing schemes or shows of power. In fact, he's a slave to Tohsaka. Wouldn't Gilgamesh find that kind of subserviance pathetic, as it's something he's so used to receiving by average mortal men?
I think taking Gilgamesh pouring a drink for Kotomine as slave work might be reading too much into it. I went to check that scene in the light novel after watching the episode and IIRC such an action wasn't even described, so it was probably just something the animators added in order to visually spice up a long and otherwise motionless conversation sequence. And it could even be taken as a visual metaphor to illustrate how Gil might be tempting Kotomine into corruption, like the snake with the apple.

Regarding the reason for his particular interest, it's probably what the previous posters said. Kotomine hasn't yet realised "the shape of his soul", so Gil's probably thinking of shaping it according to his own tastes, hence the proposal for Kotomine to join him in his entertainment. Moreover, Tokiomi, despite supposedly being the Master, is very subservient towards Gil, even going as far as constantly lowering his head when talking to him, so Gil would probably rather spend time and associate with someone who can actually stand up to him a little, such as Kotomine, who doesn't really restrain himself around him, even scoffing at his advice in this episode with "A mere Servant is trying to lecture to me?" Like Hooves said, pets that needn't be tamed are boring.

Then there's the fact Gil has no interest in Tokiomi's plan for the Holy Grail, and since neither does Kotomine, Gil's probably thinking that whatever Kotomine might do with it is likely to be more interesting than the "pointless-sounding" goal of reaching the Root. And of course, by becoming "buddy-buddy" with Kotomine, Gil can get him to utilize his army of Assassins for his own means, such as learning about the remaining Masters, who might also prove to be interesting and entertaining. So yeah, there's a decent of amount of reasons for Gil's interest in Kotomine, plus it's not like he has many other options to observe and interact with in that church. He finds Tokiomi boring, and I doubt his opinion of Risei or any of the endless Assassins is any different.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:58   Link #149
Velsy

Just got back from my holiday, so I might leave a late comment ^_^

Caster mistaking Saber as Joan de Arc is pretty amusing. Infact when I first watched Fate Stay Night, my friend wanted me to figure out Sabers Identity before it was revealed. Joan de Arc was my first initial guess/prediction. However I then remembered the fact Joan was a poor fighter, so I ruled her out. So I guess seeing caster so delusional over saber is pretty entertaining. I dont really want to see a Caster vs Saber confrontation at the moment, so I was happy caster retreated.

Irisviel's driving was the highlight of this episode, sooo crazy! O_o . Kiritsugu blowing up the build was pretty ---> O_o also ......Maybe a little over the top, but I guess it got the job done ? Could very well be the first master death, but have to wait until its confirmed I guess.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:54   Link #150
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post

Regarding the reason for his particular interest, it's probably what the previous posters said. Kotomine hasn't yet realised "the shape of his soul", so Gil's probably thinking of shaping it according to his own tastes, hence the proposal for Kotomine to join him in his entertainment.
I don't think Gil really wants to shape Kotomine to his own tastes. Kotomine "not yet realized the shape of his soul", for me, is more like "not accept the shape of his soul" more. That's why he immediately draw a conclusion that to experience means to commit a sin.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:59   Link #151
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I though Gil meant he wanted Kotomine to awaken his Origin.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 00:37   Link #152
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Kiritsugu blowing up the build was pretty ---> O_o also ......Maybe a little over the top, but I guess it got the job done ? Could very well be the first master death, but have to wait until its confirmed I guess.
Impenetrable fortress? *implodes hotel* Ha! What fortress?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 23:07   Link #153
LawfulNuetral
Probatio Diabolica

Looks like i'm not the only one who wanted uncensored caster scenes. Kinda ruins the impact when all you see is a pillar and hear a few screams/muffled noises. Good episode though 8/10
LawfulNuetral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 00:52   Link #154
iBeast

Gilgamesh stick with the spike hair.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:49   Link #155
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Gilgamesh stick with the spike hair.
Well, that's what that gold necklace is for...
Spoiler:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 11:52   Link #156
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawfulNuetral View Post
Looks like i'm not the only one who wanted uncensored caster scenes. Kinda ruins the impact when all you see is a pillar and hear a few screams/muffled noises. Good episode though 8/10
you will get the uncensored ver on the blue ray. the novel's depiction would never have gotten through censors, not in japan not anywhere.
Old 2011-11-13, 22:15   Link #157
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
And the censor version is the only way I can see myself watching it. I'd rather not have to skip parts of the anime because I'll be immensely ill otherwise.

Disagree with you Beast on Gil, think he looks way better with his hair flat and in more lounging clothes.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 22:25   Link #158
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sixth War: Night of Stratagems

I feel this is the episode that draws the demarcation point for Kirei Kotomine.

To me the conversation that Archer stirred up to him clearly implied, that the King of Heroes was offering Kirei to take a bite from the forbidden apple.

I'm using forbidden in the context of that which Kotomine sees of no meaning or shape to him. But the offer to spy on the other Masters' motivations might likely or not corrupt Kirei, because I find it too tempting.

On the other hand, I can see the strenous relationship between Archibald and Lancer. I have to say this, but being a Servant chosen in the Holy Grail War is a matter of pure luck because relationships like those of Tokiomi-Archer and Archibald-Lancer clearly show from time and time again that there's no connection of interests where both parties can work from to cooperate actively with each other; I do not forget that most masters tend to view and use their Servants as mere tools, provided that Masters do not go stray from the rules.
Interesting to observe was Kayneth's assistant, Sola-Ui, whom I can see taking a geniune interest to Lancer, though not as a Servant. And she was bold but composed to call on Kayneths' failure to realize that the aftermath of the duel against Saber scored an advantage for the time being which they can exploit against Saber.

Last but not least, is Ryuunosuke. Although I do find Caster a bit of detestable, though the magnitude of his obsession-mania is firing up his murderous rampage by the minute, Ryuunosuke's plain as sick or even surpassing Caster in terms of depraved murder and sickness.
I hold no empathy for that Master, maybe except for Caster who confused Saber with his love, and the historical Jeanne D'Arc, because I admit in his time onscreen in this episode he was comical but still pathetic.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 04:42   Link #159
AP24

I found it funny that Caster had mistaken Saber as Jeanne D'Arc because Saber's seiyuu, Ayako Kawasumi, voiced a character named Jeanne D'Arc 30th in Hidan no Aria. When I first saw this character she reminded me of Saber and then later I found out she had the same seiyuu.

AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote