Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-16, 16:30   Link #1
NeoSam

Kamisama Kazoku

神様家族

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kamisama/

Its based on a novel thats published under the seinen(young men's) label MF Bunko J.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this seinen novel, here are the covers:

Seinen light novel
Published under the label MF Bunko J

A manga based on the novel is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic FLAPPER.
For now there are 2 volume released of this manga:
Here are the covers:

Seinen manga
Serialized in: Comic FLAPPER

From AnimeNfo:

Quote:
Kamiyama Samataro, a second grader of high school, is the eldest son of God family. He is living with his father who is God, the mother who is a goddess, his sisters who are candidates for goddesses, and a help, Tenko, who is his childhood friend and an angel. They are living in a house built 25 years ago in Setagaya. The reason why they live in the human world is because they make Samataro study human world in order to become God.
However, his parents make miracles without intention and everything goes as he wants. Therefore, he becomes languid and dull, and he is always scolded by Tenko.
One day, he encounters a mysterious transfer student, Kumiko, and falls in love with her. He makes up his mind to make her his girl friend by himself.
Kamisama Kazoku is a seinen novel/manga/anime.

MF Bunko J = Media Factory Bunko J (anything published under this label is aimed at young men).

Genre: Seinen, Fantasy, Comedy

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-11 at 20:39.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 13:06   Link #2
NeoSam

Volume 8 of the seinen novel will be released in April 2006.

The first volume of the seinen manga thats based on the novel will be out on 23/5/2006.

I'll post the cover of both the 8th volume of the novel and the first volume of the manga once they are available.

And Yay also a game

Kamisama Kazoku PS2 game:
http://www.dorasu.com/pc/game/playstation2/kamisama/
Old 2006-03-27, 13:22   Link #3
DaFool
Resident devil

Is the PS2 game a dating sim?

*nosebleeds from Dual Absolute Territories[TM]
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 13:33   Link #4
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this or not, because I usually avoid romance unless it's a love triangle or harem (Though they're not REALLY well done most of the time, the whole "which one will he choose" aspect is cool).

For some reason, I have a feeling the main lead in this won't be a spineless fool. Maybe because his design isn't too generic.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 15:40   Link #5
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Is the PS2 game a dating sim?

*nosebleeds from Dual Absolute Territories[TM]
I'm not sure but it seems like its non-ero bishoujo game.

Look what it says in english on the site of the game (look on the right of the two girls), it says:

Who is my girl?

You or You or ... ?

Under the black hair of the girl I think there's some word that I can't read, her hair is in the way.

I want this game, the girls are so cute

I'm definitely watching this

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-27 at 15:51.
Old 2006-03-28, 07:56   Link #6
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this or not, because I usually avoid romance unless it's a love triangle or harem (Though they're not REALLY well done most of the time, the whole "which one will he choose" aspect is cool).
Well I don't watch girly anime for the romance at all, I just watch to see the girls going about their business being cute and flashing their panties. I don't expect this to be some shounen romance ala Video Girl Ai. And they could chuck out the main male lead like I give a sh*t. If you want real romance watch some josei like Honey and Clover, those stuff are very good albeit very draining on your soul. Too much emotional drama and I'll sink that's why light harem is preferred for now, though I am trying to graduate from it. I don't think this is quite harem yet, but it might be the light type of slice-of-life I am looking for. And it would be even better if it turns mental / psychological / spiritual like Narutaru (bad example :P)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 08:52   Link #7
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I don't think this is quite harem yet, but it might be the light type of slice-of-life I am looking for. And it would be even better if it turns mental / psychological / spiritual like Narutaru (bad example :P)
Yeah, there's a possibility that it may be something along the lines of Lamune, as opposed to Love Hina or Tenchi or SHUFFLE. And there's a chance that it'll have the same mood as Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora.

mental? Narutaru? We wish, but you never know. Since there are so many anime airing next week, I'm hoping that we'll get at least ONE initially-it-seems-nice-but-it-turns twisted anime, ala Narutaru or Utakata, or perhaps anime with more "psycho Kaede" moments.
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 23:30   Link #8
Morgri

Kamisama Kazoku

Kamiyama Samataro, a second grader of high school, is the eldest son of god's family. He is living with his father who is god, the mother who is a goddess, his sisters who are candidates for goddesses, and a help, Tenko, who is his childhood friend and an angel. They are living in a house built 25 years ago in Setagaya. The reason why they live in the human world is because they make Samataro study human world in order to become god.

However, his parents make miracles without intention and everything goes as he wants. Therefore, he becomes languid and dull, and he is always scolded by Tenko. One day, he encounters a mysterious transfer student, Kumiko, and falls in love with her. He makes up his mind to make her his girlfriend by himself. [Animenfo]

Am I the only one excited about this series. I don't know if there is a topic in here, but when I searched there isn't. So therefore, since I think it's not liscened, the topic will go here. I wonder who will sub it? Anybody know?
Morgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:52   Link #9
NeoSam

Volume 8 of the seinen(young men's) novel Kamisama Kazoku will be released on 25/4/2006.

(got added to first post of this thread).

The cover looks great, and the girl looks cute

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-05-12 at 09:35.
Old 2006-04-18, 19:57   Link #10
NeoSam

A 50 sec trailer for the anime is up:

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kamisa...amisama512.asx
Old 2006-05-03, 15:44   Link #11
NeoSam

Yay! its coming out soon

Other light seinen(young men's) novels that got published under the seinen label MF Bunko J, and also got animated:

Kage Kara Mamoru!

Zero no Tsukaima (the anime will start in July 2006)
Old 2006-05-03, 17:18   Link #12
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

I'm looking forward to this one. That pink haired girl is too cute
Old 2006-05-12, 09:41   Link #13
NeoSam

Yay! just a few more days >.<

Also, first volume of the manga will be out a few days after the broadcast of the first anime episode, so Yay! again
Old 2006-05-17, 04:11   Link #14
NeoSam

First episode will be broadcasted tomorrow
Old 2006-05-17, 04:51   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I hope it gets fansubbed. There just isn't enough anime about becoming a god. Pretty much just this and Kamichu.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 05:17   Link #16
Calca
Expressionless

Sure are a lot of divine power animes recently.

Suzumiya Haruhi...Kamichu!, and now this
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 12:20   Link #17
CaiSter21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I hope it gets fansubbed. There just isn't enough anime about becoming a god. Pretty much just this and Kamichu.

Triad is supposable going to sub this series
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 15:55   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Sure are a lot of divine power animes recently.

Suzumiya Haruhi...Kamichu!, and now this
Two is a lot?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 17:36   Link #19
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Two is a lot?
No...but THREE is!
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 19:14   Link #20
lavielove

The storyline is the first thing got me interest in Kamisama Kazoku and the next thing will be the color design.Good to see Noto in the staff list as well,so many show she handles in this season.

updated: manga fans're complaining about Air-Gear like every weeks even though they watched it. I like Toei animation handled Air-Gear in this season,so far,so good.Digimon Saver,good as well ??

I hope to see that kind of animation in Kazoku as well.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-05-18 at 10:02. Reason: removed screencap request
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen